“Great hotel, good location”

Hyatt Regency Dubai
Ranked #70 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My friend & i were invited to a wedding in Dubai, so we booked the Hyatt Regency Hotel. This hotel is lovely, the rooms are modest in size but have everything you require. The hotel staff were very attentive, in particular the restaurant staff where we had breakfast. Check in was efficient and friendly. The revolving restaurant on the 25th floor is a must, the changing view of Dubai is amazing. Definitely worth a visit. A word of caution, the taxi's (white) that service the hotel are expensive, but you can also get a normal taxi from outside the hotel and these are cheaper. Also the staff who greet you at the main entrance doors to the hotel are very helpful and courteous even in the very high temperatures that they were exposed to. I would definitely stay at that hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 July 2011

Nice property near deira. Good hospitality. Gym was best to go. Even swimming pool was nice. It also has a night club which was quite commendable. Well would love to visit again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Rishi19825
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I stayed this hotel thrice. now i am going to stay again with my family fourth time.very very very good hotel so i first time decided to stay with my family from 23july for four days. i am witness the hotels execellent service. very good breakfast and clean rooms .also give my room early. every thing very very well arranged. nice staff. excellent

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Firstly the staff is really professional. All english speakers. The rooms are great. Clean and the upkeep is good. We are so happy with the hotel that we are telling all our friends and family. We are currently staying at the hotel.

The hotel has some great features like an ice rink, nice resturants, good roomservice, and a perfect pool.

We just love it.

The Kitchen is a resturant with makes the best thai green curry and has one of the best dessert buffet we have seen. The pannacotta is to die for. Where do you get a good dinner with dessert for under 27 dollars at a five star hotel? We did at The kitchen!

We also had a nice dinner at the revolving resturant at the top. The buffet has some good asian food. The view is spectacular.

My wife had a birthday some days ago, and the staff wrote a nice card (signed by a staff member) and gave us a nice big fruit basket. What a nice gesture.

This hotel is worth the stay..

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Nice hotel, best breakfast ever! You have your own chef personally cooking you what you would like.
However the Hotel is in the older part of Dubai in which as a female I felt un-comfortable in the town.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SimieMelbourne
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Great hotel comfortable rooms. The biggest and best buffet breakfast we have ever had.
Dinner at Shahrzad (Iranian) restaurant (at the hotel)absoutely fabulous.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jennyGeelong
Reviewed 22 June 2011

May 28, I arrived at Dubai flying with Emirate A380. Emirate, thumb up!! You make my holiday begin beautifully. Not only the food you serve is in good standard (for those who travel in economy, you know what I mean.), but also u serve us with a good manner. From now on, Emirate will be my first choice.
Dubai, I love it. The people I met are all so nice.
Hyatt Regency - it might not be by the famous beach side, but the hotel offer free shuttle bus to take guest down to Dubai Mall etc. The staff in the hotel are all so helpful and friendly.
Tip 1: if you wanna buy any souvenir, wait until you get to the airport on the air side. Is cheaper than any shops (stalls) unless you really enjoy haggle.
Tip 2: fancy a desert 4-wheel-drive? Price could be quite a different. I joined ABC (with the help of the staff in the hotel) which cost me only around 140AED pp. The program seems the same with the expensive one. (the only different is ABC don't include alcohol drink, while the expensive one included) I enjoy my experience with the ABC. Special thanks to the Henna tatoo lady, she is so nice/friendly and her henna tatoo are all beautifully done.
Tip 3: dress code. Many lady worry about what to wear. I still suggest to wear unrevealed style. short sleeve is fine. but tight strappy top, hot pants, mini skirt are a no no. Unless, u enjoy being stare with a disgusting. I said that is because I saw how people on the street react when two young ladies walking in front of me with this kind of clothing on. Later I was told by the taxi driver that many ladies from all over the world 'work' in Dubai's night clubs would dress like this on the street to attract 'client'. So ladies, if you don't want to be mistaken, leave your sexy kitten top in your hotel. Dubai is a Muslim country.
Tip 5 : you do need some cash but I do find the exchange rate seems to be better in Dubai.
Tip 6 : If you want to be on the tallest building in Dubai - Burj Khalifa. I strongly suggest u pre-booked ticket on line. Not only it is much much cheaper, but also you can choose what time you like to go. Time around the sunset is most popular. Also, don't forget to bring in some sort of ID when you collect the ticket. Before you get into the building, you will asked to take a photo. At the end, before you leave, a staff will offer you to buy that photo. I was asked to pay 500 AED. It is far more that I expected. So I didn't want it.

Enjoy Dubai. Is a great place to visit.

Stayed June 2011