JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
3,718 results
All reviewscaptains barall inclusive packagewhite orchidla traviatapalm tree courtpeacock loungemushref barsports cafeshooting cluba garden view roomshooting rangea la carte restaurantselemis toiletriesdubai centregreat holidaycourtesy busthe main hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My wife and I have just returned from this superb hotel, we stayed for five days in room 238. This hotel has everything we wanted for a relaxing break. Really nice pool areas and really close to a fabulous beach. We went all inclusive and cannot recommend it highly enough, the food is amazing in every restaurant in the hotel. The staff are clearly very well trained and without exception are professional and always smiling, how they put up with the arrogance of some of the guests is amazing! The cleaners were also great, the place is spotless.A wonderful stay which we will definetly be repeating. Unfortunately the placing of towels on sun beds before breakfast has reached Dubai and we can't keep blaming other nations anymore! Luckily there are hundreds of beds but even so it's still strange. Great holiday at great place.

• Stayed: April 2014
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Kent7164,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel.

I was grateful to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. Please allow me to thank you equally for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be superb, the swimming pool and beach areas which you felt were fabulous, the All Inclusive package that you opted to, as well as the amazing food that you enjoyed.in all the restaurants.

We also embrace the importance of recognising our associate’s success and, I appreciate your kind words about my entire team, who you felt were well trained, always smiling and professional. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We recently stayed at the Jebel Ali for 11 nights over Easter and overall it proved an excellent choice set out in peaceful surroundings yet with easy and cheap connections to the city and Marina - best of both worlds.

As a family of 5 we were able to have two interconnecting rooms with our three children each having their own bed. The rooms are of average size and balconies are small because back when this hotel was built people probably considered it rather bizarre to want to sit out in such intense heat! Air conditioning worked (a little too well sometimes) and was a welcome relief on our short visits to the room.

We flew to Abu Dhabi and despite arrivals being extremely slow we were at the Jebel within about 45mins, no city traffic.

The whole place is absolutely immaculate. Our rooms were well serviced plenty of lovely Elemis shampoo etc and staff were extremely helpful in providing us anything we needed.

The kids club was great. It provided a lovely relief from the heat for our 5 year old who enjoyed the varied programme of activities and different nationality staff. Not a huge amount to do for kids10+ in terms of organised games but our boys enjoyed the kayaks, golf and sailing and gathered most afternoons for a game of football, making friends with other pre-teen lads. The guys in the water sports area were very professional offering tuition in various water sports. The chill zone was also a better choice for them as activities in the cool zone weren't really 'cool' for 10+. The small animal area and stables are also a nice touch and unique to this hotel.

We were all-inclusive which for the 5 of us was an excellent option. Drinks and food are pretty expensive. We were really pleased with the quality of all of the restaurants we ate and service was exceptional in the main Jebel restaurant with some lovely staff who really made the holiday for our little girl who was poorly during our stay in particular Atyiad (?). We ended up eating in the main buffet restaurants most evenings as it worked best for us time wise and there was plenty of choice for everyone, with themes changing every night.

Pools were ok, though without the use of the Palm pools space and choice is now limited, with people putting towels out pretty early for a poolside spot. Plenty of beds and umbrellas all around though so this wasn't a problem for us. The main Jebel pool was also closed one afternoon for the Manager's cocktail evening to be set up. Now, the evening was fabulous however, as a good will gesture, I do feel we should have been allowed to use the pools at the Palm (particularly as those guests were also invited to cocktails).

We enjoyed a water taxi ride up the coast and many cheap taxi trips to various attractions including Atlantis, Marina and Dubai Mall etc. Given the choice of waking up in a massive uber-glam hotel looking at high rise buildings and traffic or waking up to a friendly, relaxed, clean peaceful hotel with a view across a golf course and only seeing all the hustle and bustle of the city when we wanted to - I'd pick the jebel. Having said that, if this is your first visit to UAE Dubai is not the place you go for a quaint, pretty and peaceful break. It is essentially a dessert which is ever evolving and wherever you look you will most likely see some evidence of construction! It is a unique and quite amazing place!

Room Tip: Palm Tree court looks lovely, if your budget permits and gives you a balcony or garden space.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank menmyboys

Dear menmyboys,

Our underlying principle is to be recognised for our heartfelt hospitality and I was happy to know that you had an excellent holiday with us during the festive season.

Please allow me to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resort and its facilities which you rated as a good family value, the room amenities which you received upon arrival, the available activities which your kids enjoyed the most, the All Inclusive package that you opted to as well as the quality food served in all the restaurants which you felt was exceptional.

As we endeavour to maintain our tradition of creating memorable experiences, it was lovely to read your positive comments about my team, whom you personally acknowledge and that you felt were lovely and made your stay holiday enjoyable. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

First time at Jebel Al stayed for 14 nights from 10th April. We normally stay within the Jumeriah complex, but had become disillusioned bcecause of the number of restrictions now placed on the dine around packages, so decided on recommendation to try somewhere different on an all inclusive basis. We were a family two adults and a ten year old son.

We were a bit disappointed on arrival after a long overnight flight as we found the front of house staff not very welcoming. No towels or cool drink on arrival. We had asked if possible could we have our room early. I had even e mailed three weeks making the request before we arrived, but the response was only if you pay for it and that was the same for any beverages or food before midday. For the minimal cost to the hotel and the length of our stay we thought that was the least they could do.

Having got our room it was well appointed and although not as big as the rooms in Jumeriah it was fine for the little time we spent in it.

We found all of the different food venues excellent and the quality and standard on a par if not better than Jumeriah. We would particularly like to mention The Captains bar. There have been a number of reviews commenting about the service, but we found that although this got busy at times the staff worked tirelessly to provide an excellent service, sometimes there was a short delay but the food was outstanding. I would say that I witnessed some of the guests talking to some of the staff as if they were something they trod in and were very rude. I would not have been as polite and restrained. So well done !! A special mention for Singhman and Robert, but to all of the staff a big thank you. Also a big thank you to the staff at Pilatos Pool for your excellent service as well.

Our son found other kids to play with and he was off playing in the pool or football or in Chill club “it was great” in his words. He wants to say thanks to the Sports Bar staff who kept him company in the mornings while he did his homework, while we were in the gym.

The gym had clean functional equipment. It had all that we needed.

This hotel is nearly 35 years old and was one of the first built in Dubai. No, it has not got the glitzy of some of the newer hotels, however it was clean and the grounds well-kept and very pleasant. We loved it......

We found the all inclusive package to be good value for us. Our son could have as many milk shakes as he wanted !! Perhaps a few more premium spirts could be included in the package but that would be my only critisism.

Except our arrival experience .All of the staff were very friendly and very helpful and couldn’t do enough for you.

Yes, we will be going back later in the year. We had a great holiday……………………………..

Room Tip: We spent very little time in it so had a garden view which was fine for us.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Spod1

Dear Spod1,

I was pleased to know that you had a great holiday with us and I do appreciate your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities, the quality of food served in all the restaurants, the kids activities which your son enjoyed the most, as well as the All Inclusive package which you value.

I have noted your feedback in relation to your arrival experience, and I would like to extend my sincere apology for any shortfall in service on this occasion I would also like to thank yo for bringing this to my attention and rest assured your comments have been shared with the Director of Front Office for immediate attention and action in order to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.

Please allow me to thank you for your positive remarks about my entire team, some of whom you have personally acknowledged and that you felt were very friendly and helpful. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This was my 4th visit to to the Jebel Ali Beach hotel. After my last visit I wrote (Tripadvisor & the GM ) and complained about what seemed to be a very low moral with the staff in the dining room, apart from the hostesses there were no, smiles, "good mornings" served cold tea and coffee every morning. I am glad to say that that has all changed, on this occasion I had booked half board all the staff in the dining room were as they should be, very cheerful mannerly and helpful, that was also the case in the sports bar & hall and the White Orchid lounge. The men with the golf buggies are always happy to help with any request and cheerful.The beach and garden staff are the same, very helpful. The standard rooms and bathrooms remain to be too small and the balconies are absolutely tiny, but there is nothing they can do about that.Perhaps next time I will book an apartment. I was quite offended when told that 2 of the swimming pools are not available to the hotel guests and guessed that the reason was because they had built another 5 apartment blocks .I would advise management to mention that fact on the hotel website because that may easily put guests from returning to the hotel if they have children. I also noted that the guests complimentary "Cocktail hour" on Wednesday evenings has been been stopped. I always thought that was a very nice gesture. NOW my one major complaint on my visit was the service at at he Captains Bar on the beach. There are plenty staff there most of the time, but they make it look as if they are overwhelmed by the amount of requests they get from the guests, all rushing around and making what should be a very relaxing atmosphere listening to a band or background music a pleasure. On one evening we arrived in time to listen to the band playing their last few songs. The waiter pounced on us for our order which was 2 pints of Heineken beer. 2 Pints arrived allright but were as flat as still water (and I know from owning a bar for 10 years) the reason why. I left most of one of the pints and took the other to the barman to complain and asked for a freshly poured pint of Heineken to which he answered we don't have Heineken in this bar either Fosters or Carlsberg. That is not the kind of service I expect, the waiter who took the order should have told us there was no Heineken. The following day we had 2 Strawberry milk shakes from the same bar and there were pieces on silver paper in both if them. When I returned them I did not even get an apology and he only replaced one of them. That bar is out of bounds for us from now on.

Room Tip: Rooms with a seaview are not worth the extra expense
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RiccardoEdinburgh
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear RiccardoEdinBurgh,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent visit at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel.

As we are committed to making a difference and creating memorable experiences for all our guests, I was glad to know that we have improved our services in some areas comparatively on this occasion.

Recently, our hotels have been segmented within the resort giving each hotel its own dedicated space, privacy and package. Each hotel has various access areas and will therefore be presented as two separate properties. Due to this implementation, accessibility to certain areas and facilities will change. Therefore, I have learnt of your disappointment about the current changes that we have made at the resort. I would like to inform you that we do mentioned the details on our website and It is our aim to always provide the highest level of service to all our guests and to be flexible where possible. We will constantly monitor the feedback that we received over the coming months.

I have noted your comments in relation to the room size. Due to the design and size of the rooms in JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, you may wish to consider for future visits, to stay in our JA Palm Tree Court accommodation, where the balconies and the room size are more spacious.

It is with great disappointment I read your feedback about the level of service that you received from my team at the Captain’s Bar which was not to your satisfaction. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience on this occasion and may I take this opportunity to reassure you that we always take all feedback on our customer service very seriously, which as a hotel we invest greatly in the training of all our associates. I would also like to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and please rest assured that I have personally discussed your feedback with our Food and Beverage Manager for immediate attention and action in order to avoid similar recurrences in the future. I can assure you that we always seek to maintain the very highest standards of quality and service, and it is our sincere hope that your recent experience will not deter you from visiting our beautiful resort on your next visit.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us on TripAdvisor and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I had been here in 2011 (but Tripadvisor doesn't allow this term and we have to choose one) and I recommend this hotel as a good compromise between price and quality. Service was EXCELLENT in restaurant,pool bar or room.
For us also location is perfect and I love that the hotel is quite place with no silly entertainment during the day or night or lound music at the night.
Maybe only rooms could be a little big bigger.
Even staffs were helpful and nice to help with taxi or tickets for attractions.
We used their w-end,Friday and Saturday for city trips as hotel used to be full by locals or people working in Emirates.
I love UAE,because they have the best service and local people are very nice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dontask_GabrielaK

Dear Letsseeit2013,

I was delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and that you would recommend us to to other travellers which I really appreciate. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be excellent, as well as the resort location which you felt was perfect.

It was also genuinely moving to read your exceptional praise for our associates who attended after you during your stay with us, whom you felt were helpful. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on.