“Excellent hotel in excellent location ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Hyatt Dubai

Grand Hyatt Dubai
Ranked #34 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Warsaw,Poland
“Excellent hotel in excellent location ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

It's amazing how such a large hotel can make you feel like in a luxury boutique hotel. Yes, I was so impressed that despite the impressive size of this hotel I felt such personal service and friendly attention of the excellent international staff . I felt here almost like on emirates airline where the staff comes from many countries and speaks many languages which makes it so interesting .
I was staying at the famous Hyatt club floor with its fantastic club lounge . The breakfast was very elegant with tasty local flavors ,
Every evening I could enjoy drinks and snacks before dinner and the service was superb . The quality of each dish and every food ingredient was absolutely the best .

I was so impressed by the speedy room service and excellent house keeping staff.
This time I could not enjoy the grand swimming pools and the lush gardens because I was on a business trip, but I could see from my window many people enjoying the swimming and playing evening tennis at the lighted courts.
The hotel has charming bar and for club lovers, they can dance the night away at the attached trendy CHina White night club.
I was so happy with the convenient location , it is short ride from the airport and in the morning it took me 7 mnts to get there.
It was short ride to down town and to the marina area, just attached to the main roads .
This hotel has excellent management that made my stay in this fast city so pleasant , relaxing and wonderful . I can fully recommend this hotel if for business and for pleasure.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Dubai, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay experience at Grand Hyatt Dubai. We are proud to have associates of more than 60 nationalities working with us and we are delighted to note that you appreciated the efforts of our colleagues and their service.

I will be pleased to convey your kind remarks about the Grand Club Lounge and its food and beverage offerings to the culinary team, who will be most encouraged by your compliments.

Thank you also for recognising our Room Service offering and housekeeping staff.

We value your support and look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Dubai for a leisure holiday very soon!

John W. Beveridge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed for a week on a combined business/vacation trip and were very pleased with this hotel. It was definitely of the same model as other 'Grand' Hyatts with a plethora of excellent restaurants, an enormous pool area, and very welcoming staff. Here's a rundown on what we liked and didn't like:

Location: Very close to Dubai International Airport - just a cheap 10 minute taxi ride away. If you are going to Jumeirah/The Palm area for dinner be prepared - it seems like it takes forever to get there (30 to 45 minutes). It is, however, only about ten minutes by taxi to the Dubai World Trade Centre.

Rooms: Spacious, elegant, great views of the Dubai skyline (at least from our side of the building). Very comfortable beds, well stocked mini bar, iron/ironing board in the room, and a full bath and separate shower. Free water and fruit every day. One negative - the shower water temperature isn't well regulated and one often has to step aside as the temperature climbs suddenly. Absolutely no noise from the outside hall. One BIG negative however - there are doors between the rooms as you often find in hotels and we had neighbors who arrived in the middle of the night desperately trying to open the door to our room - maybe they thought it was a closet? Hyatt needs to label these doors - "Housekeeping only" in about ten different languages. Scary situation.

Pool: Enormous and a huge number of places to sit so no need to get there early and put towels down. The only negative - almost the entirety of the main pool is 2 meters deep! Forget about a leisurely walk in this pool - it is swimming or nothing. They do however have a really nice kids pool.

Lifts: Many, and they arrive practically immediately. One of the best setups I've seen.

Laundry: I had clothes washed/pressed/returned very quickly at a reasonable price.

Taxis: We learned that you need to tell the staff out front that you want a metered taxi only and they will call one up. DO NOT use the unlicensed, white taxis that they might try to steer you towards, unless you are prepared to haggle the price in advance. We got taken on one such ride.

Restaurants: We ate at two - Manhattan Grill and Sushi and both were fabulous. I can only imagine that the rest are great also. Excessively expensive yes, but worth it.

Reception: Very pleasant and someone will escort you all the way to the room.

I guess that is about it. I would consider this a really nice hotel, especially for what we paid. A couple of glitches, but nothing to seriously detract from the experience. Definitely an upscale crowd - this hotel is chock full of stunningly beautiful people. Great for people watching in that regard.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us through TripAdvisor. We are grateful for your compliments about our guestrooms and the amenities provided as well as poolside area and laundry service.

We have taken note of your comments about the shower water temperature and have taken this up with the Engineering team. We also apologise for the inconvenience you experienced with the connecting doors within your room.

We also noted your feedback about the taxi situation in the hotel. We do try to provide metred taxis as much as possible, however in busy situations, we do provide private taxis upon availability.

Thank you also for your generous compliments about Manhattan Grill and Sushi, the culinary teams at both restaurants will be delighted with your feedback.

Your referral is our biggest compliment and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I will admit when I arrived at this hotel I was taken aback. I was travelling with family, who had made the reservations according to their personal taste. While I avoid staying at large properties with multiple restaurants and big pool complexes, this hotel warmed up to me in the four days I was there.

The rooms are very large, the beds are very comfortable and the noise is non existent from the corridors or outdoors. The bathroom are also luxurious with bathtubs and separate shower stalls. Room service is slow, but the food is delicious from its main kitchen. Its all impeccably clean, the expansive gardens are well tended and the pool area is beautifully designed. The spa is lovely with courteous staff.

We tried the Wok restaurant - with three hits and one miss out of four meals. The miss was quickly replaced with yet another disappointing dish, but the desire to please from the staff did not go un-noticed.

If you like an all-in-one resort, this is it. The hotel is a bit away from the downtown area, its a little bit its own island, but you will not want for places to eat and areas to relax or lounge, if this is why you are visiting Dubai.

Can't comment from a business perspective as this was not our visit's intention. Will stay again if travelling as a family.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor and we truly appreciate the comments you have shared with us, particularly about our guestrooms, Room Service food and the hotel grounds. Thank you also for recognizing our colleagues at the spa and their service, your feedback will be very motivating for them.

We are sorry that you were disappointed with one of your meals at Wox restaurant, however thank you for complimenting our staff’s service. We hope you will be able to try some of our other restaurants during your next visit.

We hope to see you back at Grand Hyatt Dubai in the near future!

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed in Grand Hyatt in April 2014. The hotel is very "grand" by all standard. The staff was very polite and helpful. The breakfast was elaborate and the ambience is superb. Indian cricket team were also syaing at the same time so there was a bit crowding in the restaurants. Some guest has put his bills on my room number so it took some to correct at the time of checkout. We enjoyed the stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Room facing the city has a beautiful view of the Golf club, metro track and dence green area which i...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Dubai, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor and we truly appreciate the comments you have shared with us.

We are glad that you enjoyed the breakfast spread at The Market Café and the attentiveness of our staff. However, we do regret the issue with your bill and apologise for the inconvenience it may have caused.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

For my second visit to Dubai, we choose to stay at the Grand Hyatt. We were on the Palm last time and preferred to be closer to town this time. From the moment the door of our cab was opened for us, the high standard of service was constant. The entrance reminds me of hotels in Vegas, very plush and may be a bit over the top, but spotlessly clean and a fun place to be. Too many restaurants to visit in a week, but we tried the Italian, Andiamo...oh my. Even the bread was baked in their ovens. The pools are big enough for guests to be able to find a sun bed and enough space between them. It should be said that the cushions on the sun beds were a pleasant surprise. The bed rooms are big, huge huge comfy bed, bottled water and fruit daily. A short cab ride to Irish Village, Dubai Mai and Burj Al Arab, location is excellent.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

We are delighted that you had such a pleasant experience with us at Grand Hyatt. We value your kind comments and thank you for your time taken to post these on TripAdvisor.

Your generous compliments about our hotel facilities, the guestroom and poolside are greatly appreciated and we will be sure to pass on your feedback about Andiamo to the culinary team

We hope to see you back at Grand Hyatt Dubai in the near future!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was in Dubai last week for one day for business. I chose Grand Hyatt again and never regretted. Good staff, clean room, free wifi in the room and very good location.

I've been staying in this hotel for the past 6 years but this time I experienced something new. While checking in a guy from the hotel staff (seems to be citizen from his dress) came to me and handed me out his business card. His position is "Hotel Ambassador" and he offered me his service at any point of time while in the hotel. I felt very special even though I didn't need him.

Highly recommended for people visiting Dubai for business and leisure.

Room Tip: Ask for wi-fi instructions in the room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor and your kind remarks about our colleagues and guestroom.

We are happy to know that you appreciated the hospitality provided by our Hotel Ambassador in the lobby as we aim to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Reading
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Just returned from 4 day trip, business and pleasure.

The Hyatt was chosen for 2 reasons, location and outside pool facilities. The majority of city hotels suffer from shade, but the Hyatt has a large outside pool that gets the sun from morning to early evening. The pool area has an abundance of sun beds that are nicely spaced so that you are not on top of each other. The pool facilities are easily comparable to some of the beach hotels.

The Hyatt is a massive hotel and probably one of the originals before the mass development of the down town area. I personally believe that this reflects in the decor of the main hotel and in my opinion the rooms.

The rooms are of a good size with a super large comfortable bed, desk area, comfortable chair and has tea coffee facilities. Free water, daily fruit and wifi is provided. The bathroom is a good size with a bath, separate shower cubicle and toilet. Toiletries are provided. They didn't come across as great quality neither were they a well known reputable brands.

Our room had a view of Down Town in the distance, which looked really nice when lit up at night and viewed from the floor to ceiling windows.

The main centre area of the hotel seems to have a water theme going on with a abundance of foliage and a rather dated wet look floor. The main restaurant where breakfast is served is in the heart of the foliage and water garden. Again, in my opinion it could do with modernisation.

Breakfast was included in our rate and offers a good spread and variety of food, from fruit to cereals, waffles to pastries, Indian to English.

There are an abundance of restaurants to chose from, which we tried 2 off. The food was reasonably priced, tasty and great quality......especially the Indian restaurant and Paninis for light take away snacks. Sampling the ice cream is a must .

We tried the Spa and indulged in a massage. I would recommend the experience which was welcomed and great after travelling. Staff were professional and polite.

I really can't fault this hotel. As a complete package it is good. The aesthetics and style wouldn't be my choice and unfortunately for all hotels in Dubai, there are grander and more modern competitors popping up every 5 minutes. I could imagine that it would be a gigantic task revamping a hotel the size of the Grand Hyatt.....but at some point in the near future it will be behind the high level of aesthetics and luxury that Dubai visitors expect.

If you want a city hotel, with a great outside pool area that doesn't suffer from shade, good service and everything you could want for a short city break, then this is one of the very few that can offer this.

If you want more modern luxury and glitzy hotel and don't care about outside shaded pool area, then there are plenty to chose from.

All in all a nice stay at the Grand Hyatt.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jabe100
Dear Reviewer,

We are fortunate to receive considerable positive feedback about our recreational facilities and are happy that you enjoyed them during your stay. We are also grateful to receive your positive feedback about our guestrooms and various dining experiences at The Market Café, iZ Indian restaurant and Panini.

Thank you also for your encouraging comments about our colleagues at the spa and that you enjoyed your massage.

You will be pleased to know that the hotel regularly plans refurbishment of selected areas and it remains a key focus of our commitment to guests in providing new and exciting experiences.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!