“Great Place for reliable luxury”

JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel
Ranked #70 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Great staff, great food, nice rooms, etc
A few tips:-
The hotel was busy when we went, and the main restaurants were difficult to book, especially Friday & Saturday. I think you book before you arrive, so I would recommend you do this. The booking system seems to rely on one person at the guest experience desk calling someone else. I'd expect more of an on-line system in a place like this so you can see what's available
Although there are lots of loungers in the pool & garden areas, early risers get their towels out quickly. If you can't beat them, I'm afraid you have to join them!
Not many things are included in the all inclusive package. For example, not included are water sports (apart from non-motorised at very specific times), mini golf, Spa (apart from a very basic use of sauna), etc which are all on-site facilities.
The view from the beach is taken up with the part-completed new Jebel Ali Palm, but the bay that's been created by this is quite OK. The view to the right of the container port is a bit ugly.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PhoebeDevon
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear PhoebeDevon,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jebel Ali Golf Resort.

I was happy to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us! I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resort which you found to be a great place for reliable luxury, the food served which you felt was great, as well as your accommodation which you have kindly mentioned was nice.

We value all guest feedback which allows us to continually improve our services across the hotel, and as such I have shared the areas for improvement which you have highlighted with my management team.

I have also noted your comments regarding the Palm construction work being carried out, which is unfortunately beyond our control. I would like to express my sincere apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort you may have experienced whilst staying with us.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future.

Fredrik Reinisch

Write a ReviewReviews (3,602)

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We booked this hotel for 3 nights all inclusive having spent the beginning of our week in Dubai busy sight seeing, and we wanted to chill out on the beach and relax for our anniversary. At check in we were informed our room had been upgraded to celebrate our anniversary ..... omg the room was fantastic! It was huge, stylish with perfect views. We had a lounge on our floor which offered nibbles and cocktails and the girls working here were so helpful , booking restaurant's and activities for us. They were great , always with a smile for us.
The one thing about this hotel is the attention to detail , they truly managed to make us feel so special.
We were booked in to the White Orchid for our anniversary meal and again we were treated like royalty , we were shown to the best table in the restaurant and Rajitha our waiter was a great laugh.I can not praise him enough. And the food was fabulous!
The beach is wonderful, plenty of sunloungers, umbrellas, great water activities, lovely warm water!
We also ate one night at La Traviata, again the food was wonderful. The food at this hotel can not be faulted in any of the restaurants we ate at.
We absolutely loved this hotel and can not wait to come back and stay here again. Thank you Jebel Ali .

1  Thank lexiemc
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear lexiemc,

First of all, I would like to wish you and your husband a belated “Happy Anniversary!” I was delighted to know that we managed to meet your expectations in making your wedding anniversary celebration a special and memorable.

Please allow me to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resort and its facilities, the accommodation which you have kindly mentioned was fantastic, huge and stylish with perfect views, the beach that you found to be wonderful, as well as the food which you felt was fabulous.

It was also a pleasure to read your positive comment about my team who looked after you during your stay with us, some of whom you have personally acknowledged, whom you felt were helpful and had treated you very special. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

This year I decided to spend my weekly vacations on Dubai but in a resort, and nothing better than Jebel Ali Beach Hotel. Situated at the sea shore, with private beach, invites you for a moment of pleasure. I can start by saying that the resort is protected by his own security and that gives a sense of confidence. The rooms are appropriate for a couple and gather all the conditions required for a week vacations. The resort is full of swimming pools, with sweet and ocean water, a private beach where the staff is always ready to assist you with the chair, sun umbrella, drinks, etc...
The beach is wonderful and the sea reveals lots of opportunities for several activities, such as boat drive, diving courses, etc...
The restaurants inside the resort are well organized and they offer a different menu for each day, such as Italian night, south American, British, Mediterranean, etc... and invites you for a journey of taste and flavor.
The employees in each bar close to the beach and the pools are outstanding and very professional, always available to serve you and make you comfortable.
The breakfast is really something out of this world, with a selection of all fruits, cakes, yogurts, meats and cheese, all kind of egg preparation jus the way you wanted, and anything else you can imagine.
It really great to see the sun raising, where a very organized team of experts is already on the move to prepare the resort for you by the time you wake up.
The wine selection, that you can taste by glass or bottle, is enormous and with variety.
The quality of food is very good and the grill, one of my favorites, will surprise you in each detail.
It was really a pleasure to be there, and I can only say thank you to all personnel.
Regards,
Joaquim Condeco

Room Tip: Choose a room with sea view.
3  Thank joaquim c
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear joaquim c,

It is with a great pleasure to read that you decided to stay with us during your holiday in Dubai, and I was happy to know that overall you had an enjoyable experience.

I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities. Please also allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to the beach activities available which you found to be wonderful, the varieties of food served in all the restaurants at the resort especially during breakfast.

It was also a pleasure to read your positive comment about my team who looked after you during your stay with us, and I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

2nd visit to this amazing resort, firstly with daughter and granddaughter ,loved it so much a prompt booking was made to include spouses. We were upgraded to sea view rooms..thank you. Anxious to know if our raving lived up to expectations by our other halves met with a resounding "what,s not to like" food and service excellent..great night at Divaz organised by Menchie at reception and beautifully looked after by Deepa so attentative. Chaminda and Rob at swim up bar also deserve a mention not forgetting Ushanka at admirals. All restaurants are a must to try , you will not be disappointed in any. Service with a friendly smile always on hand. Cleanliness can not be faulted in any areas private or public and housekeeping services are first class. Although resort can be busy at times especially on weekends there is enough space to spread out and always a little neuk to hide away if you want tranquility.
Now looking forward to a "girlie" holiday with friends

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Goann,

I was delighted to know that you had an amazing holiday with us once again. Please allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to the food served in all the restaurants especially at Divaz which you have kindly mentioned was excellent, as well as to the cleanliness of the resort which you found to be first class.

It was also a pleasure to read your positive comment about my team who looked after you during your stay with us, some of whom you have personally acknowledged, whom you felt were so friendly and attentive. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I Stayed at this email as i travel around UAE and stay in most 5 star hotels and wanted to try something different to the JBR and Marina area. I was very well looked after from start to finish. Food was good but a little bland (room service) It is out of the way but 50AED will get you a taxi back to Dubai. The gas in the fridge seemed to be leaking and as a result the products smelt funny. The room is quite small but adequalte and exeptionally clean. If i had any complaint it is that the bathroom is super small more so the bath which if you are over 5ft 11" and a 36 waist you are snug in there :). Nice bath products and good TV channels but TV is small i think 28". Great veiws. Probally the best i have seen in Dubai. I am been a bit picky but i was a bit disapointed with the room size but i would recommend and go back. 8/10

Room Tip: Get an end room or the 1st floor as you have a patio and sun loungers.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Dodgym5,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent Visit to Jebel Ali Golf Resort.

I was very happy to know that you were well-looked after from the moment you arrived at the resort until your departure experience.

I was pleased to read your positive comments about the cleanliness of your accommodation, the available bathroom products and TV channels, as well as the views at the resort which you have kindly mentioned was great! It is with regret to have learnt of your disappointment with regards to the size of your accommodation. Due to the design and size of the rooms in Jebel Ali Hotel, you may wish to consider for future visits, to stay in our Palm Tree Court accommodation, where the bathroom and the room size are more spacious.

I have also noted some areas for improvement which you have highlighted, and I can assure you that this is not a true reflection of our usual high standards. Your welcomed feedback has been shared with the management team.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed at Jebel Ali last year during November and could not fault it at all. However, what a different story this year. We arrived on Monday 14th October which was the start of Eid (we did not realise this when we booked). The Hotels policy of allowing 'day trippers' in had a huge impact. The beach and swimming pools were overcrowded, screaming children everywhere and whereas last year there was an 'adults only' pool, this year it had changed to Residence and Jasmine Guests only, so no where to escape. We had to wait to get a table for lunch and once finally seated, lunch took over 1.15 hours, service was so slow. The cleanliness of the resort had also gone down, overflowing dustbins on the beach etc. The hotel really does need to decide whether their priority is staying guests or 'day trippers'. We were staying on an 'all inclusive basis' however when ordering sparkling water at the Sports Bar, we were brought the only bottle of water which wasn't included on the all inclusive. We brought this to the attention of the management, but nothing was done about it. The evenings were faultless when the staff had the time to focus their attention on people actually staying at the resort. We would think very carefully if we were to book this resort again.

Dear happyhelper,

I was most disappointed to read that you were not completely satisfied with your experience during your recent stay with us. It is with regret I learnt of your disappointment about the service you had experienced, and I would like to assure you that this is not a true reflection of our usual high standards. It can sometimes be quite challenging when the resort reaches a high occupancy especially during UAE holidays; however, the service to our guests is of paramount importance and I am sorry that we have not met your expectations on this occasion.

I would be most interested in discussing your feedback in more detail, to allow us to address all of your concerns further. I would therefore invite you to contact me directly at generalmanager.jagr@jaresorts.com.

Despite your disappointment, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I recently stayed three nights at the Jebel Ali beach hotel to attend a friend's wedding. It is an expensive hotel and we had a special wedding rate so not sure how much it normally costs, however once you've handed over your credit card - enjoy. We didn't do the all inclusive but I think it looks like the best deal as ordering a la carte adds up. That said, the breakfast is amazing with many choices so you could easily get by with just one more small meal at night. The service is fantastic, the rooms are lovely and attended to regularly. I think I had my towels changed each time I used them!! plus they offer a turn done be service and are constantly topping up your bathroom with handy supplies. Dinner at White Orchid was lovely (you must book) and drinks / snacks at Captain's Bar also good. I also used the hotel gym which is small yet functional and has a lovely view over the marina. The only faults I had in entire three night stay was on check-in - it was very busy, not enough staff and they made a big deal when I couldn't retrieve my passport to check in as I had left it in my big case which had been carted off to the room. Honestly it's 2013, a passport really shouldn't be required for check-in. Also one night there was a couple in the adjoining room and I could hear their TV and every word they said whichever was disappointing given I had stayed at a cheap ibis down the road for three nights for a quarter of the price and that hotel was soundproof. But I heard nothing the remainder of my stay, so perhaps just a very loud couple who had their TV up too loud! All in all, lovely and relaxing stay - the pools are beautiful, the menus extensive and most of the staff very friendly - especially the men who clean the rooms. Great stay and amazing Dubai experience!!

Room Tip: Do all inclusive if you think you will be drinking alcohol
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Juliette S,

I was pleased to read that you had an amazing experience whilst staying with us. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities, the food served in the restaurants especially during breakfast which you felt was amazing, the service you received from Housekeeping which you found to be fantastic.

It is with regret I learnt of your disappointment about the service you had experienced upon arrival, as well as the noise coming from the next room. I would like to extend my sincere apology for any inconvenience or discomfort you may have experienced. I would also like to inform you that it is a strict government requirement that all guests have to produce their passport or UAE driving license and this applies to both resident and non-residents of UAE. Please rest assured that your comments have been addressed to our management team.

I do also appreciate your personal acknowledgement to my team who looked after you during your stay with us, whom you felt were very friendly. I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future.