Ascot Hotel
JA Palm Tree Court(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$177
US$360
US$288
  • Pool
US$238
US$214
Agoda.com
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$259
US$179
Fairmont The Palm, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$198
  • Beachfront
Grand Hyatt Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$324
US$226
US$258
US$232
All reviewsgold marketmeena bazaarfront officebur dubaimemorable staythe bell boyhotel location ismetro stationrecommend this hotelbusiness triphousekeeping staffswimming poolcomfortable stayhouse keepingexcellent stayexcellent hotelspecial thanks
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I am a travel agent and recently stayed in this hotel. I don't think I would send my clients to this property. Its maybe a 3*. There are Restaurants and bars on alot of the floors, so you get a lot of nose in your room at night. We would wake up to the pounding of the music.

The pool is so cold you can't even put your feet in it. There are only a few lounge chairs around.
Teh one restaurant that we have ouor breakfast in was adequate. There was hot food, and fruist, cheeses, pastries, coffee, tea and juice.
The beds are atrocious! VERY hard and the pillows are just as bad. It is clean, but the rooms are also very small.

Didn't really care for the area it is in. You have mostly computer stores in that area, so not much to see for an evening walk.

Room Tip: Just ask for a room that doesn't have music playing above or below it at night.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vulcanvacations
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I have been to this hotel many times in past few years. The prime reason for selecting this Hotel is its fab location....everything Meena Bazaar, Carrefour, Burjuman metro, Indian Restaurants Abra Stations(Water Taxi)are just 10-15 mins walk. About the rooms...they are a bit small but cozy. The night club on the Ground floor sometimes does affect the sleep quality. The Buffet Breakfast offered is Good. The Staff is Helpful and Courteous. Overall it's one of the Best Hotels in Bur Dubai and a Good option for the price charged.

Room Tip: Try getting a room on 2nd floor or above.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Bhavik27
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I chose Ascot because the reviews rated it 4 star but i didn't get even a 2-star experience. I discovered there are two buildings and I was lodged in an old fashioned building with less than good facilities. Toilet bowl was leaking and could not be fixed for 2 days. I had to insist on a room change. Not very good experience overall. Air conditioner could not be adjusted

Room Tip: Do not accept a room in the smaller, older building.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Babatunde A
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stayed with family 2 rooms and 5 night/6 days. Location is good, walking distance to the famous Mina Bazar and Burjuman metro station a walking distance. Also, many small and big general stores (Geant, Day to Day etc) close by. But this road is also known as computer market road or something so mostly what you see is computer/Hardware shops.

I was told its a 4 star but no way. Small hotel, floors were little dingy to me. We saw tiny cockroaches on our bed, in the wash room and a big one on one of the reception wall.

I guess this is one of the preferred hotel for package tours I guess (mostly saw groups) and maybe a reason why the hotel probably looks at every guest as a 'package' and according to me this was probably one reason why hotel struggles to respond to normal things. Some examples - Confusion about my stay dates at the time of check in which was sorted out later. Same breakfast all 6 days, my kids were reluctant to go for breakfast after 2-3 days. Tea sent to my room was not hot and I was asked if I would like it to be replaced and I said yes. The phone rings again in 30 secs and the lady says 'but sir we had made the tea just now how can it not be hot. The WC in our room was little shaky and was not fixed till I left. Nothing like a 'how was your stay Or come again etc' at the time of check out. The door would not close on its own, the hinges were loose. Also the forex rates at the hotel were way less than the market outside. Hotel has bad sound proofing/acoustic - at times you could hear the traffic and Tv from the adjoining room. I guess groups and probably even the couples may not mind some of these things but will not recommend for families. I believe there are good apartment hotels in the vicinity who don't claim to be 4 stars but in the same or better league.

Room Tip: don't take the rooms towards the main road.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank skb0110
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We stayed here for 1 night as a stopover to Europe. Rooms were ok staff were friendly but hotel facade was being renovated. Also road works and very dusty and unpleasant. Food was ok but was awkward to get to the restaurant. Would not stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family