My husband and I have stayed here for two weeks in May for the last four years and have always had the most enjoyable time - this year was no exception!
We arrived at breakfast time and were able to get our room key within 2 hours which gave us time to unpack and change before going to lunch at Captains - something that we always look forward to for months in advance!
It was slightly different this year as we could no longer access the buffet at La Fontana and the White Orchid was not part of the all-inclusive package any more either. We were also not able to use 2 of the pools from previous years.
We had booked our stay 9 months in advance when these were still part of the package and I only discovered the changes by chance a few weeks before departure (thanks to TA!) - so a black mark against our travel operator for not giving us that information!
I also read on here that some guests in the same position as us had brought it to the attention of management and were permitted to access all services under the circumstances - we never thought about doing that - but it wasn't such a big deal really.
The removal of these amenities from Jebel Ali guests do give a slight feeling of 'us and them' and, in all honesty, we didn't really see the point of the changes.
Yes, guests at Palm Tree are paying higher prices but they are getting higher quality accommodation for that - maybe they could get other extras such as free room service or free mini-bar instead of trying to separate the site unnaturally.
The split between the 2 hotels feels rather awkward and contrived and the layout of the whole complex doesn't lend itself easily to the segregation - the two parts don't flow together well anymore.
However, it didn't impact on us to any great degree - it is still a fabulous place to visit, to relax and enjoy a perfect holiday. There is plenty of space everywhere and no-one should be dissatisfied with the quantity and quality of restaurants available. Yet again, the food and dining experience was amazing - so exceptional on an all-inclusive package - it surely cannot be beaten!
I also have to compliment again the high standards of service from all staff around the resort. There were lots of new faces this year but Vincent was still most helpful in putting up our parasols every day and we had such friendly and helpful service from Josiah (take it easy!) at Captains - thank you! Another 'thank you' also to Jerome at the Sports Bar for his attentiveness.
Just had to mention though that we were very surprised at how the carrion birds - crows, rooks etc. have been able to completely take over the complex! In previous years we saw various unusual birds - hoopoe, minah birds, parrots - as we sat on our sunbeds on the grass near Captains. This year we only saw one hoopoe and hardly any of the others - they have been driven out by these awful, noisy, black crows. Every day we wondered why they couldn't be culled in some way! They could also be a nuisance at lunchtime in Captains - although not helped when occasional guests decided to feed them - but they have really over-run now. We also thought that not as many peacocks were walking around that area now as have been in the past - again we felt that they were also being driven out - such a shame.
We decided not to leave it so long before our return visit so have already booked another 2 week stay for September and are now waiting for the prices to be released for next May - confirmation that, in our opinion, this really is a wonderful destination - one that we hope to return to for many years to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the golden shores of the Arabian Gulf, the Jebel Ali Beach Hotel at the award-winning Jebel Ali Golf Resort features 231 standard rooms and suites over 5 floors. In addition to the palm-lined private beach and temperature-controlled swimming pools, the resort also features a 9-hole golf course with golf academy, 80-berth marina, horse riding stables, a variety of different restaurants and bars and The Spa, a purpose-built wellness facility overlooking the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Destinology, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jebel Ali Golf Hotel Dubai
- Jebel Ali Golf Resort And Spa
- Jebel Ali Hotel Dubai
- Jebel Ali Golf Resort Spa