“Out this world!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #61 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Out this world!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

From arrival your made to feel so relaxed. No waiting in line. Your offered a seat and someone calle you over when it's your turn to check in. We arrived at 02:30 and the wife was a bit travel sick on the plane. The receptionist offered to have the hotel nurse/doctor come to our room and it was all free of charge. After checking in we asked were we could get something to eat showed to the restaurant and only expecting cold food. We were shown the full menu.... Nothing can beat a N.Y.C strip steak sandwich at 3am. We then went up to our room and out luggage met us at out room. As it was our hoonymoon we had red roses chocolate sauce and strawberrys and spairkling wine in the room.

Breakfast i'v never seen show much food!!!! Full English with all the trimmings. Eggs any way u wanted, pastries, pancakes the lot!

The pools are all very nice 2 of them fresh water and one salt ( the salt one plays music under the water to you) loads of loungers and a beach attendant to lay your towel and put up the umbrella. The food again at lunch is full of flavour and picked off a menu. We ate at the Italian and shooters both had such a high quality of food and services to match.

The room was large and comfy very clean and modern. Only down side was our room was an end room so had the summon it all day. The air-con did its best but could have done with being a little cooler.

The hotel offere free buses the the shopping centres which is nice. And the staff are more than happy to help in anyway possiabl.

This hotel is out this world luxury and have already recommended the in-laws to go next year. Would we go back...... YES!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Joseph198723
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 4 December 2011
Dear Joseph198723,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa.

I was pleased to read that you recently stayed with us to celebrate your honeymoon, and that you had a wonderful time at the resort. I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities and in particular the associates who looked after you during your stay.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the future.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Portsmouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

We went to this hotel 8 years ago, and loved it so much we had to go back, the pools are fantastic and we had a lovely time, the staff were brilliant, special mention for Udara at the beach bar and Jakarta in the buffet restaurant who both worked extremely hard , but were very disappointed with the food in the buffet restaurants, they were not the standard of when we went last time and 3 years ago we stayed at the mina a salem Jumeirah madinet and I looked back at some pictures of the buffet food and there was no comparison, amazing and the jebel ali fell very short of their standard. The food was often cold on the breakfast buffet in The Ibn Majed Restaurant. The all inclusive was well worth doing because the drinks and food were quite expensive.
We had a fantastic meal in the white orchid and had a lovely holiday but do feel the food was not the standard that you expect in Dubai as it is not a cheap holiday

Dear MollyPortsmouth,

It is always a pleasure to read reviews from our returning guests, and I was pleased to read that overall you had a lovely holiday. It is always our aim to meet and exceed guests expectations, and I was disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations in relation to the food in some of our restaurants. I would like to apologise for any shortfall on this occasion, and your feedback if welcomed to allow us to continually improve.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in particular for the associates who looked after you during your stay, whom you have kindly mentioned some individuals personally. I will ensure that your feedback is shared with them.

riyadh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

I traveled alone for the relaxing atmosphere of the hotel, I like that it is far from the city and everyone kept to themselves.
the food is moderate and the spa service is over-rated but the location and the grounds are really fantastic.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Dear riyadhgirl,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your previous stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the atmosphere at the resort as well as the grounds.

england UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

we have just returned after spending 8 nights at the jebel ali on our honeymoon,we stayed b/b which we prefer, we cannot fault this hotel it was friendly. spotless cleaned every day with turndown food was fantastic but didn't find the staff as friendly in the itallian restaurant.The cruise with 4 course dinner was amazing and well worth the money,we will be going back ASAP.

Room Tip: the sea view is fantastic but no sun on balcony the garden view is quite nice
Dear ELVISENGLANDUK,

Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

I have just returned from staying at the Jebel Ali Golf and Spa Resort and stayed for 3 nights on the all inclusive package - celebrating my honeymoon - I could not fault this hotel. The room was spacious - we had a balcony overlooking the marina and golf course. We had our room cleaned everyday as well as the turn down service every evening. The staff at the hotel were fantastic at making this as special as possible - we received free champagne, strawberries and 9 red roses to our room which was a lovely surprise - thank you. We ate at the Ibn Majed restaurant on our first evening and the food was a buffet which had a huge variety and good quality food - Natalia and Tony made us feel very special and the service was out of this world. The 2nd evening we ate in the White Orchid at the Tepanyaki table and this again was fantastic - Nwe the waitress was always there pampering to our every wim. The 3rd night we did the dinner under the stars and again everything was great - the Manager came to meet us to make sure everything was ok which I felt was a nice touch. The waiter (name escapes me) was very friendly and again nothing was too much for him. On the front desk Gary was absolutely brilliant. I read before I left that people felt the breakfast buffets was a bit samey but there was a huge choice so you did not have to have the same thing every morning - they have catered for everyone. The hotel was very clean - it is a little way out of Dubai but this was an attraction to us - we did go in to Dubai centre everyday - doing the sight seeing bit and the hotel were fantastic in organising taxis for us. My husband and I are definately going back to this hotel as we had the best time ever and I cannot fault it or praise the staff enough - I would highly recommend this hotel and the facilities to any one.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank FSH076
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 8 November 2011
Dear FSH076,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your previous stays at Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa next year.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

We have just returned from a great 3 day break at Jebel Ali Hotel. The rooms are nicely furnished and well maintained. We had a garden view room but I think we would take a sea view room next time as they have a small balcony, although none of the balconies looked very big. Although the hotel was busy the size of the resort ensures plenty of sun loungers on the beach or by the pool areas. On our first evening we dined at the White Orchid restaurant and it has to be one of the best meals we have ever had, I now know why this restaurant is often fully booked! On our second evening we dined at the Italian restaurant and although the food was of a high standard we didn't feel the service was as good. One our final night we had the set menu from the BBQ at Captains bar and thoroughly enjoyed this meal also. Service in some of the bars was a little slow sometimes but generally all the staff were friendly and helpful. I would also recommend one of the treatments at the spa, but book in advance as this also gets busy especially at the weekends. If you enjoy golf then the 9 hole golf course at the resort is an ideal way to spend the morning followed by lunch at The Sports Bar overlooking the Marina. We can't wait to go back for another weekend.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
JAGRS10, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2011
Dear Yorky001,

I was pleased to read that you recently enjoyed a short break at the resort. I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities and in particular the White Orchid restaurant which you felt was one of the best meals that you have had!

I was a little disappointed to read that you felt the service was a little slower in some of the bars during your stay, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused. We certainly appreciate all feedback to allow us to continually improve our products and services across the resort.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

I have been going to Jebel Ali every summer since around 2008 with the exception of 2011. I plan to stay again in August 2012 for a family birthday. As you will read below, Jebel Ali has become a great place for our family celebrations - for the luxury factor, the hotel is well worth it and if you book smartly online, you don't have to pay premium prices for the premium quality!

2008: excellent first stay at the Golf Resort Hotel - was amazing with views of the pool. Great room with turn down service, great service overall and a safe. The breakfast was outstanding with buffet breakfast. The buffet is huge and well presented. This was our first trip to Dubai and my family took me as a graduation present. I was bowled over by the hospitality of the staff and their willingness to assist. Through the staff, we booked various city tours, the river cruise and dinner and sightseeing

2009: I stayed with family for my 23rd birthday and my fathers birthday (they are both within days of each other). The staff made an absolute fuss of me firstly all singing happy birthday at breakfast then later in the evening delivering a huge chocolate cake and a bottle of champagne to celebrate. This particular year, the golf resort part of the hotel was under renovation so we stayed in the Palm Tree Court which was exceptional. Unless they had told us there were renovation works we would not have noticed because we did not even hear a peep from the other part of the resort - other hotels take note - this is how you renovate your properties - with the least stress for your guests! Follow Jebel Ali's example!! Buffet breakfast was smaller and not so imaginative but the whole experience was amazing - by far the best birthday I've ever had thanks to the Jebel Ali team!

2010: Again, stayed in normal standard hotel rooms with family in the golf report area of the hotel. This time had a balcony looking out onto the front of the hotel which was equally nice. There are no bad views of this resort. Staff remembered me and the family and all I can say is that I missed not going in 2011!

General:

Location: The hotel is far our from Dubai city and first along west from the Palm Jumeriah. This may be problem for some but the hotel provides a comprehensive and complimentaryshuttle service which runs at regular intervals between the resorts and various tourist and shopping spots in the main city.

Food & Service: We tended to drive out to the city or marina for dinner to explore other restaurants so only really ate in the hotel for breakfast / brunch. This is on from 6am to about 11.30am so you can take an early breakfast or lie in and go for a 'brunch' meal. I usually chose the latter with my parents going a lot earlier! best thing here is that they have regional foods as well as good old fashioned british fry ups! Lovely!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Dal C
Dear Dal C,

It is always a pleasure to read feedback from our returning guests, and I very much enjoyed reading your comments from your stays over the past couple of years.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities and in particular for the associates whom you have mentioned looked after you very well and recognized your birthday during one visit, making it special!