“Love the Grand Hyatt”
Review of Grand Hyatt Dubai

Grand Hyatt Dubai
Ranked #46 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 21 January 2011

I always stay @ the Hyatt while vacationing in Dubai. The location is good, food is excellent, and staff is absolutely wonderful. I would highly recommend. Joyce (Shreveport, LA)

• Stayed: November 2010
There are newer reviews for Grand Hyatt Dubai

Reviewed 17 January 2011

Are the reviews getting a little repetitive? lol the 'its grand and its amazing and impressive' etc, the problem is.. well it is all of that. I mean you can call it immense, monumental, majestic, splendid, striking and so on but its all aiming at the same thing really. The Grand Hyatt is and has been aptly named. Grand is a word you could use to describe alot of its features, the grand reception with its grand stairs & grand water feature, the grand shops & the grand rooms with grand bathrooms. The grand swimming pools executive lounge & grand breakfast in the restaurant.. (although I wouldn't call that grand as much as I would mammoth!)

You get the picture then, however.. yes there are a few niggles just like any other place, and of course places where it can improve. But in general it is a fantastic hotel to stay at and yes I would highly recommend getting a club room to get access to the club/executive lounge where you can get evening snacks etc. Well worth it (depending on how much extra you have to pay for the room).

The rooms were very comfortable and a nice chilled bottle of apple & date alcohol free wine awaited us with dates. I was also very impressed with the staff, all of whom called me by my surname from the moment I first walked into the hotel & executive lounge, creepy in some ways but overall a nice personal touch.

I would also recommend using the main restaurant for breakfast as opposed to the executive lounge, it is absolutely grandiose(!) in many ways. Everything & more that you can possibly imagine for breakfast & that is an understatement. Experience it & you'll see what I mean.

The tennis courts are also a great touch, I'd recommend using them at night when its cooler & alot less busy. I did want to use the spa but they had no times available, alas but i'm sure it is grand lol.

All in all I would recommend this hotel & I would return to it on another visit, I could add more about the pools & shops etc but most of the reviews have already done that. So suffice to say that it is overall a grand experience. :~)

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2011

We stayed there for a week after New Year, and one thing I can say, the hotel is really great! Food is wonderful, plenty of restaurants inside the hotel, staff is kind, rooms are nice (except the ones near the staff rooms, we had to change as we were waken up at 5.30 am!!). The hotel was crowded but we didn't feel any discomfort. The Club is wonderful. They even have a Tony&Guy inside which has an excellent hairdresser even though the lady who welcomes needs to learn to be polite with clients.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2011

Having stayed in many of the Dubai hotels including the Burj Al Arab, the Madinat, the Arabian Court at the One and Only and Le Royal Meridien to name but a few, I actually think this one might be our favourite. We paid nearly half for what it would have cost to stay at any of the hotels we had stayed in before and were slightly worried that we might be disappointed, but found we actually preferred it! The hotel guest areas seemed much more peaceful and the pools were wonderful. My three children aged between 9 and 14 were more than happy to spend the whole day by the pool and didn't seem to miss the beach at all. The rooms and bathrooms were large and spotless and the food was good but, as always, very expensive. Definitely will return, particularly if the room price remains cheaper than all the others!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank rjhmt
Reviewed 3 January 2011

Visited the hotel staying for Christmas and New Year 2009. Room was to the rear overlooking the creek and pool area and extensive gardens, this proved beneficial as the room was in the shade for most of the day. Hotel provides good breakfast choices and attentive service; the variety of restaurants are expensive but all quite good. We went to the Chinese on the first night and both suffered from stomach problems next day but the Lebanese was suberb. New Year gala was also excellent.
Dubai was interesting - once, and for me at least, surprisingly spread out. Desert safari is an easy miss but we have a wonderful shot of 50 4 WD snaking across the dunes behind us!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2011

This hotel is beautiful to look at and to stay in. Most hotels of quality in Dubai are much of a much. Plenty of grandeur and splendour. The Hyatt is one of the top 5 of the class over there.

It is located 5 minutes drive from the airport and 15 minutes drive from Jumeirah Beach all easy to get to as taxis are cheap priced. The rooms are spacious and maintained to a level that leaves you slightly embrassed. The indian cleaners even folded my clothes left out each night!!!

This hotel is simply huge. It has one disco, 8 resteraunts and 6 pools. It caters excellently for children and do really look after kids. I noticed this even though I have none. At night it is very quiet and we tended to go to Jumeirah after dinner. The resteraunts are excellent in the hotel as we ate in the indian and lebonese eateries but wanted to go elswhere on other ocaasions. Be warned the pool area is expensive so get drinks from the small shop located within the reception area as well as eating sandwiches from the fresh bakery rather than the pool area as they are very very pricey!!!! This hotel is also one which gets the sun all day which is rare in Dubai due to the high rises. Great news for us sun worshippers!!

I was very annoyed when checking in as I was told on top on the full price I had paid I would be charged 600 AED each for my wife & I. The lady said it stated on the hotels webpage this HAD to be paid by each guest for the NYE party whether you go or not!!!!! I certainly never seen it and am quite methodical when booking our annual trips. I had to pay it there and then and I have to say it was quite shameful from the hotel to do this at 3am in the morning after a 8 hour flight especially when I never knew about it nor was it mentioned on my confirmation page they sent me via email. The night itself was pretty good but really really underhand tactics in my opinion from the hotel was was shameful. Finally - Ice machines. Management please note that this hotel should have ICE machines on each floor due to the tempreture Dubai gets to month in month out. Find it really odd they do not have them.

All in all. Very good, spacious,clean and plenty to do. I would go again but take note of any charges they may try to add. I expect I will now get the letter of apology from the management below this review but really it is too little too late and all you ever get is a "sorry" and no offer of any help/refund/compensation. Poor show for a hyatt gold passport member who is writing this review!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank littlegmbhoy
Reviewed 28 December 2010

Well I got this hotel in a very good price and when I got there I just got more than I paid and it was over expected .This was my second time to this hotel ( the first one was in 2004) .The green is well increased since .

I chose this hotel from this site and I won :) thanks to trip-adviser .

Very quit ,great staff ,very spacey , nice rests. , great pillows ,great bar and outdoor pool ,indoor pool .....
I don't know what to say more of it's advantages .

We were 7days there this Dec. and we had a fabulous time.

You don't believe but the room maids are looking for cleaning enthusiastically.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple