Habtoor Grand Resort, Autograph Collection, A Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle Hotel
Ranked #111 of 541 Hotels in Dubai
London
“Should not be a 5* Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2009

Not what I was expecting at all from a 5* hotel.
The main drawbacks were the staff very dis-organised and not helpful at all, our room was located near one of the bars on the 3rd floor - the noise was ridiculously loud. I really had to make a fuss in order to get them to move us (as their initial response was it will finish at 3am!!)
Getting a sunbed on the beach is a struggle, getting a towel is just as bad!!!
I really do not understand how it is a 5* hotel - very disappointed overall! There are far nicer hotels in Dubai!!!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
HGRS, Hotel Manager at Habtoor Grand Resort, Autograph Collection, A Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle Hotel, responded to this review, 19 December 2009
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments from your recent stay at Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa. All guest feedback helps us to identify where to improve our services and facilities; we certainly appreciate your comments.

I was however concerned to hear that you experienced some inconvenience in getting a sun bed , and would like to offer you my sincere apologies for that.
I am sure you agree that we have more than enough sun beds available for our guests and there is no need of reserving a chair early morning. Unfortunately this is a “common practice” for many customers, even though it is highly discouraged by the hotel management.
Once again, thank you for your honest and precious feedback.

Reda Benghal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (598)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Doha
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2009

took amount of my card twice claiming its a mistake, and when i didnt like the hotel wanted to leave they forced me to pay the whole stay so i can leave! loud music all night long and dirty housekeeping

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve.
I am of course very concerned to learn that your experience fell short of your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed.
We hope to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa.

Brighton, UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2009

If you are looking for rude, impersonal service, and a tasteless, canteen breakfast that tries to pass itself as a five star buffet, this is for you!

If however you are looking for a tranquil beach resort in a beautiful setting, with great service and stunning views (as suggested by most of the website images of this hotel), then look elsewhere.

This hotel is now surrounded by a construction site, and we were woken every morning before 8am, to the noise of drilling, banging etc, which continued whether we were on the beach, by the pool or anywhere else in the resort!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank G73
Dear Valued Guest,
I regret to hear that your experience at Habtoor Grand did not meet your expectations for this stay; With reference to your comment on the construction noise, there are currently many exciting projects underway in Dubai and as part of this development; construction is ongoing in the Dubai Marina area. We do however try our utmost to ensure that any disturbance and inconvenience to our guests is kept to a minimum.

Milton keynes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2009

very nice hotel, lovely staff. good value food and drink, nice clean room. you must go and experience this!

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay in our hotel. Your comments are really helpful for the entire Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa team and encourage us to improve our services. It was a pleasure to learn that in general you enjoyed our hotel. Your kind comments concerning our service quality are very much appreciated.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2009

Stayed here 10th Nov 09 for 3 nights for the first leg of our honeymoon, booked through Trailfinders. Picked up at the airport straight away in a beautiful A6 Audi and taken to the Habtoor for about a 9am arrival. On arriving our cases were taken immediately to a storage room. We were then taken to reception and greeted by a beautiful host, Leya, as you would imagine, check-in wasn't possible at that early time so Leya suggested we change in the changing rooms and relax by the pool, our luggage card would suffice for purchases billed to our account. By lunch our room was ready which had been upgraded to a sea view tower balcony room. Entering the room the porter shown us around and soon after arrival a cheese board, fruit basket and a beautiful red wine was sent up compliments of the hotel. The room was fantastic, (stayed in many 5 star hotels and spend 10 months of the year in hotels all around Europe) very spacious, spotlessly clean and all the amenities you could need, plasma TV, tea and coffee, minibar, safe, DVD player, the lot. Bathroom was big too, big bath and seperate power shower, bidet the lot. Only booked on a bed/breakfast basis. Breakfast very good, all you could imagine to eat, plus 2 chefs cooking eggs whichever way you wanted! How can you beat that? Other bars in the hotel all had great staff, especially the Horizon bar on the 3rd floor, staff very attentive, after 2 drinks the previous night they remembered our drinks and asked on arrival 2nd night

• Stayed November 2009
1 Thank TheTraveller147
Dear Valued Guest,
It is a real pleasure reading your review, it is much appreciated. We are so pleased to read that your stay and experience was fantastic. Especially with regards to the services which were offered to you by our Ms. Leya upon your arrival, I must admit that they did an excellent job and I will definitely forward your comments to the entire hotel staff.
I would like to thank again you for your time in sharing your your kind comments concerning our service quality are very much appreciated.

Laval
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2009

Very nice hotel with access to the beach... very classy and clean... a bit of constructions everywhere (that's dubai), so not very quiet... the staff is friendly...

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for staying with us as well as for your kind review and remarks. We share all such comments with the entire team and they will surely be very pleased to know that our efforts have been appreciated.

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2009

I see that other people have had a similar experience as my husband and I who have just returned from a two week stay at the Habtoor. We have been to Dubai many times staying at the One & Only, Rotana, Jumeira Beach and Royal Meridian, all fantastic hotels with staff and standards to match, something you come to expect when you go to Dubai. Unfortunately our stay at this 'faulty towers' establishment turned into quite a traumatic experience. On arrival our first impression was that of the usual excellent standard of the hotels in Dubai, a large, bright and airy tower room on the seventh floor with a full sea view. What we didn't know was that there was an open air night club on the 3rd floor belting out music until 2.00 am which is fine if you are of an age where you still appreciate that sort of thing, however if you are older or you have young children and you or they want to sleep, forget it. If you are accustomed to the exceptionally high standards of room valeting as at the previous hotels mentioned for example, don't expect it here, though to be fair I can only speak for our room but clearly training is lacking here. In fact the same can be said about the staff at breakfast, no clue about how to set a table. Anyone needing the internet, take your own laptop and usb modem as this hotel charges Dh50 per hour, total rip-off! On a positivenote, I have to say the Polo bar is very enjoyable, lovely surroundings, great atmosphere, warm friendly staff and great snacks. I would recommend the spa, Yvette is one of the most profficient therapists I've been to. Then the trauma begins: my husband visited the Underground pub, ordered a pint of lager (Dh35) paid with a Dh100 note and received Dh15 change. He questioned the barman who insisted he had been given Dh50. Since my husband only had Dh250 in his pocket he couldn't have given the man a Dh50 note as he still had it. This was not about the money, it was the principle as the barman was essentially calling my husband a liar. We reported it to the manager the next morning and after a meeting with him my husband was offered three pints of lager for free! not an apology, not his correct change back, what happend to 'the customer is always right'. Now for the best bit - On the morning we were leaving I went to reception to check out early before the huge queues formed (it takes about 30 minutes to check-in or check-out one guest in this place. I paid the bill having informed the receptionist that we had taken a drink from the mini bar the previous evening which amounted to around Dh30 and assumed that was it, we were checked out. Yes they do take Dh3000 off your credit card as a deposit when you check in, something I have not experienced in other hotels. The only thing this hotel has in common with other hotels are the prices, it's not cheap and over the two weeks we spent a huge amount of money which brings me to the final mother of all insults - as we left the hotel and got into the taxi to go to the airport, a young porter ran up to the car and told the driver not to drive off as something was being checked, after waiting 5 minutes I got out and went back to see that the fuss was happening at reception, I asked the girl what the problem was and she said I hadn't paid for the drink taken from the mini bar, so now not only had my husband been deemed a liar but now I was a thief! and all because of the incompetence of the staff, customer relation skills they do not have. I would advise any unsatisfied guests not to complain to the management because they do nothing about it since they are obviously inadequate in that they are not managing their staff. I would say send your complaint to the owner/chairman as I am sure he would not be happy if he knew what was really going on. I will certainly be sending a report directly to him.
Lynn H, UK

1 Thank Ravella29
Dear Sir & Madam,
We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed our Spa & Polo bar; Especially with regards to the services which were offered to you by Ms. Yvette, , I must admit that they did an excellent job and I will definitely forward your comments to the entire hotel staff.
I do regret to hear that your experience at Habtoor Grand did not meet your expectations for this stay with regards to other services, this in no way represents the excellent service standards of our hotel. We have taken serious note of the comments you gave and the respective departments were already informed about the same; consequently rest assured that we will be acting upon to rectify our shortcoming to help us to improve our standard of service.
Please accept my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed.