“Please avoid”

Ranked #225 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“Please avoid”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I was going to stay for two nights with my wife in this terrible hotel, but they have provided me with twin beds room!!!! The locations is bad as nothing interesting next to you. Customer service is terrible as they were shouting on me over the phone. I entered the hotel and bad smell is coming from everywhere maybe because of the cheap clubs they have. Please please avoid.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank englishmanu
FWaller, General Manager at Grand Excelsior Hotel Deira, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear englishmanu,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write your feedback regarding your overall experience during your recent stay at Sheraton Deira Hotel.

From your comments I realize that you did not enjoy your stay in our hotel. First and foremost please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have encountered whilst being our guest. We have taken note that the reasons for your dissatisfaction from your feedback is that you were given a twin room, not interesting location, bad odor in the hotel (as certain areas were being painted) and bad customer service at the Front desk. It is disappointing to read that we were unable to live up to your expectations. I once again use this platform to express our regret for the discomforting encounters which gave you an unmemorable experience which is not what we desire for our valuable guests.

We appreciate you bringing your concerns to my attention as it allows me to measure the effectiveness of our product & services in order to make the necessary changes to ensure that we obtain a perfect level of guest satisfaction. Please rest assured we will look into each failed service delivery and rectified wherever necessary.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I do hope that that this isolated incident does not stop you from staying with us. I would like to welcome you back in the near future to show you that our standards are much better from those you have experienced on your last visit.

FW, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I had gone for a business trip. It is a very average hotel and very unlike the SHERATON hotels i have stayed in. Very average food and ambience. Room size extremely small and extremely poor Television channels.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
FWaller, General Manager at Grand Excelsior Hotel Deira, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Sunilchopra98,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a Tripadvisor regarding your experience during your recent visit to Sheraton Deira Hotel.

From your comments I realize that you did not fully enjoy your last stay in our hotel. First and foremost please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have encountered whilst being our guest. I have read your posting and I am terribly sorry that we have not lived up to your expectations. Whilst I deeply regret that this has been the case, I am very grateful that you pointed out in your feedback where there is room for improvement in our service delivery areas.

I want to thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention as it allows me to measure the effectiveness of our product & services in order to make the necessary changes to ensure that we obtain a perfect level of guest satisfaction

burgess hill
Reviewed 21 March 2014

just spent 3 nights here on business and what a change since my last stay 4 years ago!
We arrived at the hotel after a night flight at 0445 knowing checkin was not until 1500 but were hoping we may get somewhere to at least shower and change so we could go out but this was not forthcoming and so a quick wash and change in the restrooms sufficed!
There was 3 off us in our party and all male and so we had booked a club room with 2 singles and a rollaway but we were offered and king and rollaway which we declind and said we would be ok to wait until our room was ready.
We got back to reception at 1630 and i collected the key and asked for our bags to be taken to our room while we checked out the pool area.An hour later we retired to our room with no luggage and only two single beds! after a call to reception which got me no where i went to the club lounge where a heated arguement was discussed with the club reception! This hotel knew at 0445 of our requirement and they had 13 hours to sort it out! Very bad service and this was not how i expected to be treated.
Anyway Club lounge ok but gets very busy in the evening with not many places to sit but breakfast was good and friendly staff in the morning.
Pool area is kept clean and what a great bunch of guys up there but the music was the same for the duration and got repetative!
The evenings in the reception area are busy and most evenings we witnessed prostitutes coming and going and being escorted INTO the hotel by security who must be pimping them! When we checked in at 0445 on arrival there were two sat in reception.
As i had been here before and knew it was under the flightpath and so we took ear plugs but on the wednesday and thursday we could hear/feel the bass from the nightclub!
All in all i doubt i would return here as the service is not at a high standard and the reception staff need to be more helpful and friendlier once guest have checked in!

Room Tip: take ear plugs! your right under the flight path with aircraft only 700 feet above you!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
13 Thank bobthehamster
Dear Bobthehamster,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking time to post your review on tripadvisor.com regarding your overall experience during your recent stay at Sheraton Deira Hotel.

From your comments I realize that you did not enjoy your stay in our hotel. First and foremost please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have encountered whilst being our guest. We have taken note that the reasons for your dissatisfaction are largely attributed to the tardiness of service in placing the rollaway bed despite a 13 hour early check-in notification to the hotel. We are sorry that you felt we were not forthcoming in providing some room for you and your friends to wash and change at your early check-in hour of 04.40am. Please be advised that the hotel was booked to capacity. In the event there had been any room availability we would most certainly have offered it just for your wash and change purpose. Moreover you have made reference to seeing promiscuous women in the lobby during your stay. We do abide to the best of our ability with the Dubai regulations in this matter.

The hotel being located close to the flight path the sound of over flying planes is audible to some extend despite the fact that the windows are double glazed. We have also noted that there was noise (heavy bass sound) emanating from the nightclub. It is disappointing to read that we were unable to live up to your expectations. I once again use this platform to express our regret for all the above discomforting encounters which gave you a unmemorable experience which is not what we desire for our valuable guests.

I was pleased to read that you found the Pool are clean and the staff as you have said to quote “ a great bunch of guys’ unquote.

We appreciate you bringing your concerns to my attention as it allows me to measure the effectiveness of our product & services in order to make the necessary changes to ensure that we obtain a perfect level of guest satisfaction. Please rest assured we will look into our failed service delivery and rectified wherever necessary by giving additional refresher trainings in hospitality etiquettes.

Nevertheless we are disappointed that you will not be making Sheraton Deira Hotel as your preferred hotel on your next stay. We are still hopeful that you will give us another opportunity to showcase our services.

London
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Really hard hotel to review, with an entirely mixed experience throughout.

I was on a very early flight arrival (6am) & had asked the hotel to let me know when I booked if early check in was OK. They didn't confirm if this was OK or not so I thought I would arrive anyway.

The welcoming, shaven headed reception supervisor said that he had seen my note & that it would be fine, as soon as they had a clean room. Great! but would have been nice to confirm that to me before my arrival.

I then waited & watched the hotel slowly wake up for 2.5 hours with no further comment from any reception staff...I was sat right opposite the reception desk! Utterly tired & bored by this point I thought I would ask / remind them.

'Ah yes sir, I was just coming to let you know your room is ready'. I hate anyone who says 'I was just about to'...in any setting! It means you were too late. Coincidence after 2.5 hours waiting there? Nope, dont think so.

Although I must admit BEING ABLE TO CHECK IN AT 8.30 AM WAS FANTASTIC (and I did get a very cheap booking.com room rate).

You see now where my dilema comes - great to get in the room so early, but could have been handled so much better, but not really complaint worthy....hmmm.

The concierge guys could not have been more helpful with all requests, they were all very upbeat & there were constantly loads of the around the place ready to assist you.

THE NIGHTCLUB NOISE IS DEFINITELY NOTICEABLE and will disturb your sleep if you are on the wrong side of the building.

Asking about your room allocation is therefore key.

Other than that, its a business hotel in a part of Dubai which is not terribly convenient for sightseeing (will take you 40 mins+ to get downtown).

Based on my experience, other reviews are accurate.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Ben B
Dear Ben B,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Sheraton Deira Hotel, Dubai and for taking the time to write a review.

Your review has been graciously taken in the right spirit. I do agree that the issue about the room availability should have been handled better in the sense of regular updates on the staus of your room. Room availability as early as 6 am or even 7am is very challenging as our associates start the cleaning process of our rooms at 8am. Top this up when the hotel is running at a high occupancy and it sometimes it just becomes mission impossible. Having said this I do agree that the hotel should have reverted back in a response saying early check-in is purely subject to space availability or offered an alternate suggestion of booking a night before in the event you did not want to wait for room after probably a long a flight.

I appreciate your acknowledgement about the helpfulness of the Concierge associates, their constant readiness of assistance during your stay.

We are constantly in the process of striving towards ensuring that our guests do have a memorable stay in all aspects of their journey with us but it seems like we have not been all successful to ensure you had a memorable stay. I take this platform to apologize on areas where we failed.

One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and therefore we appreciate your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Warm regards,

FW, General manager
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff and ok rooms. But this hotel will need to decide what it wants to be... Either a nightclub or a hotel. The 2 nightclubs go on till 3 am every day !! making a good nights sleep impossible ... There a hotels where you can actually sleep for lower or the same amount. Not really worth the Sheraton name.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
13 Thank SteCog
FWaller, General Manager at Grand Excelsior Hotel Deira, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear SteCog,

Thank you for taking the time to write down your review on your recent stay as a guest at Sheraton Deira Hotel.

From your comments I realize that you did not enjoy your stay in our hotel. It is very disappointing to read your review that we were unable to live to the brand name ‘Sheraton’ for your stay. Your feedback is constructively accepted and we do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the noise from the music emanating from the leased outlets despite the windows being double glazed which resulted in disturbed nights’ sleep. We do sincerely empathize on this situation and are with you.

We do trust even though we could not live up to your expectation on this visit you will continue to patronize our sister Sheraton hotels as you travel around the world extensively. We look forward hopefully to welcome you back soon in the near future.

FW, General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
Reviewed 11 March 2014

it is in deira , near airport , good things are Night club is just down , guest friendly hotel , they up graded me on 3rd floor ( spg floor ) and in 230 aed , excess to club laung , etc it is very good . inter was free in room ,
bad thing was disco sound was not good , inter net once logged in will work 4 hour continues ,then you have to buy more , food in room is good specially bbq plater .

Room Tip: sty at SPG floor only
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
7 Thank Nadeem B J S
Dear Nadim B J S,

Thank you very much for writing a Trip Advisor review regarding your recent stay with us.

Your review has have covered most aspects of our hotel services with a positive feedback and we appreciate it.

However you have also mentioned certain concerns such as the sound from the Night club which was discomforting to some extend and we would like to apologize for this inconvenience knowing the importance of quietness specially at nights. Regarding the internet we are now pleased to inform you that our guests will now enjoy 24hrs free internet access in the hallways, rooms, lounge, restaurants and lobby.

We are thankful for choosing to stay with us and we are looking forward to your upcoming visit in the near future.

Warm regards,

Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Was very pleased with the accommodation. Every staff member went out of their way to be helpful. Recommend getting a room below the 4th floor because of club music. Metro is appropriately a 10 minute walk. Would definitely go back.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Dleno
FWaller, General Manager at Grand Excelsior Hotel Deira, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear Dleno,

Thank you very much for positing a Tripadvisor review pertaining to you recent stay at Sheraton Deira.

I am very happy to read that that you enjoyed your stay and that our associates have provided you with the levels of service of a true Sheraton Experience. The are indeed our greatest asset and I am very proud of them.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Best regards