“Nice place to stay for a short 2 night stop-over”
Review of Hilton Dubai Creek

Ranked #99 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Key West, Florida
“Nice place to stay for a short 2 night stop-over”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The hotel was quiet, the bed comfortable, and the view was fine. The bathroom seemed almost as large as the sleeping area -- odd to say the bathroom was actually too large. We would stay at this hotel again. We were originally scheduled to stay at the new Conrad hotel, but its opening was delayed and we stayed at the Hilton Dubai Creek instead. the Conrad did supply us with a few gifts -- shirts, camel milk chocolate, iphone covers, and sunglasses -- all nice gestures.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
HiltonDXBCreek, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Been_to_90_Countries,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

It is with delight to note of your satisfaction over your experience of staying with us in lieu of your stay at new Conrad Dubai, which is yet to open.

Happy to know that you have liked our services and facilities and that you have shown interest to visit us again.

We are pleased that we were able to meet your expectations of a Hilton experience so we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai Creek in the nearest future.

Please feel free to contact me should you need my personal assistance with your next booking.

T: +971 4 2127201 | Email: Tamer.Tantawi@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (558)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Wonderful business hotel and the staff were excellent. The arrival, baggage and valet were quick and easy. Just be sure to look out for the turn off the main road (the sign is behind a tree and we had to drive around a few times before we got to the right road). The hotel overlooks the creek so you have great views of the river and the boats. But you do have to drive if you want to hit the big Dubai tourist areas-took about 15 to 30 minutes to get to where you want to go. So just make sure you have a car or are able to take a taxi. Our room was excellent and the internet was fast and workable. Nice, albeit small fitness center; the pool is on the roof and without shade so it was too hot to enjoy the pool or even be up there. The hotel does have one the best restaurants in the region so make sure to hit it up (make sure to avoid a pre-dinner drink as the wine pairing gives you more than enough). If you don't mind the drive, this is a great spot to stay when you are in Dubai.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room overlooking the creek.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Utes1914,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

I appreciate your valuable feedback as it will give us the chance to find ways to improve further our service and facilities and despite the minor setback encountered regarding the slightly hidden signage to help you locate our hotel, I am very pleased to learn that you found our room and its view, our facilities such as the Internet service, pool, and fitness centre to your satisfaction.

I can assure you that if given the right direction, a cooler weather and some fun opportunity to explore the city, you will realize our hotel’s proximity and accessibility to places of interest especially the old Dubai.

We are also grateful for your recommendation regarding dining at Table 9 and we sincerely hope that we would have another opportunity to welcome you to the Hilton Dubai Creek in the nearest future.

Bergen County, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We spent three nights here in August, 2013. We were on our way to East Africa, and our airline has a hub here. We chose an Executive Plus room, which provided Executive Lounge access, and a creek view from oversize windows that made up two walls of our large, comfortable room. We had Room 811, and paid 1057 AED per night, including taxes. That's about $287. There was a Hilton promotion for three-night stays in effect.

Although I didn't see it on the Hilton website, it turned out to also include airport transfers by their luxury limo! As we guessed, the 6PM-8PM Happy Hour in the Executive Lounge provided enough hors d'oeuvres to eliminate the need for dinner. There are coffee, soft drinks, and bar snacks all day, but 6-8 is the only time there is free alcohol. The house wines, including a French sparkling wine, were much better than average house wines. Many people ordered cocktails, which were poured with a heavy hand! We met a solar energy American expatriate who always stays here on his very frequent visits.

This building was designed by the architect of the Bastille Opera in Paris, and of the Dubai national bank building, which happens to be only three blocks away. The lobby has too much chrome, like Dubai. But the room was warm woods, with a huge bathroom that included a jacuzzi and a separate shower. Although the weatherstrip on the shower door leaked, we prefer showers. A cabinet included coffee makings and a Nespresso pod machine, but breakfast is included with the Executive Room. (For some reason, we weren't on an Executive Floor as listed on the elevator buttons.)

Not everyone stays in this, the "old" (a relative term!) section of Dubai. It's known as Dubai Creek, in Deira, and our room had a fascinating view of the working piers, loading small dhows by hand and small crains. I had hoped to walk one mile to the old souks and some historic sites, but the 120º F daily temperatures (August, vacation time for Dubai residents ... ) made that literally impossible. In other words, we didn't stay at the fashionable beach resorts because we knew it would be too hot to go out on the beach. (That was proven when we took the one free daily shuttle (11AM) to the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah [Beach] Resort, to check it out.)

Another possible reason to stay here is that Dubai is famous for business-day traffic jams. This hotel is just as close to the airport as you can be without staying in an airport hotel. Dubai has very good taxis that are reasonably priced. We were, however, often asked to take a non-metered trip, which we sometimes accepted, and sometimes refused.

The hotel staff was, like most in Dubai, foreign "guest workers", mainly East Asian. They were hard-working and charming. All spoke good English, and were anxious that we have a good stay. There certainly are cheaper hotels in Dubai, but this is pretty cheap for a near-luxury hotel. We were entirely satisfied with all aspects of our stay. The front desk was particularly attentive and courteous to any guest walking by, no matter how busy they were.

There is a bank with a Cirrus® ATM in the same block as the Hilton Dubai Creek. The hotel is within walking distance of the Union Metro station, but you have to use an elevated bridge with stairs to cross a boulevard. There is a mosque next door, but we never heard at sound at prayer times, in our room. Unlike other parts of Dubai, you won't see any international luxury retailers around the hotel. That was just fine with us.

I'm confused about the earlier reviews that mention the sea view. The hotel isn't very tall, and it's not that near the Arabian [as they call it here] Gulf. But is is just across the boulevard from Dubai Creek. We liked our creek view.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank obsoperator
HiltonDXBCreek, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear obsoperator,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort in posting a review of your recent stay with us at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

It is with pleasure that I read your comprehensive account of our experiences while staying with us and we are grateful that you took the time to share it with others particularly for future Dubai travellers, and give them a glimpse of what we are offering our valued guests.

We truly appreciate your feedback especially for expressing your satisfaction over the high level of service and positive attitude you received from our multi-cultural team members.

We are delighted to know that we were able to meet your expectations of a Hilton experience on this occasion and rest assured that we have taken note of your every comment and to find out if can further enhance our service and facilities, with your observations.

Once again thank you for your review and we are definitely looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai Creek in the nearest future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need my personal assistance with your next booking.

newcastle
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

I loved everything about the Hilton great rooms,service and staff. I really enjoyed my 2 nite stop over, a perfect way to break up the long flight from Sydney to England. No complaints about anything. Take the hotels taxi into Dubai in stead of street taxis. They have much nicer cars friendly drivers for only a little bit more money.

• Stayed August 2013
HiltonDXBCreek, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
Dear D_DNewcastle,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

I am very pleased to read your feedback with regards to you stay as it expresses your satisfaction on our overall service and facilities.

As guest satisfaction is our main goal, we are happy to know that you enjoyed your stopover with us and that you found our private taxi service to your liking.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai Creek in the near future.

Nairobi
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We realy enjoyed our stay at Hilton Dubai Creek. Had a great sea view. Room nicely furnished and comfortable and very clean. Loved the Table 9 restaurant and the seven course dinners we had. Food was fantastic. Great location in the Old Part of Dubai. Just be prepared to pay fro wifi in your room otherwise the service was great, the facility top class.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a sea view instead of river view
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear jane m,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

It is a pleasure for us to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and were fully satisfied with the room we have provided for you especially with its amazing view of the Creek, our location’s proximity to places that interest you and liked our facilities.

We are delighted to note that you found our dining experience and the fantastic food served to you at the Table 9 to your liking.

As guest feedback enables us to improve more, rest assured that I have taken note of your comments with regards to our Internet service tariff and will take your feedback constructively as basis of our improvement.

We are happy to know that in overall, we were able to meet your expectations of a Hilton experience and so we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai Creek in the nearest future.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Hotel is an average hotel. The hotel is a bit over priced. I am going to rate this hotel and every hotel after fairly. I believe the price of the hotels are being based upon reviews. The more inaccurate reviews the more prices are going to be one sided. A true five star hotel is just that.

This Hilton hotel is very clean. The only down side is the executive conference room, which was on my floor allowed smoking. The smoke would come through the vents whic was annoying. There was no room upgrade, I was told I had the best room. So it may be wiser to purchase a lower level room to get an automatic upgrade. The rooms are comfortable and had a nicer view than my previous hotel. Rooms was kept clean daily and I received a complimentary cake for my birthday. I would of preferred a meal, but the thought does count. The bed is comfortable my wife caught up on her sleep which was nice.

Not much of a choice in meals. Only two restaurants, in room service and bar to choose from. Way overpriced for restaurants. In room service was great, especially breakfast. It is going to set you back a few bucks. Only disappointing meal was the french toast. One slice of bread cut in quarters. It is not worth getting the executive room to get a Continental breakfast. The breakfast is really for a one star hotel. Holiday Inn serves a better breakfast. No restaurants in the area, so travel is a must. Nothing to do in the hotel or its local area.

Changes I would make is not allow smoking in the lounge. Give the cutomers a right to choose if it cannot be changed.

Overall stay was nice no real complaints. I would just like to say that this isnot a four or five star Hilton.

Room Tip: Get a regular room or book a hotel better
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
HiltonDXBCreek, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai Creek, responded to this review, 31 August 2013
Dear Rickie W,

Thank you for your time in posting a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

I regret to note that while you were not fully disappointed with your stay, you were not also completely satisfied with it and for that, we sincerely apologize since we always strive to provide our valued guest the best experience possible and sadly, this was not the case with your stay.

Nevertheless, we thank you for your honest comments as they made us aware of areas that we can still improve and that there was no real reason to complain, in overall.

I can assure you that we have noted each and every point you have raised in your feedback and I will see to it that corresponding corrective action will be done, particularly with regards to smoking in the lounge, which I will discuss with the concerned department head.

Hope that none of the misgivings you experienced will hinder you from considering returning to stay with us again at the Hilton Dubai Creek in the nearest future and that you will allow us the chance to regain your confidence on our hospitality service as a 5 star Hilton hotel.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you need my personal assistance with your next booking.

Abuja, Nigeria
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two days on the way back from Kuala Lumpur. Our rooms were facing the sea which was restful for us view while resting from the trip and adjusting to the change in time zone. The rooms like in most good hotels in Dubia are big, opulently furnished and clean. The staff provide efficient service and are friendly/helpful. I love the bathroom!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the sea is soothing.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hafsat
Dear Hafsat,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek.

It is a pleasure to know that you appreciated the room that we have provided for your stay especially with its spectacular view as well as the high level of service and positive attitude our team members have provided for you during your stay with us.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai Creek in the nearest future and please feel free to contact me should you need my personal assistance with your next booking.