“Awesome Stay”

JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel
Ranked #77 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Stayed for 3 nights on the all inclusive basis with my husband. The food, staff, beverages, ambience, just about everything there, was 5 star fantastic.
We live in Dubai and would highly recommend the hotel for both short and long stays.
Sure, its far from Dubai centre but if you are looking for a relaxing time then this is the place for you.

Room Tip: No real useable balcony / terrace unless you are on the ground floor or staying in the Palm Tree Cou...
3  Thank valDubai
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2011

Dear valDubai,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa on the All Inclusive package.

I would like to thank you for your very kind words following your recent stay, and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the resort, its facilities and the associates who looked after you during your stay.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we do hope that we would have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2011

My first time in Dubai, but we met up with three other couples who are regular visitors there. No idea in retrospect as to exactly what I was expecting, but must admit that the room we were given on arrival (third floor & typical room for the hotel) was of a really good size, well equipped & with a great sized bed. BUT.... the balcony was minimal & pushes the boundaries of the description of the term "balcony": you certainly could not have good a couple of chairs on it to sit out - and I think that is the least you must expect. So, we complained to the duty manager who said that they were unable to resolve our complaint today, but would move us to a better grade room the following day. Result! The new room (room 103) was bigger albeit equipped identically (I think) other than the bed was half as big again to the already large bed in the last room & the "balcony" has two sunloungers plus sunchairs & stools: brilliant!! Ten out of ten for the management!
LOCATION? Well, sorry, but this is really the only downside to the Jebel Ali as it is a 45 minute (£20) taxi ride from Dubai centre. You can't have everything! My opinion is that this is a compromise well worth making as the resort itself is brilliant for the money. We went into town a few times over our ten day break & I didn't mind particularly that it took a while to get there as I enjoyed the view!
We were particularly pleased with the FOOD throughout our stay: it is of a very high standard & well above the usual dismal buffet offerings from many All-inc hotels. Of particular mention is the Italian restaurant whose fillet steak is exemplary & as good as you'll every find: last night - our final night there - ten of us dining together, all opting for the fillet & we were all suitable impressed! On Wednesday night we had the Tappanyaki & this was also amazing at how good it was! Pretty much 9.7 out of ten for an overall food score! We also dined out at in town at the newly opened Ivy in Emirate Towers & found it very poor (& when would you ever expect to hear that about a Caprice Group Eaterie?): we would have been far better keeping our £175 for two as it was sadly the worst meal of our holiday & made the Jebel Ali seem seven star by comparison!
SERVICE? Well, as mentioned above, the staff seemed happy & in a good place. Of particular note were the beach attendants who pampered us so well every day. I'm no good with Goan names, but my favourite waiters were Poolang & Gazadek (they work the right side (looking at the beach bar-restaurants from the sea). I apologise now for getting their names wrong: knew I should have written them down! To be fair, pretty much all the staff were excellent!
The WEATHER!! Well, we were plain stupid to go at this time of year as 45C was the normal average temp during the day with it still being close to 40C during the night. Couple this high temp to the 75% humidity & it was sometimes too much unless the breeze was blowing well . I'm sure that's why the all-inc offer was so good for this fab hotel.
The SPA was used by my better half a few times & she confirmed that it was excellent in terms of quality & sensible prices. Being a bloke, I can only pass on that if 'er indoors was happy, then it was clearly pretty good! GYM? 'fraid so: well equipped & no excuse not to go! I personally found it too hot inside & struggled with this heat so only ran 5k's instead of the 10 I do back home. SHOOTERS? Yes, both a gun club for clays plus restaurant which was also pretty good albeit lacking in atmosphere through being remote from the main complex. GO CARTS? I didn't partake, but others in out group did & loved it spending 30 mins blasting rould a decent sized track. GOLF? Well, "mad dogs & Englishmen" just about says it all. Even with a 7.30 tee off our chaps found it too hot, so give it a miss at this time of year until it cools off a little!
TAXIS.... Reception offer either a metered local cab or the hotel's own cab service chargeable to your room. Take the metered cab option as it will be around 35% cheaper, although the taxis were very cheap compared to back home. Expect to pay around 120-130 AED for a metered taxi to/from the airport dependant on traffic or around 200 AED for the hotel taxi.
Lots more I could say, but expect that the images available will say it all.
SUMMARY: would I go back to the Jebel Ali? In a flash! Yes, please....but I'd prefer it outside July & August as it's simply too humid/hot then.

Room Tip: Ask for a big balcony & justify you're demands! Recommed room 103 & those along from it...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank BruceYork
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2011

Dear BruceYork,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa.

Firstly I would l like to mention how your review was a most interesting read, and I would like to thank your very detailed feedback following your recent stay at the resort. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the wide selection of facilities that we have available.

I was disappointed to read that your original room was not to your satisfaction; however, I was pleased that this was quickly resolved by a member of the management team and your new room was very comfortable.

I was pleased that you and your family enjoyed the All Inclusive, and the selection of restaurants available as well as the quality of food, in particular La Traviata restaurant.

You have kindly mentioned how you were very pleased with the service that you received from the associates during your stay, and have also mentioned some of our associate’s names, which we will ensure your compliments are passed on to them.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stopped here for 4 nights on our way to Thailand for our Honeymoon. Fab hotel. Nice pools. Lovely beach. The food was out of this world in the Italian and Thai restaurants.

VERY HOT!

We were all inclusive but if you are not it would be expensive (£7 Beer, £9 Wine, £5 coke!).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2011

Dear squirtle109,

It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stopover at the resort on your way to Thailand for your honeymoon. I would like to thank you for your very positive feedback on the resort and our restaurants.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Where do I start? This was our third visit to Dubai having stayed at the Shangrilah and also the Atlantis on the Palm. I have to say the Jebel Ali Hotel without a shadow of a doubt outshone both resorts on every count. The personal touch was not there with the Atlantis but I knew everyones names that looked after us at the Jebel Ali. The food and beverages manager Mr Lakmal was amazing. He was always walking around checking that everyone was looked after. All the staff were so friendly and accommodating. Nothing was too much. It has to be the quietest Hotel I have ever stayed in. The Atlantis on the other hand was the noisiest Hotel I have ever stayed in. You could never get any sleep as children were screaming till early hours of the morning, jumping on beds etc. When I complained I was told that it was a family Hotel and this was normal! Well the Jebel Ali was very much a family Hotel and there was none of this! The rooms were clean, tidy and the beds were so comfortable. There were Elemis products in the bathroom which was a lovely touch. Bottled water was given every time you ran out and Sampath who looked after our room was amazing. We were on an all inclusive basis and I have to say it is the best value holiday I have every had! There are 15 restaurants at the Jebel Ali. The Ibn Majid was where we had breakfast every morning and catered for everyone. In the evenings they had themed nights so the choice was fantastic there. La Traviata was the Italian restaurant and again the food was outstanding. White Orchid was a very classy thai restaurant and again everything was perfect. We also visited The Sports Cafe on the Jebel Ali Marina, Shooters Restaurant at Jebel Ali shooting club (fantastic location by the way), La Fontana and the Captains Bar. I cannot fault any of the food or the service. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. I have stayed in some of the most amazing Hotels in the World and I travel a lot and I always find fault with most Hotels that I stay in. I have to say that I honestly could not find any fault with the Jebel Ali. If I was to pick on one thing it would be that I would stop smoking around the pool bar. Nevertheless we are planning to go back next year for my nieces wedding and it will definately be the Jebel Ali that we book. It represents phenomenol value for money, excellent standard, service and hospitality. Thankyou so much for making our holiday a relaxing and stress free time and we look forward to seeing you again next year x

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank superskier87
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We have just returned from 14 nights at Jebel Ali and from start to finish it was fantastic. We arrived first thing in the morning to a warm welcome and a cold drink. The reception staff were friendly and helpful and check in was quick and easy. We knew the check in time was 2pm so arrived prepared for this with a change of clothing in hand luggage. The room was ready before this time however, we were able to make full use of facilities prior to this.

We had a standard garden view room which was not large but more than adequate for the amount of time we spent in there. The facilities in the room were lovely and it was kept spotlessly clean. In fact the whole resort is kept spotless and the cleanliness was impressive. Ample tea and coffee are supplied in the room and stocked twice daily. All rooms are non smoking however an ashtray was provided on request and we were able to use the standing balcony. If you want a large balcony to lounge on then this is not for you. The balcony is small and standing room only (with room to dry clothing using the luggage rack!). If you want something larger try Palm Tree Court. The bed was huge and extremely comfortable. There is plenty of handing space however drawer space is a bit on the low side.

Wifi is complimentary at the resort, just pick up your log in from reception - you do have to log in every day but so what, it's free.

There is an ATM on site which is very useful. Not that we needed much cash, we were on all inclusive and this was fantastic. We ate in every restaurant at the resort and all were wonderful. The food throughout our stay was brilliant, especially the deserts. Didn't do much for the diet though!! Special mention must go to the staff at Ibn Majed and at the Captain's Bar. Especially Michelle at Ibn Majed who was always smiling and happy to help. All the staff at Captain's and the staff at the main pool bar were wonderful and very accommodating. They are a credit to the resort.

All inside areas of the resort are non smoking with one wonderful exception - The Mushref Bar on the 7th floor. One half of the bar is smoking which was brilliant. We could sit there listening to the entertainment with our cocktails and enjoy a cigarette without having to get up and go outside. Fantastic bar with again wonderful staff.

We spent most days at the main pool which was fairly busy but never had any trouble getting a sun bed. The pool is kept extremely clean and has a childrens area under complete shade. The temperatures in July when we visited were extreme, never falling below 40 during the day and a good deal of time is spent in the shade, which there is plenty of. The pool is a good size with a swim up bar. There are a further two pools which we saw but did not use. The beach is wonderful, kept very clean with ample sun beds most of which were empty. The water is very clear, very warm and safe. You certainly wont do any body boarding or surfing as it is very calm. There were plenty of water sports on offer but we didn't use them. Too hot to want to put on life jackets!

We celebrated an anniversary while we were there and a beautiful chocolate cake was left in our room for us. A very nice touch and yummy.

There is a free shuttle bus from the resort going to various attractions which we used once to do to Dubai. Yes you are some distance from Dubai but if you have done your research you will know this so please don't complain about how far out Jebel Ali is. We also used a taxi which the resort booked for us. Taxi's are very reasonable and you wont get ripped of. We also used one on the way back from Dubai later in the night and unlike the UK the price was exactly the same both ways regardless of the time of day/night.

Again some people complain about the birds. Why? If you do your research you would know there are a large number of peacocks and birds at the resort. They cause no problems at all and the peacocks can be hand fed. Given the number of birds around I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of bird poo lying around. As previously said, the resort is kept spotless.

My husband played golf while we were there and the facilities are really good. We also used the gym which is excellent.

Pool and beach towels are provided so no need to fill your case taking those.

Looking out from the beach you can see the building of the new Palm, however very little work is going on at the moment and it caused no disruption to the holiday. Again if you do your research you will know what you can see.

We had a wonderful two weeks at the Jebel Ali Resort and will definitely be going back and we don't usually go back to the same place twice. The friendly staff and the efficient way the resort is run is a credit to the management. We have returned with absolutely no complaints and would highly recommend the Jebel Ali.

Please feel free to email me if you need more info.

2  Thank mistyWiltshire
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We booked the jebel Ali as a last minute honeymoon. It's definately a 4 star plus, not a 5 star as they claim, mainly because there aren't the finishing touches as there are in other hotels and the rooms are quite small and modern without character. I was disappointed that despite this being our honeymoon that wasn't acknowledged in anyway by the hotel, not even by the receptionist checking us into the hotel even though it was in writing on the accommodation voucher i handed over.
On the plus side this hotel is amazing value for money compared to other hotels in Dubai as we chose the all inclusive package so all our drinks and food was included. With hotel prices about £8 for a lager and £4 for a can if pepsi it saved us lots of money and meant we could relax and enjoy ourselves rather than worrying about how much we'd spent.
There were plenty of children in all the pools so we chose to relax on the beach away where it was more peaceful.
The gardens are great with fish in the streams
The food is great and accomadated for vegetarians and other dietary requests. Loved the Italian restaurant the best. service and presentation in all the restaurants were very good.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Mayahols1

Dear Mayahols1,

I was pleased to read that decided to stay at the resort for your honeymoon. I was however extremely disappointed to learn that we omitted to acknowledge your honeymoon upon your arrival to the resort, which I would like to sincerely apologize for.

I would like to thank you for your very kind about the resorts gardens and the selection of food and beverage available on the All Inclusive package.

Reviewed 27 July 2011

We spent 12 nights at this resort during July 2011 on an all-inclusive basis. The resort was not busy but we understand that, overall, July is off-peak for Dubai due to the soaring temperatures (+40C). This suited us down to the ground as we were looking for a quiet getaway for lazing around with sufficient activities for our 6 year old. With 3 pools and a well run kids club, there were no issues on that front!

The resort was very clean throughout and our room was spotlessly maintained. The range and standard of the food was excellent and we particularly liked the La Fontana, White Orchid (Asian) and Shooters (steak/seafood) restaurants. The all-inclusive item list is extensive and covers cocktails, etc but champagne and lobster (healthy discounts apply though). The brand names are there - you won’t be disappointed.

We were pleasantly surprised at the high standard of service and the attitude of the staff – this includes everyone from the cleaners to the bar tenders. For those concerned about gratuities, there is definitely no “tip regardless of quality of service” culture that exists in other countries we have been to. The staff are very courteous and trained to ensure you have a good time with minimum fuss. With all-inclusive, you simply receive the bar/restaurant bill, sign-it and the all-included items are automatically removed from your account. I couldn’t’ believe my room bill was zero at the end of the holiday. At the end of the holiday, we determined that there were so many people to reward for their service/professional attitude and left a few Dirhams here and there. Big thanks go to Dilshan, Nwe, Robin, Sunil, and the ultra-professional Sabreena and Michelle.

The resort runs a complementary coach service (spotlessly clean and modern) to various places. This includes the Mall of the Emirates and Aquaventure water park in the Atlantis hotel. We also went to the Dragon Mart (massive trading hub for Chinese goods). All are worth a look but the water park is quite expensive. Beware the gold souks – a guy we met in the hotel went to one and his (blonde) wife was continually pestered.

All in all, it was a great holiday and we would definitely return. We spoke to several people who have been visiting this resort year after year. It’s now obvious why this is the case …

Room Tip: SeaView room is spotless, well-equipped and just right for 2 adults with a small child. If your part...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank TMBReview
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2011

Dear TMBReview,

It was a pleasure to read your very detailed feedback following your recent stay at the resort with your family, on the All Inclusive package. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the selection of restaurants available, aswell as the facilities that we have including the Cool Zone and the shuttle bus service to the main attractions in Dubai.

I would like to thank you for your very kind words relating to the associate who looked after you. You have kindly mentioned in particular a few associates, and I will ensure that your comments are shared with them.