“Business Trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Business Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I have just come back from Dubai on business and had the pleasure of staying in this hotel. The hotel is immaculate and the staff are very willing to help. I eat here most evenings and the choice of restaurants is overwhelming but superb it caters for everyone. The facilities are very good and they even have their own lake where you can take a trip around the resort. You also have free access to Wild Wadi, although I didn't go this time I have heard really good reports about it. If you are looking to stay in Dubai on business or holiday I would highly recommend this hotel it truly is 5 star

Room Tip: I stayed in a standard double room and it was amazing the views are fantastic
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Dear Guest

I am delighted that you managed to enjoy some of the facilities and services that we have to offer our guests within the resort. I hope the next time you visit Dubai, it will be solely for holiday purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and recommending our hotel, we all look forward to welcoming you back to Mina A'Salam in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

i can just say one word "Excellent".

That just about sums up this hotel with it's surrounding resort.
I've read all the recent reviews and agree with all the positive comments,
The only downside is the building work on one side of the hotel which you don't hear if you are on the beach or in the main hotel or resort.
We had a work-site room which we were told about at booking. Just be aware either use the earplugs provided or use the opportunity to get an early morning truck reversing beep to wake you up.
The room did however have one of the greatest views of the Burj al Arab hotel you could imagine and if you don't know about this hotel it is a stunning landmark on it's own island just off the beach next door.

The service from the staff is first class and all the restaurants in the resort were very busy which is always a good sign.
it.

we are already considering returning next year. The only problem now is where else will you go after such a wonderful stay.

And regarding Dubai itself, Ive been to new york and thought that is the most amazing skyline but the area around the burj kalifa looks like the set of a science fiction movie, it is quite amazing. The Dubai mall with the attractions inside has to be seen to be believed.

Room Tip: Choose the ocean side rooms, as for a while the building work will be a disturbance.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at Mina A'Salam on your recent visit to Dubai. I am glad to learn that the work that is currently on going adjacent to our hotel did not deter you from your enjoying your stay with us.

I appreciate all your comments and in particularly happy that you are considering to return next year. Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to welcome you back to Mina A'Salam in the future.

LONDON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Excellent location, excellent staff, beautiful setting, truly concerned and friendly staff from front desk to housekeeping. Difficult to fault the hotel, from booking to check in to the quality of restaurants, service, room facilities, all excellent. I was there on business for a short time so little frustrated could not enjoy all facilities. Resort ( Madinat Jumeirah ) also has on site the Al Qasr hotel, which is where the rich boys hang out with their long legged girlfriends in short dresses. Between the two you can take the Arab ( small boat) or walk. Plenty of waterside restaurants as well as the 'souk' . Not sure difference in price ( some say 50+%) between the two hotels but you can do far worse in Dubai than Mina a'Salam.

Only down side is building works going on next door - so get a room away from that side unless you want an early morning wake up call.

Room Tip: keep away from the building works on going to the side.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GVLtravel
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Guest

It was unfortunate that you were not able to thoroughly enjoyed all the facilities and services available within the resort due to your travel purpose and length of stay. I sincerely hope you will have another opportunity to stay with us again and be able to relax and enjoy what Madinat Jumeirah has to offer.

Thank you for your feedback and recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

My family and I are at the moment on holiday at Mina a salam. We have been in Dubai before but this experience is by far the most fantastic experience ever. The service is very good and customer focused. We have so far experienced three different things which was handled with smiles, politeness and excellence. Every Night we go to the excecutive Premier club for drinks. Here we meet Chy who makes us feel so welcome. She know are names, rembembers our preferences and make us feel at home. She is polite and smiles and gives us very good hints about next days exhibitions. Chy would be one of the reasons for coming back next year.
Also I would like to Thank Rosearin at the Talise Spa for giving me the best body massage ever. I have never tried anything so good. Thank you so much for maling me feel special Rosearin.
The last thing which shows what a wonderful and excellent place this hotel is, is the lifeguard Lee Ann. She was most helpful this morning with sunscreen for my kids which I had forgotten. No extra prices just the wish for making the day good for me and my family. Thank you Lee Ann.
Best regards Eva Holst Kruse, Denmark.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Morten K
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your comments especially your appreciations towards our colleagues. Chy, Rosearin and Lee Ann will be very happy to know that their efforts are highly appreaciated by you and your family.

Thank you for taking the time detailing your recent experience at Mina A'Salam, we all look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel, for another fantastic family holiday.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

My review is tainted due to the process ive had to go through to make a booking. If the Madinat Jumeirah made it clear what its rates and offerings were then i would definetly give it 4-5 stars. Also this is our second visit so we knew what we were coming back to.

On Trip advisor for months now the below offer has been advertised
"Complimentary Half Board
Choose from a superb selection of rooms and suites at Mina A’Salam, Al Qasr and Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah Resort. Dine in world-class restaurants, and enjoy unrivalled leisure facilities. Enjoy Complimentary breakfast and lunch or dinner.
"

To me this means that i can book any room and get Complimentary breakfast and lunch or dinner, but this was not the case, it was misleading and directing me to a Winter Flavours package which meant these things were not complimentary at all.

I battled over email and face to face to explain this to the staff and my requests got me nowhere. I did not think i should escalate my concern to senior mgmt, all staff should know and understand the offers. At one stage i was even told the offer was available if i stayed 5 days and then by another staff member via email i was told it was Winter flavours. Also i posted re this issue on the Tripadvisor forum and it seems i was not the only one having the same issues re the "offer".

In the end we booked a Development view room which was at a discount of 35% which worked out cheaper overall. Originally i wanted to stay at Al Qasr, once again advertising the same "offer" on Tripadvisor.

Noise factor was from 7am to 7pm which was not too bad, mainly trucks reversing as they were doing earth works, all drilling had been completed.

We also had a refurbished room and i must say i liked the older darker wood rooms, i think they had a better arabic old souk type feeling than the lighter color tones that have been introduced.

Eating at the resort is hit and miss and overall expensive. Buffet breafast is good value, huge selection.

Pool service at the Al Qasr pool could have been more timely, considering it was not peak, it was always hard to find anyone.

Housekeeping was perfect, always clean and well maintained.

In conclusion, i really think that whoever placed the advertisment with Tripadvisor should seriously look at the workding of their offer and if indeed it was Winter Flavours then call it this and refer to it as a package, not a complimentatry offer.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank angieMelbourne
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we will contact you directly at the earliest.

Sincerely
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

My wife and I went to Dubai for the 1st time around the end of November and stayed at the Mina A' Salam for a week. I am glad that I brought my wife with me as the 1st couple of days I had meetings to attend to so she ended up enjoying the magnificent hotel. Our room was very spacious and we had a patio/balcony as big as our room just above the pool and with a beach view. We checked in around 5AM and the hotel staff was up and about and were all smiles as we checked in. The beach access was great and you have the Burj Al Arab just beside the hotel. It was also great to take the boat service in the hotel when we needed to get to other Jumeirah properties...it was definitely faster in my opinion than taking the hotel buggy. There is also a souk just beside the hotel weber we exchanged currency, got some breakfast as we don't want to spend $50/person daily on breakfast that we will only eat some items. Overall, great experience and great location for the hotel. The free shuttle to the Emirates Mall comes in handy as well.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank YES_abroad
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Guest

I am delighted that both you and your wife enjoyed the fasilities and services that we provide for our guests within the resort. Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback on TripAdvisor which I will definitely share with the rest of the team.

Once again, thank you for staying at Mina A'Salam and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to our hotel in the future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

The past weekend we decided to try the made over restaurant which used to be The Wharf in Mina A' Salam Madinat Jumeirah. Currently the restaurant is called Tortuga and is a supposed Mexican restaurant.
We could still recognize the old restaurant in it the terrace didn't change a lot more coloured pillows and different chairs inside the walls had been painted white and they had made boots to sit instead of the all tables and chairs which they had before. The bar area was more or less the same.
The hostess that brought us to our table was very friendly and attentive. After we had been seated we were given drinks menu's and the food menu was placed as a sort of place mate on the table even provided with a pencil. The waitress took our drink order first, I ordered a classic frozen Margarita and my husband had a Sol beer.
After we ordered the drinks they brought us some dips 1 spicy the other less spicy with some tortilla chips.
In the meantime we had both decided what we wanted to have but my husband asked the waitress if they had Chilli con Carne as a dish she went to check and returned with a small bowl the same as where the dips were in with Chilli con Carne. My husband looked a little surprised so she had not understood what he really wanted. So we finally ordered our food to start we took Guacomole which would be served with tortilla chips, chicken quesadilla's and Molcajete which is a cheese prepared grandma style in a lavastone dish with a sauce. The main course we both took burritos but I had the shrimp burrito and my husband the chicken burrito.
The drinks arrived and the Margarita was very nice as it should be, the beer was served in a chilled bottle with lime.
The starters arrived the guacomole was put on the table already prepared we were a little surprised and had hoped they would prepare it fresh on the table so you can watch them and then you can ask for spicy if you like that which we do, no tortilla chips in sight but they were still bringing the rest of the order. The quesadilla's and the Molcajete which the waitress had to mix on our table. The guacomole tasted only lime not even avocado and we had to ask for the tortilla chips which they forgot to bring. The quesadilla's were ok not wow the best dish so far was the Molcajete very tasty and warm as it should be. We were already disappointed about our starters. In the meantime we had finished our drinks so we ordered another round I tried the chili Margarita not the most spicy but the habanera that was also very nice and my husband had another Sol beer. After we had finished the starters our burrito's came my burrito was good but I didn't like the coleslaw again too much lime or lemon in it so you can't taste what you eat. My husband his burrito wasn't warm enough so he also didn't like that. He already said this will be a 1 time experience.
We used to come very often to The Wharf before and had always nice food what a shame. The prices are way to expensive for Mexican food that is not even up to standard. We didn't try any desserts as the food wasn't that great my husband had a coffee. So far our Tortuga experience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Cheryan
MJGuestfeedback, Chef at Tortuga at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Tortuga team, we are really sorry to hear about your disappointment with your meal. We have noted your comments regarding the Tortilla chips, guacamole and burrito along with the other items that you highlighted and we would like to inform you that we have taken the necessary steps to amend the issues.

We hope that despite this experience you will visit us again soon. As a new restaurant within the Madinat Jumeirah Resort our constant aim is to provide the highest level of care and attention to all our guests and we highly appreciate you bringing this important matter to our attention.

Kind regards