“great position, great staff, great holiday”

Jumeirah Mina A'Salam
Ranked #44 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Having stayed at all of the hotels on Jumeirah beach the Mina A Salam would be my preferred choice for the following reasons.

It’s a big enough hotel to have all of the facilities you would expect from a five star hotel but has the intimacy and feel of a small boutique hotel.

Its position is arguably the best as it is positioned between Al Qasr and the Jumeirah beach hotel. This makes it easy to grab one of the free golf buggies and travel between hotels and restaurants on the resort.

The beach outside the hotel is the best on Jumeirah beach.

All of the staff are wonderfully warm and friendly.

The restaurants at the Mina A Salam are all excellent but in particular Jambase. The food is superb and the entertainment great.

I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel as the best in Dubai.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Tim B
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Mina A'Salam, Madinat Jumeirah. I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us and to receive such a positive and warm review of your stay.

We are most appreciative of your acknowledgment that our hotel services and facilities far exceed your expectations and that you would choose to stay with us on future visits.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Mina A'Salam, hopefully in the very near future.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,893)

Reviewed 4 March 2013

2 Day Break at the Mina A Salam
Sirius Card.
Early arrival 1pm at the hotel, Reception ok but not waww got a room and what a room!!!!!!
Dark, elevated ground floor overlooking nothing and major AC plant noise.
What a disapointment!!!!!! is that the kind of room Jumeirah group gives to their loyal customers???
We definitely wouldnt stay in this room, so we asked reception for a change and we were proposed another room but had to pay extra for upgrade. Is this right??
Loyal customers with card, wrong room and extra for a change???? I dont think so......
NOT A GOOD START
Anyway, finally in a room we should have had since the begining :
Nice ample room, views to the sea but so noisy because of Friday Brunch untill 6 PM as people tend to stay longer than closing time. Impossible to stay in the room and relax.
Room service ok but a bite slow
Then issue with reception on booking a table at Shimmers,as we wanted a SHISHA spot on the beach.
Reception said no booking is available :when we reached there, we are asked which area of the restaurant we were going to : the booking one or the other? Surprise........ I talked to the staff there, expalining that according to the hotel reception this restaurant was operating on a non booking basis.NOBODY could give me an answer
I complained and ask to talk to reception to confirm.
The so called receptionist couldnt understand what i was saying and said that if I spoke better english she could do someting for me and hang up on me.
With the help of shimmers staff, we tried and tried to reach this person at reception but she wouldnt pick up
IS THAT THE WAY CUSTOMER SERVICE WORKS AT THIS HOTEL????
Training is required there at all levels!!!!! and an apology as well.........
We complained at reception the following day: got apologies from the duty manager, the least they could do.
Would I recommend this Hotel??
Yes for the LOCATION AND THE SEA VIEW ROOMS.
A NOOOOO for the FOOD AND BEVERAGE, I havent mentioned the other unpleasant experience we have had in one of the other location.
By the way I am still waiting for the manager to call me as he was supposed to, regarding these issues........ No Comments
I WOULD NOT GO BACK, nore our friends after such a bad experience..........

Room Tip: Ask for sea view rooms. Rooms on level 1, the one with the large terrace and a nice sea view.+++++
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank S A
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay with us at Mina A’Salam, Madinat Jumeirah.

We allocate the room based on the room category booked and apologise that the first room was not to you liking. However, I am glad to learn that the team managed to give you a room you preferred.

I am certainly very concerned to read your feedback regarding the attitude of our front office colleague in handling your query and the fact that no one from our senior team member contacted you to date. I sincerely apologise on behalf of the team for these shortfalls and please be assured that I have shared this to the concerned department heads to ensure that we take the necessary actions and training to avoid the same from taking place in the future.

I truly appreciate that you took the time to bring the above matters to our attention. I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and that your recent experience at Mina A’Salam will not deter you to return to Madinat Jumeirah or any other Jumeirah propertly in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly if there is anything that I can do should you decide to return to Mina A’Salam.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

This resort is in an excellent location on the white powdery sands of Jumeirah beach over looking the Al Burj(beautiful photo opportunity moments day and night).From the moment we entered into the giant reception area at 8am we were very tired after a long flight although check in wasnt til later we had a cold drink while our room was being prepared for us it was ready within an hour.. the huge floral arrangement in the center of reception was stunning and catches your eye as soon as you enter the hotel!..Our room was stunning,spotless,and all the bathroom facilities were great,very comfotable bed ..After a rest went to the pool area albeit as we thought small and cramped pool chairs we very much on top of each other.however this was our first day and found a whole new experience the next day on the beach..We tried all of the restaurants on our 8 day trip to Mina A Salam all excellent but one that stood out from the rest was Pierchic.outstanding service and menu.We also enjoyed the restaurant on the beach but it was far too hot and humid to sit out at this time of year!
All in all dont hesitate to book this hotel as its in the top 5,Food amazing in all restaurants breakfast delish plenty to choose from location you wont get better..little touches like getting the water taxi to restaurants and the souk..GO TRY AND ENJOY! wish i was there..(",)'

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank suzieyoung1
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your recent stay.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and was pleased with the service and facilities at the property. All your kind comments are greatly appreciated.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to Mina A'Salam.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

Stylish yet casual enough for a relaxing stay. Experienced only very friendly and helpful staff in the entire resort. Standard room is large enough, but not too spacious. Ask for sea-view, if possible with Burj al Arab in sight. All is very clean and housekeeping is very attentive. They have a great, private beach! Didn't use pool area. Using the Abra-boats to move through the extensive resort is really cool. The large choice of restaurants make sure one doesn't get bored with the same food. Dining out also comes at a price, in particular when drinking a glass or two of wine. Spa is like a different world, whereas the fitness area has simply everything - even a lap-pool. Needs taxi to go to other areas of Dubai or to Metro station.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view, seeing Burj al Arab or Marina
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Moonman_13
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very positive review of your recent holiday with us at Mina A'Salam recently. .

I was delighted to read that both of you enjoyed your stay with us and was pleased with the service and facilities at our Resort. All your kind comments with regards to Abra experience, the room, the large choice of restaurants and in particularly with regards to our team are highly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you and your partner back to Dubai and Mina A'Salam, hopefully in the very near future.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

Stylish Moroccan design and interior. Amazingly friendly and helpful staff. Views of aquamarine water and pristine beaches. Rooms designed so that you have peace and quiet. If you looking for action then plenty happing at the Wharf. 100's of restaurants to choose from and one of the best Souks for shopping. Wild Wadi water park on the doorstep but far enough away that it does not intrude. Loads of available beach loungers. February is great time for the weather, sunny and warm but not extreme heat. Spa is fabulous although quite pricey. My two teenage daughters and l had a very good time here and would highly recommend it and go back.

Room Tip: Ocean view, request not near the restaurants
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TLEAVES27
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your complimentary review on TripAdvisor, following your recent stay with us at Mina A'Salam. I am delighted to learn that you and your family had a fabulous stay, this will certainly motivate our team to continue to deliver the best service to all our guests. It is always very rewarding to receive such compliments as the team endeavour to ensure that every guest leaves with great satisfaction.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Mina A'Salam in the future.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Ever since I have become the Quality Support Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel in Cyprus, I started traveling often staying at many 5* hotels in Europe and the gulf, I never felt like I am at home anywhere as I do at the Mina Al Salam, for the past 10 years I stayed there at least twice a year, the staff are this hotel’s best asset and they are the main reason I keep returning. They are genuinely friendly but without being intrusive, the service can’t be faulted, the food variety and quality is unbeatable.

From the minute we walk through the doors we are greeted by everyone who’s genuine welcome makes us feel like old friends, special mention to the Front office Manager, Ramsey, who is truly the spine of this hotel, always more than willing to assist even in matters that are not of his duties, last year I lost my credit card and panicked as the banks in Cyprus were all closed and I had to fly out the same day, he immediately put me at ease and helped me sort it out regardless of how busy he was as the hotel was full he stayed later than his shift to help me sort out this problem, this is only one small example of many ways in which his kind assistance was more than appreciated, clearly he knows how to select his staff and his choice is reflecting in the quality of their work, particularly Shamil, the best concierge in the gulf if not in all Europe, nothing was ever too much trouble for either one of them, fast, efficient service at all times, particularly during our last visit at Christmas 2012, Shamil was exceeding our expectations, he knew what we wanted and make recommendations without us even asking for it and without being pushy, his upselling skills are really to be admired and in all honesty, everything he does reflects his love and loyalty for his hotel. Even when we wanted to go out for dinner he tried & managed to have us dine at the hotel instead, when we had difficulties getting a table at fully booked restaurants, he always managed to get us one of their best tables.

Also a special mention to the reservation Manager Almeida and his colleague Ina Padasinavik, whom have been absolutely wonderful in sorting out some of my requested in an exceptional manner.

Both my husband & I really look forward to returning back to our second home on this April, Mina Al Salam is truly an Oasis in the dessert.

Room Tip: All rooms are well equipped, very romantic and spacious, but the Ocean view ones will give you a bre...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vernescu
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Madinat Jumeirah over the years, it is always wonderful to read of guests who continue to choose to stay at Mina A'Salam over the many holiday options available. I am particularly delighted to read that your recent holiday with us was again a very enjoyable and relaxing stay.

I truly appreciate your gracious feedback of our team members, I am certain Ramsey, Allwyn, Ina and Shamil will be delighted to receive your feedback. It is always with pride that I personally recognize their efforts to exceed our guest expectations and provide the best service on all occasions.

Once again, thank you for recommending our Hotel and I certainly look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to your second home in Dubai.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Stayed here in February 2013 and was impressed with the entire Madinat Jumeirah resort. Very good beach location and we attended a show at the Madinat Theatre which is part of the complex and within a 3 minute walk from the hotel.

One issue is that the waiters at breakfast and on the beach seem very indifferent with their service which contrasts with the good service provided by the other staff.

Room Tip: Ask for an oceanview room - it is worth the extra
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Qeight

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor, I very much appreciate your comments regarding the resort, our Madinat Theatre and also your contructive feedback concerning the service provided by our team in the all day dining and pool area. Please be assured that I have shared this with relevant department head to ensure that we take necessary action.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience, we look forward to welcoming you back to Mina A'Salam in the future.