“Heavenly”

Jumeirah Mina A'Salam
Ranked #34 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Although I stayed at this hotel in September 2012, I'm now writing this review.
I have previously stayed at Dar Al Masyaf and Al Qasr, the two 'sister' hotels on this complex and it was only right that I tried this hotel to gain the full 'Madinat Jumeriah' experience.
I was not to be disappointed at all......
Check in was swift, friendly and extremely efficient with the usual courtesy and politeness that this brand has become synonymous with. After check in was completed and a complimentary glass of freshly squeezed orange juice had been consumed it was off to the room. The room on the 3rd floor with a desert view was spacious, clean, nicely appointed and had a distinct Arabian theme to it. Fresh fruit, flowers and chocolates were in place and this is all standard when checking in. We were given a comprehensive tour of the room and its facilities before being left to recover from our journey.
The room itself was above average size with a good sized balcony also. The bathroom was large and well appointed with towels, robes and toiletries and those 'rainfall' showers are a real pleasure indeed. The rooms compare favourably to that of Al Qasr and Dar Al Masyaf and beat any other hotel room I have ever stayed in either in the Middle East or around the World.
The hotel itself is quiet and really is a 'port of peace' as the name translates from Arabic. The facilities are excellent, the pools are clean, well maintained and well staffed with lifeguards and personnel. The beach is clean and the number of sun beds are plentiful. A beach attendant makes up your bed with a number of towels and on the hour and every hour complimentary ice creams, cold and vanilla infused face towels or frozen slices of cucumber are distributed to all guests either on the beach or at the pool.
Breakfast is a real treat in this hotel with an excellent selection in a calm and relaxing setting. The restaurants in this hotel are also excellent and 'The Wharf' is a particular favourite of mine. Other restaurants at the Souk Madinat Jumeirah are also excellent and although not affiliated to the hotel I strongly advise all visitors to they Trader Vics out.
These 3 hostels are in my opinion the best 3 hotels in the Persian Gulf, they are so well designed, kept in great condition and very well furnished and appointed, but the real success to these hotels I believe lies with the staff. The word 'No' does not seem to appear in their vocabulary and nothing is ever too much trouble or hassle. The staff are polite, friendly and extremely welcoming, I'm not talking 'Florida have a nice day' over friendly, but they seem absolutely genuine. There is no doubt from my experience that the staff at any establishment can make the difference between good and great and bad and truly awful.
Would I stay here again.......... I've stayed at the two sister hotels at least once a year for the past 7 years and I have just booked again today for July 2013.
I recommend this hotel to business guests, families and couples. You really will not be disappointed with a visit here!!!
I often describe the Madinat Jumeriah to friends as my 'little piece of heaven on earth'. I am already counting down the weeks until my next visit.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank GREGGO1547
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Dear Guest

Greetings from Mina A’ Salam Hotel!

Thank you very much for your detailed and glowing review of your recent stay with us last September. I am personally delighted to read of your wonderful feedback towards our culinary offerings, room settings and amenities, your arrival and check in experience, courtesy of our colleagues and the overall facilities of our resort. Your kind words will not only motivate our colleagues but it will also serve as an added inspiration to all of us to keep our service standard in line with our guest expectations.

I have also noted that you already have planned on returning in our hotel during the summer period and I immensely value you as our regular and repeat guest and it is always a pleasure to welcome you back.

Thank you once again for recommending us to your friends and business partners. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 February 2013 via mobile

Having booked an Arabian deluxe room with executive and premium leisure club access, we were entitled to a free transfer from the airport. We were met off the flight and taken straight to our huge, comfy, air-conditioned car and whisked off to the Madinat. Once we arrived we were shown to our check in area and had everything explained to us.

Our room was lovely and the bed sooo comfy! Nice big bathroom and everything was spotlessly clean.

We stayed here for 4 nights and loved it. The abras that take you between hotels and the souk were great, so quick and give you a different perspective of the hotels.

We had Friday brunch at Al Qasr - can't recommend that enough, it was amazing! We also ate in Zheng He's, Toscana and at the pool bar and restaurant and all were fine.

If we come back to Dubai we'd rebook to stay here in a second!

• Stayed: January 2013
5  Thank MissSea

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your stay. Additionally, thank you for making us a part of your life journey.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and was pleased with the service and facilities at the property. All your kind comments with regards to airport transfer arrival experience, room amenities and Club lounge privileges, and our Abra waterways are highly appreciated.

I have also noted of your warm feedback with regards to your Brunch experience in Al Qasr as well as your dining experience in Zheng He’s, Toscana and at the Pool Bar area.

On behalf of my team, I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in our resort.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

The title pretty much says it all. We stayed for 5 nights at the hotel in an ocean view room, which was beautifully laid out. The attention paid to the furnishings and little touches everywhere really make for a fabulous and comfortable experience. Loved the in room complimentary coffee & tea making facilities. Breakfast is great with a wide variety of food ranging from Asian, Indian to Mediterranean. Service from everyone at the hotel was top notch. Good internet connection was available all over madinat jumeirah. I could go on. I definitely hope to return.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank aok06
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for posting a review on Trip Advisor and sharing your experience during your recent stay with us.

Your kind words and appreciation towards your room setting, amenities, culinary offerings, internet facility and colleague’s services are highly appreciated. I am sure my colleagues would be pleased to read of your review as well.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you and your family back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

Las Vegas meets the Arabic without the casino's. Our tour company arranged our booking and think this was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in & we have stayed in a few. Situated on the ocean between the Burj & the palm which is perfectly position away from the hassle of than city centre but close enough to commute with ease.

The service & food was out standing. We wished we had longer and would have spent a day in the hotel enjoying all it has to offer. Yes eating & drinking a little pricie but not over the top and certainly fitting the establishment.

Our room was a delux with ocean views, large, well appointed and opulent. Free wifi throughout the hotel, 24 hour gondola or golf cart transportation with a range of restaurants that caters for everyone. We had an issue with a tour we arranged & the hotel went out of their way to try to rectify it to the point of offering free transportation to the complex, even though we did not book it through them.

The cocktail bar was intermit and the Cuban music was a great way to spend the end of the night.

The mall next door has a bar, many shops that lead back to the hotel artificial river lined by the many great eateries. The city tour bus leaves from there as well so just a perfect place to be.

I put it in the same league at he Bellagio in Las Vegas only larger & even more to do or see. Ten out of ten!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Daz2012

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review following your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that you had an amazing time with us and that you were overall impressed with our facility, resort environment and culinary offerings.

It’s a great honour to be compared with other iconic hotels. Although we hope to become the standard of comparison in years to come.

We look forward to welcoming you back in Mina A’ Salam in the future.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

there is not much to say...everything was just perfect and every wish is read straight off your lips.
This is one place which once you experienced, you always want to come back.
Although my stay goes back already to December 2010, the praise is still deserved and I have been thinking of going back ever since.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank okrased
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Dear Guest

We immensely value you as our regular and repeat guest and it is always a pleasure to welcome you back.

Thank you once again for choosing Mina A’ Salam on your 2nd visit and nd we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

the onbly hotel in the world with own Mall, 42 restaurants, transpot by noats to the restauarants (3,7 km!), very romantic hotel immedataly next to the beach with nice viuw on the Palm Island as well.
everything is nearby and via taxi it takes 10 min to go to the centre.

Room Tip: view on seaside is top
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank harberNetherlands

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and writing a review in Trip Advisor. Your kind acknowledgement of our restaurant variety, beach scenery and transportation services are highly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back in Mina A’ Salam in the future.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We arrived late evening after an excellent flight with Etihad Airways direct from Dublin to Abu Dhabi- I usually do not comment on airlines but the service in Pearl Class is really very good and flying direct is such a treat out of Dublin! Abu Dhabi is an hour from Dubai, we were transferred to the hotel by Etihad, all very civilised.
Check in was quick and pleasant. The hotel was full, however we were upgraded to a room with a better view and access to the exec lounge. The hotel complex is huge, not really what we go for but the decor is so pretty and the surroundings are lovely it actually felt quite cosy. I loved the abras(gondolas) which you could use to go to the many restaurants hidden through out the property.
The view from our balcony in the morning was fabulous, the beach, the sea, the waterways and of course sunshine!
Unfortunately I became ill and spent the rest of the holiday more or less in the room. The staff were so helpful, when we asked for a Doctor he arrived within the hour (both times) they arranged to get my prescriptions, they checked on me during the day when I was deserted by partner and daughter! They sent up sandwiches one day.
On New years eve I dragged myself to the celebrations, I was dreading a night catering for 1000's of guests but to my amazement it was amazing. We had a romantic table for three at the fish restaurant Pier Chic and had a really excellent meal with wonderful wines (too sick to drink myself)
The fireworks were the best I have ever seen and the general atmosphere was great. A good place to gather for new year.
Gym was great I believe, as was the spa though they need to invest in more comfortable loungers in the relaxation room. Lots of restaurants, so no need to move from the complex.
A word about the exec lounge- my first experience using one and I was very impressed, you can have breakfast, afternoon tea and happy hour in the lounge and the standard of food and service was again excellent. There is a concierge there, who is very helpful. The room and patio area was nice to sit in and I certainly managed to struggle from the room for afternoon tea on a couple of days.
Dubai is a perfect rest and relaxation destination and the Mina is the perfect place to do it. I hope to return and not get sick!

Room Tip: Exec lounge is on second floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank hardtofindaname
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind review of you and your family’s stay in Mina A’ Salam in December. I really appreciate you taking the time and sharing your experience in details and our effort to make your holiday extra special despite the unfortunate illness that you experienced. I am glad to know that you are well and our colleagues were able to assist you during this difficult times.

Your words will not only motivate our colleagues, but inspire the entire team in Mina A’ Salam to continue providing the best service experience.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the future.