“10 days in jebel ali”

Ranked #65 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
sunderland tyne and wear
“10 days in jebel ali”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

we had booked palm tree court but because of the building work we were allocated a superior sea veiw on the 5th floor a really nice room. Food and service was excellent staff were all friendly and helpful, will be returning next june to stay in our original booking at palm tree court, we are so looking forward to it.beautiful location fab hotel a great holiday.

Room Tip: sea veiw rooms perfect over looking arabian gulf and the marina
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nelson20
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Dear nelson20,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa.

I would like to thank you for your kind words about the food which you found to be amazing and also for your praise for the friendliness and helpfulness of the associates.

I am pleased that you plan to return to the resort in the future to see the hotel after our refurbishment program is completed.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa next year.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Shepperton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed during Aug/Sept 2012 and overall had a good time. All Inclusive rate was excellent and we also got daily allowance because of building works. Variety and quality of food was very good in all restaurants.

Nothing around hotel -so needed 30 minute taxi ride into Dubai city to see any sights or shop.

Only "complaint" was that they didn't publicise their events well enough. We 'stumbled' on beach party which had attracted a handful of guests all night. Also movies by the pool only had 3/4 takers.

Water sports was very good - but limited time to use them on the all-inclusive tariff.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Dear Bob_Parr1,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor during your current stay with us at Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa.

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I was pleased to learn that you had a fantastic vacation on the All Inclusive package.

I would like to thank you for your feedback in relation to publicizing the activities that we have going on at the resort, which your feedback is valuable to us and allows us to improve.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

We have just returned home from 7 nights relaxing holiday at the amazing Jebel Ali.

This was our second trip to the Jebel
Ali and it was every bit if not better than last year.

So many of the excellent staff remembered us from year which made us feel so welcome.

Again excellent service from the whole team from the seven floor bar and of the people at captains bar, they work really hard in the heat.

Since last year Shooters bar has had great refurbishment and now the surroundings truely match its amazing steaks, Leslie really looked after us and recommended the cowboy steak which was fabulous, this restaurant should definately not be missed. Great dinner in the White orchid in its temporary location.

Also don't miss out on the sports bar, lovely place for a break out of the heat.

We could literally name for praise every staff member that we came into contact with.

Can't wait to return and see the new improvements.

Thank you to the whole team at Jebel Ali.

• Stayed September 2012
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
Dear Freshland,

As a returning guest to the hotel, it was a pleasure to read your review and I was pleased to read that once again you had a very enjoyable stay, and were made to feel very welcome.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the service that you received, and also for your praise for the associates.

I was happy that you enjoyed the newly refurbished Shooters restaurant, and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed dining with us.

I look forward to having the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

wales
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We stayed here july of last year,2 adults 2 children absolutely loved it.Our 4th time in dubai(jumeirah beach hotel the burj and the one and only)being the others.This was by far the best value for money holiday that we have ever had.The rooms,restaurants, bars and gardens were all superb.This hotel is brilliant if you have seen the sites of dubai before.The restaurants were all 1st class,with a great selection in all of them,sports bar great for informal eating, lovely food and relaxed atmosphere,with a wide selection of drinks for both adults and children.One night a week they had a film showing in the pool,my kids were around the pool for 12 hours or more on these nights,pool bar open from 10.00 am hagen daaz? ice cream whenever you wanted,drinks also available from this time,but not once in two weeks did we see anyone worse for wear.Looking around for prices for next year,after spending two weeks of hard slog in america this year.If you have any questions only too happy to help,i have used this site for advice for years now.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ASHY58
Dear ASGY58,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your day visit to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your vacation a couple of months back, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, and the associates whom you found to be very friendly.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa in the near future.

Romford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Have just returned from Jebel Ali and as usual had a wonderful time. Although there is building work at moment which we would told about it did not interfere with us at all. The food and service are excellent in all restaurants. The staff are very friendly and helpful, cannot do enough for you.I wouldnt hesitate and have recommended this hotel to others, looking forward to going back next year when work completed.

Dear Jennifer P,

As a regular and loyal guest to the hotel, it was a pleasure to read your review and I was pleased to read that once again you had a very enjoyable visit.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the restaurants and quality of the food, as well as your praise for the associates who looked after you during your stay.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Have recently returned from 6 night stay here, our first time in Dubai. Was aware there was ongoing renovation work at the resort but barely noticed it and wasn't intrusive. As a goodwill gesture the Hotel gave us 120 dirhams pppn to compensate for any inconvenience which was a pleasant surprise.
There was only one pool open but there are plenty of sunbeds around the pool, on the lawns and also on the beach. Beach towels were provided. The pool is chilled, which was essential in the 40 degree heat as the sea was hot ! There is a swim up bar in the pool which was lovely and the pool and surrounding area always appeared clean while we were there. The pool staff were very polite and friendly.
Our room was very nice if a little corporate feeling. Nice clean,modern bathroom with Elemis products replaced daily. Small balcony but no chair or table to sit out, but was too hot anyway so didn't bother us. Fridge/mini bar & tea/coffee making facilities and 2 bottles of complimentary water every night. The rooms were were nice and quiet, never disturbed noise.
Breakfasts were excellent, every choice you could imagine. Lunches at Captains Bar overlooking the beach were always nice. Prices were expensive but expected...approx £12 for a pizza, £10 for a panini but food was nicely presented and a decent quality. Also ate at the Italian Restaurant which was very nice. The room service was very good and we were able to get food when we arrived in the early hours which was prompt and most appreciated.
Half the main beach was closed due to the refurbishment. Plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas. Lots of seaweed when we were there which was a nuisance but the hotel staff were out on boats trying their best to remove it ( unsuccessfully ! ) Not great views from the beach...an unfinished road to the left and some sort of industrial port in the distance to the right but I guess you have to expect that in Dubai.
Hotel is about a 20 min drive to Jumeirah but Reception will organise a hotel car or metered taxi which were reasonable, plus there are courtesy shuttle buses to some malls
The hotel wasn't as glitzy as I imagined a 5 star Dubai hotel to be. The grounds weren't as well kept and manicured as some 5 star hotels, few flower beds, and certain things looked a bit "tired" such as the sunbeds and umbrellas on the lawns and beach but that's just nit-picking as overall the hotel was really nice with polite staff , nice pool and lawns down to the beach & good food resulting in a lovely relaxed stay.

1 Thank CarMar0713
Dear CarMar0713,

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the facilities, the quality of the food and the cleanliness across the resort.

It was also a pleasure to read your praise for the associates who looked after you, which you have mentioned were very nice and polite, I will ensure that your kind words are shared with the team.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2012

We had a few problems with communication with the hotel, missing restaurant reservations, room reservation communication from reception, and finally been over charged on check out for a room I had already paid for and for services which should have been included in the DHS compensation awarded at the beginning of the hotel for the construction problems next door, all these problems sorted by management quickly and efficiently, these things happen, guess a little bit of training for front of staff and the staff who deal with the e-mail bookings for rooms and restaurants is needed. We werent going to let this spoil our holiday. The only negative with regards to the facilities was the pool was filthy, not just a bit greasy with sun lotions etc., black mold and scum everywhere, but with 40degree+ temperatures I needed to get in occasionally, pool guy, said it would be cleaned soon, when the other hotel was fully renovated which is supposed to be by the end of Sept 2012, I would be very surprised if it would be finished on time, they were working all hours and it didnt look anywhere ready to me, but hey ho, I am no expert. We couldnt hear any digging or drilling but you could hear the beeping of the diggers when they reversed and they were working very late at night, I can sleep through anything even the airconditioning which was very loud. The compensation offered was excellent as I was able to have a facial, a meal once our AI finished and a couple of drinks, although as previously stated they then charged us for this and we had to have the bill amended. The good bits was the All Inclusive package was excellent value for money, nearly all drinks on the menu included, excellent food in various restaurants served by very friendly efficient staff. Beach bars served excellent snacks. Shooters and the Italian served 5 star food. The food in white orchard restaurant was out of this world, re-sited in the lobby as the restaurant was being renovated next door, but it didnt spoil the ambience of the evening. The rooms were small, but very clean with enough toiletries to leave yours at home. The hotel is rated 4* which I agree in principle, due to room size, small balcony with no chair (did ask for one but they couldnt find one!!!! - said put the dressing room chair out there, but it wouldnt fit through the door, lol - gave up), very small pool, not clean, but the food quality and service at the beach restaurants was excellent. By the time the holiday finished I couldnt eat or drink another thing. I thought the management were very caring Bianca and Ashraf and I praise their excellent service. My husband went on Seawings, pricey, but he loved it. If there is one thing I can say about Jebl Ali as a group is they certainly know how to make guests feel special when booking such trips, same goes for Bataeux Dubai boat, best service ever.

Room Tip: I dont think it mattes if you have a pool view or car park view there is only enough room to stand u...
Dear JacqBMiddlesbrough,

It was a pleasure to read your very detailed review, and I was pleased that overall you had an enjoyable vacation, and that you were made to feel special.

I was however disappointed to read that you experienced some challenges in relation to restaurant reservations and you’re booking confirmation, and that the cleanliness of the pool was not to your expectations. I would like to sincerely apologise for any frustration or inconvenience caused, and it is only with our guest’s feedback which allows us to continually improve.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in regards to the All Inclusive package, which you felt was very good value for money, and also offered a wide selection of beverages and excellent food.

You have also kindly mentioned about how caring the associates where, and have mentioned individually some members of the team, which I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.