Hyatt Regency Dubai
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hilton Dubai Creek(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$127
  • Pool
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$311
US$257
  • Pool
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$522
US$309
US$279
US$1,845
US$1,698
Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$182
US$513
US$425
US$3,232
TripAdvisor
2,943 results
All reviewsrevolving restaurantice rinkgold soukal dawaarsun decktennis courtsclub roommetro stationbusiness hotelvery nice hotelbuffet breakfastfive star hotelrooms are spaciousshopping mallexcellent stayclose to the airportspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We stayed in this amati g hotel for 6 nights (from 24th to 30th dec).
Where I can start from? Ok the reception: very kind to understand that we flight all night long and the hotel Was ready to Give us the room ready at 9 am.
The room Was great at the 16th floor, big, clean and with an amazing view.
Breakfast wonderfull and restaurants inside the hotel have a very high quality of food (unfortunately also prices were very high, but what can you expect from a restaurant in a 5 stars hotel?).
The concierge Was great with us he gave some nice suggestions and he treated us lime his best friends.
And to finish our vacation the hotel bring us to the airport with a super elegant benz s class.
What can I say more? Nothing more than: you have absolutely to go!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LaLella1976
HRegency, Executive Assistant Manager Rooms at Hyatt Regency Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Dear Lalela1976

Thank you for the nice review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our team to be welcoming and helpful.
Hope to see you in Dubai again soon.
Kind regards

Reviewed 29 December 2012

I have been travelling to Dubai for a conference and had a stay at Hyatt Regency Dubai. It was really a very good experience. The rooms and the amenities are really good. Also the location is very suitable.

Room Tip: A real good Hotel to stay when in Dubai
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ashwanikx36
HRegency, Executive Assistant Manager Rooms at Hyatt Regency Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

Dear Ashwanikx36,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

best regards

Reviewed 27 December 2012

Hayat Regency Dubai Hotel is a very interesting place.we stay 10day in hayat.and very good.and good food and restaurant very clean.Nearby markets are very nice to explore.have very good disco.but the internet service is not free.tanks.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank hamed y

Dear Hamed Y

Thank you for your review, I am thrilled that you enjoyed your ten night stay with us and that you enjoyed the nearby gold, spice and fabric souks.

The local authorities are making this even easier now by installing an overhead walkway across the road between the hotel and the souks!

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

We arrived at reception to be told that we needed to provide a credit card so that a security deposit of about 400 AED could be obtained during our stay. I only had debit cards which I was told were not acceptable - eventually I handed over 500 AED in cash. My wife and I have travelled extensively in Europe and Asia and we have never encountered this before. Maybe it's common practice in Dubai. We had also booked to take a Dune Dinner tour the following afternoon with Arabian Adventures. We were expecting an information package, but we're told that it had not arrived at the hotel.
Due to this "human error" (the package was at the hotel), there was a mix-up with our pick up time the following day and we missed the tour. It was to be the highlight of our stay!!!!!
To the hotel's credit, they admitted the error was theirs and we were offered compensation. We were, compliments of the hotel, offered a Dune Dinner tour the following evening (not an option as we had other arrangements and couldn't contact the people we were to meet), dinner at the hotel's restaurant or an evening cruise that night on Dubai Creek. Unfortunately we chose the latter because we thought it was an opportunity to experience the sights of Dubai. Very poor choice, it was very ordinary.
WiFi only available in the foyer, which was inconvenient, especially if you wanted to use Skype.
The hotel's location is away from the centre of Dubai, although taxi fares are very reasonable. There is also an underground railway station which is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Wouldn't like to walk to it on a hot day.
On the positive side, our room was comfortable, the breakfasts were excellent and the concierge staff were extremely helpful.
Two things to be aware of if staying at this hotel. When going out to get a taxi you will be offered the services of one of the "private taxis" waiting across from the hotel's entrance. You will be offered a flat rate to your destination, and it's all above-board. However, the cost between taking one of these cars and a taxi is substantially different - in our case it was 20 AED.
The other point I would make is that there are more than one Hyatt hotels in Dubai. We got in a taxi at the Dubai Mall, showed the driver on a map that we wanted to go to the Hyatt Regency but ended up heading for the Park Hyatt. Obviously not knowing Dubai, it was only at the last minute that we realised that we were heading in the wrong direction. We weren't the only ones this happened to. The next day, whilst we were in the foyer, a gentleman arrived only to find out he should have been taken to the Park Hyatt. I don't think this is a scam because in our case the driver deducted part of the fare charge.
Additionally, the hotel has many facilities. We only availed ourselves of the bar above the foyer for a nightcap. Otherwise, too much to see and only a little time to do it in.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Philip8789

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review.

Please accept our apologies for the unfortunate incident regarding the Desert Safari tour. Our staff did their very best to recover this situation, howver your we fully understand your dissapointment in missing your tour.

Our location is often discussed in this forum. For some, it is a fantastic location - close to the Gold, spice and fabric souks, for others wanting the malls and beach, there are closer hotels. That said, getting around Dubai is very easy and getting easier all the time. The metro is very easy to use and within walking distance of the hotel and the various taxi services are amoungst the most efficient in the world.

I do hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2012

I had a conference at the Hyatt Regency in Dubai. When I checked in I asked the receptionist to pay for my whole stay (4 nights) in advance. She said that I couldn't do that and that I can only pay upon check out. Then, she informed me that they have to block the equivalent of $300 on my credit card and that the block will be released after 5-10 days. I gave her my credit card thinking that she'd only block $300. The whole issue was very confusing because the other receptionist told one of my colleagues that the hotel would block $400 and another receptionist told another one of my colleagues that the hotel would block the full fees for the stay. Also, my colleagues could pay for their stay in advance! Anyway, the second day of my stay in Dubai I went shopping and wanted to pay on my credit card only to be told that I have reached my credit limit and cannot pay on my credit card. When I checked my bank statement online I found out that the hotel had blocked about $700. Needless to say, I spent the whole trip not being able to use my credit card, which was infuriating since I'd planned to use my credit card during the trip. I have stayed at numerous hotels in Dubai and around the world and never have I seen such incompetence on the part of the hotel staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank honestreviews88
HRegency, Executive Assistant Manager Rooms at Hyatt Regency Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Dear honestreviews88,

I am sorry to learn of the frustrations you experienced regarding your creditcard whilst staying with us in Dubai, and in particular if the security deposit process was not explained properly during the checkin process.

To enable our guests to charge incidental items to their rooms throughout their stay, we ask all guests for an Aed350 per night security deposit (approx USD100). This amount is a pre approved block on the card which is then either cancelled (if unused) or charged (to the amount used) upon checking out.

I trust that the rest of your experience was a good one and that the conference went well.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that the creditcard situation caused.