“Amazing”

Ranked #15 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing”
Reviewed 7 January 2010

I would like to say that this hotel was truly amazing. I did read a lot of reviews on this website. A lot did not point out to it being good. However something about it appealed to me and I did book it in for my vacation to Dubai.

I must say the from the service to cleanliness to the very nature of the hotel was truly amazing.

This is a grand hotel Dubai style. From the outside to the inside. Do keep in mind though that it is primarily marketed as a business hotel.

However I would say that from the moment we walked in at 6 am - we were met at the airport by their staff - escorted to the waiting limousine and checked in - through the car.

When we reached the hotel we had a manager waiting for us at the door and took us straight to our Room - Level 36. Extremely polite and gentle man. He took our passport for check in and brought it back up in 5 minutes flat.

I was booked in to the Apex suite - which was in the shape of a triangle - like the hotel itself. The view from the bedroom was really cool overlooking Dubai and the palace stables. The bedroom was at the apex of the triangle so was novel in my view.
The bathroom was well appointed with accessories. We did need some extra accessories and a call through to the reception at 730 had a prompt response and delivery.

The hotel is very ideally located to the Dubai Mall - simply amzing mall I must add - unparalleled in my travels so far. Do make a note to catch the fountains outside it.

The staff were really helpful to a fault. My room was made up to high standards. All attention to detail was paid. I had asked for specific papers and medical pillows et al before I came. They were all there well aranged for me.

TIP: Dubai is a tipping nation. Do ensure you tip the guys - generously if you can. That just makes their day. Porters,c abbies restaurants all included.

The hotel is also connected to a shopping mall - however would not really recommend it - as it is a bit pricey. Would rather go to the Dubai Mall.

Also used the H2O spa services.
NOTE: If you have come off a long flight take a dip in their salt pool. Worth every dollar and then head for a massage. The staff were very polite and were more than what is expected from a 5* hotel.

Vu's Bar is something worth going to. The lift opens directly at the bar which is pretty cool. The views are really amazing from there and the drinks are off the hooks.
Ask the bar tenders to make one of their special cocktails. I did not even bother what they put in to it.

Also had breakfast in the ground floor -r estaurant not sure of the name but was really cool. With views of the pool and sunlight streaming through. Could not ask for more. The chef was making stuff on order plus a huge plus buffet! Riveting stuff!

Also had the oppurtunity to sit in the ground floor lobby cafe/restaurant - food was excellent and so was the service.

Check out is a breeze. You can check out online and simply walk out of the hotel. Else can go to the reception and they should have you ready to go in under 2 minutes.

Staff that were really good - Myo at the reception. Christopher at the Bell Desk.

Also to add I did leave some feedback for the hotel in my room. I received a prompt response the next day from their general manager. What else could you ask for when such attention is paid to such detail.

Another good thing was it had FREE wireless internet in the room. What else could you ask for - along with a printer et al. No issues printing out my boarding pass :)!

Do go check out the hotel's beach which is with the Jumeirah Beach hotel - with the Burj Al Arab in back ground - worth going to. The amount of water sports available is MAD! Not like the usual 5 minute ride around the corners stuff. We took a banana boat kind of adaptation. By golly we went right in to the heart of the Arabic Ocean. Simply mind blowing stuff. You have water scooters and the likes available. So if you are a water person - by all means go for it. Even if it is just for a walk. Else you always have the Al Wadi water park which was pretty cool & empty so what else could you ask for. No lines for going on any ride you like.

Also went to Vu's restaurant which was nice. Nothing extraordinary but all the same was good.

Do ask the hotel - if you are interested that is - to book you in to Lunch Dinner or Breakfast at the Burj Al Arab - review on that in a later one - but simply will say this - it is not expensive - and you should make it a point to go. Totally worth it.

Also the location for the hotel is really good - close to the Burj area and Dubai Mall.
Yes if you need to go to the Burj Al Arab side - not sure what it is called then it is about a 80 AED trip.

We needed some sightseeing et the likes. A call to the reception - once again spoilt me for choice - Dubai style. I would recommend to go check out the falcons - worth it again.

Taxis are available right out side on your beck and call. Else if you need style the hotel gives you a limousine for 300 AED/ hour.

On note of taxis - will recommend if you are doing a lot of going about - to hire a taxi for the day - a private taxi. Not those yellow ones.
I lost my mobile phone in a cab and veen though we tracked down the cab - thanks to the hotel - the taxi guy was not helpful.
Was recommended to me to use a private taxi for the day - and it is cheap.
Else taxis to and fro are extremely cheap and the way to go...
I used a guy by the name of Mehmood - with a Chrysler 300. It was amazing. Always waiting for us on or before time. We would be the ones running late. I would recommend him if you plan to take a private cab :)

I think the only thing missing from this hotel - is LCD TVs. They still have back in the day CRT TVs and small ones at that.

All in all will highly recommend this hotel. Did check out the The Atlantis et al but I think this hotel is all that it is made out to be and more.

Thanks Jumeirah for making my trip a memorable one!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank pkanwar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
UK, Iran
Reviewed 31 December 2009

Everything was up to a 5* hotel standard. Having been to many 5* hotels on business trips ( all thanks to my company's AMEX card. God bless them), they all look the same to me. But this one was somehow different, and made me feel great staying there.

Room decoration is fantastic. The extremely large ceiling high windows are really the cherry on the top (even though there is only dust, sand and construction sites to be seen out of these windows).

Only one criticism - there was an Arab man standing by the lifts, wearing Arabic costume and directing guests into various lifts. He was so rude, it was unbelievable (by the way, this is NOT in anyway directed towards Arabs - only this man!). I just cannot understand how you could talk to a human like this, let alone corporate guests of a 5* hotel. In short, he dragged me out of a lift and told me to "get" into another. I had no idea different lifts stop at different floors. If I was in a country where I knew the laws better, I probably would have hit him very hard. I did complain, but decided not to make big fuss over it.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 31 December 2009

Fantastic hotel. Lovely spacious room with stunning views of the city. Complimentary beach passes to sister hotel were an added bonus. Good breakfasts. Recommended!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
Dubai
Reviewed 11 December 2009

Big club rooms, one of the best club executive lounge. The staff new my name within a day and I felt like a prince during my 3 days stay.
well done to the Management and the Team.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Padova
Reviewed 8 December 2009

I'm italian, I stayed in this hotel for 6 nights during the Big 5 fair. It's been a very pleasant stay. The hotel is nice, with good service, spacious rooms and a very good breakfast. BUT. I'm working in the mattress production industry for more than 25 years and I care a lot about sleeping quality. Of course I'm used to sleep on a top class mattress and I expect to find the same confort in a 5 stars hotel. I immediately noticed that the mattress was hard as a stone and very unconfortable. I checked it out and I can say with absolute knowledge that it was a very cheap thing. I mean that in Italy you can buy such one for less than 100 euros as wholesale. The pillows were also very cheap. I'm surprised that nobody else noticed this, expecially among the americans. In the USA I always found good mattresses everywhere, also in cheap hotel chains like Doubletree. Not to mention Hilton or other 5 stars hotels.
I complained at the congierge about that and the reply was that to get a better mattress one should upgrade to a suite. In a 5 stars hotel??? This is ridicolous and enough for me not to recommend this hotel. A good sleep is essential, expecially during a business trip.
Stefano Dainese

Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Joemoonit
JumeirahTowers, General Manager at Jumeirah Emirates Towers, responded to this review, 14 December 2009
Dear Mr. Dainese,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor, following your recent stay at Jumeirah Emirates Towers. We very much appreciate your comments regarding our services.

I regret and apologize for the fact that your sleep experience did not meet your expectations. You will be pleased to know that Jumeirah Emirates Towers will be replacing all beds, linen, duvets and pillows by the end of the first quarter 2010 and we hope to be in the position to offer a new and more comfortable experience.

Thank you once again for your feedback and for your patronage.

Yannis Anagnostakis
London, England
Reviewed 3 December 2009

Currently trying to remove over a thousand pounds worth of pending items from my bank account which I have already paid for. I could shrug my shoulders as the client and my employer will reimburse me but I find this very annoying. Room service was efficient though rather unnervingly, somebody was trying to get in to my room through a connecting door - it's obviously part of a bigger suite on occasions - at about 3am. Couldn't really sleep after that. Restaurants are very good if a little soulless. Swimming pool is great though our breakfast poolside consisted of an omelette that I sincerely doubt had three eggs in it. Very small eggs if they were!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Maastricht, the Netherlands
Reviewed 21 November 2009

From the moment we landed on UAE soil, we were treated like royalty. We were swiftly taken past immigration and driven in a (complimentary) limousine to the hotel. Even arriving several hours before the official check-in time, we got our gigantic club executive room within 2 minutes.
From then on we were ALWAYS received with a smile and a helping hand, from any of the staff members, who seem to now you all by name within a day.
If you have high standards regarding service and quality, be sure that this hotel, and its staff, will actually go the extra mile and beyond your every expectation.

Tip: take one of the executive club rooms, with access to the executive lounge, with its compimentary breakfast, light lunch and dinner appetizers. Also the room and its ammenities are topclass, and the view from the 43rd floor is absolutely unforgettable.
Also the shuttlebus to the "shoreside" beachclub (fantastic) and the Madinat Jumeirah are great, especially to get an idea of getting your way around the first couple of days.

Conclusion: I shall be a very happy person if I ever get the chance to stay at the Emirates Towers again in future.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family