“poor service in a five star hotel in dubai”

Habtoor Grand Resort, Autograph Collection, A Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle Hotel
Ranked #105 of 556 Hotels in Dubai

Poor room service in Habtoor grand hotel Jumeirsa beach dubai

Difficult booking: gave credit card details but no reply!! thought it was scam! Night duty reservation guy forgot to input the details, luckiily got a reservation as our friends fro Uk were there.
Arrived at the hotel and quick effective check in. Luggage took a long time arriving.
We found that the bed was not made properly. Pillows crushed and the bottom sheet crumpled.
took two pictures.
tried contacting guest reltions the lady in question oat diiner complined to the reception. night duty room service remade the bed and changed the towels! Five star hotel!!
24 hours later the guest relations contacted minimal apologies only offer of change of rooms but did not read my complaint!!
Rest of the stay was as comfortable it can be . Like a good wine the hotel matured!!

Reviewed 30 December 2009

First longer trip with our 18 months daughter. Among a lot of good things, the one thing that struck us was how easy it was to travel with small children and stay at Habtoor. All staff, with no exception, was very, very friendly towards our daughter. They played, took her for short walks and took extra care of us as parents. Lovely!!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 December 2009

After arriving in Dubai at 01:00am from Johannesburg, we were greeted at the Grand Habtoor with the opportunity to up-grade our room to a suite on the 10th floor. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful at this early hour and we were settled in very quickly. The room was extremely comfortable and luxurious.

The 3 day stay was fantastic! The hotel's location allowed us to catch buses from the hotel to near by attractions very easily. We were also able to walk along the promenade and beach front. We made use of all the swimming pools, the spa, the gym, 4 restaurants and the beach.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Grand Habtoor and I would highly recommend this outstanding hotel.The Grand Habtoor facilitated and assisted my touring of Dubai and made my experience very fulfilling. I look forward to returning to Dubai soon.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 December 2009

I would agree with other reviewers here that the reception staff upon check in and out are not very friendly and seem only to want to get you to upgrade your room. It is also confusing that they insist upon charging your credit card upon arrival for an estimated amount for food and drinks for your stay then adjusting the balance when checking out. I have not encountered this before usually getting charged for a tab upon departure I can only guess that the hotel has been subject to people running up big bills and then leaving the country without paying. The hotels restaurants are on the expensive side especially for drinks even for a Dubai hotel .On our first night we discovered the delights of the horizon pool bar on the 3rd floor. The hotel has 2 towers each with a side facing the bar. On regular occasions this bar is hired out for private functions and turned into a full blown outside nightclub going on until 2-30 AM which is fine if you are part of Dubai’s large 20 something banker set but not for the vast majority of the hotels paying guests. I complained early and we were able to be moved others were not so lucky, in fairness the hotel apologised and gave us a free meal in their restaurant during our stay. I would strongly advise anyone upon check in to insist that they have a room facing away from the horizon pool bar unless that is what they want from their stay. The hotel also has a pub with football and draught larger also best avoided unless this is what you go to Dubai for, I would have thought these guests would prefer the Costas. There are a few other gripes , the shades on the beach sun beds are either torn or missing there are not enough sun beds around the pool area for the number of guests so they get reserved with towels before breakfast – annoying ,it gets very busy at breakfast and the restaurant struggles to cope. The hotel is not all bad the tower rooms are a good size with a great bathroom it’s spotlessly clean and has a nice reception area.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2009

Stayed with my 2 small children over xmas and was worried after i read reviews on here. i think you get what you pay for here.

Mangement- I emailed twice before getting there to say i had two small kids and would like a quiet room away from the bar- so was surprised when we arrived to be looking over it!! on the 10th floor- we couldn't here anything until they had 2 massive partys. we complained to the manager who offered us dinner in the hotel- but said they were booked and couldn't move us. we complanied the follwoinf night and was moved to a tower suite room, which was lovely.

-location- is great. close to everything. you can walk to jumeriah walk for restaurants and coffee etc. the marina is 10 dhr in a cab. they will get you local cabs if you ask them. do not take the hotel cabs.

- kids- there is a good kids menu. the kids pool is small but fine. however is not heated in the winter so was cold for us. my son was quite happy in the big pool with the spa bubbles. They also wouldn't warm up my kids milk in the morning and bring it too me. So i put boiling water in the ice bucket and that worked just fine.

beach- this hotel is big, so it takes a couple of mins to get to the beach and the beach itself is big. so its not a beach/pool hotel, you need to pick one to sit on adn then make an effort to got the other one. you can hear the construction on the beach, but it didn't really bother anyone. you can't hear it at all on the pool.

-Overall it was a nice hotel in a good location. it was clean and the pool and beach were nice. Its def not that all out luxury that you can get in dubai- but that comes at a price.

would i stay here again- not unless it was considerable cheaper than other hotels.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2009

Hotel was very nice and clean, good staff ,we had a tower sea room which was very nice. Good views, A very friendly hotel.

vince

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2009

I'm not going to add more than what other guest have said about how poor it was. The front desk staff was not helpful and professional as I expected. Throughout my staying in this hotel, I had to change my room four times where every time I found a problem such as AC was not OK or the main entrance has a gap were any one can see me inside the room. In addition, parties on the pool were too loud what made me couldn't sleep before 2 AM every night. I strongly don't recommend this hotel for the rate they are charging. I strongly suggest for the management to conceder better maintenance in the future. I am totally dissatisfied.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business