“Great Value & Good Location”
Review of Grand Hyatt Dubai

Grand Hyatt Dubai
Ranked #52 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The rooms were very clean and had some of the most beautiful showers I have ever found in hotels. There was no extra fee for using the Spa, so I enjoyed it every day. Very nice steam room, sound & light therapy showers...
The gym was small but well equipped, however there was an extra fee for using some exercise machines, which I thought it was cheesy!
The food at the restaurant was excellent. If you are visiting Dubai, do have your breakfast at the hotel, as restaurants and businesses over there open really late! Not a good idea to plan on having breakfast outside unless you want a brunch!
I gave it 4 stars only because the staff were RIGID and not really pleasant. I felt like if I was talking to Robots! No sympathy at all when you complain about something, they talk to you like if you are lying, how dare I complain?!!
I have bad allergies, I reserved a non smoking room but someone was smoking in the hallway or near by room every day, when I complained about that, all they did is repeat these words :" Maam, no one is smoking, it's a non smoking floor"!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind comments about our guestroom and spa facilities. The Kinesis and Power-plate equipment at the gym do come with a nominal charge as this is specialized fitness equipment and requires supervision and guidance from our personal trainers.

We regret your related unpleasant experience with our associates and would like to assure you that we do take your feedback and comments seriously so that we can have the opportunity to deliver a better level of experience in the future.

We hope this will not deter you from staying with us again and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I visited this hotel at the end of April for 4 nights. It was a very enjoyable stay. The rooms were very nice - amazing bathroom, and a very comfortable bed!

Breakfast was Buffett style and there was something for everyone. Great choice!

The hotel itself is about a 5-10 minute taxi ride away from the city centre. It cost about 20AED to get there by taxi which is about £3.50 so can't complain!

It was my husbands birthday while we were away and we were very kindly presented with a complimentary chocolate birthday cake! This went down very well :)

Free wifi and excellent signal. FaceTime was easy to use there!

We spent a day in the pool area which was very relaxing. There was about 5-6 (maybe more) different pools. Plenty of sunbeds. Complimentary cold flannels and ice lollies are handed out by the waiters!

We found the cost of food in the hotel to be very reasonable.

Would we stay again - yes!!

I hope this helps!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing the city for the best views of the burj khalifa!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Amanda W

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us through TripAdvisor.

Your generous compliments our guestroom, amenities wi-fi service and the breakfast at The Market Café are much appreciated. We are delighted to know that we were able to enhance your husband’s birthday celebrations during your stay with us.

We are also glad that you were able to enjoy our extensive recreational facilities especially our poolside touches of hospitality such as the cold towels and juices served.

Your referral is our biggest compliment and we look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Dubai very soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

During our previous trip to Dubai we resided at Atlantis. That hotel is very expensive and the service although good was not great. This time round we opted for the Grand Hyatt and our choice could no have been better. This is probably one of the finest hotels in the world, period. Our room was spotless, room service was superb, and the entire staff at the hotel were extremely friendly and helpful. I counted 8 restaurants in the hotel and and the food at each one was excellent. This is what an hotel should be and I shall certainly stay there again on my next trip to Dubai.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Basspro-Namibia
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Reviewer,

We are delighted that you had such a pleasant experience with us at Grand Hyatt Dubai. We appreciate your kind comments and thank you for your time taken to post these on TripAdvisor.

Your feedback about our staff and their service will be shared throughout the hotel which will certainly motivate our colleagues. We are fortunate to receive positive feedback about our award-winning food and beverage facilities, which offer cuisines from around the world. We hope you have a chance to try more of them all on your next visit!

We hope to see you back at Grand Hyatt Dubai in the near future!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I arrived late in the evening and was thankful that the hotel is only 10 mins from the airport. I took a taxi which cost 79 Dirhams. First impressions of the hotel were good. The reception staff were friendly and I was checked in quickly.

I stayed on a room on the 6th floor overlooking thr metro line and creek - the room was large and lovely and cool which was welcome after the 38 degrees on departing the airport! There was a nice closet to store clothes and suitcase and the bathroom had twin sinks, shower, bath, wc and bidet.

Breakfast had a plentiful choice - bakery, asian, cooked etc etc.

The pool area is great..several pools, helpful attendants and lifeguards on duty. I thought it was nice touch when they served cold flannels and fresh lemonade during thr morning heat. Drinks and food were also available from the poolside bar and towels for the comfy sun loungers were available from the pool reception behind the bar - just sign in to collect your towels.

I ate in Panini cafe and used room service and the food and drinks were excellent and the staff were extremely friendly.

Free wifi was also available throughout the hotel. I used the Dubai Healthcare City metro station to catch the metro to the Dubai Mall - 14 Dirhams for an all day ticket is certainly good value in my opinion and the metro stop is no more than 10 mins walk from the hotel.

Overall a great stay at the Hyatt and I would certainly recommend it and stay again if visiting Dubai in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Reviewer,

Your generous compliments about our staff and their service will certainly further encourage them in their roles. We are also delighted to note that you were able to enjoy our extensive recreational facilities during your stay especially our little touches of hospitality such as the cold towels and juices served.

We also truly appreciate your kind compliments about our breakfast at The Market Café, Panini and the food from Room Service along with your positive feedback about our associates’ friendliness.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

veryy good place,easy transportatıon. very very good breakfeast. nice room . clean. very good swimming pool.nice staff.expensive hotels .very big and beatiful looby. nice garden to walk and sit outside.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

We are delighted that you had such a pleasant experience with us at Grand Hyatt Dubai. Thank you for your kind comments, particularly about our hotel grounds, swimming pools, guestroom and breakfast at The Market Café.

Your referral is our biggest compliment and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have stayed here more than 30 times since it opened. Staff are very friendly and well trained. The hotel is a comfortable oasis. Sushi restaurant is great, as is Manhattan Grill and Market Café. Panini has excellent pastries and cakes.

Room Tip: Creekside rooms for the nice views
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor and we are indeed grateful that we have been able to serve you over these past years.

We appreciate your kind compliments about Sushi, Manhattan Grill, The Market Café and Panini, your encouraging comments will certainly be shared with the restaurant teams.

We hope to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Dubai again very soon!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I last stayed at the Grand Hyatt in 2008 - when I was slightly disappointed with the drop in service levels. But boy, have they come back!

I was staying here for 11 nights on this trip for business. A warm welcome on arrival after an overnight flight, and shown to my room. This is where the Grand Hyatt really win.

The rooms are huge, with a walk in wardrobe and large bathroom. The bed is also huge and really comfortable. There was also a very comfortable chair and foot rest - always nice to have in a hotel room.

For me light is very important, the rooms have large floor to ceiling windows giving plenty of natural light, and good lighting is providing in the bathrooms (liked the shaving/make up mirror that lit up).

The rooms were spotless, and cleaned to a very high standard.

Free wifi in the rooms was good. There is also a good selection of TV channels and all the major news networks.

I did have a room overlooking the Creek and watched the sun rise most morning from my window while having my coffee - nice way to start the day.

There was a problem on the second night with noise from an event in the gardens, after speaking with staff, they offer to change my room (at midnight) to a Club Room. To be honest apart from access to the the Club Lounge, there really was no difference in the room size, view etc.

The public areas are opulent, the entrance lobby is vast and then you walk through to an indoor tropical garden with running streams, bridges, pools. All very chilled.

The indoor pool is lovely and open till late, ideal when you are working, and the gym has excellent facilities. The outdoor pools although large, is not as big as other hotels I have stayed at in Dubai, it also gets crowded and sun beds are very close together. Having said that the pool and gardens are lovely and a nice place to wander round after a long day. It would be nice if the outdoor pool was open later in the evenings. Service around the pool was not so good, and we did have to wait for service (there are bell points to call staff).

The outside bar/restaurant was nice - great Cesar Salad, but closed by 20.00 from May onwards.

The real improvement from my last visit was the staff. Always friendly and helpful, if you walked down a corridor and someone was cleaning, they looked up and said hello.

The location from the airport is good, taxi fare approx 40aed. There are alway plenty of taxis when you leave the hotel. The location of the hotel is good for getting over to the Downtown area and the Dubai Creek.

Breakfast was taken in the Market Cafe - there is a massive selection - fresh cut fruit, bakery, cooked breakfasts - great omelettes and poached eggs to order. Service was good, and you were seated quickly and coffee and orange juice served at your table, not sure why but tea took an age to come!

We also ate is a number of the restaurant options within the hotel, which have reviewed separately.

All in all I really enjoyed my stay, some hotel rooms suffocate you after just one night, but this cannot be said of the Grand Hyatt. Thank you to all the staff for making my stay so comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CareySJC
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor. Your positive comments have been shared with our associates. We are pleased to hear that great efforts have been made to accommodate your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Dubai very soon.