Yes the hotel is kinda dated. Yes there is construction around the hotel. Yes there are a gazillion other newer bigger hotels out there in Dubai. But this is still a topknotch hotel. The food and service at BICE restaurant was amazing. Rodel at the front office was super friendly and helpful. The lady at the towel section beside the beachfront even remembered my room number and name (how often does one get that kind of service nowadays?). There were a few minor upsets here and there during our 4 nights 5 days stay in Hilton jumeriah but my whole family can't wait to go back again! I have drawn up a brief list of the excellent service I have had at the hotel:
1. Complimentary airport transfers for guests who have booked the executive rooms were efficent and the drivers were very safe, very polite and prompt.
2. The whole crew at the executive lounge was divine, from check-in to breakfast to tea time to evening cocktail service. They were attentive and explained the food items in details. Hands down Hilton price but Conrad level type of executive lounge service. Some food items could need some improvement but they are not detrimental to the stay.
3. Rooms were great on the 7th and 8th floors. We could hear no noice. Honestly. Once you hit the comfy beds you will be tranported to sleep heaven. Yes the view could have been better but Dubai is massively developing The Walk at JBR presumably for the 2020 expo. Seriously you can hear minimal sound from the construction and the decor is really wel-maintained for an older hotel like the Hilton at JBR. Plus, the housekeeping staff was very friendly and efficient too.
4. I had zero problems getting a sun bed by the beach at various times on various days. The beach was very clean and the waters were turquoise pretty! The security can be a bit FBI-ish when asking for your room details especially when you are chinese but I guess that is actually a plus side for the security of the hotel guests.
5. Rodel at the concierge was extremely helpful when booking the desert safari (well worth going!) and for answering various queries on things to do about town in dubai and on the old town and metro service.
6. Lastly, the service crew at Bice restaurant was topknotch. The food was amazingly good. The lunch menu was value for money. The buratta and lamp chops were maid to perfection. Service crew was very attentive but yet not intrusive. Very well trained staff! Kudos! Impressed!
Not so great points.
1. There were some minor hiccups during check in and during checkout. We only got one of the two rooms at around 5pm plus but the hotel promtply corrected their mistake n more than made up for it. Upon check out some items were charged to our room which should not have been charged. So please check your hotel bills upon check out.
2. Traffic is OMG bad during weekends from Thursdays till Sundays. The jams at the walk can be stagnant right up to 2am plus outside of the hotel. But you can't hear a single thing from your rooms though. In fact the illuminated car lights are actually a sight from your room balcony!
3. The men's locker room at the gym was filthy! I mean FILTHY. That remains my only complaint. You can afford to be an old hotel, but you cannot afford to be a dirty hotel! N the steam room was not working!!!
In a nutshell, this hotel was simply excellent. My old folks were so impressed with the hotel that they insist we come back to stay during our next trip back. They were in fact not that impressed with The Atlantis as that hotel was kinda akin to being trapped on an island with hundreds of tourists. At hilton you at least get to experience local night life with the local peeps at The Walk.
Well done! Way out of my expectations!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Complete with its own private beach and ten award-winning restaurants, Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort is conveniently located within a vibrant promenade area. This stylish retreat in the heart of the Dubai Marina also boasts proximity to the beach mall full of boutiques, restaurants and cinemas. Choose from a selection of rooms and suites overlooking the pristine white sands of the Persian Gulf shoreline or the iconic architecture of the Dubai Marina. Bask in the sun on the resort's private beach, enjoy sailing, snorkeling, waterskiing or windsurfing from the water sports center, or take a swim in the refreshing temperature-controlled pool. Awaken your senses and revitalize your spirit at the resort spa, with a full range of body treatments available. Stay fit in the adjacent health club, offering 400 square meters of strength and cardio equipment and separate male and female steam rooms and saunas. An array of restaurants and bars at Hilton Jumeirah Resort offer exceptional menus, nightly live entertainment and romantic settings. Have a cocktail at the swim-up bar, dine alfresco while looking out at the Gulf, or savor award-winning Italian cuisine. The hotel's proximity to tax-free economic zones and international business and media hubs give it a distinct appeal for business meetings and events. With executive meeting rooms, a grand ballroom and lush landscaped gardens for up to 250 guests, the resort offers enticing possibilities for weddings, celebrations and banquets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Hilton EMEA and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Hotel Dubai
- Hilton Jumeirah Beach
- Hilton Hotel Dubai
- Dubai Hilton Jumeirah