“Our fourth happy stay!”

Ranked #72 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
North of England
“Our fourth happy stay!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I have stayed here for two weeks in May for the last four years and have always had the most enjoyable time - this year was no exception!
We arrived at breakfast time and were able to get our room key within 2 hours which gave us time to unpack and change before going to lunch at Captains - something that we always look forward to for months in advance!
It was slightly different this year as we could no longer access the buffet at La Fontana and the White Orchid was not part of the all-inclusive package any more either. We were also not able to use 2 of the pools from previous years.
We had booked our stay 9 months in advance when these were still part of the package and I only discovered the changes by chance a few weeks before departure (thanks to TA!) - so a black mark against our travel operator for not giving us that information!
I also read on here that some guests in the same position as us had brought it to the attention of management and were permitted to access all services under the circumstances - we never thought about doing that - but it wasn't such a big deal really.
The removal of these amenities from Jebel Ali guests do give a slight feeling of 'us and them' and, in all honesty, we didn't really see the point of the changes.
Yes, guests at Palm Tree are paying higher prices but they are getting higher quality accommodation for that - maybe they could get other extras such as free room service or free mini-bar instead of trying to separate the site unnaturally.
The split between the 2 hotels feels rather awkward and contrived and the layout of the whole complex doesn't lend itself easily to the segregation - the two parts don't flow together well anymore.
However, it didn't impact on us to any great degree - it is still a fabulous place to visit, to relax and enjoy a perfect holiday. There is plenty of space everywhere and no-one should be dissatisfied with the quantity and quality of restaurants available. Yet again, the food and dining experience was amazing - so exceptional on an all-inclusive package - it surely cannot be beaten!
I also have to compliment again the high standards of service from all staff around the resort. There were lots of new faces this year but Vincent was still most helpful in putting up our parasols every day and we had such friendly and helpful service from Josiah (take it easy!) at Captains - thank you! Another 'thank you' also to Jerome at the Sports Bar for his attentiveness.
Just had to mention though that we were very surprised at how the carrion birds - crows, rooks etc. have been able to completely take over the complex! In previous years we saw various unusual birds - hoopoe, minah birds, parrots - as we sat on our sunbeds on the grass near Captains. This year we only saw one hoopoe and hardly any of the others - they have been driven out by these awful, noisy, black crows. Every day we wondered why they couldn't be culled in some way! They could also be a nuisance at lunchtime in Captains - although not helped when occasional guests decided to feed them - but they have really over-run now. We also thought that not as many peacocks were walking around that area now as have been in the past - again we felt that they were also being driven out - such a shame.
We decided not to leave it so long before our return visit so have already booked another 2 week stay for September and are now waiting for the prices to be released for next May - confirmation that, in our opinion, this really is a wonderful destination - one that we hope to return to for many years to come.

3 Thank scorching
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear scorching,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel.

As our regular guest, it is with great pleasure to have read your very detailed review with regards to your stay with us and to know that you had a happy stay with us once again.

Please allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards the resort and its facilities which you found to be fabulous, the quality of food served in all the restaurants which you felt was amazing, as well as the All Inclusive packaged that you opted to

We are committed to making a difference and creating memorable experiences for all our guests. I have noted your disappointment about the current changes that we have made at the resort. We have now started to focus on positioning the two hotels individually and this does indeed include the separation of certain facilities and we will monitor the feedback that we get over the coming months.

At the resort we continually strive to meet and exceed our guest expectations of providing exceptional service to our guests, and it is therefore with regret that I learned of your comments in regards to the presence of crows. I would like to inform you that we are very much aware of this issue and have worked on this, with limited success due to the nature of the birds of this kind. During last year we appointed external specialist company to help us with this issue and following our guests’ feedback we are currently looking at different solution to this problem and hopefully you will see an improvement the next time you visit.

We also embrace the importance of recognising our associate’s success, and I appreciate your kind words about my entire team, some whom you have personally acknowledged and whom you felt were friendly, helpful and attentive. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel in September.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Our first visit to Dubai. Stayed 30th May - 6th June - celebrating our Ruby Wedding Anniversary on 1st June. WOW! what an absolute brilliant relaxing holiday. The reception staff on our arrival very professional and polite. The food was a different menu every day - a different area of the world. All the food was fabulous our thanks must go to the Senior Sous Chef Abdellatif Aitba Abderrahmane who made a point of coming over every day asking for our opinion on the food. Everything was delicious. A special thanks must go to the Sunset Lounge staff Sunjal and Andrew and in the dining room staff Stephanie, Martin and the Restaurant Manager. To the Captains Table a special thanks to Robert. A special thanks also for the up-grade and our anniversary cake. Gift shop staff, cleaning staff and porters are very approachable and pleasant.

Room Tip: Sea View has a loveley balcony and view
1 Thank 804kated804
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear 804kate804,

We provide an environment which captures the generous spirit of heartfelt hospitality and casual luxury where it reflects our value of making a difference by creating memorable experiences for all our guests. I was pleased to know that you and your wife decided to celebrate your ruby wedding anniversary with us and that we managed to meet your expectations in making your celebration a wonderful and memorable one.

Please allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be beautiful, as well as the food served in all the restaurants which you felt was fabulous and delicious.

I would also like to thank you for your praise for our associates who looked after you during your stay with us, some of whom you have personally acknowledged. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to JA Jebel Ali Golf Resort and in the near future.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed ant the Jebel Ali from the 14th May until the 24th May we went to celebrate our Ruby Wedding Anniversary which was the 18th May and all this information was on our booking from our travel agent. Upon arrival we have to say we did not find the reception staff pleasant or helpful. When we got to the room it was very basic and small and a bit dated, also the balcony was so small there was absolutely no room for any chairs.
I personally went and met with Alexandra who was on the facilities desk at reception to ask her if she could arrange for us to have breakfast on the beach, this was to be a surprise for my Husband, she said NO!! but go to the sports café and there will be wine or champagne there on arrival, and their would be flowers in our room, we went to the Shooters Restaurant for dinner that evening and there would be a cake.
I have to say I did not find her a bit pleasant or helpful and certainly no customer service skills. Briefly when we got to the sports bar there was no wine/champagne, when we went back to the room there was a small bunch of flowers plonked in a vause (looked like they had come from a garage) and no wine or champagne!!! In the evening we went to Shooters and had a very nice meal but no cake for us!!! but there was one for another table to celebrate a birthday in their party.
All in all it was all very disappointing and I was quite prepared to pay for a special breakfast or dinner and it wasn't until after our anniversary that we realised we could of had dinner on the beach and paid for it which we would of been happy to do.
The following morning I went and explained all this to the duty Manager and I made the point this was not about money it was about a special day for us both. He was very apologetic and asked what he could do but there was no point the following day he did however put a bottle of Prosecco not champagne!!! in the restaurant were we had dinner on the 19th May Personally if that was my business I would question the reception staffs approach and theRussian Girl Alexandra as I am not sure if she did it all on purpose or NOT!!!!
On the positive the food was excellent and all the staff in the restaurants, bars and on the beach were so pleasant, we would re visit due to the high standard of the food but if any one is visiting for a special occasion don't bother!!!!!!

5 Thank Hilary S
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Hilary S,

I was delighted to know that you and your wife decided to celebrate your ruby wedding anniversary with us; however I was most disappointed to know that we have fallen short in many areas, and that we did not met your expectations in any way on this occasion.

I would like to offer you my sincere apology for putting you through this embarrassing situation and and I can assure you that this is not a true reflection of our usual standards of service. I have personally discussed the points that you brought to my attention with the respective department heads for continual improvement and in order to avoid such shortcomings in the future.

I would also like to thank you for your compliments and praise for the associates who looked after you during your stay. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We arrived on the 21st of may and will be leaving on the 2nd june. We always book the 5th floor as you get a little seating area where you can have tea coffee and a light breakfast . The staff on this floor always greet us with open arms. Nothing is a problem from making you a drink through to booking attractions and restaurants. We normally have a superior garden view room. On our arival we was told that they were carringing out maintenance works to the rear garden areas and wouldnt want us to look out on this so they upgraded us to room 501 a sea view suite free of charge. They have also made changes regarding access to certain restaurants that you can use when all inclusive. We was not advised this when rebooking through an agency so this was reinstated as an exception at this time. In my opinion this is a shame that these have been taken out of the package but would make no different to anyone new that is thinking of booking up as they wouldnt know any different. This package is still avalible if you stay in palm tree court. The food is still exellent aswell as the service. All of the staff are great. Abit of advice you do need to book the restaurants up in advance or you will miss out on certain venues. Although we knew this we have missed out on a couple of restaurants as they are fully booked. We knew this and can only blame ourselves.yet again a big thankyou to all staff especialy to those on the 5th floor. Nef, Zin,Noor and the managers who went over and above their duty to make our stay perfect. This resort is great for all, families.couples. Mr and Mrs Bennett

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Scott B
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Sacott B,

As a regular visitor to the resort I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the resort, its facilities, the accommodation, as well as the food and the service that you have enjoyed across the resort.

I would also like to thank you for your praise for my associates who looked after you during your stay with us, some of whom you have personally acknowledged. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort and in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here overnight as we attended a social event here that ended quite late. Very nice property and well maintained. Morning breakfast included in our bed and breakfast rate was as good as any in Dubai. Large beach, marina next door and a great golf course. We will plan a longer stay sometime soon.

1 Thank professorDubai
Dear professorDubai,

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I was extremely pleased to read that you had a very good stay with us. I would also like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort and its facilities, the golf course, as well as the quality of the food and beverage that you enjoyed in our restaurant, which you felt were good.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to JA Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We are those people who always check out trip advisor before we decide to book anywhere. This was our third time to Dubai the first being Jumeriah Beach and then the Meridian. Although they were great hotels they did not compare to what we found at Jebel Ali! Granted the drive into the hotel is not pretty buy hey once in who cares. The place was immaculate! Check in staff were very friendly and helpful the room was small but had everything you needed (and as people say how much time do you spend in your room?)
We chose the all inclusive package as we have found to our cost before how expensive drinks and food at the other hotels were. We were not disappointed. Food in all the restaurants was fantastic and there was no scrimping on quality or being offered wine during your meal. Service was great in every aspect of the hotel.
We have travelled a great deal through our lives but this is the first time we feel compelled to write a review on trip advisor because we were so pleasantly surprised (although we shouldn´t have been after reading the reviews) and have always been of the opinion that if you have a good time at a hotel you have never been to before never go back as it will never be emulated, but in this case we will because cannot find a single fault with anything.
Well done to each and every one of the staff who always had a smile on their faces. You sure put some of the top hotels to shame.
Have recommended the hotel to my daughter and her husband with their two children for next year for her 40th and hope they invite us, if not we will creep in anyway!!

3 Thank youngretirees2014
Dear youngretirees2014,

I am extremely pleased to know that you had an excellent stay with us, and that you enjoyed the All Inclusive package. I was equally happy to know that you have highly recommended us to your daughter for her 40th Birthday. I would like to thank you for your very kind words in relation to the resort and its facilities, the standard service which you have kindly mentioned that were great, as well as the selection of food that you enjoyed in our restaurant that you have kindly mentioned were fantastic!

I do also appreciate positive comments for my team who looked after you during your stay with us. I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to personally welcoming you and your family back to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed at Palm Tree Court for 7 nights for a stay-cation. We are expat residents of Dubai. We had an amazing week in beautiful surroundings and it felt like we got away from Dubai even though we live 20 minutes up the road. We tried almost all the options for lunch and dining around the resort and everything was perfect. We kept being surprised at how good the food was. We also went for dinner on Bateaux Dubai and it was a classy and unexpected outing. All round, I cant really think of anything to fault. We would definitely stay again and would come back to the Thai Restaurant for sure.

Room Tip: definitely go for the palm tree court, its worth the extra price
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Alison S,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at JA Palm Tree Court.

Our resort is set on the golden shores of the Arabian Gulf and features its own private beach, giving a fantastic access to a lot of facilities and activities. I was extremely happy to know that you had an amazing stay with us and please allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be beautiful, as well as the food served in all the restaurants which you felt was perfect especially at the White Orchid restaurant.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Palm Tree Court in the near future.