Jumeirah Mina A'Salam
JA Ocean View Hotel(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$214
jaresorts.com
US$94
US$79
Novotel Suites
US$976
Jumeirah.com
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$461
US$394
Jumeirah.com
US$106
US$94
US$746
US$469
  • Pool
Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$406
US$252
Roda Al Murooj(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$231
US$212
  • Pool
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$376
US$267
US$2,383
US$1,502
Agoda.com
3,026 results
All reviewsthe burj al arabbahri barwild wadiabra boatsice lolliespremium leisuregolf buggiesnoodle housemadinat complexocean deluxe roomclub executivetalise spahalf boardafternoon teacold towelsbeach hotelprivate beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed at the hotel for a few nights and do not think this it is worth the rave reviews. When we arrived I thought the foyer was lovely lots of flowers and beautiful fountain but when I arrived at my room I thought it very standard (especially the bathroom and entrance) and quite dated especially when you are paying top dollar for the accommodation. The room was lovely and neat but everything seemed quite old and the TV was fuzzy in both my room and my friend's room too which they said they would attend to and never did.

The bed was comfortable and large but I just never felt really happy to stay in the room like I normally do at a 5-star hotel. The hotel complex itself is lovely but if I were to return I would definitely choose to stay in another part of the hotel namely Al Qasr which is simply stunning and very luxurious in comparison. Also a note for anyone travelling in the near future

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ShoegalAustralia
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Guest

I am sorry that certain areas of the hotel did not meet your expectations of a 5 star hotel. We have recently completed a soft refurbishment of the main pool and guest rooms on the higher floors, the second phase to complete the remaining rooms will begin this summer. Other than that, we will have few other upcoming and exciting projects in order to enhance our guest experience which I sincerely hope that you will have the opportunity to experience it someday.

Nevertheless, thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay with us, we hope to welcome you back to Madinat Jumeirah in the future.

Sincerely

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed 6 nights end of last year. Had a lovely one-bedroom suite, with Pool and Gulf view. Could't be better. Room well equipped, but a half days hike to get there from the Lobby. This complex is massive, but well organised, and a well oiled machine. Lots of kids running around, but it was during school holidays.

The "Club Lounge" wasn't that much, again tons of kids filling the few chairs that were there, very crowded in the evening, so was't too impressed with that. Not a sophisticated place to relax with a quiet cocktail should you desire, but could have better during school time.

Generally a lovely place to stay regarding service, restaurants, beach, and a real nice beach bar that I liked. Sipping a cold beer and looking out over the Ocean, from the bar, was a delightful way to pass some time..

I was planning to go back again next month, but they have, unfortunately hiked the price to a degree now which I think is "over-priced" for what it is.. Even the basic rooms, you'll need a mortgage. For me, I think they're trying to squeeze every ounce of blood out of the guests, so I ain't going back. If you've got money to burn, you'll love it. There's not much better than Mina A' Salam on the beach in Dubai.

Room Tip: They're building a new hotel/extension next to this property now, will take a couple of years to complete. Beware of daytime noise - check before you book.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Hotel_Critic_Mag
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your stay in December last year.

I am delighted to learn that your stay was enjoyable and I would like to thank you for your rewarding comments in regards to the product and services that you received during your holiday. I will certainly share this with the team whom I am positive will be delighted to learn of the same.

Once again, thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor, we certainly hope that you will be returning to Mina A'Salam in the future.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

we dined here for the friday brunch
it was our highlight of the holiday
the choice of food was unbelievable and as much drink as you could consume real value for money i really recommend this venue for the friday brunch

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sligoinian
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear Guest

I am delighted that you managed to experience our Frinday Brunch on your last visit to Dubai and thank you for your recommendation via TripAdvisor.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you will have the opportunity to stay at Mina A'Salam in the future.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I recently stayed here for one night as we were passing through. The hotel is in a wonderful location about half an hour from the airport. Located on it's own private and stunning beach just touching distance from the Burj al Arab which I couldn't stop looking at. All the staff were wonderful and attentive. The room was huge with plenty of character and extra small touch you could require - bottles of water, sweat bands, sewing kits, quality toiletries, eye masks, slippers, gowns and many other little touches.
All the food was wonderful, although a glass of wine is £15 for just the most basic glass but in a "dry" country I guess it's to be expected so if you like a drink you best take a lot of spending money!
There were so many facilities we would love to have used but didn't have the time for but we will definitely come back for longer. Each guest gets a one day pass to the local water park to so we will definitely make use of this next time.

Room Tip: Overlooking the beach
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us at Mina A'Salam, Madinat Jumeirah.

Although you stayed only for one night, I am glad to know that you thoroughly enjoyed the facilities and services that we have to offer our guest in the resort.

Thank you for taking the time to port a review on TripAdvisor and we all hope that you will have the opportunity to experience the resort for a longer period of time in the future.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Sitting on the shores of the Arabian Gulf, Mina A' Salam is a beautiful Hotel, designed in traditional Arabian style. Its part of the Larger Madinat Jumeirah Resort which has other Hotels, Al Quasar, Dar Al Masyaf, Malakiya Villas and "The Souk" an Arabian Market which is home to several restaurants, Bars and Coffee shops. Also The Burj Al Arab is touching distance.

You can travel between the various destinations on either an Abra a small boat or golf buggies that are always buzzing around.

We arrived to a lovely welcome from Alvin who was friendly and full of local advice. The check in was swift and professional, you can't help but be impressed with the lobby area and the hotel in general is well designed and the rooms are of a very high standard and the Service from the reception staff, concierge and housekeeping is first class.

This Hotel or i should say Resort, gets confusing and quite frankly lets itself down in several of the restaurants, For a start if you go half board they issue you with several vouchers, to hand in to which ever restaurant you can get a table at, but its down to you to sort this out, which when your time is limited you don't really want to be ringing around the 19 plus venues trying your luck at getting a table.

And at the most popular restaurants have a premium to pay per person even if you are half board, which i thought was a little cheeky to say the least.

The most notable let down was the Al Muna, this is the main restaurant "Buffet Style". And at breakfast you are ushered to your table then it is a few minutes before you are asked if you require Coffee or Tea, once the order is taken you then go and help yourself to an impressive selection of food, On your return you'll be waiting for at least 15mins for drinks and on one occasion even after politely requesting our drinks twice we waited 30 minutes. The problem seems to be not enough motivation or care in the overworked staff or maybe they need an additional coffee machine. but you can forget about being asked if you want a second cup. You can tell i need my coffee in the morning can't you?

Also i witnesses two staff members one of the security team just dropping rubbish. the place is spotless, but this just showed disrespect for their positions and the Hotel itself.

Mina A'Salam translates to "Harbour Of Peace" but not on a Friday, They hold a Brunch for the local ex patriot community and bearing in mind you can only Drink Alcohol in the Hotels it gets very roudy and noisy and the total opposite of peaceful.

Dubai in general has lots to offer if you like shopping, sunbathing or drinking in Hotels, and there is nothing wrong with that, I believe its a place that you need to visit at least once to see sights such as the tallest building in the world, The Biggest shopping mall in the World, The biggest Swimming pool in the world, The Aquarium with Largest Single Sheet viewing panel in the world, The worlds first 7 star Hotel, you get the picture?.

Dubai is big and brash and comes across (in my opinion) as a spoiled Rich Kid who likes to brag about itself a little to much. Just like the Expat people who live and work here.

The Mina A' Salam is a good Hotel with the majority of staff being very professional and helpful, with the exception of the lethargic service at Al Muna and i just felt that having to book your own evening meal with a voucher was more youth hostel than 5 Star.

Room Tip: Ocean View room not on the east side as its a building site.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Simon9297
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations on several occasions during your recent stay. Your feedback is very important for us as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, consequently providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

On a more positive note, I have passed on your comments with regards to our colleague Alvin who were thrilled to received your kind recognition.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay with us, we hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to Mina A'Salam in the future.

Sincerely