“Beautiful Dubai and amazing service in the hotel”

Hilton Dubai Jumeirah
Ranked #130 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Almaty, Kazakhstan
“Beautiful Dubai and amazing service in the hotel”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Everything is so good here and the location of the hotel, and the rooms layout and design, and the breakfast with lots of choices in the main restaurant Oceana, and the staff at the reception. Everyone smiling and lovely girls at GSD - special thanks to Elena, Ksenia and Rita. They are always ready to help. The service in Hilton is fantastic. We would love if there is a chance to come back here

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (902)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here with friends for a 2 x night weekend break. As residents of UAE we have never stayed at this hotel so we took advantage of a last minute deal. At first we were a little vexed to be given a room with balcony overlooking the street rather than the beach but after a few minutes we realised it was much more interesting looking down over The Walk and watching the people and the Super Cars going by rather than looking out into the darkness of the ocean. The room was very nice as you would expect from a Hilton Hotel. It had a large King-size bed and a flat screen TV. The bathroom was a little small but had all of the amenities as per usual.

Once again we were irritated to find that we had to pay for the internet @ AED100 for 24 x hours. This is getting to be the most annoying thing about staying at a Hilton. in 2014 the Internet should be as standard as having a TV or a bathroom and it should come included in the room rate. Wise up Hilton if you do this we have very little to complain about.

The beach club area is very well maintained and there are lots of sunbeds. Although by the afternoon all of the beds are taken and there are lots of people in this area. We had lunch at the Wave Breakers Bar and provided you are not in any rush you will be happy with the food. It seems to take a long time for the food to come from the kitchen and when you are paying top prices the service should match. The Shisha guys are also a little hit & miss and they seem to walk straight past you with the coal pan when you are in obvious need of fire!.

Other than that I would stay here again but preferably at a time of year that is a little quieter.

Room Tip: If you want to people watch get a room overlooking the walk, this made a nice change to the usual ex...
1 Thank damian s
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We had a wonderful stay here. Very comfortable and clean. The staff was really responsive and helped immediately with whatever we needed. The best part was the wonderful beach and pool area where we spent a very happy day there. Lots of loungers on the beach and on the cool, grassy areas. The pool even had a swim-up bar and hooka service. Loved it, and the area around the hotel has tons of new shops and restaurants. If you are a Hilton Honors member, you have access to the great members lounge where we ate breakfast everyday.

1 Thank Georgette L
West Calder, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Firstly, I should say that the hotel were initially extremely helpful when we had to ask to change our dates at short notice due to a serious family illness. As it was booked as a non changeable and non cancelleable deal, they would have been within their rights to refuse to assist, so they deserve top marks for their sympathetic handling of a difficult situation.

However, when our new dates rolled around, I wrote twice and asked if there was a hotel shuttle bus available for airport collections. No reply to either email. Significantly, when I inquired about spending some money to arrange flowers for the room for my wife, they were happy to help, couldn't have been more helpful actually.

And that for me, sums up this particular hotel, it's all about the revenue. They'll go out of their way to sell you an upgrade, or sell you a breakfast package if you haven't booked one (we had originally, but lost the breakfast deal when we had to change our dates).

And don't get me started on paid for internet. I travel a huge amount on business and I find it detestable (and I do mean detestable) in this day and age that hotels still feel the need to make money from internet access from guests. In this particular hotel, its around £100.00 for 7 days internet. And it's clear from talking to other guests at the hotel that they feel the same, I overheard 2 other guests making a similar complaint.

Having read other complaints about this aspect at this Hilton, you can expect their guest relations manager to reply to my point with "hilton gold and platinum members always enjoy complimentary internet service" big deal, that probably accounts for less than 5% of the people who use this hotel.

So, to the actual hotel;

On arrival, I did indeed spend a not inconsiderable amount to upgrade my room with the proviso that this included breakfast and internet access. Turns out it didn't include internet access and I had to have a further robust discussion before they conceded. They don't seem to appreciate, constantly arguing about things like this just takes the shine off what is supposed to be a relaxing break away from what you probably do day to day in business.

The "upgraded" room was nice enough, spacious with a comfortable bed and a decent sized bathroom. The shower curtain had a slight stale smell to it and unfortunately, the cistern leaked water every time the toilet was flushed. To be fair, they repaired it quickly when advised, but by the end of our stay, it was happening again.

I've read other guest reviews to say there are elements of this hotel looking a bit tired and careworn, and I'd agree on some aspects. Certainly, quite a number of the sunbeds have seen better days.

I did like the fact that there are a number of garden areas with sun loungers as my wife and I prefer that to sitting on the beach. There are plenty of sunbeds on the beach, but there's about 2 feet of space between them and that's our idea of holiday hell.

As noted in some other reviews, the staff in this hotel are all very friendly and polite, but again, I had the feeling they were trying extra hard in order to increase the size of their tip.

In summary, it wasn't a bad stay, but it did leave the impression that more than anything, this particular Hilton is mainly after your money. Whilst I cant see my wife and I returning to Dubai on holiday anytime soon, if we did, we'd probably pay a little bit extra and go somewhere nicer than here.

And that's not to say it was bad overall, it depends on what you want and what you are used to, but I've no doubt there is better in Dubai.

Room Tip: We could see the construction works on the building opposite, but it is far enough away that the noi...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dyet92
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Me and my friend stayed in hilton Jumeirah for a weekend break only. We very liked the hotel, the territory is very green and taken care of. Although there are a lot of people there is awayd a lot of place for everyone. We will recommend this hotel for families with children

• Stayed March 2014
Adel A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dubai Jumeirah, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear Guest,

We are grateful to learn that you had a pleasurable stay with us at the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort.

Thank you so much for your recommendation and will continue to focus on providing a high quality of service to all of our valuable guests.

Looking forward to welcome you back again to our hotel in the nearest future.

Sincerely yours.

Adel Ashry
Stockton on Tees
Reviewed 10 March 2014

After a hectic fortnight in kenya, a 2 night stay at this hotel was there to allow my wife some retail therapy and myself a transition back to western life. We got the opportunity to fly back on the afetrnoon rather than the overnight flight so a request for an extra night should have posed little problem- either 'we can' or 'sorry we are full'. No, its back to your travel agent ( in the UK). Why? Commisison issues?? So we booked in at another hotel- the Oasis Beach Towers- 100 yeards away and walked across next morning. here we were welcomed with 'how would you like to upgrade- minor advantages.... AED 600 ( GBP 100, EUR 120 or USD 165 a room per night extra). WOW! I'm being checked in by a salesman who seems to have no regard to what I might personally want. Rapidly declined the offer but the salespitch only wound down afetr 5 minutes or so. Room at the high standard one would expect from the Hilton, and so also the prices eg AED 24 ( GBP 4 EUR 5 or USD 6.50) for a cheap ice cream on the beach or AED 30 for a Magnum ( 6 for GBP 5 in my local supermarket in the UK which happens to be AED 30). Why no complimnentary in room WiFi? 2 hrs free in the lobby otherwise AED 100 for 24 hours. We all have this at home- for AED 100 a month approx- and hence this should now be standard in any 4 or 5 star hotel. Only by making this point publically will such hotels ever change ( PS it was free in room at the Oasis Beach). We had a room facing the street and found the soundproofing excellent. My son enjoyed car watching from the balcony and the walkway is an excellent place to spot large numbers of high end vehicles. He would not have had this pleasure had I spilt my wallet at the start. Breakfast good but not exceptional- far better at the Atlantis. Why does one have to wait for one's coffee to be served when this is a buffet? One one occasion I was almost finished when this finally arrived. Pool area overcrowded as was beach. Towel oeprates on a vouvher- strictly one towel per person. Why? My Wife likes one behind her head and one to lie on. All in all an average experience for a 5 star hotel and for similar money the Atlantis is significantly better without the hassle.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Adel A, Director of Operations at Hilton Dubai Jumeirah, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort and for sharing your comments following your recent stay with us.

While we are disappointed to learn that we were not able to fully meet your expectations on this particular occasion, we are thankful that you have brought to our attention your honest feedback and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

We at Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort are proud of our efforts to provide a great customer experience and we accept all suggestions on how to further strengthen our position amongst the leaders of the industry we operate in. We want to assure you that while our prices reflect the level of the market we operate in we have taken your comments seriously on-board in our quest to search for even better ways to deliver a great value-for-money experience for all our guests.

Your positive comments on our location, the quietness of the room and the quality of our breakfast indicate that we are on the right track to continue to meet and exceed the expectations of our loyal patrons.

Despite the shortcomings experienced, we look forward to a chance to welcoming you back to our property to regain your confidence in the quality of our service and facilities.

Sincerely yours,

Boris Guerov
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Hilton is a great hotel on the beach with all the needed facilities (heated pool, private beach, children's corner on the beach, restaurants, bars, gym). It was a very nice experience with 2 exceptions: 1. noise outside the hotel - impossible for Hilton to control 2. cost of Internet in the room - ridicoulos for 21st century

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Adel A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dubai Jumeirah, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay at the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort.

While we are grateful for your kind words complimenting the facilities and the location of the hotel, I regret to hear of your disappointment particularly with the rate of our internet service. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused you.

I am sure you would appreciate that the noise outside the hotel are beyond our control, customer satisfaction remains our top priority.

We always take pleasure in receiving feedback from our valued guests as this enables us to improve more.

Despite of the misgivings you had mentioned, we are happy to learn that you enjoyed your overall stay and we look forward to welcoming and serving you again in the future.

Sincerely yours,