We stayed at the Palace wing of the One&Only Royal Mirage in December 2012 and in January 2013. On both occasions we were traveling with our young 7 year old son.
On first visit we stayed in a ground floor double room opening onto the garden and sea front. All amenities were excellent and the rooms were both very comfortable and clean with all the usual add ins you expect from a 5 star hotel. On our second visit we stayed in a ground floor suite which was both larger and significantly more comfortable. Being on the ground floor with immediate access to the garden is great when you are traveling with kids.
The hotel is situated on Jumeirah Beach opposite the western edge of the Palm Island. This is a better position than on the eastern side of the Palm Island complex. The hotel and its gardens are a beautiful and restful oasis surrounded by the crazy high rise buildings that now make up Dubai. It is also a little understated in comparison with the many other hotels in Dubai, many of which are rather gauche excessive in their design.
The restaurants in the hotel are many and varied in terms of the many different cuisines on offer. We tried most of the restaurants and all were of a very high standard. My favorite was the Beach Bistro where the food and atmosphere was the best.
The staff were very efficient but some work needs to be done to improve attitudes. My impression was that the staff need some additional motivation. They just appeared a bit dull. The one exception was the pool staff who were at all times full of fun and enthusiasm.
I would highly recommend this hotel as the best of the beach hotels in Dubai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palace at One&Only Royal Mirage conjures the magic of Arabia, a domain where guests may wander amidst the abundant gardens or stroll amongst the meandering water features. The property is generous, with 231 guest rooms and suites, on a private beach that offers rich leisure facilities, such as the impressive temperature-controlled swimming pools, water sports centre, tennis courts, golf putting green, ‘KidsOnly’ children’s facilities and, most importantly, a tranquil haven for rest and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Travelbag, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Odigeo, Destinology, Ebookers and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your The Palace at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace At One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai Hotel Dubai
- The Palace At One And Only Royal Mirage Dubai
- Royal Mirage Dubai