“brilliant place”

Ranked #71 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“brilliant place”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

this is a beautiful clean hotel with courteous staff. the food was first class and we choose the half board option so we could explore. the rooms are immaculate so is the site and the area outside. will definitely come again. lots of families stay here and the beach is divine.

Room Tip: All rooms have views across the marina and sea.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rux2014
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear EdTM,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at JA Palm Tree Court.

Your very candid and positive review has left a happy grin on my face, and I would like to take this opportunity to personally wish you a belated “Happy Silver Wedding Anniversary”. At the resort we always strive to meet our guest’s expectations, and indeed we had managed to deliver exceptional service on this occasion, as we endeavour to maintain our tradition of creating memorable experiences.

Please allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities, the services you received, the quality of food served in all the restaurants which you found to be the best, the accommodation which you felt was spacious, as well as the available activities which you enjoyed.

Making our guests comfortable and able to feel at home away from home is really a remarkable achievement for my entire team. I will definitely ensure to pass on your compliments to them.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Palm Tree Court in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My Husband and I stayed here in September 2012. The hotel was immaculate, the food was fantastic, and the staff where to polite and friendly. Even though the hotel was going through a refurb at the time of our stay, the noise was kept to a minimum and you wouldnt even have been able to tell there was construction going on yards away. The Spa was gorgeous and very relaxing, My husband played a couple games of golf and commented the course was in excellent condition. Wouldnt think twice about booking this hotel again - top class service!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maxine1208
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Maxine1208,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel.

Our underlying principle is to be recognised for our heartfelt hospitality, and I was delighted to know that you a fantastic stay with us. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be immaculate, the food served in all the restaurants which you enjoyed, as well as the available activities which you have kindly mentioned were gorgeous and excellent.

We also embrace the importance of recognising our associate’s success, and I appreciate your kind words about my entire team, whom you felt were polite and friendly. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel in the near future

Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed for two weeks in July'13, wanted a good hotel on an all inclusive basis with guaranteed sunshine. I wasn't disappointed an any account. We booked the best room possible and practically had two suites on the top floor with its own check in facilities and private lounge. Had stunning views over the pool, beach and ocean. The staff are superb and particular thanks to the beach guy who doesn't stop all day - he won't let you sort your own beach bed out - part of the service with a smile. He was a pleasure to meet! The food was brilliant and trips to the steak house fantastic, loved every minute of it. The weather as you can imagine was amazing and my son loved being able to use the swim up bars and get his own supply of magnum ice creams. Have checked out prices to return this July but they have hiked by an additional 2k so now an 8k hol - going to Sensatori Sharm to try and capture the same thing for less. We will see!

Room Tip: All rooms have a tiny balcony so don't expect to be sitting out on it - standing room only. The...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KMCD1776
Dear KMCD1776,

We provide an environment which captures the generous spirit of heartfelt hospitality and casual luxury where it reflects our value of making a difference by creating memorable experiences for all our guests. I was pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and I do appreciate your positive comments with regards to the resort and its facilities, the accommodation which you felt was stunning, as well as the brilliant food served in all the restaurants especially at Shooters.

It was also very pleased to read your comments about my team, who looked after you during your stay with us, whom you felt were brilliant. I will of course share your praise with them.

I look forward to having the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Tornesch, Germany
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed with the whole Family for 5 days and enjoyed our stay. The rooms are spacious, clean, beds are good. From the balcony we had a good view over the pool area and beach. A bottle of water is offered every day. The breakfast was fabulous, I have never seen a better selection of different meals from all over the world. We did not us other restaurants in the hotel. The garden with 2 pools (+2 additional for special arrangements) was well maintained with plenty of space either near the pools, on the beach or on the grass. There are plenty of water sports activities available (surfing, kiting, kayak, sailing etc) – which we did not use.
The only downside of this place is the remote area. We had a rental car, which is recommended. Plenty of parking is available directly in front of the hotel. Driving time to Marina approx. 15 mins, to Dubai Mall approx. 40 mins. There is nothing (restaurants, shops) outside the Hotel, so you need to drive. However, the hotel offers a free shuttle service – but without a car you are limited to the times of the shuttle service.

Consider this Hotel if you want to save some money compared to the Jumeirah Beach Residences but still want to stay on the Beach and if the remote area is not a problem for you.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dr.Floyd
Dear Dr.Floyd,

It is with great pleasure to read your very detailed review with regards to your stay with us. I was glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Please allow me to thank you with regards to the resort and its facilities, the accommodation which you found to be spacious, as well as the varieties of food served in all the restaurants especially during breakfast which you felt was fabulous.

I was sorry to read your comments with regards to the resort location. I would like to inform you that many of our guests enjoy the location which offers space and tranquility, and set on the golden shores of the Arabian Gulf and features its own private beach, giving a fantastic access to a lot of facilities and activities.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us on TripAdvisor and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Whilst not our first trip to Dubai, we chose Jebel Ali for it's all inclusive option. Having experienced all inclusive packages in the Caribbean, I have to say this is truly 5 star all inclusive. The choice of food and drinks was excellent, even the buffet offered high quality menu's. We opted for a superior room on the 5th floor, whilst more expensive certainly worth the cost. The rooms are double the size of normal and very we'll furnished, with the additional benefit of the peacock lounge, a room with breakfast, drinks and snacks available through the day. There is a also a small reception area, where staff will make dinner reservations, book activities, organise taxi's etc. we found all the staff to be very professional and friendly, but reserve special mention for Zin on the 5th floor, who was brilliant, no request too difficult with everything dealt with in a friendly and efficient manner. The restaurants offer good variation, I would suggest making reservations early as not to miss out. The hotel is located away from the main city, however the hotel lay on free buses to Atlantis, Dubai mall, Emirates mall plus others, also Government taxis (beige in colour) are reasonable value, Burj khalifa to the hotel less than £20. Airport to the hotel less than £30. We were advised that maintenance work would be ongoing at the front of the hotel and due to the inconvenience we could visit the white orchid restaurant (not normally part of all inclusive) located in the palm court hotel. Previous reviews have mentioned that all facilities were available for all residence, however 2 of the 4 pools are reserved for Palm tree court guests only along with the White Orchid. The 2 pools available are reasonable in size, the main pool does drop to 3metres plus in parts which seems unnecessary so non swimmers/children need to be aware. The swim up pool bar offers a good option of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks along with premium ice creams, Vijay was very friendly, remembered your room number, drinks choices and always provided service with a smile.
If you are looking for a relaxing 5 star all inclusive with an occasional trip into town this is the place to be, we don't usually revisit hotels due to the choice of options worldwide, however, we will be returning to the Jebel Ali.

Room Tip: 5th floor is worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Alan B
Dear Alan B,

Our underlying principle is to be recognised for our heartfelt hospitality. It was lovely to read your positive comments and to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I do appreciate your positive comments with regards to the resort and its facilities, the All Inclusive package which you valued, the quality of food that you have highly rated, the accommodation which you found to be spacious and well furnished, as well as the Peacock Lounge benefits that you have enjoyed.

Making our guests comfortable and able to provide a home away from home feel is really a remarkable achievement for my entire team; some whom you specially acknowledged and whom you felt were brilliant, friendly and efficient. I will definitely ensure to pass on your compliments to them.

North of England
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I have stayed here for two weeks in May for the last four years and have always had the most enjoyable time - this year was no exception!
We arrived at breakfast time and were able to get our room key within 2 hours which gave us time to unpack and change before going to lunch at Captains - something that we always look forward to for months in advance!
It was slightly different this year as we could no longer access the buffet at La Fontana and the White Orchid was not part of the all-inclusive package any more either. We were also not able to use 2 of the pools from previous years.
We had booked our stay 9 months in advance when these were still part of the package and I only discovered the changes by chance a few weeks before departure (thanks to TA!) - so a black mark against our travel operator for not giving us that information!
I also read on here that some guests in the same position as us had brought it to the attention of management and were permitted to access all services under the circumstances - we never thought about doing that - but it wasn't such a big deal really.
The removal of these amenities from Jebel Ali guests do give a slight feeling of 'us and them' and, in all honesty, we didn't really see the point of the changes.
Yes, guests at Palm Tree are paying higher prices but they are getting higher quality accommodation for that - maybe they could get other extras such as free room service or free mini-bar instead of trying to separate the site unnaturally.
The split between the 2 hotels feels rather awkward and contrived and the layout of the whole complex doesn't lend itself easily to the segregation - the two parts don't flow together well anymore.
However, it didn't impact on us to any great degree - it is still a fabulous place to visit, to relax and enjoy a perfect holiday. There is plenty of space everywhere and no-one should be dissatisfied with the quantity and quality of restaurants available. Yet again, the food and dining experience was amazing - so exceptional on an all-inclusive package - it surely cannot be beaten!
I also have to compliment again the high standards of service from all staff around the resort. There were lots of new faces this year but Vincent was still most helpful in putting up our parasols every day and we had such friendly and helpful service from Josiah (take it easy!) at Captains - thank you! Another 'thank you' also to Jerome at the Sports Bar for his attentiveness.
Just had to mention though that we were very surprised at how the carrion birds - crows, rooks etc. have been able to completely take over the complex! In previous years we saw various unusual birds - hoopoe, minah birds, parrots - as we sat on our sunbeds on the grass near Captains. This year we only saw one hoopoe and hardly any of the others - they have been driven out by these awful, noisy, black crows. Every day we wondered why they couldn't be culled in some way! They could also be a nuisance at lunchtime in Captains - although not helped when occasional guests decided to feed them - but they have really over-run now. We also thought that not as many peacocks were walking around that area now as have been in the past - again we felt that they were also being driven out - such a shame.
We decided not to leave it so long before our return visit so have already booked another 2 week stay for September and are now waiting for the prices to be released for next May - confirmation that, in our opinion, this really is a wonderful destination - one that we hope to return to for many years to come.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank scorching
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear scorching,

As our regular guest, it is with great pleasure to have read your very detailed review with regards to your stay with us and to know that you had a happy stay with us once again.

Please allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards the resort and its facilities which you found to be fabulous, the quality of food served in all the restaurants which you felt was amazing, as well as the All Inclusive packaged that you opted to

We are committed to making a difference and creating memorable experiences for all our guests. I have noted your disappointment about the current changes that we have made at the resort. We have now started to focus on positioning the two hotels individually and this does indeed include the separation of certain facilities and we will monitor the feedback that we get over the coming months.

At the resort we continually strive to meet and exceed our guest expectations of providing exceptional service to our guests, and it is therefore with regret that I learned of your comments in regards to the presence of crows. I would like to inform you that we are very much aware of this issue and have worked on this, with limited success due to the nature of the birds of this kind. During last year we appointed external specialist company to help us with this issue and following our guests’ feedback we are currently looking at different solution to this problem and hopefully you will see an improvement the next time you visit.

We also embrace the importance of recognising our associate’s success, and I appreciate your kind words about my entire team, some whom you have personally acknowledged and whom you felt were friendly, helpful and attentive. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel in September.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Our first visit to Dubai. Stayed 30th May - 6th June - celebrating our Ruby Wedding Anniversary on 1st June. WOW! what an absolute brilliant relaxing holiday. The reception staff on our arrival very professional and polite. The food was a different menu every day - a different area of the world. All the food was fabulous our thanks must go to the Senior Sous Chef Abdellatif Aitba Abderrahmane who made a point of coming over every day asking for our opinion on the food. Everything was delicious. A special thanks must go to the Sunset Lounge staff Sunjal and Andrew and in the dining room staff Stephanie, Martin and the Restaurant Manager. To the Captains Table a special thanks to Robert. A special thanks also for the up-grade and our anniversary cake. Gift shop staff, cleaning staff and porters are very approachable and pleasant.

Room Tip: Sea View has a loveley balcony and view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 804kated804
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear 804kate804,

We provide an environment which captures the generous spirit of heartfelt hospitality and casual luxury where it reflects our value of making a difference by creating memorable experiences for all our guests. I was pleased to know that you and your wife decided to celebrate your ruby wedding anniversary with us and that we managed to meet your expectations in making your celebration a wonderful and memorable one.

Please allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be beautiful, as well as the food served in all the restaurants which you felt was fabulous and delicious.

I would also like to thank you for your praise for our associates who looked after you during your stay with us, some of whom you have personally acknowledged. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to JA Jebel Ali Golf Resort and in the near future.