We stayed here for our honeymoon in early Feb and we would rate it as a 4 star (not 5 as they advertise) .
-The rooms were a bit dated and slightly smaller than we'd hoped, but the balcony size was dissapointing and there were no chairs. There was nothing drastically wrong but I thought for a 'Leading Hotel of the World' the bathroom could have done with a refurb. The grout around the shower taps was dirty and there was a nasty looking (assumed) rust stain near the taps. The ceiling looked like plastic and was quite grubby - see pics.
-One day whilst sunbathing, I was continually asked if I wanted to buy any drinks. One even asked me if I wanted my sunglasses cleaned. Although I only experienced this on one day, it was a bit of a nuisance.
-Our room had a connecting door, and we could always hear every word our neighbour spoke.
-One night we went to La Traviata for dinner, without a reservation. The restaurant was more than half empty but still the waiter got snotty, counting over his tiny list of names again and again while frowning. Eventually another staff member came over and took us straight to a table... and the restaurant still remained half empty the whole time we were there.
-The main restaurant for breakfast and buffet dinner is stuck in a 70's time warp, It was spotlessly clean but I guess I just expected something a bit more modern for a 5 star.
Also they use 'pan pipe' music of cheesy songs like the Titanic theme, which started to grate after 10 days there.
-Finally, the hotel is about 40 mins from anywhere, which wasn't a problem for us as we only did 2 days out of the resort to fit in all our sightseeing.
-In our experince, the food here is absolutely fantastic. Everything from the elegant restaurants to the casual sports bar restaurant - it was all fantastic. The buffet restaurant had a different theme every night, and the puddings were to die for. One night the hotel put on a BBQ in the garden, and had belly dancing. I am a fussy eater but always found something to enjoy. Service was attentive but unobtrusive.
-Every member of staff we had contact with always had a smile and were extremely polite and helpful. Having stayed in many hotels, the level of service here is one of the best. Nothing was ever too much trouble and concierge were fantastic.
-Outside of the hotel, the grounds are extensive and immaculate, every morning you would see them mowing the lawns, planting flowers etc. We had a golf view room which had some lovely views. They also have a couple of peacocks roaming around.
-The facilities are also very good, there is a wide selection of activities and things to do, and the 3 pools were a good size. I was pleased to find the beach looked exactly like the photo and is raked over every night.
-The hotel provides beach towels, as many as you ask for.
-There is also fridge and safe in the room which you dont have to pay to use. And lovely Elemis toiletries.
Unfortunately I never got to use the spa, but I read some very good reviews on it. There is also a hair salon.
-Outside one of the bars were little tent camps with soft seating and laterns. Very nice to sit out with a drink.
-There was a turndown every night, with 2 complimentary bottles of water and the hotel gave us champagne and flowers on our first night. They also had a room ready for us even 'tho we arrived at 7am.
We booked B&B and budgeted £50pp per day to include taxis (but we didnt spend it all) Meals cost around £22 pp for 3 course buffet ex drinks, £35 pp in the Italian but if you just wanted a burger or grilled fish salad, a meal for 2 was around £20. Lunch from around £7 pp plus drinks.
We would definetly come back again, but would think about staying in Palm Tree Court as it looked much nicer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the golden shores of the Arabian Gulf, the Jebel Ali Beach Hotel at the award-winning Jebel Ali Golf Resort features 231 standard rooms and suites over 5 floors. In addition to the palm-lined private beach and temperature-controlled swimming pools, the resort also features a 9-hole golf course with golf academy, 80-berth marina, horse riding stables, a variety of different restaurants and bars and The Spa, a purpose-built wellness facility overlooking the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jebel Ali Golf Hotel Dubai
- Jebel Ali Golf Resort And Spa
- Jebel Ali Hotel Dubai
- Jebel Ali Golf Resort Spa