“Best accommodation ever”

Ranked #18 of 541 Hotels in Dubai
Melbourne, Australia
“Best accommodation ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We were delighted with the hospitality, accommodation and vast variety of delicious food. Service. Water transportation within the complex was great fun and totally reliable. We found the location totally relaxing and will return again next year.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank carolread45
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest

I am happy to know that you and your partner had a very relaxing stay with us and I thank you for detailing all the wonderful elements that you had experienced at Mina A'Salam.

I am also delighted to know that you will be returning, we all look forward to welcoming both of you back to our hotel soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We paid for a king ocean room for our 8 night stay and on check in had to wait 2 and a half hours after listed check in time to be shown to our room.To our disappointment our room was a twin room which looked into the back of an Aircon tower! Management told us that we had no other options. They thought it sufficient to push the beds together and overlap all the bed linen. NOT ACCEPTABLE !!This was never followed up by them. We are 3 time repeat customers of madinat Jumeirah and will never stay at mina a Salam again nor recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank MareeBoers
MJGuestfeedback, Director of Rooms at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Guest

I sincerely appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at Mina A'Salam. Our guest feedback is very important for us to be able to maintain our standards and take action where necessary.

For this matter, I would appreciate it if you could please contact me directly via the email address that I will send to you via private message, so that I can obtain further details of your experience and investigate the matter thoroughly. In the meantime, my sincere apologies for the shortlfalls and the inconveniences that these has caused you.

Kind regards
Shashank Vatsa
Director of Rooms
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

My Husband and I booked the Mina a Salam for our Silver Wedding Anniversary. Having never been to Dubai before we really didn't know what to expect but we were certainly not disappointed, in fact quite the opposite. The Hotel was fantastic in every aspect and all the staff throughout were magnificent. We upgraded to the Club Executive Lounge with its benefits of afternoon tea, evening drinks and canapés and also tea coffee and soft drinks all day. This was money well spent as the afternoon tea was lovely and we also had the added bonus of the amazing executive lounge staff who all went out of their way to make our holiday the best imaginable. Laura the Manager, Kevin, Karin, Abbas, Joana, Elton, Juniel, Regina, Sangita and Niso all deserve a mention but in particular, Kevin who's efforts were exemplary!!!!!!!! Lastly a mention for David the driver who took us back to the airport. He really impressed us with his winning smile and great personality. Altogether a fantastic holiday and definately going back next year. Lynn and Mark

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lynn S
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for mentioning so many positive elements that you have experienced during your recent stay at Mina A'Salam.

In particular, I am very pleased to learn that our colleagues expecially Laura and her Club Lounge team have contributed positively. Each one of our colleagues endeavours to follow the Jumeirah Hallmarks and give our guests a Reason to Return. I will certainly share this with the them whom I am sure will be delighted to receive your feedback.

Once again, belated Happy Wedding anniversary and thank you for sharing your comments via TripAdvisor. We all look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Love: beautiful and unique design, balcony, big and comfortable rooms, boats to travel thru the whole resort complex, private beach, friendly staff, great location as it is the midpoint between Bur Dubai to New Dubai, quick rides to the Dubai mall or the Emirate Mall. The only thing worth mentioning is a friendly reminder that this is a resort, so it is not on a main street to quickly walk out and take a stroll or window shopping. For that, I'd recommend to stay around New Dubai area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Licheeee
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Mina A'Salam, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for all the wonderful elements that you have detailed in your review and for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that know that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us, we hope to have the chance to welcoming you back to Mina A'Salam, hopefully in the near future.

Duncan, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

The food and service are great. We had the crab risotto and a great bottle of Sauvignon blanc. Of course the view of Burj Al Arab was incredible. This restaurant is definitely worth the trip. Ask for a seat on the beach. Also, you can walk over or take a boat on the canal. The best way is through the Souk Madinat. There are some great shops with local fare.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dbaldwin682
Dear Guest

I am delighted that your experience at Mina A'Salam last year, remain a fond and memorable memories for you. Thank you for recommending our restaurant and The Souk, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Mina A'Salam in the future.

Broxbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is my second stay at this hotel and I must say the service just keeps on getting better & better. My previous stays have all been at Jumeriah beach hotel, or as it is now know as Jumeriah Butlins hotel, due to the appalling drop in standards, and the lack of service due to the apparent need to caterer to the Russians.
Mina A' Salam has proved it's self as being one of the most outstanding hotels in the group, the staff are far more attentive, friendly and obliging than I have come across at other 5 star hotels.The entire floor & room had recently been refurbished, which made it feel far more spacious, light & airy compared to last year, and of course it was very comfortable, with all the amenities you could ask for. We paid a little extra this year for the club executive benefits which includes afternoon tea, and early evening drinks & Canapés, coupled with the half board option, which provided us with a hold array of dinning facilities we spent very little on F&B compared to previous years. There are a few things that could still be improved, and would enhance a guests experience. Firstly I was rather disappointed to find I have to pay for water around the pool & on the Beach, specially as this is proved FOC at the executive pool & beach at JBH. Secondly I was rather upset at the fact that I wanted to visit the Zabeel on the palm, and was told there would be a charge for beach use. This I considered to be pretty mean, considering I have been visiting the Jumeriah group hotels for over 15 years, and have introduced many guests to them over this period. This aside however would not stop me from returning, and perhaps management would like to address this for me in the future. The Breakfast is like a banquet & Jesus the egg chef certainty knows how to cook a mean omelet. All in all a really wonderful stay, excellent staff, fine food, great valve for money. Finally a big thanks to Earl & the life guard staff at the JBH executive pool for allowing myself & friends to swim around the BurJ, and tick this off our bucket lists.

Room Tip: Take the executive option, which include private transfers, afternoon tea, evening drinks & cana...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Richard M
Dear Guest

I am delighted to learn that you chose to return to Mina A'Salam for the second time based on your first experience with us and found the service and products that we offer to our guest satisfactory.

I am sincerely appreciative of your contructive feedback which we have taken on board and your wonderful comments especially with regards to the newly refurbished guest rooms which are designed to make them feel a lot lighter and more spacious, with an improved technology and comfort.

I have also shared your comments with our chef, Jesus and he is thrilled to received your comments.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review following your recent stay with us, we all look forward to welcoming you back to Mina A'Salam, hopefully soon.

Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Juts wanted to say Thanks to Mr. Adel from Egypt. He always served us an excellent arabian coffee with dates. Thanks for the boat drivers too :) Hotel is nice, with the great view on Burj al Arab. Have a good day. Thx. Bye :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank YanaYanka
Dear Guest

I am delighted that you enjoyed our Arabic coffee and thank you for your complementary feedback regarding our Lobby Ambassador, Adel and our Abra captains. I am sure they will be very happy when I share your feedback with them.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor, we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Harbour of Peace, Mina A'Salam.