“Fantastic”

Ranked #72 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
dubia
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Many thanks for yet another fabulous holiday,this is a hotel that knows how to look after it's clients,especially poohjarry,dev the pool guys that nothing is a problem, restuarants are all lovely, house staff do more than the call of duty,cannot wait for our next weeks Holliday in November

Room Tip: Pay extra for 5th floor
4 Thank mcinnestaylor
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear mcinnestaylor,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel.

Please allow me to thank you for your very positive review with regards to your holiday with us which you felt was fabulous, as well as your dining experience at our very own restaurant experience which you found to be lovely. I do appreciate your kind remarks about my team, some of whom you have personally acknowledged. I will definitely ensure to pass on your compliments to them.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just returned from J.A hotel and my wife and I just have experienced another fantastic holiday at the above mentioned hotel.
We could not have wished for a better holiday, as once again the hotel was spectacular and also all the people who represent the hotel, wherever you went in the complex everything was spot on, lovely rooms,well kept gardens,lovely beach,four excellent pools, superb restaurants, excellent choice of food in all the restaurants and facilities that will suit everyone who stays or visits the hotel.
The hotel has excellent bar facilities, also a golf course,horse riding, camel rides, gym, sauna, ladies hairdressers, crazy golf, sea plane, archery, clay pigeon shooting, also luxury coaches to take anyone who wish's to visit various shopping malls in Dubai, this hotel has everything you could wish for whilst on holiday including a children's creche, in fact it is just a fantastic hotel that caters for everyones needs
My wife and I have been returning year on year over a period of ten years and sometimes twice a year, we can't wait to return in 2015. as soon as we book to return we get excited as we know that we will have another fantastic holiday
Whilst we were there they opened the newly refurbished Mushref bar which is situated on the top floor of the hotel, and would recommend a visit if and when you go to stay at this hotel for a holiday. My wife and I would like to thank, Mr fredrik, Yasser Mansour, Bianca Virkus, Murad Amhed, Ceyril Kumarasinghe and Islam Rasadul, Fadey, and the staff on the fifth floor Zin,Nef, Ava, Noor, Nilon,
All the personel on the beach especially Dev Gadekar who as a lovely smile and has an excellent personality, and nothing is to much trouble for him, in fact we would like to thank all the staff at the hotel because they all work together to achieve what makes this hotel the best.
My wife and I endorse this hotel and would recommend a must visit to appreciate the excellence of what this hotel offers.
Roy & Shirley M. (room 517)

Room Tip: All the rooms and the hotel are spotless well maintained and be assured this is a fact as over a ten...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Roy and Shirley M
Dear Roy and Shirley M,

As our regular guest, I must say that I truly enjoyed reading your very positive review and I was also glad to know that you would recommend us to other travelers. I am happy to see that we yet again had the chance to create a memorable experience and that we indeed managed to meet your expectations on this occasion.

I would like to thank you for your kind words about the resort and its facilities which I can see you really enjoyed, the service that you received and all the restaurants that you had managed to visit in particular the Mushref bar which was recently reopened.

Your nice recommendations and positive comments about my team were very much appreciated, some of whom you have personally acknowledged. I will definitely pass on these encouraging compliments to them.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel in the near future.

Alford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Great stay, service and facilities were superb. Pool and beach immaculate, Watersports centre on the beach was ideal. Make sure you go for fully inclusive as food and drink expensive. Rooms fairly small but sufficient.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank John A
Yasser M, Hotel Manager at JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear John A,

Please allow me to personally thank you for your positive comments about the resort, the service that you received, as well as the facilities and amenities available at the resort.

We value all guest feedback, which allows us to continually improve our services across the resort, and as such I have fully noted the areas of improvement which you have highlighted.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We came in 2013 enjoyed our time here so much we returned this year. Whilst the hotel is still good, there have been some changes that have sadly somewhat let it down. On our arrival we were somewhat disappointed to find that the reception staff were not aware that this was our second visit,despite having sent an email to let them know.
We were then given the information for the all inclusive package. We noted that our favourite bar the white orchid..was no longer included, neither was the amazing restaurants within the palm tree court. These were part of the reason we returned. Whilst we are enjoying our stay we think that when booking and emailing the hotel before our arrival we should have been informed. The bar on the seventh floor has opened, it's adult only, on our last visit this bar appeared closed. When we visited this bar my husband was asked to leave as he was wearing flip flops, I must add that he was dressed appropriately, we left and sought out a manager who said that it was fne. When we returned we were 'allowed ' in. We then discovered that the bar is half smoking and half non smoking. My husband is a non smoker so we didn't stay.
My review on this hotel last year was faultless sadly the issues I've written about have sadly lowered our opinion.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lavinia1968
Dear Lavinia1968,

It was nice to read that you had decided to stay with us once again, following a very enjoyable stay you have had; however, it is with great regret I learnt of your disappointment that we have not met your expectations on this occasion which I can confirm was not to our usual high standards of service.

The Mushref, being a bar is different amongst others as it caters a different type of clientele. I can confirm that we do have various restaurants to choose from, which does not have any smoking areas. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced, and as such your welcomed feedback has been shared with our Food and Beverage Manager for review.

I hope that you would reconsider your feelings about us, so we can show our true heartfelt hospitality and over deliver on the commitments we make to our guests.

Despite your disappointment, I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel in the near future.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Had a wonderful stay this year also, stayed between 28July- 5 August with all inclusive and ocean view room (349)

Everyone that works here are so helpful and nice, never met anyone that are rude,,they make you feel that you are a King or Queen.

There are some Changes this year as you can read on some Reviews, but thats no problem at all, theres so much to do and see anyway. We liked our vacation even better this year than last.

Now we dont write so much more, there are so many good Reviews here on tripadvisor, read them and trust them,,this is a fantastic resort.

If you want to know anything else Just send a message.

Room Tip: Oceanview 3:rd floor
1 Thank StockholmFamily
Dear StockholmFamily,

I always loved reading reviews especially from our returning guests, and it was good to know that you had wonderful stay once again as we are committed to making a difference and creating memorable experiences for all our guests.

Your nice recommendations and positive comments about my team was very much appreciated, whom you felt were so helpful and nice. I will definitely pass on these encouraging compliments to them.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have just spent 3 nights at this hotel and can't recommend it enough. Rooms, service, pools and food all great. Just be aware that the hotel is 55kms from the airport and will cost roughly 120 AED. We used the free shuttle to go to Dubai Mall etc but also be aware that this is about a 45 minute commute. We were happy with the location as we preferred to be out of the hustle and bustle but something to be aware of if you are looking at this hotel. We would definitely stay here again if we returned to Dubai.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kylie H
Dear Kylie H,

It was lovely to hear that you and your husband had a great stay with us, as you also enjoyed the serene location of the resort.

I was pleased to know that you were satisfied with your accommodation, the service that we provided, the swimming pools and the food served in our very own restaurants which you felt were all great!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Me and my family have just come back from our amazing holiday!
I have read the previous reviews and wanted to give everybody a heads up on the things i didn’t know or what i wasn’t sure about before we left. We booked our holiday with Virgin(who was also very helpful in helping us decide where to visit).

Although we had a fantastic trip i didn’t find the website very informative on restaurants and whats included on our all inclusive.

If you have booked an all inclusive it sometimes isn’t clear about what drinks are included and which are not. All of the drink menus have little sunshines next to the drinks which are available :)

All of the drinks are spirits and beer which you know or would have heard of, for example it was Smirnoff vodka, Heineken beer Foster and Peroni all included. They also have cocktails such as mohijtos, margaritas and strawberry daiquiri’s and loads more.

Day trips: The hotel provide a free bus which takes you to Atlantis waterpark(although this doesn’t include entry) it also takes you to Dubai mall.

Contacting home: The hotel offers free wifi which you can gain access too pretty much all over the hotel including around the pools. However Skype works on a computer but doesn’t work when you are on your mobile.

The swimming pools: If you are staying at the palm tree court you have access to all pools apart from the signature pool which is only for people who was in the Royal Jasmine Suits. There is a children’s pool, 2 pools with a swim up bar and one other pool which quite small all of which are clean and not too overcrowded.

Getting around the hotel: It is absolutely amazing you can order golf caddies which transport you around the hotel, its so hot you don’t always feel like walking everywhere.

Private beach: There is a beach which staff are very friendly and put umbrellas up to provide shade. The sea is really hot too, you must go in it at least once.

There are a range of different restaurants which are all included in your all inclusive however not all foods on the menu are included(it is all pointed out clearly on the menu).

La fontana: This is the restaurant we went to for breakfast (full continental) and lunch(although there are many others available) We found that this suited all of the family as it was a large buffet. At lunch time they also included a bbq buffet outside. We also ate here of a evening a couple of nights as they have different theme nights (You receive a booklet telling you all of this when you check in)

White Orchid: This is a beautiful restaurant which offers a continental breakfast, and amazing dinners. This is more of a restaurant rather then a buffet, however when we ate for dinner there was a sushi buffet to start with. The food just didn’t compare to anything I’ve eaten before.

Shooters restaurant: This was the first restaurant we visited while being on our holiday. The restaurant is more of a meat restaurant(fantasic cut of steaks), It isn’t in the actual resort it is just outside but you catch the fully air coned bus to the restaurant which is about a 5 minute drive. The food here was also superb again it was included in the all inclusive.

La Traviata: This is a italian restaurant, it is the side of the main hotel. The food was amazing and again included on the all inclusive. Just as a heads up the pizzas are massive don’t fill up on the starters!

There are many other restaurants but they were defiantly some of my favourites.

Spa: the spa treatments and staff are also amazing! you must visit the spa too!

Overall we had a fantastic holiday and will defiantly be visiting the hotel again!

10 Thank Sophia M
Dear Sophia M,

I was extremely pleased to read your very detailed and candid review, and to know that you and your family had an amazing holiday whilst staying with us!

The clarity and information you have provided with regards to our All-Inclusive package was very useful to all travelers. Travelers can also visit our website if they require any additional information about our available offers.

Complimentary wifi is available at the resort for the convenient and comfort of our guests. In the UAE like other countries, there are some internet censorship applies which is unfortunately beyond our control. Perhaps also the same reason on why you were unable to access one software application in your mobile phone.

I was also satisfied to read your positive comments with regards to facilities and amenities available at the resort including the Spa, private beach and swimming pools which you have kindly mentioned was clean.

We do try to offer a good selection of International cuisine and different culinary themes in our very own restaurants. It was lovely to hear that you have selected your favorite restaurants, and I have to say were all an outstanding choice.