“Amazing hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #62 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Dorset
“Amazing hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

If you are looking to visit Dubai but want to stay outside it this is the hotel for you. A taxi into Dubai cost us the equivilant of £14 after midnight. Just be careful not to get a hotel taxi as they cost more and ensure the taxi puts their meter on as soon as you get into the car.
There is also a shuttle bus provided by the hotel into Dubai center and to the Malls everyday - just remember to put your name down the night before to get a spot.

JA Beach Hotel offers large rooms, gorgeous large bathrooms with a tub for 2 and seperate walk in shower, his and hers sinks etc. Very clean. The grounds are gorgeous, lush, streams, birds/peacocks wondering around. Very relaxing.
We played mini golf, my husband went sailing etc
It actually rained a couple of times but it was still warm and I went for a Facial at the spa to amuse myself. Plenty to do. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Palm court is the newer building, but think its all standard throughout really?
1 Thank Nadine S
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Dear Nadine Q,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us, and I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the resort, its facilities, the accommodation, as well as the grounds which you have kindly mentioned were gorgeous!

It was also a pleasure to read your praise for my associates who looked after you during your stay with us; I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and in the near future.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Derby
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Just returned back from a 5 night stay to the jebel Ali Golf resort, travelling with my husband. We arrived in the early hours of the morning which appeared to be a hotel in the middle of nowhere, however in the broad light of day it is a beautiful resort. Everywhere was clean, the beach was lovely and the service of staff was very good. The only thing I would have a gripe about would be the service at the captains bar, the staff didn't seem as attentive as in other restaurants and service could be slow,breakfast seemed a little chaotic at times but that definitely improved a couple of days into our stay, it seemed to get more organised. we loved the White Orchid restaurant staff were lovely and the meal was great.
we stayed on the fourth floor over looking the golf course and marina, the room was adequate but perhaps a little small for 5 star hotel and the balcony was tiny.
Hotel is located about 40 minutes out of Dubai we took a city taxi which cost on average 90 Dh
but I believe there is a shuttle service to the Malls.

I would definitely recommend going all inclusive as drinks and meals are rather expensive.

We would definitely go back to the Jebel Ali resort all in all it was a lovely experience and pleasant few days away.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Dear loveholidaysDerby,

I would like to thank you for your compliments regarding the resort, its facilities, the overall cleanliness as well as the beach which you have kindly mentiones was lovely.

In regards to the area of improvement which you have highlighted, I can assure you that the management team and I are now looking into these areas which allows us to continually improve.

Your praise for my team who looked after you, whilst staying with us is highly appreciated; I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

We have just enjoyed a nine night stay at the Jebel Ali Hotel. We were looking for a relaxing break,good food,warm weather, sea view, peace and quiet- and Jebel Ali delivered.
We felt totally spoilt. The room was clean and sheets changed every day on request. Restuarants were of a high standard and plenty of wine and cocktails offered to us at the bars and in all of the restuarants.
The staff could not have been more attentive, from the guy who put our towels on our sunbeds to the waiters in the Captains Bar, to the doorman who always met us with a smile.
You would have to be a very hard to please person not to give this resort an excellent review. We loved it and will definetly return in the near future.

Room Tip: We stayed in a garden view room on the fourth floor which had a lovely view over the marina, the gar...
1 Thank 88annettem
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2013
Dear Annette m,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort.

I was extremely pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities, the accommodation as well as the food and beverages that you have enjoyed across the resort.

I do appreciate your positive comments with regards to my team who looked after you whilst staying with us. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

Worst service in Dubai. Also the facilities can't handle all the people staying there. Really overcrowded and busy with children running wild everywhere. Also, the clientele the hotel seems to attract are perhaps the rudest I have ever seen. e.g. A couple with their towels strewn over 4 sun chairs because they "don't want bag on ground." (imagine it in a Russian accent.) There are much nicer hotels for the same price and cheaper even. A beach is not a substitute for service.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Johntyw
Dear Johntyw,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to Jebel Ali Golf Resort.

It is with great disappointment that I read you review, which highlighted that you did not enjoy your stay with us. It is certainly not our intention to have any of our guests disappointed; however, it is clear that we have failed to meet your expectations in many ways during your stay with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any shortfall, and to allow me to take the necessary action for improvement, I would invite you to contact me directly on fredrik.reinisch@jaresorts.com to address your concerns in more detail.

I do hope that we will have an opportunity to restore your confidence in Jebel Ali Golf Resort, and once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Dubai
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

We only came for a day trip to use the beach, pools and restaurants so can't comment on rooms. However after paying 440 aed to use their facilities we were very disappointed. The beach is dirty with no view, no waiter service and the sea is full of weeds. The pools are dated and too crowded we couldn't get sun loungers. The restaurant called captains was appalling we had to get our own menus and go to the bar to order food - the waiters don't walk around and ignore any requests. We asked three times for the kids menu and it never came! Also not enough high chairs! A really second class hotel I'm glad we didn't stay overnight or take out the annual membership like we were considering! I'll stick to Jumeirah hotels in future!!

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Aquarius76
Dear Aquarius76,

It is with great disappointment that I read your review, and it is clear that we have failed to meet your expectations in many ways during your recent visit to the resort.

It is certainly not our intention to have any of our guests disappointed, and to allow me to understand more about your experience, and to restore your faith in Jebel Ali Golf Resort, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your feedback in more detail. I can be contacted at fredrik.reinisch@jaresorts.com

I look forward to hearing from you, and to be able to have the opportunity to discuss your feedback in person.

Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

We have just returned from a weeks break at the Jebel Ali resort.
We wanted a week of total relaxation and I'm pleased to say that the Jebel Ali delivered. The hotel was busy to start with as it was the end of the school half term holiday but after a couple of days it was much quieter and relaxing.
The staff are one of the best assets of the hotel , from the guys looking after your sun beds , to the great service in all the restaurants - they are all excellent and genuinely couldn't do enough for you.
The rooms in the Jebel Ali are good but not very big and the balcony is not big enough to sit out on.
If the budget allows , I would suggest upgrading to the Palm court garden rooms. ( it was also cheaper to upgrade once at the hotel than booking with Virgin)
The hotel location needs to be carefully considered. It is a forty minute drive to Dubai so if you want to go into the city a lot this is not the best choice for you, however if you want a resort that offers so much without leaving it , then this is for you.
One other thing , we went All inclusive and given the price of the drinks and restaurants , I would highly recommend this option.
So , in summary not the most luxurious hotel in Dubai but unique and really worth trying it out.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the garden rooms if the budget allows.
4 Thank colin g
Dear colin g,

I am extremely pleased to read your review and your kind words about the resort; its facilities, the accommodation; the quality of the food and drinks, as well as the All Inclusive package which you have enjoyed during your stay with us.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court in the future.

Rugeley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

First time to Dubai, travelled by all the wonderful hotels out into what seemed like a bomb site and then drove into the hotel. First to greet us was a peacock in full bloom and from there on it was a truly wonderful experience. Staff at reception were so welcoming, we felt at home immediately. Loads of restaurants to choose from-white orchid my favourite. Service everywhere was perfect. Loads of space on the beautiful beach, plenty room around the many pools or you could relax on the grass. Only reason I haven,t given it 5 stars is I thought the rooms were relatively small compared to other 5 star hotels and balcony was minimal but it was adequate and very well maintained,with so much to do you don,t want to spend much time in your room. All age groups were there and there is something for everyone. Another negative is it is disastrous for your figure as the food was scrumptious.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank fionmckwn
Dear fionmckwn,

It was great to read that you had a wonderful experience during your stay. I would like to thank you for your very kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities, the peacocks, as well as the quality of food and drinks that you have enjoyed, in particular the White Orchid Restaurant which you have kindly mentioned was your favorite.

You have also kindly mentioned that our associates were welcoming and that you felt at home immediately. You have also kindly mentioned that the service levels you experienced everywhere around the resort was perfect. I would like to thank you for your comments, and I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to the associates.