“First Class”

JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel
Ranked #77 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Staying here as I write this review, after a fairly long drive from the airport we were impressed with our first views of the hotel.
The room we have on the 4th floor is very good indeed with amazing views of the pool area and harbour with the luxurious boats. The hotel has so much to offer for all ages, the food is some of the best I have eaten and the staff are so friendly and helpful. The waiters at the Captains bar are very attentive and no long waits for drinks or food.
The room is cleaned in the morning and again in the evening. The restaurant staff in the hotel are again very helpful. I cannot understand some negative reviews as this is one of the best hotels I have stayed at, the manager should be very proud of his staff.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Patriot222
Yasser M, Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Patriot222,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel.

I was pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you highly rated as a first class, the accommodation views which you found to be amazing, as well as the food served in all the restaurants which you felt was the best.

It was nice to read your positive comments about my team who looked after you, whom you felt were very friendly and helpful. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have stayed at jebel Ali 3 times now and love this hotel you can not fault it at all! The staff are ever so friendly and the rooms are great!

The restaurants are amazing the food is always top standard I personally love the Italian restaurant the food is lovely!

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone there is nothing bad about this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Lauren H,

As a regular guest to the resort, I was extremely happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us once again and that you would recommend us. I would like to thank you for your kind remarks with regards to the resort and its facilities, the food served in all the restaurants which you felt was amazing especially La Traviata restaurants.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We have been to this Hotel over 4 times and upon arrival were shown to our Garden Suite in the new development. This is so far from the centre of the resort we had to travel by motorized buggy!
Room no. 1093 is in the furthest block to be built next to the public beach which is used as a sort of campsite by locals and not very desirable. The decor and layout of the suite is not as nice as the older blocks with the bathroom behind 2 sliding doors which half the would not slide, We asked to be moved and the Management offered us an upgrade for which we would have to pay extra and we agreed. Block 3 very central to all amenities. Will not return unless we can be guaranteed Blocks 3,4,or 5.
Very disappointed with checkout as many items had been added to our bill even though we had upgraded to all inclusive and it took about an hour to sort out all the "mistakes" and spoiled the end of the holiday with the stress of sorting it out. Whilst we were at reception another guest was having similar problems, check you bill the day before you leave.
The good things great sunbed attendance, smashing cocktails, great food, lovely and clean, pleasant staff, great clean beach.

Room Tip: Choose blocks 3,4,or 5
2  Thank tilly1957

Dear tilly1957,

As a regular guest to the resort, I was happy to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. Please allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to the beach which you found to be lovely and clean, as well as the food served in all the restaurants which you felt was great.

At the resort we continually strive to meet and exceed our guest expectations of providing exceptional service to our guests, and I have noted your comments regarding the location of your accommodation. We always do our best to accommodate our guests with their preferences and requests, subject to availability and it can be challenging when the resort is running at high occupancy levels. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience and frustration you may have experienced upon your arrival. Please rest assured I have shared your comments with the Director of Front Office for immediate attention and review.

I have also noted your feedback with regards to your departure experience. I would like to thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. Please accept my sincere apologies for any shortfall on this occasion, and I can assure you that this is not a true reflection of our usual high standards. Please rest assured that I have shared your comments with our Director of Front Office, and the measures have been taken to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.

Nevertheless, I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to my team who looked after you, whom you felt that they were pleasant. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Just got back from a week at Jebel Ali on Sunday 23rd February 2014. The overall experience was fantastic,the staff just cannot do enough to make your stay enjoyable and relaxing, especially the Butlers and Housekeepers who all went round with smiles and were great ambassadors for the resort. The lawn and beach area provided plenty of loungers and a safe environment for the children to play. The Signature Lounge and pool area was also well provided with loungers, not overcrowded and just a bit special. Only wished the drinks service was a bit quicker but not a real issue overall. We had an all inclusive package so could try all the restaurants, golf,spa facilities, etc. However in a week could not possibly do
everything!!Rooms were fantastic we had apartment 990 great terraces, 2 bedrooms both with ensuites a further cloakroom with large lounge and dinning room. The kids also loved it plenty of room for all of us. Sadly on our last night we dined in the White Orchid restaurant and we picked up a tummy bug that required one of our party to have a doctor attend but this was dealt with promptly and whilst it marred our last day we still had wonderful memories of a great week. Otherwise food was excellent, plenty of choice and great themed evenings.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank George M
Fredrik R, Regional General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear George M,

I was pleased to know the overall you had a fantastic holiday with us. I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards the resort and its facilities, the signature lounge and pool which made you felt so special, the All Inclusive package that you opted to, the accommodation which you found to be fantastic, as well as the food served in all the restaurants which you have kindly mentioned was excellent.

You comments about the drink service is highly appreciated, and please rest assured that your welcome feedback has been shared with our Food and Beverage Manager for immediate attention.

It was also a pleasure to read your positive comments about my team who looked after you during your stay with us, whom you felt were, went round with smiles and great ambassadors to the resort. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We knew that the only Dubai attraction we were interested in was the sun so we were happy to select JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel even though we had read some reviews that it was far off the beaten track. What surprised us was upon check-in, our room was not at all as it was described on Expedia. Expedia indicated the room had a "separate seating area with a sofa bed." This was not the case, as the resort does not offer sofa beds. The bellman who showed us our room did organize for a foldaway bed to be brought up, but the only place for it was directly adjacent to the bed in the room. It was a tight squeeze but basically we only slept there so we made it work.

The room was cleaned twice per day during our stay, both in the morning and at the nightly turndown service. I was very impressed by the thoroughness of the cleaning.

We were very impressed with the majority of the staff we encountered. The wait staff were excellent and very friendly. All the various outdoor attendants we encountered had a great customer service sense. It seemed, though, that some of the staff who were "higher up" did not share this service ethic. Two different people at the concierge desk couldn't really answer my questions and it was only through my own persistence that they investigated an answer. I found it odd that a concierge (indeed 2 concierges) were happy to provide me with "I don't know," and leave it at that. It seemed they didn't have the basic information materials available to do their jobs--things like menus for the onsite restaurants and the schedule of events in the kids club.

Our son had never attended a kids club before (although at age 6 he goes to school and has attended summer camp) so was a little reluctant to attend. There was actually enough to do with the beach and pool that he was happy to hang out with us, which was also totally fine with us because it was a family vacation. But on our second-to-last day I enticed him with a science themed activity they had and he was hooked. He had a great time and all of the carers at the kids club were terrific--really engaged and energetic. It was also a great way for him to take advantage of some of the activities the resort has to offer like camel rides and badminton.

While the weather was beautiful during our stay it does cool down quite a bit at night in the winter. As a result, the water in the Arabian Gulf is pretty chilly. Thankfully the pools are heated.

Food was good. With the exception of one meal we stuck to the main buffet restaurant because it opened the earliest. There certainly was plenty to choose from. We did half-board and there were a couple of errors on our bill upon check-out that were easily corrected by check out staff. One small complaint we had was that not all guests respected the hotel's dress code policy, which included no swimwear in the lobby and dining areas. Additionally, several guests brought ipads to dinner (without headphones) to entertain their kids which got a little loud. Perhaps in the interest of not offending these guests, staff appeared to do nothing to remind them to be respectful of others.

Generally we had a great trip and would definitely consider Dubai again for a winter break. We would possibly even stay at JA Jebel Ali next year. It's a good value for the price.

Room Tip: Beach view rooms have a nice view and indirect sunlight.
6  Thank Kimberly S

Dear Kimberly S,

I was glad to know the overall you had an enjoyable stay with us and will visit us again on your next holiday to Dubai. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities, the Cool Zone activities which you found to be terrific, the available activities which you and your family enjoyed the most, as well as the food served at all the restaurants at the resort which you felt was good.

At the resort we continually strive to meet and exceed our guest expectations of providing exceptional service to our guests, and I have noted your dissatisfaction with regards to the concierge service. Please rest assured that emphasis is given to training in hospitality and customer service. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience or frustration caused during your stay with us and your valuable feedback has been shared with Director of Front Office for immediate attention.

I have also noted your disappointment regarding the dress code policy. I would like to thank you for sharing your concerns, and may I take this opportunity to apologies for any discomfort you may have experienced. Please rest assured that this matter has been addressed to our Food and Beverage Manager for further review in order to avoid similar recurrences in the future.

It was a pleasure to read your positive comments about my team who looked after you during your stay with us, whom you felt were excellent and very friendly. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Me and a couple of my buddies came to this one for spring break, to get away from all the sleaze and scrum at traditional spring break destinations. We stayed at a five star in Cancun, and we stayed at this place. Food doesn't compare. Food in Mexico was three star, even though we stayed at a five. Food here was top notch five star cuisine. Beach is amazing, with real sand granules, not like the tiny pebblestone wafer granules in Cancun. Bars and clubs here are classy, without easy drunken sleazebags tripping over their heels and spilling their drinks all over the place. Safe here too. So much to do in so little time. Definitely coming back here, as there's so much more to see and do. Ravi's is a must do, if you like Indo-Paki. There's also this seafood place that's been around for like fifty years that our concierge told us about. Way off the beaten path, with a 99% local penetration rate. They get their seafood fresh daily. Ordered the butterflied fish, charred, rubbed with aromatic herbs and spices. No else on this planet will you get as fresh and tasty seafood. Wish I could remember the name. Any who, Dubai for spring break is a must do. Don't forget, the shopping beats Beverly Hills' rinky-dink boutique strips, so don't forget to hit those up, and don't forget to hit up the outlet mall in Dubailand!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ammer K
Fredrik R, Regional General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Ammer K,

It was with great pleasure to read your review, and I was also happy to know that we met your expectations on this occasion which made your holiday better than anywhere else.

I would like to thank you for your kid words with regards to the resort and its facilities, the food served in all the restaurants at the resort which you found to be top notch especially at Divaz restaurant, the beach area which you felt was amazing, as well as the bars available at the resort which you have highly rated.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

This was our first visit to Dubai. We've been many places before and we had heard slightly mixed reports of Dubai as a whole experience. Fortunately we know someone who works part time in Abu Dhabi. We asked her if she could recommend a hotel. She asked weather we were looking for a relaxing beach experience or a city-break. When we said that we primarily wanted a relaxing beach hotel, to which she replied 'Jebel Ali Beach. Definitely'.
And she was right since we had a lovely week in the sun. The whole place has a very clean, professional and relaxed feel about it. The food is absolutely gorgeous. We didn't try all the restaurants but the main buffet restaurant and Divaz (Seafood restaurant in a boat moored in the marina) were both fantastic. We had the half board deal which suited us perfectly. When we booked the AI option was significantly more expensive to it worked better for us.
As a family with a young child we felt welcome and accommodated for.

The beach was lovely and clean. The security was high with lifeguards on constant watch. All staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was not very large but very clean and the bathroom looked newly refurbished.

A small but slightly annoying issue was the booking of pool loungers. Most of them had towels on them before breakfast time. There are of course loungers for everyone, loads down the beach and around the lower pool . But if you specifically want to stay near the main pool this was an issue. Especially since some of these 'bookers' sometimes stayed away for hours leaving towels.I am sure there is a civilised solution to this problem that the hotel management might want to look in to.
This was the only minor complaint, other than that this is a fantastic resort.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

3  Thank MrP_Torbay
Fredrik R, Regional General Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear MrP_Torbay,

It was indeed a pleasure to know that you had lovely stay with us. I was happy to know that you decided to stay with us following your friend’s recommendation and I was glad that we met your expectations.

Please allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be clean and very relaxing, the food served which you felt was absolutely gorgeous, as well as the half board package which suited you perfectly.

I have however noticed that you were disappointed due to some guests who reserved sunbeds prior to their arrival at the swimming pool. It is our aim to always provide the highest level of service to all our guests and to be flexible where possible. I would like to extend my sincere apologies to you for any inconvenience that you may have experience due to this incident. I would like to thank you for your feedback, and rest assured that your comments have been shared with the management team for further review.

Nevertheless, I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to my team who looked after you, whom you felt that they were very friendly and helpful. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with them.