“Our Second Home”

Ranked #72 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Our Second Home”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Returned to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel again for our perfect holiday which is guaranteed to please. We have been coming here for over 9 years and it never fails to get better. All restaurants are first class and you can always find a cuisine to suit as the restaurants have a different theme each night plus an Asian restaurant in Palm Tree Court. The Golf course is part of the Hotels many activities as well as tennis horse riding squash and many more, all of which have professional tuition. If you want your own suite butler service and first class accommodation try palm tree court it is ideal for families. We will be back in October after we lose the stone we put on this visit.

Room Tip: Superior Rooms are very spacious in the main Hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BB2_11
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear BB2_11,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel.

As a regular guest to the resort, I was very grateful that we are still able to manage in creating a perfect holiday for you and your family. Please allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities, the food served in all the restaurants which you have kindly rated as a first class, as well as the available activities which have enjoyed the most.

We also embrace the importance of recognising our associates’ success; and, I appreciate your kind words about my entire team. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Having stayed for 5 nights overall we were very happy with our stay. The rooms were impeccably clean and housekeeping was amazing and not at all intrusive. Two main areas that could be improved are reception staff could be friendlier and more helpful and take restaurant bookings in a more obliging manner and the main area is the efficiency of the staff at captains bar, we had to wait over 20 minutes for drinks regularly and lunch was just ridiculously slow, disorganised and lacked direction which is a shame as the food was very good. Almost 2 hours for a starter and a main at lunchtime is too slow! Also, a pool side drinks waiter service would be a nice touch. Highly recommend the all inclusive as it offers great value for money. Only other issue is that the air conditioning is so noisy.

Room Tip: Unless you spend lots of time in it, garden rooms are all that's needed.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lisajt1,

I was glad to know overall that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Please allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to resort and its facilities, the accommodation which you felt were impeccably clean and amazing, as well as the All Inclusive package which you found to be valued.

At the resort we continually strive to meet and exceed our guest expectations of providing exceptional service to our guests, and it is certainly not our intention to have any of our guests disappointed; however, it is clear that we did not meet your expectations in some areas during your stay with us. I have personally discussed the points you brought up to my attention with our management team in order to continually improve our products and services and I can assure you that emphasis is given to training in hospitality and customer service, as we strive to maintain our tradition of providing exceptional service to our guests. I am very sad that we put you through this experience which certainly was a long way from our normal standards.

I do hope that we will have an opportunity to restore your confidence in JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel and once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Yours sincerely

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Second visit to Jebel Ali and it was great! It is a short drive from the centre of Dubai but if you just want to get to a beach or pool or beautiful gardens this place could suit you. All staff are fantastic with special mention to Jouman on reception, Sunil and Antony and the team in the Mushref bar, Lawrence and Timothy on the concierge desk, silva and team at the captains bar and everyone else who made our stay so pleasant. The food was excellent but do be aware that the restaurants in the palm court area are at a premium and I am not sure I agreed with this. We still visited La Fontana and the White Orchid - they are my favourites but shooters and divaz and the sports bar and Ibn Majed are also good too. All inclusive is a must if you like a tipple. Our room overlooking the pool was spacious and the housekeeping team were discreet and dedicated to cleanliness. We had a great time. This may be an older hotel in Dubai but it still offers top class service and quality.

Room Tip: We have not been disappointed with the rooms on either of our stays. Very peaceful.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carol P
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Carol P,

It was lovely to read your review, and I was glad to know the overall that you had great holiday at the resort. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you have kindly rated as a top class in terms of service and quality, the pool and beach which you felt were beautiful, the accommodation which you found to be spacious and clean, as well as the food served in all the restaurants which you have kindly mentioned was excellent.

It was also nice to read your exceptional praise for our associates who looked after you, whom you personally acknowledged and you felt were fantastic and made your stay pleasant. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us on TripAdvisor and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Nice enough hotel, good food, great service but way too noisy for what we had planned as a relaxing holiday and there's lots of private functions.
3 main issues during our 5 day stay; the first night we arrived about 10pm, unpacked and thought we'd pop out for a quick drink, only to be told that the hotel bar had been hired out for a corporate function and that therefore there was nowhere for residents to get a drink!
Second night, The Beach Club had been hired out for a corporate event which was so loud that our room was vibrating. Around midnight, we went to reception and got moved to Palm Tree Court (which is lovely) but you could still hear the music despite being further away and it went on until late.
Day 4, The Beach Club was again hired out for a private function (a Hindu Festival we were told) which involved very loud Bangra music with a series of very excitable MC's from 11am until about 11pm. This ruined our day on the beach, ruined my evening golf and was even a distraction at dinner when you could still clearly hear the music despite being inside a restaurant, inside a hotel!
Nice resort but I left feeling that the focus is more on private events than paying guests.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chris R
Dear Chris R,

I was grateful to know that you had enjoyed the food served in all the restaurants which you found to be good and great service which you received from my team.

I was however disappointed to read that we were unable to meet your expectation on this occasion. I would like to express my sincerest apologies for the noise disturbance you had experienced whilst staying with us. Please rest assured that your valuable feedback has been shared with the management team for review, and it is our sincere hope that despite your recent experience, this will not deter you from visiting our resort on your next visit.

Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I love Dubai and have returned each time to the wonderful Jebel Ali beach hotel. I just would not consider another hotel in Dubai. I have stayed there 3 times and am planning my return trip again for this summer.
The standards are first class, you really do get 5 star service.
The rooms are spacious and clean, I have received an upgrade each time we have returned!
The staff are very friendly and accommodating, nothing is too much trouble.
There are restaurants to suit all tastes and budgets but where ever you choose to eat the quality is excellent.
Although further out of the city the free bus service gets you to the malls easily and from there taxis are easy to catch to wherever you want to go.
The grounds are superb and not a blade of grass out of place. The same can be said for the beach.
The Spa is a must when visiting although after a week at the jebel you wont need a massage to relax because you will leave feeling wonderful.
I would fully recommend this hotel, and look forward to returning in August this year

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Siobhan P
Dear Siobhan P,

As our returning guest, it was really nice to read your very detailed and candid review. I was also glad to know that you had a perfect holiday with us once again, and to know that you will revisit us again in upcoming summer.

Please allow me to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resort and its facilities which you have highly rated, the accommodation which you felt was spacious and clean, the food served in all the restaurants which you have kindly mentioned was excellent, as well as the Spa which you enjoyed the most.

It was nice to read the praises you have written about my team who looked after you, whom you felt were very friendly, and accommodating, on which I am very thankful for. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to welcoming you back to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel in the near future.

Your sincerely,

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I'd never been to Dubai before and my partner treated us both to a week at a 5* hotel in January and then another week at the Jebel Ali in March. He has stayed at the Jebel Ali on his own 4 times before and has enjoyed it each time.

I won't name the first hotel but suffice to say it was a very nice break but it didn't compare with the friendliness of the Jebel Ali. The space around the Jebel Ali is wonderful - lots of grassy areas to walk around plus the stables and animal area not to mention the many peacocks wandering around the grounds. There's also the marina and the beach, plus the many friendly staff in the bars and restaurants. If you're looking for a bit of privacy whilst sunbathing, this is the hotel for you - there's plenty of space around your sunbeds if you chose the grass area to relax in, plus another advantage is it's very close to the Captain's Bar which also has a wonderful restaurant. The staff are so welcoming and I just have to name some of them....Josiah, Deep, Silva, Robert, Manjula to name just a few plus the Manager Leslie who was wonderful with my difficult food requests and came up with some wonderful fresh salads which weren't on the menu!

Would I go back? You bet!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cheshirecat6221
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Cheshirecat6221,

I was delighted to know that you had a wonderful holiday with us, and we had managed to meet your expectations once again on this occasion.

Please allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resorts and its facilities, as well as the beach area which you have enjoyed the most.

We embrace the importance of recognising our associates needs and successes, therefore, I appreciate your kind words about my entire team, some of whom you have personally acknowledged. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Just got back from our second stay at the Jebel Ali Beach Hotel and it was again fantastic. The staff were magnificent, from the cleaners to the front of house, everyone went out of their way to be pleasant and helpful. Nef, at the Peacock Lounge was great, always smiling and helpful.
The food is really amazing, not your usual 'all inclusive' buffet. We've done that before in other resorts and by the end of the week you've just can't face it again. None of that here. So many restaurants to choose from, with a la carte menus, that you can always have something different. They understood and all coped well with my dietary requirements (Coeliac) and Gluten Free bread was provided, making dining easy. The All inclusive option is definitely worth it, all those cocktails (Cosmopolitans, Mojitos, Martinis, Daiquri to name just a few) and branded drinks (Gordons, Smirnoff, Bailies, Kronenbourg, Fosters etc) Even the new restrictions of 'only' one starter, one main and one dessert at each meal is fine. Who needs more than 3 x 3 course meals a day? And no wrist band to annoy you all week. You just sign for everything and it doesn't appear on your bill! Loved Divaz seafood restaurant, on the boat, the sports bar with food all day and premier league matches, Shooters restaurant, the Spa, the beach and watersports. In fact, love it all.
Already looking at when we can go back again.

Room Tip: The executive suites on 5th floor are twice the size of the garden and seaview rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank RubyDraper
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear RubyDraper,

As our returning guest, I was delighted to read your very positive review and to know that you had a fantastic holiday at the resort once again. I would like to thank you for your positive remarks with regards to the resort and its facilities, the food and beverages served in all the restaurants which you found to be amazing especially at Divaz restaurant, the All Inclusive package which you valued, as well as the activities which you really loved it.

It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise for our associates who looked after you, whom you personally acknowledged and you felt were magnificent, pleasant, and helpful; I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.