Grand Hyatt Dubai
JA Palm Tree Court(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$193
  • Pool
US$232
US$214
Agoda.com
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$179
Fairmont The Palm, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$241
US$226
US$258
US$237
4,282 results
All reviewsmanhattan grillindoor poolwafi mallclose to the airporttennis courtscreek viewclub floorlarge hotelminutes from the airportlebanese restaurantbeautiful hotelkids clubrooms are spaciouschoice of restaurantspool stafflong flightburj khalifa
Reviewed 29 January 2011

10 mins from the airport by cab (20d but watch out, the cabbies will lie and say they have no change if you offer 100d note). The hotel is half way to the city centre. It may market itself as a holiday destination but if I was on holiday here there are dozens of better locations by the beach down at Jumeirah. Probably one of the best hotels for business though. Service was just brilliant. Staff to guest ratio must be high with politelness and good humour seemingly set as a golden rule. Tipping isnt obligatory like USA but is deserved and appreciated. 5d appropriate. My room on the 13th floor was spacious, well appointed, spotless and completely silent. I had the advanvantage of the exec floor lounge which was one of the best I've ever been in. Free food and drinks in a refined setting with fabulous views. The grounds are well tended with a beautiful pool. But the area is bordered by motorway not beach. Breakfast is stunning with a choice of almost every cuisine. I was working so couldnt stay and do justice. I ate at 3 of the 8 or 9 restaurants; a wok place cooks up fresh stir fries to order, scrummy. Another lets you pick out your lobster from a tank before they cook it to your liking. Pricey but good. ($7.50 for a bottle of beer). The cocktail bar will likely have some quality jazz singer crooning in it. But dont expect sophistication as folks do turn up even in shorts and there may be a couple of hookers sat at the bar. Actually, the informallity doesnt worry me and whilst I wont pay the hookers myslef they can look decorative and its amusing to see who is interested in them. The casualness of the hotel suits me. After a hard day at the exhibiton (convention centre 10 mins away), I was desperate for a soak in the steam room. Like others I pulled on my dressing gown and slippers provided wandered round in that. Sadly the spa is shut and the ladies in our party had to make do with just a dip in the jacuzzi as event the sauna/steam facillities in their changing room were shut for renovation. Thankfully the mens was open with even an ice cold plunge and a tranquil relaxtion room. I imagine the new spa will be amaziing when it opens in March.
So, I will go again and try to stretch a day's R and R next time to enjoy it properly. A word of advise about immigration. I pitched up at the airport on the BA flight arriving at 00:35 hours on a Sunday morning. Every other european airline had touched down just before it. The line for paaport control was 2 hours long. Thankfully a savvy colleague had bookeed the meet and greet service. What a life saver, a superbly groomed young lady met me as I walked up the airbridge and seemingly by a miracle lead me to a side room full of screeming children to an untilligible official who coaxed by the goomed lady immediatley granted my visa before anyone else. The angel then by some other miracle charmed her way to the front of the huge queue where a nod and a glance at the white robed border gaurds saw me waved through. Looking behind I could see passengers who I had enviously watched turn left whilst boarding the plane still at tback of the huge queue. So if you want the same, be savvy and book yourself a meet and greet at www.marhabaservices.com.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2011

The hotel is excellent, staff are very attentive, breakfast was really good and so was the environment inside the hotel..... however the only let down is the location and its worse when it's hot out.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2011

worth every penny, perfect location, great service and spacious and cozy rooms! recommend it anytime.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2011

I always stay @ the Hyatt while vacationing in Dubai. The location is good, food is excellent, and staff is absolutely wonderful. I would highly recommend. Joyce (Shreveport, LA)

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 17 January 2011

Are the reviews getting a little repetitive? lol the 'its grand and its amazing and impressive' etc, the problem is.. well it is all of that. I mean you can call it immense, monumental, majestic, splendid, striking and so on but its all aiming at the same thing really. The Grand Hyatt is and has been aptly named. Grand is a word you could use to describe alot of its features, the grand reception with its grand stairs & grand water feature, the grand shops & the grand rooms with grand bathrooms. The grand swimming pools executive lounge & grand breakfast in the restaurant.. (although I wouldn't call that grand as much as I would mammoth!)

You get the picture then, however.. yes there are a few niggles just like any other place, and of course places where it can improve. But in general it is a fantastic hotel to stay at and yes I would highly recommend getting a club room to get access to the club/executive lounge where you can get evening snacks etc. Well worth it (depending on how much extra you have to pay for the room).

The rooms were very comfortable and a nice chilled bottle of apple & date alcohol free wine awaited us with dates. I was also very impressed with the staff, all of whom called me by my surname from the moment I first walked into the hotel & executive lounge, creepy in some ways but overall a nice personal touch.

I would also recommend using the main restaurant for breakfast as opposed to the executive lounge, it is absolutely grandiose(!) in many ways. Everything & more that you can possibly imagine for breakfast & that is an understatement. Experience it & you'll see what I mean.

The tennis courts are also a great touch, I'd recommend using them at night when its cooler & alot less busy. I did want to use the spa but they had no times available, alas but i'm sure it is grand lol.

All in all I would recommend this hotel & I would return to it on another visit, I could add more about the pools & shops etc but most of the reviews have already done that. So suffice to say that it is overall a grand experience. :~)

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple