“Good For Business Hotel”
Review of Jumeira Rotana

Jumeira Rotana
Ranked #166 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
Jakarta
“Good For Business Hotel”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

(+)
Big room , Big Sofa in room
Clean Room
Love the pillow and linen
Good location , just few minutes walk to Carrefour super market

(-)
Small swimming pool
No free internet
Most of the front desk staff was not show a welcome face

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
JumeiraRotana, General Manager at Jumeira Rotana, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Jumeira Rotana Dubai.

Your positive comments will be shared with all colleagues in the hotel and I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve further our standards, constructive feedback from valued clients such as yourself is always greatly appreciated.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jumeira Rotana Dubai in the near future.

Dana Hlavnova

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Marmaris
Reviewed 13 March 2014

What can I say.. I stayed at Jumeria Rotana for 5 nights from 8-14 March for business and it has to be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff is super friendly and super helpful. From reception to housekeeping, they were really the best hotel staff that I ever saw.

The rooms are very large compared to other 4 star hotels I have stayed in. The bathrooms are pretty standard but they are very clean. The housekeeping certainly does a good job. You get complimentary water, tea, coffee every day and the mini bar contents are satisfactory. The bed sheets are clean and has the fresh smell. The noise level was perfect indeed as I had no disturbances whatsoever. Overall, the rooms are very good and I slept like a baby.

The Boston bar downstairs offers great food served by some great people. I recommend the pan fried salmon fillets or the lamb chops if you are feeling naughty. The bar offers live sports all day long and it has a non-smoking section too. I thought the prices were litlle high but I guess that is expected from any bar that serves alcohol in Dubai. On a side note, my colleague somehow lost 100 USD which he realised after about 30 minutes , I informed the security and they found his money at the bar within 5 minutes. Overall, the boston offers a relaxed atmosphere and I definetly recommend a visit. We ate there 4 out of 5 nights :)

The terrace of the hotel has a swimming pool and the good thing is you don't have to take your room towel as they offer clean towels free of charge. The pool is open from 6:30 am till 10:00pm. The only negative impression I had about the pool was that there was some slime around the edges. I think they can do something to improve this. Also, a cold jacuzzi might be a nice addition.

Breakfast is also served at the top floor but I thought it wasn't good value for money. The range of food wasn't great but it wasn't too bad either. Anyway, I am not a huge breakfast person so what do I know.

Lastly, the hotel is very near the beach which is a nice option for off days. Also there are many shops around. There is a Korean restaurant five minutes walk away. There are also KFC, Popeyes, Taza and some Lebanese restaurants nearby. So you won't go hungy. If you get too bored, just go to Dubai mall by taxi. Anyway, location wise I think this is a pretty good hotel too.

I normally visit Dubai for attending exhibitions and seminars, and I normally feel very tired after my long days of work and I have stayed in some very bad hotels too. But this time, I really didn't feel tired at all and I think this was down to the fact that Jumeira Rotana is a great hotel that offers comfort and value for money at the same time. It is certainly a perfect hotel for business travellers.

I don't know if other Rotana hotels are the same but for Dubai I rather not take my chances. Jumeira Rotana is my second home from now on. I only hope they won't increase their prices after this good review :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bybassios
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Jumeira Rotana Dubai and for such a gratifying review.

Your positive comments will be shared with all colleagues in the hotel.

We do hope to see you again very soon and make your next stay as impeccable as you had your last stay.

Pontypool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I booked this hotel as part of a surprise 50th birthday trip to Dubai for my husband. The staff at the hotel made our stay very special. Receptionists were very helpful and the house keeping staff especially Ramalito was exceptional!
Our room had a lovely view and although the gym and pool area is small it is well equipped and the staff very accommodating. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice and again very attentive staff.
The Boston bar which is joined to the reception area was a let down and we were extremely disappointed with the clientele frequenting the bar! This was definitely a let down and did not do justice to the hotel.
The hotel is not within walking distance to the main attractions but the taxi service is excellent and very cheap.
All in all we had an excellent 5 night stay and would recommend the hotel to people who are willing to walk about 20 minutes to the metro or use the taxis , but avoid the Boston Bar!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 316 which had excellent views
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jane C
JumeiraRotana, General Manager at Jumeira Rotana, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted to learn that your stay with us had been a thoroughly enjoyable one and you will come back again to our hotel.

It was, however, most concerning to learn that you were disappointed about Boston Bar. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced.

Thank you once again and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jumeira Rotana Hotel some time in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I had mixed experience at this Hotel. Overall I was disappointed at the service and facilities it provided and therefore would not recommend this Hotel. Please read on as I explain why.

The location of the Hotel was fine. It was off the main street; however the view from our room was awful. We were facing a large unattractive block of flats. It felt like staying in a populated South American city.

The Room was large and spacious, with good furniture. The bathroom was not up to standard. The shower would give warm water and not hot water. I do know that Dubai is a warm place, but being mostly indoors under air con ambient temperatures I would have preferred to shower in hot water and not warm water. Also having a bath was out of question. The tub had ‘awkward’ unattractive marks. It did not look clean therefore bath was not possible. This is unacceptable given this place is a 4 star hotel and located in what they claim a world class city of Dubai. The bathroom toiletries were of very good quality.

The Gym had good fitness equipments to cater for most needs. The pool area was very small and appeared a bit ‘dull’

The biggest disappointment was in the Hotel Restaurants.

We paid extra money for half board because we heard great reviews about their Five Dining Restaurant. However when we reached our Hotel we were told that the Five Dining Restaurant was undergoing renovation. This was disappointing and should be been notified to us after booking.

We were told that we had to have our dinner at the Boston Bar or at the Brauhaus German Restaurant.

On our 1st night we ate at the Boston Bar. This place was incredibly loud, noisy and full of smokers. The half board menu was very limited, with very poor range to choose from. This was a 2 star restaurant menu, this was poor standard.

I had a potato soup for starters. The waitress forgot to give us spoons, therefore had to wait about 5 min for it. They were apparently busy. My point is if you close down your main restaurant surely you must re-allocate your staff to areas you know people will go to eat. But the Hotel seemed to fail to realise this in advance. The soup I had tasted ok, however the main dish, meat lasagne was awful. The meat was rubbery and had no flavours. After our main meal we were waiting for our desert. But the waitress forgot to get our desert. We were waiting for at least 10 min, when asked if our food was coming. The waitress felt embarrassed and than rushed to get our desert. We told of our appalling service to the duty manager, but he failed to enforce and deal with the situation.

On our 2nd night we avoided Boston Bar and went to the German Brauhaus Restaurant. This place had terrible décor. The bar area occupied vast space, therefore the supposedly restaurant looked like another bar or pub. Again the half board menu was very, very disappointing. We hardly had anything to choose from. The vegetable served were chunky and bland and boring. There couple of guys near the bar drank, talking loudly, flirting with the bar lady.

On our 3rd night the Five Dining Restaurant opened. This was very good indeed. It had a variety of selection of buffet and it looked like a restaurant.

I was also disappointed the fact that there was no free wifi in the hotel, not even in the lobby. I stayed at hotels in Egypt and even Tunisia where they would provide free wifi. This being a 4 star hotel and based in Dubai could not provide this facility. In fact a nearby café provided us with free wifi. This I feel was poor decision by the hotel

With poor service, poor facilities and poor food offerings, I would struggle to recommend this place

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Motinali
JumeiraRotana, General Manager at Jumeira Rotana, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was very disappointed to learn that your stay was underwhelming and that you left the hotel with a less than positive impression of our hotel.

We work hard to try and ensure that each and every guest is treated as a VIP and it seems we were unsuccessful on this occasion. I have noted and shared your comments with the team at the hotel so we can see where we went wrong and any areas that need improvement.

Please be assured all feedback – whether positive or constructive – is taken very seriously by the hotel, as without remarks such as yours we would be unable to enhance our service standards and facilities.

In thanking you again we trust you had a smooth onward journey.

Best regards

Doha
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights and was given room 103. Check-in was a breeze and took no more than 10 minutes. the same is true for check-out. Breakfast and internet were complimentary (or included in the room rate) and there were no problems connecting to the wireless network.

The location of the hotel was ok but not great. it is a 2-minute walk to a main street where you can find supermarkets, restaurants and bus stops.

The room was spacious and had a large sofa set. Electric kettle, hair dryer and weighing scale are all available in the room. The bathroom was spotless although the bathtub was a bit small. There was lots of closet space but not enough hangers.

Breakfast was served at the restaurant in the 5th floor and starts at 6:30 AM. The food was good and the selection was adequate. Service was also ample however i noticed that if you are having breakfast very early in the morning, there is only one staff member attending to all the guests.

Service was good and all of the staff were very nice and courteous.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank jdm922
JumeiraRotana, General Manager at Jumeira Rotana, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconveniences you experienced during this visit .

It is our goal to maintain the highest standards of service to all our guests and it is only from feedback such as yours that we are able to improve our facilities and services.

Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I have stayed at various Rotana properties before and thus I was expecting a certain level of service, however the staff at Jumeira Rotana managed to leave an even greater positive impression on me. I arrived in the morning and was expecting to wait until my room would be ready. To my surprise, I was checked in by the Front Office Manager who dealt with me in an extremely attentive and professional way and even provided me a room before the standard check-in time, considering my room preferences.

The room itself was very spacious and had a great big seating area. Although the furniture might seem a bit outdated, everything was spotlessly clean and all amenities in place. The bathroom was a bit small though, but again no fault in terms of cleanliness. The complimentary wifi connection was a great added value and worked perfectly with all my devices.

I did try the room service several time, all my orders were taken in a polite and professional manner and ended with an above-average dining experience.

As I am a frequent traveller to Dubai, I am sure to return to Jumeira Rotana as everything simply works up to expectation!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This was great value for money. Hotel was lovely and clean and the staff very helpful and attentive.
Breakfast was buffet style with loads of choice each day and again very helpful staff. The guy who looked after my room was really good, finding me extra coat hangers etc.
Only negative issue was internet connection, and never did manage to achieve it during my 3 night stay.
I arrived early and room was allocated very shortly afterwards without charge which was great after a night flight.

Would certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
JumeiraRotana, General Manager at Jumeira Rotana, responded to this review, 3 February 2014