“A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #128 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Singapore, Singapore
“A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Yes the hotel is kinda dated. Yes there is construction around the hotel. Yes there are a gazillion other newer bigger hotels out there in Dubai. But this is still a topknotch hotel. The food and service at BICE restaurant was amazing. Rodel at the front office was super friendly and helpful. The lady at the towel section beside the beachfront even remembered my room number and name (how often does one get that kind of service nowadays?). There were a few minor upsets here and there during our 4 nights 5 days stay in Hilton jumeriah but my whole family can't wait to go back again! I have drawn up a brief list of the excellent service I have had at the hotel:

1. Complimentary airport transfers for guests who have booked the executive rooms were efficent and the drivers were very safe, very polite and prompt.
2. The whole crew at the executive lounge was divine, from check-in to breakfast to tea time to evening cocktail service. They were attentive and explained the food items in details. Hands down Hilton price but Conrad level type of executive lounge service. Some food items could need some improvement but they are not detrimental to the stay.
3. Rooms were great on the 7th and 8th floors. We could hear no noice. Honestly. Once you hit the comfy beds you will be tranported to sleep heaven. Yes the view could have been better but Dubai is massively developing The Walk at JBR presumably for the 2020 expo. Seriously you can hear minimal sound from the construction and the decor is really wel-maintained for an older hotel like the Hilton at JBR. Plus, the housekeeping staff was very friendly and efficient too.
4. I had zero problems getting a sun bed by the beach at various times on various days. The beach was very clean and the waters were turquoise pretty! The security can be a bit FBI-ish when asking for your room details especially when you are chinese but I guess that is actually a plus side for the security of the hotel guests.
5. Rodel at the concierge was extremely helpful when booking the desert safari (well worth going!) and for answering various queries on things to do about town in dubai and on the old town and metro service.
6. Lastly, the service crew at Bice restaurant was topknotch. The food was amazingly good. The lunch menu was value for money. The buratta and lamp chops were maid to perfection. Service crew was very attentive but yet not intrusive. Very well trained staff! Kudos! Impressed!

Not so great points.
1. There were some minor hiccups during check in and during checkout. We only got one of the two rooms at around 5pm plus but the hotel promtply corrected their mistake n more than made up for it. Upon check out some items were charged to our room which should not have been charged. So please check your hotel bills upon check out.
2. Traffic is OMG bad during weekends from Thursdays till Sundays. The jams at the walk can be stagnant right up to 2am plus outside of the hotel. But you can't hear a single thing from your rooms though. In fact the illuminated car lights are actually a sight from your room balcony!
3. The men's locker room at the gym was filthy! I mean FILTHY. That remains my only complaint. You can afford to be an old hotel, but you cannot afford to be a dirty hotel! N the steam room was not working!!!

In a nutshell, this hotel was simply excellent. My old folks were so impressed with the hotel that they insist we come back to stay during our next trip back. They were in fact not that impressed with The Atlantis as that hotel was kinda akin to being trapped on an island with hundreds of tourists. At hilton you at least get to experience local night life with the local peeps at The Walk.

Well done! Way out of my expectations!

Room Tip: Pay for the executive sea view rooms! And tip! Quality comes at a price I guess. Both sides of the h...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Chyneze
Adel A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort..

I truly appreciate that you were satisfied with the efficient service delivered by our team and for sharing your experience most especially with the amazing moment you had in BiCE Restaurant during your stay with us.

On the other note, it is with regret to learn on the issues you have encountered particularly with the check-in and check-out as well as with the gym facilities.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Rest assured that the management have been taken your comments into consideration as basis of improvement.

I hope that the misgiving experienced will not hinder you from considering a repeat stay with us as we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort, in the not so distant future.

Adel Ashry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (872)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Just had a four night stay at the Hilton Jumeirah Beach Resort, well?
Arrived on the Thursday evening and I was shown to our executive alcove room with is sea view. The floor was very wet, somehow there was water coming out of the minibar, which coincidentally was empty. House keeping was informed and the minibar was changed, it took 24hrs to stock it though.
I checked the description of the room on the Hilton web site and it was obvious that the described room we were given was not the one described.
I informed reception who arranged for my wife and I to look at two suites, both without sea view. We were however assures that another room, with a view, would be available later on the Friday evening and it was booked for us.
On Saturday morning I enquired about swapping to the allocated room and I was told it was no longer available but we could have any one of a number of rooms, again without the view.
The duty manager tried in vain to help and I did try and compromise by asking for a refund of some of the monies we had paid but I was told as we had booked using booking.com this was impossible.
Eventually the duty manager came up with a not her room, a fantastic Royal Suite which we took. Unfortunately the minibar, again did not work and this took about 18hrs to resolve.
Shock and horror though, my wife noticed there was a used condom on the floor of the suite, erm!
House keeping were informed and the offending article was removed.
Not a single person from the hotel offered any apology for the lack of cleanliness.
Definitely not looking to return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Pete F
Adel A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time and consideration to let us know about the circumstances surrounding your recent visit to the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconsistencies in service you experienced during your stay as enumerated in your feedback.

We at the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort consistently strive to achieve high standards of service and regret we did not meet your expectations on this particular occasion.

Our primary concern is the quality of your experience in our hotel, and the problems you encountered with the information of the room description, cleanliness of the suite, functionality of the mini bar as well as the transportation arrangements are not at all indicative of the fine service we strive to provide our guests.

We can offer no excuse, but we do want to assure you that your concerns have been addressed with each respective department and steps have been taken to prevent recurrences of this nature in the future.

Please do let me know when you plan to visit Dubai next and I shall personally ensure that you have an enjoyable stay with us.

We deem it a distinct privilege to be of service to you at all time and do look forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort in the not too distant future.

With kind regards,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

It's Dubai, what do you expect? Don't be mislead by the 'resort' moniker, the beach is the other side of a large building site which is destined to become more shops. Just what Dubai needs, more shops. Somewhere else for the self-centred ex-pats to waste their time and money.

Rooms were Hilton standard, business lounge is okay for meals and all day grazing just as long as you can tolerate the couple from (insert middle class suburb here) talking to the waiting staff just a bit too loudly when ordering "the usual" and sounding off about how much money they have.

No different from any other hotel in Dubai really. Can't stand the place, can you tell?

Room Tip: A better room would be anywhere NOT in Dubai. Souless place. I've included a picture of somewher...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Paul C
Adel A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us.

I regret to hear that we were not able to fully meet your expectations on this particular occasion. We understand your sentiment in regards to the developments in the local community and despite those being beyond our control we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

As we always place great value to our every guest's comments, please rest assured that we have taken further steps to address the issue you have raised as basis for improvements.

We hope that the above misgivings mentioned will not hinder you from considering a repeat stay with us as we all look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

I've been to Dubai a few times and this trip decided to stay somewhere different. What a mistake. This hotel may have 5 stars - but only just makes it into that category!!

We paid to have an Executive Room, and as a Gold HHonors member - usually get upgraded. I has to remind them of that at check-in. They upgraded us to a Suite - but to be honest, not even impressed with that. It over looks the construction that is going on and a new outdoor screen - so we get light streaming into the room along with the sound of reversing trucks all night!!

This place describes itself as a "resort". I guess if you are here for business and have a day or few hours to chill at the beach - then its ok.. but more than that - it really is no "resort". A previous posting by someone mentioned the ridiculous towel policy... You get the feeling here that the towels are more important than the guests given the way you need to check them in and check them out and are limited to one per person!!

We found the overall standard of the service pretty poor. There are security guards asking where you are going all of the time... and anything you generally ask for is questioned before they give an answer - or occasionally its just a flat "NO".. The Internet is slow / disconnects all of the time and the TV service did not work one night... through-out the whole hotel. Their response was that because the whole hotel didn't have it - we wernt special - when our point is that for a supposed 5* hotel - the TV service should not fail for over 12 hours.

Used the Spa and the fitness centre once. Fitness area is pretty good - caters for most I would say. The Spa however was no better than average. I guess along with the rest of this hotel - pretty average.

Given the last 2 times we stayed at the nearby Grosvenor House - I would always stay there again and never here. The service is beyond compare and the general feeling at Hilton is that they just can't be bothered.

Room Tip: A different hotel!
2 Thank Scott P
Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate your comments and the effort to share your observations following your recent stay with us.

We at the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort always strive to achieve the satisfaction of all our guests and especially to our Gold Hilton Honors members like yourself and I truly regret to note of your dissatisfaction with your stay at this particular occasion. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

While I understand your sentiments about the on-going development of the area we operate in, I am sure that you would appreciate that thee project to enhance the attractiveness of the destination are beyond our control. At the same time I am disappointed to see that our efforts to guarantee the privacy of our grounds and the security of our guests have left you with the wrong impression.

I want to thank you for the appreciation you have expressed about our Fitness Center and want to assure you that we have taken on-board very seriously your comments about the TV and internet services provided.

Furthermore, I would take this opportunity to thank you for your continuous patronage for the Hilton brand and I want to assure you that customer satisfaction continues to be on the top of our list of priorities.

We truly hope that the shortcomings experienced will not hinder you from considering a repeat stay with us as we all look forward for an opportunity to regain your trust in the quality of our product. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally on Adel.ashry@hilton.com if I could be of any further assistance.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

"The wonderful hotel staff made our stay so enjoyable. They could not have been any more helpful or courteous. I have never stayed anywhere where the staff looked so motivated and enthusiastic - and I have stayed in some very nice hotels. The rooms were a little small, but had everything one would need, our cleaner, Romeo was very diligent and our room was spotless every single day of our week-long stay. Breakfast buffet was good, plenty to choose from, drinks are a bit expensive but we expected that and it is very handily placed to explore all the local shops and restaurants (especially the Mai Tai Lounge). So I have no hesitation in heartily recommending this hotel for the first-class service that is sadly lacking in so many other hotels."

2 Thank Ian B
St Andrews, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

A great place to stay for work (Dubai Internet city is close by car or ) or vacation with the shops and restaurants of the The Walk on Jumeirah Beach Road. Great hotel facilities to switch off from work and I had dinner at Wagamama a short walk from the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Ivo S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

We had just spent 10 nights in the Maldives and decided that stopping off in Dubai for 3 nights would be a great way to break up the flight back to England. I booked the Jumeriah Beach Hotel. The only thing we were worried about was the 50 degree heat. But Dubai have that under control. Air con everywhere even in the streets. The hotel was AMAZING. The decor was stunning and they had loads of little touches. The escalators only moved once you were on them. They had surround sound system in the bathroom and a line so that you could dry your bikini.
The food was 1st class. Just luxury. Staff are friendly. shopping out of this world

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple