“Relaxing but remote”

Ranked #74 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Relaxing but remote”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed for a few days at the end of January this year before setting out on a cruise. The room was compact but very clean and had a small balcony with sea view. The beach and sea were ideal and although the beach was windy we had the most excellent service from Davindra who provided parasols at all angles to keep out the draughts. Well done! The breakfast was superb with endless choices for all tastes. The restaurants were pleasant although a bit pricey and we particularly enjoyed La Traviata and had excellent service from Thapa.
The staff were helpful, friendly and smiley.
The only downside was we asked to get a ride to town in the courtesy shopping bus. Mr Kassem the Chief Concierge would not allow us to take our cases on the bus. We had to take a taxi at a pre agreed price but when we were dropped off at the port the taxi driver tried to cheat us by demanding extra money, but security at the port came to our aid. Be prepared for a long long drive to and from the hotel. There is nothing near the hotel so you might feel a bit marooned.

Room Tip: Beware: smokers are able to smoke on their balconies and there is no specific non-smoking area so yo...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear 590katherineb,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel.

I was delighted to read your review and to know that you had a relaxing holiday with us. Please allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities, as well as the food served in all the restaurants especially during your breakfast which you found to be superb.

In relation to your feedback about the shuttle bus access, I would like to advise you that we are only allowing bags in adequate size due to a limited space and the comfortability of other guest inside the shuttle bus. I would like to express my apology if this information was not communicated to you. Rest assured your valuable feedback for areas of improvement has been shared with the Front Office Team.

I have noted your unfortunate experience with the public transport, which unfortunately is beyond our control. I would like to express my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort you may have experienced.

It was also nice to read your exceptional praise for our associates who looked after you, whom you personally acknowledged and you felt were excellent, helpful, friendly and smiley. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us on TripAdvisor and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (560)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
hertfordshire
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel in March and were meant to be staying for a week but only managed 1 night before being moved by the Hotel to the Palm Tree Court. The hotel had a private conference for Standard Charter which meant there was blaring and booming music by the golf club until 2am. We could hear every single song in our room, to the point where my husband complained at reception and we were moved that night.
That aside, the facilities are good, this is a solid 4* hotel. Lovely pools, good restaurants and bars, although again the bar on the 7th floor was closed on our first night due to another private function.
The rooms have paper thin walls, we could hear the conversation of the people next door, so if this is a problem for you, I'd bear it in mind.
However, based on the huge Standard Charter private party and another Indian festival of colours party which took place two days later I cannot recommend you stay in this hotel. When the Indian beach party was taking place, we were eating dinner in the Italian restaurant and you could hear the festival music over the music in the restaurant....it was insane!!
If the hotel is moving forward with more and more private parties, I feel they will lose business - the sound system they use is an utter joke and the more and more people we spoke to had request to move rooms because of this. People come here for a quiet, tranquil holiday....if we had wanted to rave in Ibiza, we would have gone there instead.

Room Tip: Don't have a room facing the golf club!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank zoetravel31
Dear zoetravel31,

I was grateful to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities, as well as the lovely pools and restaurants across the resort.

At the resort, we continually strive to meet and exceed our guest’s expectation, and it is therefore with regret that I have learnt of your disappointment due to the noise disturbance you had experienced whilst staying with us. The service to our guests is of paramount importance, and I am sorry that we have not met your expectations on this occasion. I would like to sincerely apologies for any inconvenience or disturbance you may have experienced. Your welcomed feedback has been shared with the management team for immediate attention and review so we can avoid similar recurrences in the future.

I can assure you that we always seek to maintain the very highest standards of quality and service, and it is our sincere hope that your recent experience will not deter you from visiting our beautiful resort on your next visit.

Imperia, Italy
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I've spent few days in there to relax and I must say that as an experienced business traveller I found very few things on which I could argue.
The only thing which I really disliked is the horrible unfinished Palm 2 which deface the beautiful sea view.
The staff is super friendly and the food is excellent (especially the breakfast).
Overall I would say: good value for money!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank franchimarco
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear franchimarco,

It was lovely to read that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. Please allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be a good value for money, as well as the food served in all the restaurants especially during breakfast which you felt was excellent.

I have noted your comments regarding the palm construction, which unfortunately is beyond our control; however I would like to express my sincere apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort caused during your stay with us.

It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise for our associates who looked after you, whom you felt were very friendly; I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Visited this hotel last year for 8 and i definitly recommend it.
The views was amazing and the beach was the fantastic staff very helpfull visit the seafood restaurants great food.
Hotel was very clean and looked after overall great experience.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tarick S
Dear Tarick I,

I was grateful to know that you had a great experience at the resort and you would also recommend us to other travelers. I do appreciate your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you felt was amazing, as well as the food served in all the restaurants especially at Divaz which you found to be fantastic.

It was also nice to read your exceptional praise for our associates who looked after you, whom you felt were helpful. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I went there with my husband, who was at a conference the same place. The hotel lobby is bright and spacious but the rooms are a bit small. From the first day we were welcomed with a smile and throughout our stay, served with a smile. The outdoor area is perfect both for relaxing/sunbathing and for activities as well as enjoying drinks and food. The other restaurants at the resort are excellent and we had some delicious dinners. Don't miss out on the Spa, what a treat.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Valhildur
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Valhildur,

I was delighted to read your positive review with regards to your experiences with us which you have kindly mentioned was extremely relaxing. Your comments in relation to the hotel’s lobby that you felt was bright and spacious, the facilities and the activities available which you enjoyed, as well as the food served in all the restaurants which you felt was excellent and delicious are highly appreciated.

It was also nice to read your exceptional praise for our associates who looked after you.. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This was our second visit to Jebel Ali and once again every box was ticked. This truly is a wonderful resort with amazing staff that really are a credit to the hotel. The all inclusive option is great value for money and the standard of restaurants/food and service are second to none. Our son (who is 7) loved the kids club. It offers lots of variety for all ages and the staff are professional and very friendly... in fact I would compare it to any high end nursery in the UK. The pools/beach and gardens are beautifully maintained and nothing is too much trouble. We have travelled extensively throughout the Caribbean and for us this place really cant be beaten. If you want a relaxing holiday in value for money luxury then look no further!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Karen745
Dear Karen745,

As a returning guest to the resort, I was happy to know that you had a wonderful holiday with us once again. Please allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be a luxurious, the All Inclusive package that you valued, the Cool Zone which you have highly praised, as well as the pool and beach that you felt were beautifully maintained.

It was also a pleasure to read your positive comments about my team who looked after you, whom you felt were a real credit to the hotel. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Derby
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Just returned from another visit (our second visit) to the Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, yet again they lived upto our expectations, hotel, food and service second to none. The staff are hard working, friendly and a credit to the hotel. With many activities available and beach location this hotel will suit all holiday makers.

We will definitely return!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barrie F
Dear Barrie F,

As a returning guest, I was delighted to read your very positive review with regards to your recent stay at the resort and I was happy to know that we met your expectations yet again. I do appreciate your positive remarks about the facilities, as well as the food and service that you received which you have kindly mentioned was second to none and have made your holiday an enjoyable one.

Please also allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay with us, whom you felt were friendly, hardworking and are credit to the hotel. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with them