“A Great Hotel”

Jumeirah Mina A'Salam
Ranked #44 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This is one great Hotel in Jumeirah, Dubai.
Great location, close to Burj Al Arab, Wild Wadi water park and Madinat Al Jumeirah center.

The staff are very friendly, helpful and very professional.

Breakfast was great.

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect, very comfortable beds, sitting area is very comfortable, toilet and bath room...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Guest

I sincerely appreciate your comments with regard to the strategic location of our hotel and the professionalism of our colleagues.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Mina A'Salam and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,894)

Reviewed 15 October 2013

This sumptuous hotel was excellent from start to finish. The deluxe ocean view king size room with balcony provided absolutely everything one could wish for on holiday. It was smart, clean, well laid out and co-ordinated. It felt comfortable on entry. There is a vast choice of restaurants, a souk, golf buggies and boats to take you to the various destinations should it be too far to walk. The beach access is beautifully kept, as are the garden areas. As we were only there for the weekend, there was actually no need to leave the complex. All this within half an hour's taxi ride from the airport. The staff were friendly, attentive and efficient.

Room Tip: The ocean view room we were allocated on the fourth floor was quiet and the balcony with table and c...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LancashireMaxwell

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback through TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to learn that your expectations were exceeded and that you and your partner thoroughly enjoyed the service and facilities provided during your weekend stay with us.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Mina A'Salam, hopefully in the very near future.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I spent five days at Mina A Salam in August and was more than impressed with it's understated style, beautiful Arabic architecture and superb hospitality. I've stayed in other excellent hotels in Dubai on previous trips but decided to stay on Jumeirah Beach this trip and was drawn to a more traditional Arabic hotel - and I certainly wasn't disappointed. My room, which overlooked The Burj, was large and beautifully decorated, as was the bathroom which included excellent products. As the Mina A Salam is part of the Madinat, with a modern version of a traditional souk, restaurants, a theatre, shops and cafes, there is not a lack of things to see and do. One can take a small boat called an abra to any of these destinations free of charge if you are a hotel guest. Such an easy and beautiful way to get around. There is a wonderful private sandy beach stretching for some distance in front of the hotel where I would take a late afternoon swim each day in the balmy Arabian sea. There is also a swimming pool, an excellent gym and a superb breakfast spread. I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody who enjoys high standards and prefers to enjoy more of a local flavour as opposed to the generic 5 star accommodation offered in big cities.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Mina A'Salam.

I am delighted to read that your enjoyed your stay with us and would like to personally thank you for choosing our hotel among the many options available in Dubai. Thank you for acknowledging our commitment to service and product excellence, I know our team are equally delighted to read of your complimenting feedback.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Mina A'Salam, hopefully in the very near future.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

you can visit dubai and just stay in madinat jumeirah and still get a great experience .major advantage is the location which near the city centre and still close to palm jumeirah . staff is so friendly and professional , the view is just gorgeous and you have the best beach in dubai with the view of burj alarab and dozens of restaurants , bars ,cafes and shops .
if i can afford it ,i will come back again and again as this is for me the best destination in dubai .

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your review in particular with regards to your feedback of Mina A'Salam as the best destination in Dubai.

I will definitely share your review with the rest of the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I returned from a 4 day stay at the Mina A Salam in Dubai. It is the most beautiful place I've ever been to. It has everything at the resort you could ever dream of to make your holiday magical.
From the airport pick up by a lovely hotel driver to being met at the door upon arrival everything was just perfect. I love the work they are doing with injured Turtles. They have
a turtle sanctuary in the lagoon around the hotel, they really take care of the turtles and it's lovely to watch feeding time. There is something for everyone at this resort.
I totally agree with all of the positive comments on Tripadvisor regarding the M A S

I plan to return as soon as I can.

JUST LOVE Mina A SALAM

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kennedyscasa

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Mina A'Salam. I am delighted to learn that you and your family enjoyed your holiday with us and delighted to note that you plan to return as soon as possible.

In particular, I am happy to learn of your feedback relating to our turtle rehabilitation and I sincerely appreciate your acknowledgements in this regard.

We certainly look forward to an opportunity to welcome you and your family back to Mina A'Salam, hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a drink at Bahri Bar on a friend's recommendation and we promised ourselves next time we're back in Dubai we will definitely stay at Mina A Salam. And so we did. We booked a club room for 3 nights because we intended to just dine in the resort the whole time we're there. The package includes buffet breakfast ,afternoon tea / coffee and a cocktail happy hour from 6-8pm with hot and cold finger foods. It also includes an private airport return car service (with driver ). We had a room on the second floor with a private balcony with table and two chairs with uninterrupted view of the iconic Burj Al Arab hotel .Our room is spacious , modern Arabic design with large bathroom and a dressing area which I love. It is well equipped with modern amenities and fully stocked with good quality toiletries . High speed wifi is available free of charge and works all throughout the huge resort. As soon as we arrived in the airport , we were met by their polite and courteous lady representative and accompanied us to our waiting luxury car. Our driver offered us cold towel and water and even asked us what music we'd like to listen . Jazz of course with just the right
volume . Drive was smooth. We arrived in the Botique hotel after 25 minutes . We were accompanied to the exclusive club room check in desk on the 2nd floor with panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf . We really enjoyed our stay in the hotel. The dining option's fantastic. Breakfast is excellent . Forget your diet when you go for the afternoon tea. I love the mini scones with proper clotted cream on the side. The waiters / waitresses especially the Filipinos were very efficient and polite , service is excellent. They're there to make us feel special as all the other guests. They even remember our names. As guests we have a free pass to the wild wadi park. There is a golf cart with driver available all the time to take you there it's less than 5 minute ride. The park is fun. We felt like young people again that day. Thoroughly enjoyed our day there.fantastic Shopping is only a mere 2 minutes walk . Love the free abra boat ride which we 've used to take us to the shops , restaurants and to their sister hotel Al Qasr . In the evening at sunset we look forward to the complimentary alcoholic drinks , I particularly enjoyed the cheese and biscuits as well as the mini hot and cold finger food.
Our flight in the last day was very early in the morning so the night before we informed them personally that we are checking out very early in the morning . The lady arranged a continental breakfast to be delivered in our room . It arrived on the dot. When we checked out someone behind the reception was sitting and busy on her mobile phone and one of the male staff got her attention to attend to us. When checked our bill and noticed that an extra charge for full breakfast was included in the final bill. We said that we had a continental breakfast and that we shouldn't be charged for it because it is included in our package. She was adamant that we had a full breakfast because that was what she received from the kitchen staff. We disagreed. She called the staff concerned and said it was full breakfast. We told her that she can go to the room and have a look because all we had was a pot of coffee , sliced toasted bread and assorted pastries, that's all. So she made the correction and deleted the full English breakfast in our final bill. Rightly so because we have already paid for it. We booked through Expedia.com so it was pre-paid awhile before we checked in the hotel. OMG! She was not a happy girl. She swiped our credit card in the machine with obvious sign of irritation . My husband and I looked at each other in complete shocked , actually we were appalled. I said to her, that it is unacceptable that on our way out this is happening , because this is the last thing we have expected to happen, arguing about a Coffee and a slice of toasted bread. Over all, I would have given a score of 100% but this incident has tainted what would have been perfect weekend.In the end she couldn't say " I hope you enjoyed your stay and our hotel" she just handed our final bill without a word. What an appalling behavior from a staff working in a 5 star hotel. But to be fair we thank all the rest of the staff in the hotel who have done all they can to make us feel welcome throughout our stay and have looked after us all the time arranging to book our lunch at Pierchic and our tickets at the Madinat theatre.

• Stayed: September 2013
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for posting your review on your recent stay at Mina A Salam. I was very happy to read that for the most part, you enjoyed your experience with us. I am also very glad that you have chosen to spend these wonderful three days of relaxation and dining experience with us.

The details of your review have been shared with my colleagues and they were as excited as I was to see how they have made your stay a memorable one. Our goal is to consistently deliver high levels of guest satisfaction on all aspects of our service. We are constantly seeking out all possible ways to continually improve on how to deliver optimum satisfaction. Your various feedback on the efficiency of our transport service, quality and variety of food and beverage, and the overall service you received are a true testament to this commitment.

I deeply regret that you had an unfortunate experience at check out. I agree that this is not the best way to end a memorable holiday and I would like to reassure you that this is not a representative of the world class hospitality we strive to deliver. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you and your husband had to go through as a result.

Thank you again for your kind feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Mina A Salam on your next trip to Dubai.

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

MAS certainly lives up to its name! We spent our 1st night at Al Qasar, which was much more luxurious, but also more bustling and filled with children. MAS is not quite as elegant as her sister, but has been a wonderful, relaxing home for the past 8 days!

Highlights - gorgeous oceanfront view with a balcony, small table and chairs - excellent spot for watching the sun set! Lovely beach filled with cushioned chaise lounges under umbrellas. The beach staff bring around cold washcloths and ice lollies! Fabulous views of the Burj, especially when lit up at night! The Arabian Gulf was warm and smooth the first few days - floating on your back was heavenly. Rest of the time it was a bit rough, but that led to a collection of exotic sea shells! Comfy bed - although not as large as Al Qasar. Lovely turn down service each night - cute towel animals and yummy chocolates! A bowl of fresh fruit and water arrived each day, and was greatly appreciated! Love the sea turtle rehab! Adore traveling by abras -they are beautiful, romantic, and very addictive! Large selection of restaurants and bars on the property, as well as their very own souk, means you never have to leave the resort, except to ride camels in the desert and ride to the top of Burj Khalifa.

Restaurants - breakfast each morning in Al Muna was very good.
Romantic dinner at Pier Chic - *****
Absolute perfection! Treated like VIPs - given the most romantic table. The food was amazing, and the service was impeccable! Amazing view! The photographer onsite is a lovely touch!
Romantic dinner at Segreto - ****
Wonderful food, lovely romantic atmosphere - seated outside by the water. Service was a bit slow.
Group dinner at Pai Thai - ****
Wonderful food, good service, and the Thai dancer was a lovely touch!
Romantic dinner at Bahri Bar - *** 1/2
Seated outside in a cozy table with fabulous views of the Burj lit up and changing colors. Wonderful drinks and tapas!
Romantic dinner at the Wharf - ***
Not much selection, but it was good food. Sat outside with nice view. Service was a bit slow.

Lowlights - one day the wait for an abra was very long. We were told all of the abras were too busy at a photo shoot to take us anywhere, and to take a buggy. When the buggy showed up I told him I wanted to go to the souk - he glared and said, "I'm not taking you - you walk!" And took off! Each morning I took a walk on the beach - collecting not just sea shells, but trash. Water bottles, soda bottles, plastic caps, packets of gum, etc I even saw a toothbrush, and a bucket. As well as several cups. I would gather them and take them to the lifeguards, who seemed to appreciate my efforts. I have never encountered this before, and was appalled that anyone could throw so much rubbish into such an amazingly beautiful sea!

Most of the staff were absolutely wonderful, but a few bad apples left a bad taste in my mouth. One night we asked the concierge for dinner advice. He suggested several places that we had already been to, then got annoyed with us and tossed us a booklet and said, "we've got thousands of restaurants - why don't you go sit down and try to make a decision first!" We thought Bahri Bar sounded perfect - nice view, cocktails and tapas - so we went back to the concierge. He had left, replaced by a female with quite an attitude. We asked her what sort of food they served, and she looked at us like we were idiots and said - "it's a bar, they serve bar food !" "Such as?" She looked annoyed and said, " you know - peanuts and fries". I said the booklet said they served tapas. She rolled her eyes and said, "well why don't you just go down there and check!" So we did. Oddly enough, the concierge, who's job is to know these things, was wrong. They have a lovely tapas menu - 5 types of sushi, 5 types of sliders, 5 types of Spring rolls, 5 types of skewers, 5 types of tacos, as well as brie, stuffed olives, etc. on special - 4 tapas for 80 dirham, and 1/2 price cocktails! We had a marvelous meal and sat outside watching the Burj change colors!

Towards the end of our stay I decided to send postcards home. I went to the concierge to mail them. She sent me to the gift shop to purchase stamps. The guy in the gift shop said it was his first day, and he had no stamps, but would call for some. Close to an hour later stamps finally appeared!

I mention these things because I believe the owners have a brilliant concept, and a uniquely magical setting, but could vastly improve their customer service by providing some serious training on how to treat their guests, to some of their employees. Back home we have a saying - "you catch more flies with honey, than with vinegar".

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarsonsMommy

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor following your recent holiday at Madinat Jumeirah resort.

I sincerely appreciate that you took the time to detailed your positive and contructive feedback, these will certainly assist us to uphold our commitment to service and product excellence within the resort. I have also shared your review with the team to ensure that we take action where necessary.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience, I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you and your family back to Madinat Jumeirah in the future.