“lovely few days”

Jumeirah Mina A'Salam
Ranked #46 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 13 February 2013

We flew in overnight for a 3 night break in Dubai. We have always stayed at one of the One an Only hotels but to be honest they have gone a bit down market in the last few years so decided to have a change and chose the Mina a' Salem , what a difference !
We arrived about an hour and a half after landing to be greeted by lovely staff , a refreshing glass of orange juice and a cold towel. Our room was all ready for us and we were whisked away to it within minutes. We had an Arabian deluxe room which was very nice , had everything we needed including a balcony to take in the stunning sunsets.
The hotel is immaculate in all its areas, the parts we did see were always staffed by very happy people, at no point did we come across any difficulties.
We spent our days on the lovely beach, plenty of sunbeds at all times , a fab view of the Burg Al Arab and a lovely stretch of sea which is not land locked and as dead as a doe doe like the beach at the One and Only, my husband even spotted a massive fish just on the waters edge.
The Madinat resort has lots of restaurants , we choose to go to the more upmarket of these. We tried Pierchic the first night which was fabulous, set out on a jetty in the sea , a place to have a very romantic meal , the food was sublime but then it should be for the amount we paid !!
We made all our reservations in the uk before arriving because we were there over a weekend an didn't want to be disappointed and not get in to our chosen restaurants.
On the Saturday night we pushed the boat out and had a meal in the restaurant on the 27th floor of the Burg Al Arab ( sorry can't remember the name ) . We also booked the skyview bar for cocktails after dinner. You cannot just go into the Burg , you need a reservation to get any where near the place so be warned , but to be honest if you are paying what they are for a room you expect a bit of them and us . Personally we found the whole place a bit naff and O T T , the restaurant itself was very underwelming , the ambience nothing special and the food certainly nothing to write home about , we have had much better meals in the more upmarket restaurants in London. The bill for 2 starters , 2 main courses, a bottle of New Zealand wine , 2 coffees , a port and armagnac £ 600.00 thank you very much !!! There was supposed to be a dress code , we made the effort but maybe a member of staff should have pointed out to the guy walking around in an anorak and flat cap and all the other sruffs that they are letting the side down !!
Cocktails in the bar afterwards were fine , the idea is to get a look at the view but unless you are seated front row you only see the dark at night and the lights of Dubai. We had a good time but won't be returning.
On our last night we ate at MJ'S over at al Qusar, billed as a steak house, it was again very good and couldn't recommend it enough.
We never bothered with breakfast in the mornings, the room has tea and coffee making facilities which is very handy, so can't comment on any other places . We always had lunch on our sunbeds ,the guys serving were always excellant and prompt and the greek salads very good.
In summing up this hotel in not cheap by any standards, but then that seemed to have kept away a certain type of people. Every thing about the place is top notch just as you would expect, excellant staff and facilities restaurants and bars.
We are hoping to return for a few days later in the year, we were that impressed.

Room Tip: Our room 201 overlooked part of the souk and an outside restaurant , so if sitting on the balcony en...
5  Thank WokingSurreyScruffy
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you immensely for taking the time to share your detailed experience with others and for your nice comments about our resort, food, and service.

I am overjoyed to read that your visit to Madinat Jumeirah was a wonderful trip and that our colleagues made you feel welcomed and loved. We will keep on working hard to provide the best of all ourselves. Our goal is always to exceed our guests´ expectations.

Our main commitment is to maintain the high standards you have experienced through consistency training to our colleagues; of whom we are very proud and believe is the finest in the Region.

Thank you once again for your wonderful feedback and we look forward in welcoming you once again in our hotel in the future.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,936)

Reviewed 11 February 2013

We have stayed at the Atlantis on the Palm previously and were overawed by the facilities and setting but the Madinat Jumeirah is at another level.

The location, on an 'actual' beach is superior to the Palm and the privacy of the Jumeriah complex allows you access all of the adjoining properties (including the Waterpark) and the entire length of he beach without leaving the complex all in the shadow of the Burj Al Arab.

I can't actually fault very much at all at this place (which for me is something). It is entirely Disney-esque and oddly unlike most of Dubai in that channels the Arabesque-traditional theme. So if you don't like dark wood, fabrics and lanterns - avoid. But the extent of the facilities and attention to detail is impressive.

Although we had to wait almost the entire day to checkin (we arrived at 10am) the check in team comp'd us some drinks in the lobby bar. We were given an outward facing standard room (the Burj and City Centre as the amazing view) with a small balcony. The room was comfortable an really well equipped. There really wasn't anything missing - topped off by a bowl of fresh fruit and bottled water being provided everyday. Big spacious bathroom with an excellent shower. Really no complaints about the accommodation at all. A first for me.

We stayed on a Half Board basis; allowing us to use over a dozen restaurants in and around the resort. The quality of the food was mostly excellent - the exception being 'Toscana' which had hopeless service and average food. We used the buffet option most nights as it was extremely good quality and informal. Prices for alcohol are not that steep compared to other upscale hotels. I did think the beach/snack food was overpriced though (€15 for a pizza, €19 for a burger).

A few general points: A major plus is the free wifi throughout the resort (not on the beach sadly!). The staff were all polite and couldn't do enough and there is a no tipping policy which is impressive (doesn't mean you can't though). The beach was immaculate and the we never had to wait for service. In the same sense the beach was reasonably quiet and the loungers well spaced. Moving around the (large) resort is easy too with buggys and the trademark Abra boats which add a bit of 'jungle cruise' to an evening out. You also have complimentary access to the Waterpark next door but I would say if you can make the effort; Aquaventure on the Palm is superior in every way. The gym is huge/well equipped and one of the best I have ever used - the staff being super friendly too.

The general vibe of the resort (this was in Feb) is relaxed and calm. There seemed to be a higher proportion of Eastern European and Russian guests and not too many from the UK. It was never rowdy or seemed busy - the exception being the tacky Friday brunch that is laid on at the buffet (Al Muna). This means the hotel is flooded with non-residents who can drink heavily from 10.30-4pm. We chose this day to go out to the Mall. But returned to loud music with awful singing drifting across the lake down to the beach. For us - this really was out of place with the resort's style. Not to mention the food carts crammed on to the wharf. I realise it's a money maker but seemed ill judged.

All in all, this place has everything in a great setting. It is entirely make believe of course - but I would recommend and likely to return and perhaps for longer.

Room Tip: Closer to the lifts as this is a large property, esp the North wing.
5  Thank AnotherUnitedKingdom

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Mina A’ Salam during your recent visit in Dubai. I am very pleased to read that your stay with us has left you with such fond memories of your holiday. Thank you for recognizing our colleagues and for leaving an overall wonderful impression towards our resort. It is certainly with great pleasure that we were able to do so.

I sincerely appreciate your plans to come back to the hotel and would be very delighted to welcome you once again.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 10 February 2013

After researching for the best Hotel to celebrate my First Wedding Aniversary(last week) , i did not have to think twice to book a room in Mina a Salam.
Everything was easy right from getting details and booking , till we checked out.The staff was the geniunely intrested to give you the best service.
The most memorable was for my wife as it was a surprise treat for her from me.
I could see she was amazed by the facilities in the resort and mentioning could not completley explore the resort in just a day. I am so happy that managment considered our ocassion as it was our anniversary and ensured we enjoyed it. A special delivery of gifts and bubbly to our room and it really was surpring even for me as it was not in my plan. The facilities are excellent as you have acess to pvt beach, the abra rides which takes half an hour to fully see, acess to wild wadi water park(which itself takes full a day ...), Gym and Spa. And the service of the employees is remarkable. For sure the management for this resort is the best they have in U.A.E. I almost forgot to mention the Bahri Bar and Pierchic in the resort(Madinat Jumeirah Resort)which is some of the best restaurants there in U.A.E .
If i am voting the best hotel in U.A.E it will be Mina a salam.

5  Thank Sinesh V
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Although I stayed at this hotel in September 2012, I'm now writing this review.
I have previously stayed at Dar Al Masyaf and Al Qasr, the two 'sister' hotels on this complex and it was only right that I tried this hotel to gain the full 'Madinat Jumeriah' experience.
I was not to be disappointed at all......
Check in was swift, friendly and extremely efficient with the usual courtesy and politeness that this brand has become synonymous with. After check in was completed and a complimentary glass of freshly squeezed orange juice had been consumed it was off to the room. The room on the 3rd floor with a desert view was spacious, clean, nicely appointed and had a distinct Arabian theme to it. Fresh fruit, flowers and chocolates were in place and this is all standard when checking in. We were given a comprehensive tour of the room and its facilities before being left to recover from our journey.
The room itself was above average size with a good sized balcony also. The bathroom was large and well appointed with towels, robes and toiletries and those 'rainfall' showers are a real pleasure indeed. The rooms compare favourably to that of Al Qasr and Dar Al Masyaf and beat any other hotel room I have ever stayed in either in the Middle East or around the World.
The hotel itself is quiet and really is a 'port of peace' as the name translates from Arabic. The facilities are excellent, the pools are clean, well maintained and well staffed with lifeguards and personnel. The beach is clean and the number of sun beds are plentiful. A beach attendant makes up your bed with a number of towels and on the hour and every hour complimentary ice creams, cold and vanilla infused face towels or frozen slices of cucumber are distributed to all guests either on the beach or at the pool.
Breakfast is a real treat in this hotel with an excellent selection in a calm and relaxing setting. The restaurants in this hotel are also excellent and 'The Wharf' is a particular favourite of mine. Other restaurants at the Souk Madinat Jumeirah are also excellent and although not affiliated to the hotel I strongly advise all visitors to they Trader Vics out.
These 3 hostels are in my opinion the best 3 hotels in the Persian Gulf, they are so well designed, kept in great condition and very well furnished and appointed, but the real success to these hotels I believe lies with the staff. The word 'No' does not seem to appear in their vocabulary and nothing is ever too much trouble or hassle. The staff are polite, friendly and extremely welcoming, I'm not talking 'Florida have a nice day' over friendly, but they seem absolutely genuine. There is no doubt from my experience that the staff at any establishment can make the difference between good and great and bad and truly awful.
Would I stay here again.......... I've stayed at the two sister hotels at least once a year for the past 7 years and I have just booked again today for July 2013.
I recommend this hotel to business guests, families and couples. You really will not be disappointed with a visit here!!!
I often describe the Madinat Jumeriah to friends as my 'little piece of heaven on earth'. I am already counting down the weeks until my next visit.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank GREGGO1547
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Dear Guest

Greetings from Mina A’ Salam Hotel!

Thank you very much for your detailed and glowing review of your recent stay with us last September. I am personally delighted to read of your wonderful feedback towards our culinary offerings, room settings and amenities, your arrival and check in experience, courtesy of our colleagues and the overall facilities of our resort. Your kind words will not only motivate our colleagues but it will also serve as an added inspiration to all of us to keep our service standard in line with our guest expectations.

I have also noted that you already have planned on returning in our hotel during the summer period and I immensely value you as our regular and repeat guest and it is always a pleasure to welcome you back.

Thank you once again for recommending us to your friends and business partners. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 February 2013 via mobile

Having booked an Arabian deluxe room with executive and premium leisure club access, we were entitled to a free transfer from the airport. We were met off the flight and taken straight to our huge, comfy, air-conditioned car and whisked off to the Madinat. Once we arrived we were shown to our check in area and had everything explained to us.

Our room was lovely and the bed sooo comfy! Nice big bathroom and everything was spotlessly clean.

We stayed here for 4 nights and loved it. The abras that take you between hotels and the souk were great, so quick and give you a different perspective of the hotels.

We had Friday brunch at Al Qasr - can't recommend that enough, it was amazing! We also ate in Zheng He's, Toscana and at the pool bar and restaurant and all were fine.

If we come back to Dubai we'd rebook to stay here in a second!

• Stayed: January 2013
5  Thank MissSea

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your stay. Additionally, thank you for making us a part of your life journey.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and was pleased with the service and facilities at the property. All your kind comments with regards to airport transfer arrival experience, room amenities and Club lounge privileges, and our Abra waterways are highly appreciated.

I have also noted of your warm feedback with regards to your Brunch experience in Al Qasr as well as your dining experience in Zheng He’s, Toscana and at the Pool Bar area.

On behalf of my team, I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in our resort.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 1 February 2013

The title pretty much says it all. We stayed for 5 nights at the hotel in an ocean view room, which was beautifully laid out. The attention paid to the furnishings and little touches everywhere really make for a fabulous and comfortable experience. Loved the in room complimentary coffee & tea making facilities. Breakfast is great with a wide variety of food ranging from Asian, Indian to Mediterranean. Service from everyone at the hotel was top notch. Good internet connection was available all over madinat jumeirah. I could go on. I definitely hope to return.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank aok06
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for posting a review on Trip Advisor and sharing your experience during your recent stay with us.

Your kind words and appreciation towards your room setting, amenities, culinary offerings, internet facility and colleague’s services are highly appreciated. I am sure my colleagues would be pleased to read of your review as well.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you and your family back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

Las Vegas meets the Arabic without the casino's. Our tour company arranged our booking and think this was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in & we have stayed in a few. Situated on the ocean between the Burj & the palm which is perfectly position away from the hassle of than city centre but close enough to commute with ease.

The service & food was out standing. We wished we had longer and would have spent a day in the hotel enjoying all it has to offer. Yes eating & drinking a little pricie but not over the top and certainly fitting the establishment.

Our room was a delux with ocean views, large, well appointed and opulent. Free wifi throughout the hotel, 24 hour gondola or golf cart transportation with a range of restaurants that caters for everyone. We had an issue with a tour we arranged & the hotel went out of their way to try to rectify it to the point of offering free transportation to the complex, even though we did not book it through them.

The cocktail bar was intermit and the Cuban music was a great way to spend the end of the night.

The mall next door has a bar, many shops that lead back to the hotel artificial river lined by the many great eateries. The city tour bus leaves from there as well so just a perfect place to be.

I put it in the same league at he Bellagio in Las Vegas only larger & even more to do or see. Ten out of ten!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Daz2012

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review following your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that you had an amazing time with us and that you were overall impressed with our facility, resort environment and culinary offerings.

It’s a great honour to be compared with other iconic hotels. Although we hope to become the standard of comparison in years to come.

We look forward to welcoming you back in Mina A’ Salam in the future.