“Great Resort” 5 of 5 bubbles

JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel
Ranked #62 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
“Great Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

Everything was great ... Even this hotel is old but we like everything about it ... First of all I book a standard room then they upgrade us to an executive suite for free ( thank you ) ... This hotel is the perfect place to take vacation and relax outside the city rush ... Professional hotel staff ... Very nice gardens and landscaping near the beach and around the hotel ... Open buffet restaurant (Ibn Majd) was great and has different set everyday of the week ... Good value for your money ... I'm looking forward to stay at this hotel again

• Stayed June 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2011
Dear atahtawi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa.

I was pleased to read that you had a great vacation, and that you enjoyed your upgraded room type.

I would like to thank you for your very kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities and the grounds, as well as the associates who looked after you during your stay, I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the future.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

we have been visiting this hotel every year since 2004 and returned this year on an all inclusive basis, best decision ever made and would recommend this, excellent choice of restaurants and bars ,i did prefer to sit down to my meals in the restaurants rather than use the buffets -white orchid amazing -italian lovely -shooters also brill , staff all very attentive and helpful , i used the spa as it had daily specials on, otherwise it would have been pricey but i must say this was well worth trying.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank katy351
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2011
Dear katy351,

As a valued regular guest, I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa.

I enjoyed reading how much again this year you have enjoyed your vacation, and I was particularly pleased that you found the All Inclusive package to be a good decision to try.

I would like to thank you for your very kind feedback in relation to the resort, its facilities, in particular the spa, and the associates who looked after you during your stay.

Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

Having returned from a week at the Jebel Ali with my sister in the May half term, and having read her review on the hotel, I have to reiterate everything that she has said about this fantasic resort.

From start to end our expectations were exceeded in every part of our holiday. The hotel and surroundings were beautiful and the room, although quite small, was very smartly decorated and extremely comfortable. Every eating establishment was of the highest quality and the staff that we encountered were absolutely amazing. I have travelled to many places and hotels, and my experience at the Jebel Ali was certainly the highlight of my holiday career!

A special mention to Doni, a bar waiter at the White Orchid bar, who made the most amazing Margaritas (not easy to make correctly and to my taste) and Long Island Ice Teas! What a happy, smiley guy, who could not do enough for you. Also, Krishan, a waiter in the La Traviata restaurant, who was so adorably polite. The maitre d' was also very delightful. The therapists and staff in the Spa were also exceptional and the treatments were a pure unadulterated luxury! I would be grateful if my feedback could be passed on personally to these members of your staff.

We were very upset to leave after our week's vacation and were already planning our return trip before we had even left! Just one comment I would make, please don't try to make this hotel too upmarket and pretentious, like some of the 5* ones at Jumeirah Beach, and continue to make the Jebel Ali an affordable luxury holiday destination!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank AngelaH62
Dear AngelaH62,

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent vacation with your sister, and it was most enjoyable to read your very detailed review.

I would like to thank you for your very kind words in relation to the resort, the selection of food and beverage that you enjoyed, as well as the service from the associates who looked after you during your stay, I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my sister in the May half term. Reading previous reviews we did have high expectations, and I am delighted to say they were surpassed! We arrived around 10.30am, and after a short delay (20 minutes or so) were taken to our room. We had the standard garden view room, and it was more than adequate, in fact slightly larger than the pictures we had seen indicated. There was a welcome fruit platter, bottle of wine and chocolates - just what 2 sisters on a girlie break needed! We decided to skip breakfast as lunch was imminent, and got in a couple of hours sunbathing. There were ample sunbeds on the lawned area in front of the beach, with lovely comfy mattresses (after a week 2* in Goa in April this was a treat). We ate lunch in La Fontana, there was a good choice of food, and a welcome break from the heat. As neither of us particularly like buffet restaurants we ate at the a la carte restaurants for the remainder of the week. For lunch we ate every other day at the beach restaurant, second day, lobster salad, fab chips (hey I was on holiday), and rose wine, overlooking the sea - absolute heaven, we had to keep pinching ourselves, and again fantastic service. The first evening's meal was at Captains, I ordered fillet steak, it was superb, as were the meze we were served as starter. There was also a very good live singer here each evening. The food had been so good, the next night whilst enjoying our pre-dinner cocktails we were regretting booking La Traviata for dinner. However the food here was exquisite (one small complaint, could have done with some background music), and the Chianti was pretty good too. The maitre d' was utterly charming and a special mention must go to Krishan, who really was our favourite waiter as he was so friendly and helpful. We also liked the 'campari bar' and the quirky pictures on the wall. We ate a La Traviata 3 times - it was that good, chocolate fondant amazing. The chef was also very accommodating (and of course amazing) making us a starter portion of the pasta so we could eat that and then a main course! We also ate at the White Orchid, enjoying the Teppanyaki, which was very entertaining, and again superb quality, and in my book a must do, although you do have to pay a small (very reasonable) charge. Unfortunately my sister's new silk dress did get splashed during the flamboyant cooking (we later spoke to reception, her dress was collected from our room that night cleaned and returned the next day - 5* service). We ate from the a la carte here on our last night, it was all fabulous and the decor very sophisticated. We also took the dinner boat trip on one night, this was part of the all inclusive package also, and quite civilsed - perhaps our most disappointing meal, but simply because the main course was not very warm, I am sure had we complained it would have been rectified. Another special mention must go to Doni, the cocktail maker in the White Orchid (open until 2am, and the best cocktails!), who despite being new, made the best margaritas and always had a great big smile. The guy on the beach was always available to put up/move sun umbrellas as required. Great frozen peach caiprinhas at the palm pool bar (wish I had the guys name, but I'm sure the hotel will know who you are). We also treated ourselves to some treatments in the spa, lovely. Afterwards you were tucked up on a sunbed overlooking the sea and served tea with a fresh fruit kebab, just when we thought it couldn't get any better a lovely lavender neck pillow arrived! Think we went here 4 times, and thoroughly enjoyed each occasion, the receptionist was very tolerant of us changing appointment times etc,. A last mention, I complained to my sister one evening about missing my memory foam pillow - one call & 3 minutes later a little knock at the door & 2 arrived!

It would be very difficult to criticise anything, perhaps service was sometimes slow at the pool bar - they could really do with 2 people serving drinks in that busy middle of the day period. There is plenty to choose from if you are all inclusive, I found it odd that you could drink Bacardi but not Malibu - over heard this , didn't affect us at all as plenty of cocktails to choose from!

I holiday often, and I can say hand on heart the food and service (don't know who delivers the training but you are doing a fantastic job) is the best I have ever experienced. So congratulations, and we are already planning our next trip!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
11 Thank lcaden
Dear lcaden,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa on the All Inclusive package.

It was a pleasure to read your very detailed review following your recent vacation at the resort, which I am delighted to read that had a very enjoyable time.

I would like to thank you for your very kind words in relation to the resort, the selection of food and beverage that you enjoyed, as well as the service from the associates who looked after you during your stay.

I have noted your suggestions regarding the slow service at the Pool Bar, which I would like to apologise for any delays experienced, and certainly your suggestions are welcome in relation to the number of associate working during the busy periods.

Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

We stayed for 10 nights All Inclusive on 1st June 2011.
At last, a truly (well almost!) All Inclusive Resort. Even the tips (service charges) in the bars and restaurants are included! There are a few items not in the All Inclusive deal such as, lobster (but your only pay 50% of the cost), mini bar in your room plus fresh fruit juice in the bars.
Great choice of bars and restaurants.
Excellent selection of food and drink from buffet to A'la carte, very well cooked and presented.
ALL staff, from groundstaff to managers polite and very helpful.
Beach and all pools plus associated areas cleaned everyday and in excellent condition.
Free courtesy buses (they leave exactly on time, so don't be late) to shopping malls and Shooters Club.
We did'nt have time for the golf or Spa so we don't know anything about these.

The only thing we was not impressed with, was the dress code for the evening dinner in the two buffet restaurants. Surely baseball caps, sport shorts and flipflops are not suitable for a 5 star evening dinner!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank colwedge
Dear colwedge,

I would like to thank you for your very kind feedback in relation to the resort, the selection of food and beverage and the associates who looked after you during your stay.

I also appreciate your feedback in relation to the dress code, which allows us to continually improve our standards, and I can assure you that this will certainly be reviewed for the future.

UAE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

I had a great experience with my family at the resort.
Its far away from the city, and I loved that you forget that you are in such a crowded city when you are in the hotel.

Th food was incredible
The private beach was big
There were so many activities for the children
The Spa seemed really good but I didn't try it.

Overall, its a great hotel that I would love to visit again!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Dear fatmama_traveller,

I was pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your vacation at the resort, and I would like to thank you for your very positive feedback in relation to the food, the beach and the activities available for your children.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

i loved everthing about this hotel and so did my family,the staff could not do enough for you,and the kids also loved it,the all inc package was great all the best of stuff,no need to que for meals you can just pick of the menu so you get whay you want.the balcinies are a bit small but ther is so much else to do you dont want to be in the room,which are cleaned every day the tided up again when you leave for the evening.plenty of pools and restaurants to choose from,will definatly re.turn.brilliant

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank feefeeburns
Dear feefeeburns,

I would like to thank you for your very positive feedback in relation to the resort and its facilities, and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the selection of dishes available to you in the restaurants.