“My Hotel in Dubai”

Ranked #229 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“My Hotel in Dubai”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

On each of my visits to Dubai I have stayed at the Sheraton Dubai. It has been a comfortable hotel to stay at for a few nights. The lobby area is comfortable as are the bar & restaurant. The food in the restaurant is good & varied. The staff in the reception area & at the concierge are friendly & helpful. Unfortunately Arabian Adventures no longer have a desk there & the shop is closed. As my stay is limited the tiny rooftop pool is okay for me but if I were staying longer I would need a pool where I could stretch out. Drawbacks are noisy children whose parents make little or no effort to control; also aircraft taking off from the nearby airport is a noise one has to get used to. However, that said I would stay here again for a few nights.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
FWaller, General Manager at Grand Excelsior Hotel Deira, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Mr. ColinGalletly,

Thank you for taking the time to write your experience whiles a guest at the Sheraton Deira on a recent stay.

Your feedback is constructively taken both the positive and negative.

It is good to know that you have had many enjoyed stays at the Sheraton Deira where in you found the hotel comfortable, our staff friendly & helpful, the food good & varied. On the other hand we also note your slight discontent on the noise of planes as the hotel is close to the flight path including some noisy children around the pool. We are sorry that you have missed the old tour desk of past years which has been replaced with an equally capable partner. However we thank you for your comment that you will still come and stay with us at Sheraton Deira Hotel. We thank you for this confidence.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and our team at Sheraton Deira Hotel would be delighted to welcome you back soon. If you ever need reservation assistance please contact the hotel directly or via our website.

FW, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 2 August 2014

During My stay in Dubai I shifted from Hyatt to Sheraton, The Hotel staff are quite supportive and friendly including the concierge and security. After i was checked in as I am SPG member . I was give a room which i found little small. I just said it out not even to the front desk but the concierge a helpful and nice old man heard it and before even I unpacked my luggage the hotel manager rang me and told that they would like to give me a bigger room and so i was shifted a better spacious room.

The hotel is old but classic Arabic decor. The Link-Sheraton was great to have meeting and staff there also are co-ordinal .

The breakfast was perfect and up to the standard, The ambiance is real nice in the dining area.

In room dining was good I had club chicken sandwich and Caesar salad ...

Over all it was really nice.

Hope to visit soon.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Gurpreet J Singh,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Sheraton Deira Hotel and taking the time to share your experience which as your words say to quote “ overall a really nice stay” unquote.. We appreciate it!

We strive to provide all of our guests with a memorable and comfortable stay whilst with us. Therefore it is a pleasure to read your review and note your acknowledgments that you found our team members supportive and friendly. We are also happy you liked the room which was spacious than the one you initially checked into as well as Sheraton Brand initiative being the Link@sheraton, the ambiance of the dining area and the perfect breakfast which was to your liking.

Our team at Sheraton Deira Hotel would be delighted to welcome you back soon. If you ever need reservation assistance please contact the hotel directly or via our website.

Stay connected,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The staff is very courteous. Stayed 2 nights after Atlantis for the City Tour. The breakfast and dinner buffets were great selections. Convenient location and transport is a breeze. We had to get sandwiches for the city tour and they were well prepared on time. On our departure, we had room service breakfast at 4.30 a.m. Couldn't visit the gym.
My family would love to visit the hotel again.

Room Tip: I always prefer higher floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank chandana_silva
FWaller, General Manager at Grand Excelsior Hotel Deira, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear chandana_silva

Thank you for writing such a positive Trip Advisor review regarding your stay at the Sheraton Deira hotel. We are delighted to read such encouraging comments.

Reviews like yours is what makes our job 100% worthwhile as positive news and comments regarding courteous associates are rare but so much appreciated by us all. I have posted your review on our staff notice board for all to read.

Moreover it is good to know that you found the hotel location convenient, found great food selections at the Terrace restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future so that you will also be able to enjoy our beautiful Rooftop pool with it’s panoramic view.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I came here on a whim after previously staying at beach hotels in Dubai, and the excellent standard of service here made this a happy choice. Staff welcomed me for an early check in, I was pleased with the spacious, nicely decorated room and breakfast was a freshly cooked delight. I found the location convenient for shopping and sightseeing, and the rooftop pool and bar were a convenient substitute for a beach. Swift and easy airport transfers and a well equipped gym made this a very good all round package.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DaveCV63
FWaller, General Manager at Grand Excelsior Hotel Deira, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear DaveCV63

Thank you for choosing to stay with Sheraton Deira Hotel and taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate it!

We strive to provide all of our guests with a memorable and comfortable stay whilst with us. Therefore it is a pleasure to read your review. We are happy to know that you were pleased with the staff welcome, the spacious & nicely decorated room, the breakfast, the rooftop pool/bar which was a good substitute to the beach type of a hotel, the convenient location of the hotel for shopping as well as it’s close proximity to the airport etc.

Stay connected,

Reviewed 3 July 2014

- It is an old hotel, rooms are tired and in need of some serious renovation, refurb and uplift.
- I liked the look of the pub - however didn't get the chance to go in and enjoy my one evening there. Missed also the chance to check out the pool and gym/spa.
- Check-in was overall quick and efficient. However initially I was assisted by a trainee who did not tell me she was a trainee (which did waste a bit of time). However this was fine later when the more senior person assisted me - she had a nice way about her when she was explaining facilities about the hotel.
- I stayed in a club room - the lounge is cosy and comfortable - Richard and the lady in charge were so nice to me and accommodating my requests. Decent canape snacks for the happy hour.
- ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT : The water pressure is not the best, can be improved drastically. Also, more importantly the water temperature was not hot in the room, I had to complain twice and the technician went up to the water tank I think to check and then it was ok - should have been rectified the first time or even before that actually.
- Checkout also was quick (although I did call prior and ask for my bill to be ready as I was in a hurry) - I called the reception to ask for the bellman to help with luggage but no one came - only the mini bar guy to check if there was anything I had from there.
- I was a bit surprised I didn't see any slippers, a little face towel, or a bath robe etc and all these other amenities that you usually find. - food for thought?

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
FWaller, General Manager at Grand Excelsior Hotel Deira, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Naveed S,

Greetings from Sheraton Deira Hotel.

Thank you for taking time to pen down your view points on tripadvisor.com a traveler’s forum regarding your recent stay experiences at the Sheraton Deira Hotel.

From your feedback we note that overall your stay was fine. We are in total agreement to your comments and remarks about the hotel being old and in need for refurbishment. A major overhaul in renovation is currently being discussed which will however take effect after a year from now.

Moreover your compliment is so encouraging and I am sure the associates of Sheraton Deira Hotel are delighted to know and I would like to quote you “- Good levels of service, it is the people who make the difference here which is really important” unquote. Appreciate your generosity of the compliment.

You have mentioned about some room/bathroom amenities in your comment. Please be advised that all these items are available but ‘on call’ provided.

Naveed, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon in the near future.

warm regards,

Sea Point, South Africa
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights mainly because of a great price deal with hotels.com and good location closed to airport in old part of town. Service from check in staff and concierge was helpful and professional, with a smile. The airport transfers were on time and good vehicle. The taxi organized for the day transfers to Atlantis was courteous and in a nice vehicle.
The negatives: old public area such as pool, bar and dark reception (very smelly like smoke). The bedroom we had on the second floor was large and clean but the bathroom tiles (wall and floor) were not clean. Also the shower was not working properly and water was pouring out of bath - this should have been picked up by the cleaning staff.
The TV channels are very limited for English speaker.
The only dinner option we has on the night was a large buffet. As we only wanted something light we had to order room service which was a disappointing experience to have to eat in the room. The food itself was good.
To conclude if you have a good bargain you do not mind so much but I would not have liked to pay the full price.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Murielle V
Dear Murielle V,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for writing a review on tripadvisor.com regarding your overall experience during your recent stay to Sheraton Deira Hotel.

From your comments I realize that you did not fully enjoy your stay in our hotel. It seems that as a hotel we have been unable to meet up on your expectations and I extend my apologies for the same. We appreciate your feedback which is taken in the right spirit.

Moreover we also thank you for acknowledging the helpfulness and professionalism of the staff.

We wish you continued pleasant stays in any of the over 1000 Starwood Hotels and Resorts worldwide.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I have been in many hotels in Dubai mostly 5 or 4 stars. But this hotel is by far the worst one.

Room is not clean and smelling bad even though its a non smoking room.
The sound of the A/C is very high and if you shut it down you are in hill.
The view from the rooms is very bad.
Crew is not friendly and looking for tips in a bad way.
No one showed us our room.

3 Thank Helmybd2
FWaller, General Manager at Grand Excelsior Hotel Deira, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Helmybd2,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a Tripadvisor review pertaining to your overall experience during your recent visit to Sheraton Deira Hotel.

From your comments I realize that you did not enjoy your stay in our hotel. First and foremost please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have encountered whilst being our guest. I have analyzed your feedback and I am terribly sorry that we have not lived up to your expectations as a Sheraton Hotel. Whilst I deeply regret that this has been the case, I am very grateful that you pointed out in your feedback where there is room for improvement in our service delivery areas. I have addressed your feedback with my senior leadership team in order for them to ensure that we fix the issues at hand and to ensure that we rectify our shortcoming immediately.

I want to thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention as it allows me to measure the effectiveness of our product & services in order to make the necessary changes to ensure that we obtain a perfect level of guest satisfaction.

Once again I am sorry and I wish you continued pleasant stays in the over 1000 Starwood Hotels and Resorts worldwide and hope that you will visit us again soon.

Yours sincerely,

FW, General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels