“grand hyatt great!!”

Ranked #40 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“grand hyatt great!!”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

stayed at grand hyatt for october half term, this hotel is truly amazing, staff are very nice, polite and helpful, even remembered my sons name. Our room was double book so we was given an executive room, all i can say is absolutely luxury. I really tried to find something negative but sorry cannot fault this hotel one bit, the spa, gym and facilities are ultra modern, the hotel is very very very clean, food nice, taxis are cheap, safari desert very good, dubai mall has to be seen for the experience. Would i go back???? yes already planning next vacation.

Room Tip: creek side gorgeous
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank shirley_michael226
GrandHyattDubai, Marketing Communications Manager at Grand Hyatt Dubai, responded to this review, 12 December 2012
Dear Reviewer,

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!

Thank you for recognising our staff and we will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel. The positive ratings you gave us on Tripadvisor are greatly appreciated and we hope to have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

Please contact me directly at gina.desmeralda@hyatt.com before your next stay at Grand Hyatt Dubai as I would like to take the opportunity to meet you personally and thank you for your encouraging comments.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Marketing Communications Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kent
Reviewed 2 November 2012

A beautiful hotel ,close to the airport , no aeroplane noices . Rooms were first class .Although th wifi was not so good .Taxis were really cheap .
Resurants in the hotel were expensive but very good
The pool area was really clean and the service was fantastic . I used the spa a few times which was really luxurious and not over priced . The indoor pool was quiet and relaxing , lots of fresh towels available .
We will defiantly return to this hotel , we would recommend bed and breakfast .

Room Tip: I stayed on the 7th floor and was very quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I arrived at the Grand Hyatt Dubai just after 11pm on Friday, 19 October 2012. As I had an early flight the following morning, I checked-in, requested a wake-up call for 8am, ensured my 'do not disturb' light was illuminated, and went straight to sleep.

At 6am, I was awoken by two cleaners (both male) trying to enter my room. If I hadn't had the security latch on, they would have been free to enter. I jumped out of bed, ran to the door, and told them I was sleeping. I then asked them why they had tried to enter when the 'do not disturb' light was on, and they muttered something about making a mistake and left. After a minute, I opened my door and confirmed the 'do not disturb' light was functional. I immediately contacted the Duty Manager, who was completely indifferent to my fear (I was nearly in tears). She simply said 'oh, they shouldn't have done that' and then sent up some breakfast. She also told me the incident would be recorded. On checking-out of the hotel, I was told the General Manager would 'be in touch'.

It has been two weeks since my ordeal, and I've heard nothing. At a minimum, I would have expected a simple email from the General Manager apologizing for the incident and outlining the steps the Grand Hyatt Dubai has taken to ensure it does not happen again.

I would strongly encourage single women (like myself) to exercise extreme caution when staying at the Grand Hyatt Dubai. Please ensure you keep your doors locked (including the security latch) when you're in the room. Or perhaps consider staying elsewhere...

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
10 Thank HongKongVeggie
GrandHyattDubai, Marketing Communications Manager at Grand Hyatt Dubai, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Dear Reviewer,

We regret that it has taken so long to address your concerns about the incident that took place during your stay at our hotel. Please accept my apologies.

We fully appreciate the concern this incident must have caused you. We have strict rules with regards to the entry to guest rooms and the protocol that must be adhered to. It is clear in this case that this was not followed. The safety and security of all our guests and indeed associates is of primary concern.

This incident has been looked into in detail and the rules that we have have been re enforced and re highlighted to our Team members.

My apologies for the frustration you have voiced in not receiving a response at a senior level from the hotel and thank you for giving us the opportunity to address your concerns.

Grand Hyatt Dubai
melbourne
Reviewed 1 November 2012

This hotel is the ultimate in great service, food, facilities, all in all the best stay in a luxury hotel. Staff are very helpful. will look forward to my next visit.
Hopefully next time it won't be just business and can stay in Dubai longer and see more sites.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Vevey, Switzerland
Reviewed 1 November 2012

A true five star hotel with very well trained and friendly staff. The pool area is great and has lots of room for the guests. Rooms are big and bathrooms absolutely stunning. Especially convenient if you want to be close to the airport.

• Stayed November 2012
Europe
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Even though the hotel was full during a busy three-day-holiday weekend, the staff members were very attentive and helpful. The rooms are spacious and quiet, and the Regency Club lounge is a nice feature. The swimming pools are large, set apart in their own gardens by the hotel's tennis courts.

Room Tip: The Creek side is considered the best.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VagabondInEurope
B
Reviewed 27 October 2012

One of best hotels in Dubai, staff is top professional always so forthcoming for anything you need. Lounge on 14th floor is great, suites are top. Breakfast especially the salmon is amazing, just need to work a little on the tea, the earl grey is good while not exceptional, also need to upgrade the wifi connection with a lot more debit since not easy to connect in the evening. Limousine service from and to airport is one of the top. Just variety of food could be widened more in the lounge, let s us taste food from each restaurant, this will help us choose which one we go to for dinner afterwards. We tasted the crabe restaurant one evening, amazing, also the Italian is good. The pool is large, the tubes are fun for kids. Thumbs up therefore

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had such a wonderful experience particularly at the Grand Club lounge.

We regret the inconvenience you experienced with the Wi-fi connection and rest assured our information technology team is constantly working to further improve connectivity within the hotel. We are also pleased to share with you that complimentary Wi-fi services are available at our Italian café and deli, Panini.

We hope you will join us again soon on your next visit to Dubai and continue being your most preferred hotel in the city.