“First stay definitely not the last”

Jumeirah Mina A'Salam
Ranked #29 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Kingston upon Hull
“First stay definitely not the last”
Reviewed 9 September 2011

This hotel is faultless, the staff are pleasant and really helpful.We stayed here to celebrate lots of significant birthdays/anniversary, then even made us a cake to celebrate our silver wedding!Attention to detail is brilliant - cannot recommend this hotel highly enough....

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ericaj44
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, 19 September 2011

Greetings from Mina A’ Salam Hotel!

Congratulations once again on your Silver Wedding Anniversary. It is very heartwarming to read that you chose us to be a part of such a special occasion in your life. Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your holiday. I sincerely appreciate your kind words towards our staff, facilities and your overall positive impression towards our Resort. We look forward to celebrating many future romantic celebrations ahead.

Mahmoud Sakr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We stayed at the Mina in May/June 2010 and left a 'mixed bag' review - although excellent, there were a few niggles. We came again at the same time this year and we are so glad we did!
The holiday was perfect and an initial confusion at check-in was sorted out with good grace and efficiency by Mr. Roger Hannah. I hasten to add that the problem was down to our travel agent, not the hotel.
The kids lived the Sinbad's club in 2010 and couldn't wait to get back to it again. For the first few days, they played happily on the slide but on the 4th day, one of the pool guards told my daughter that she was too tall for the slide. A bit confusing and inconsistent but, again, dealt with efficiently and with good grace. I do think that it would have been better had the slide been able to take slightly taller kids as my daughter is a not particularly tall 8 year old. A little disappointing but the kids had plenty of other things to do.
Other than this, the hotel was superb. We used the gym every day and went to the Wild Wadi twice (hint: go at opening time and ride the Burj Surge and Jumeirah Scarer to your hearts' content, before the rush).
We absolutely loved the Abras and the waterways, especially in the evening. We ate at Latitude three times (at the Jumeirah Beach hotel) and the choice of food was stunning.
A few special mentions:
Roger, director of rooms, for sorting out our initial problem - thank you!
Saad, in the Al Muna restaurant. Fantastic with the kids and made us feel so welcome. A great character.
Herculano, leisure manager, who arranged our boat trip. Fantastic fun!
Ramsay, who met us as were leaving. We will certainly be contacting you again when we book next year. Can't wait!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Storvay
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, 10 September 2011

Greetings from Mina A’ Salam Hotel!

It is with great pleasure to read your very kind review. I am so pleased to learn of how you value our Hotel and I would like to express my sincere appreciation for the positive feedback.

Indeed, we do pride ourselves on our fabulous team of colleagues who is equally grateful for your warm acknowledgement of our efforts to exceed your expectations. Rest assured that I will share your kind words to Roger, Saad, Herculano and Ramsey for looking after your family during your stay.

Thank you for making Mina A’ Salam your destination of choice. We certainly look forward to welcoming your return in the very near future.

yorkshire
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Sooo. Sad to be home. Just had our fourth amazing stay at the Mina and wish it had been longer. After 16 fantastic days still didn't do everything we wanted in Dubai. The hotel and facilities are too good to leave. The new climbing wall was great fun and our 12 year old just loved the new kids gym.

Our stay was during Ramadan and we had been nervous that this may be a problem but it didn't make any difference other than being a little quieter than normal which was terrific with wild waddi no queues.

The service was fantastic everywhere. Our room was always kept beautifully by the staff who were in and out discreetly. The club lounge staff were always very helpful and friendly and Rita and Dorothy made my daughter feel so special. My husband had to go home for work leaving our 12 year old daughter and me for a further week. The hotel staff were fantastic checking we were ok and always making a special effort to see if we needed anything both in the club lounge and main reception.

We upgraded to half board during our stay and found this to be a great benefit as the some of the restaurants are quite expensive whilst the Wharf and Toscana have some very reasonable choices.

My husband view of the mina is EVERYONE should get to visit there at least once in their life.

Lastly a special thank you to Mr Sakr , Mr Hannah and Ramsey. Between you, you gave us a wonderful holiday

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank YorkshireTarquin

Greetings from Mina A’ Salam Hotel!

I am very pleased to read that your most recent experience with us exceeded your expectations and that your family had a wonderful vacation with us again.

Thank you for your time in sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, and especially for your warm comments concerning the professionalism of our colleagues; this feedback is much appreciated and I take great pleasure in sharing your kind recognition with our team directly. I’m glad our new fitness facilities are being enjoyed by our guests.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you upon your return.

Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Stayed in May 2009 for our Honeymoon and appreciate the review is a few years old. If Dubai is still anything to go by at the the time of our trip this hotel was wonderful. We had stayed at the Atlantis for a few days before and then came here for a few days before jetting off to Mauritius. Give us the Minda A'Salam over the Atlantis anyday. The staff, atmosphere complex was all WOW. Never been to a complex like it and possibly never will again.

THe waterways were unique and very easy to get around. THe market and restaurants, too many to choose from and the sandy beaches lovely.

Will definately come back in a few years to have few days of luxury again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank melb4444

Greetings from Mina A’ Salam Hotel!

I thank you immensely for taking the time to share the details of your experience via TripAdvisor and for your nice comments about our resort.

I’m extremely delighted to know that we also became part of such a unique occasion in your life. Honeymoons celebrate the start of a journey, and every now and then, the milestones on that journey need to be celebrated as well. We look forward to celebrating with you such milestones, past and future.

Surgut
Reviewed 31 August 2011

In early April, I and my wife were on vacation in Dubai at the Mina A'Salam. Great impression. We enjoy a feeling of complete physical and mental relaxation.

The main thing is what administration manages to combine in this hotel - a luxury and natural eastern hospitality! As a child I read books about the Middle East and Scheherazade, so here they were able to materialise this image without perception of falseness. Everything is real. Extremely friendly and responsive staff.

The General Manager of the hotel, Mr. Mahmoud Sakr, is a great guy! He is very customer oriented and personally responds to all emails and requests (This is true, I’ve checked). Once I pointed out a couple of not very important points and the reaction exceeded all my expectations. His deputy, Ramsey, was genuinely interested in how he could help us every day. Notice, everything I described above happened in a very big hotel not in a family chalet with three rooms.

The atmosphere of the East is very genial, in Mina A'Salam you can feel like you are a sultan. Full relaxation without obstacles to comfort when moving between the hotel and the city.

I recently read that in a survey conducted by the online travel agency Sunshine.co.uk, Dubai was included in insecure places for holidays by the British. Nonsense! There are two versions: either these "British" have never been in Dubai, or they have never been in Britain. Certainly, if anyone wants to create a drunken fight, then nobody will ignore it. In Dubai, the safety is as reliable as in the UK!

If you want a fabulous family holiday, why not fly to Dubai and enjoy yourselves at Mina A Salam! Checked!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mikhail_Serdyuk
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Mina A’ Salam hotel!

I am delighted to read your very positive, and thorough review of Mina A’ Salam and would like to sincerely thank you for your loyalty to our Resort.

I am also grateful for your kind compliments of service standards, colleagues’ attentiveness, our luxury facilities and offerings as well as our efforts to ensure your holidays with us continue to exceed your expectations. Your kind acknowledgement of me and my team’s hospitality is very warmly received.

Along with the colleagues of Mina A’Salam, I look forward to welcoming you back to Madinat Jumeirah - the Arabian Resort of Dubai, in the very near future. It is certainly a pleasure to do so.

Reviewed 27 August 2011

This hotel is the most amazing hotel I have been to ... And we travel 5* alot! The food is to die for, the staff are helpful, kind and always willing to improve your stay! The beach is like heaven, clean, smooth and there are men who walk around with complimentary oranges, ice-cream, spray water to cool you down etc. The room itself was an Arabian suit and was huge! The bed was like we were sleeping on a cloud and it was so big we barely touched each other when lying down. We are def going to return and I am so happy I chose this as part of our honeymoon destinations!

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank Aaliyah84

Greetings from Mina A’ Salam Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at Mina A’Salam and trip to Dubai. I am delighted to read just how much you enjoyed your holiday and our Hotel featured among the most wonderful hotels you have stayed in.

Thank you for acknowledging the friendliness and attentiveness of our team; it is certainly with great pleasure that we take every opportunity to exceed your expectations. We have recently changed all beds in the hotel to ultra-luxury bedding, and I’m glad that this has not gone unnoticed by our guests.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to Mina A’ Salam in the near future. Thank you for making us a part of a new chapter in your life.

United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Well let me start with the the niggles of this hotel only small ones though. We stayed from 15-21 August and were checked in at front desk at around 8am ish. We were greeted with a cold towel and that was it after a 7 hour flight a little breakfast would of been nice to be offered as comparable to the LRM thats what we were offered 10 weeks previous. We then had to wait for our room as none were available as we knew check in was 12-15.00hrs. We gave them our mobile number to which was not called. So we went to reception around 12ish and asked if one was ready ,so that we could settle into and then explore the hotel further. In the morning we had time to visit the quay club(gym) to freshen up and get our swim stuff on.We used the pool till till 11.30.Once dry we went for a look around the hotel souk. We then went back to ask if the room was ready. The room had a clear view to the Burj al arab and Jumeirah beach hotel. But there was a small piece of grounds being worked on even at 12am. They could only slightly be heard from the balcony but in the room no noise was heard not a bother to us as your view of the Burj and JBH was superb. The 1st night a bit of confusion with restaurants we were told by front desk you did not need to book for most restaurants. So we ventured down to Al muna at 7.30pm as we had not eaten all day to be told the Iftar buffet was on and that we could not eat on our vouchers till 9pm. So we asked were we could eat and they said arboretum so we got on a abra(boat) to Arboretum and was told the same iftar buffet till 9pm. As you can imagine a child in tow and all being very hungry not to mention tired we were getting fed up by this point. They then said go to khaymat al bahar. Well by around 8.30pm we were waiting to be seated. I must say we were not a fan of this place as we did not like alot of the buffet food on offer. So went to bed hungry. The 2nd day spent it at wild wadi which is free to Jumeirah guest just catch a buggy at the beach and it takes 2mins to get there. We also ate at wild wadi for lunch. For our 2nd evening we went down to the The Wharf restaurant to eat and was told they were fully booked so i stood my ground and said that when I checked in The Wharf and a coulpe of others you did not need to book.I explained about the previous night and said we were only a family of 3 please let us be seated as we were not willing to trundle an hour around to find another restaurant. They let us in and the food was devine. Our 3rd day was around the pool and we ate at shimmers for lunch as we were to go on the safari trip (arabian adventures booked with hotel) Amazing trip in the desert dune bashing,camel riding ,henna shisa pipes and food and drinks inclusive.4th night we went to wild wadi and went to concierge desk to book Go west at JBH as my childs choice the theme was fun and the food good. We also looked around the shops and took a lift to the top of the hotel and you have a view over the city. 5th day we went to the beach and wild wadi again and left at 5pm straight to mall of emirates for some presents and then off to Toscana at 10pm for dinner (you don't need to book toscana but its busy.Last and final day we went to the souk and bought some more bits and a little table tennis we had a lazy breakfast. Then off to get showered ready for pick up at 12.05 to the airport back home. We ate at al muna for breakfast and Arboretum.Arboretum being our favourite for breakfast. All in all the hotel was fab The dining was a bit confused but every other aspect was fab. We had all our niggles sought out by concierge and will love to come back in a heart beat. The hotel was better placed and the views were great. The beach was so nice and the sea was around 39C so sandy and yet perfect in every way. Just the fact that we had half board included was great and Wild wadi was great for the family to play at. I even learnt to flow ride and can't wait to have another go as it was so funny and its a must no matter what your age. This hotel was serving food and drink all day although it was ramadan NO ALCOHOLIC DRINKS TILL 8PM even in the restaurants because of ramadan.Forgive me for saying it but there were a lot of people that did not know this. Also no food outlets in the mall were open until 7pm to which my child was so wanting an ice cream at cold stone creamery. We did get one at 7pm ish but had a wait as it was very busy. Yes I would go in ramadan again as it was not a bother to us and most definitely I would stay at Mina A Salam again already looking for next year can't wait to be in Dubai again. The temperature was 39c-41c and there was a nice sea breeze it was hotter in May/june 2011.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Pin054321

Greetings from Mina A’ Salam Hotel!

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review from your recent stay with us at Mina A’ Salam. I am very grateful for the feedback you have provided. We were indeed very busy during Ramadan; however, that is no excuse for the shortfalls experienced as these are not typical of the high standards we strive to maintain.

I have spoken to the teams mentioned and they will be using the feedback to make sure that all gaps in our service delivery are closed. I am glad that you found the half-board promotion valuable, please be on the look out for it during coming seasons as well.

I look forward to your return, and I encourage you to contact me directly so that I can ensure that no niggles occur- only memorable moments.