“Agreat location at a reasonable price”
Review of Ramada Dubai

Ramada Dubai
Ranked #208 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Agreat location at a reasonable price”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. It's one of the few hotels that you can walk around to malls, restaurants, supermarkets and the metro. Large rooms, well furnished. Very pleasant staff. The restaurants were okay but the Indian food on room service was quite good. It really is a value for money deal.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the road side for privacy
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adicoop
Hanif K, Front Office Manager at Ramada Dubai, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Ramada Hotel Dubai!.
We would like to thank you for taking your time to write a nice review after your recent stay with us. Your comments are really appreciated by the team.. Comments like this make us to work harder to try higher standards to serve our guests in the future. Thank you once again and we look forward to be at your service again.
Hanif Kalmata

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The Hotel is well situated and close to everything. To eat they have Chinese and Indian Cuisine.
There is a Bar which is also quite lively.
The staff at the reception are friendly and accomodating.
Breakfast is good, too.
Parking is also available.
Room was clean and so was the Bathroom. Older rooms are more spacious and better Layed out.
If got good rate, will definately stay again.

Room Tip: Taxis are available to any place. The Hotel is well situated.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Sajwani,
Greetings!
Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review after your recent with us. Your positive comments are appreciated by the team and it is sure a motivating factor. Thank you once again for your patronage and we would like to assure you our best service and attention all the time.
Sohar, Oman
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed there for a night last week while on a business trip. The hotel is located at the heart of Dubai with easy access to most of the attractions. The room was clean and comfortable, which has sofa's, chairs etc... as additional for a comfortable stay. The bathroom is refitted but shows it's age, nevertheless it was clean. The breakfast was basic but very expensive for the varieties offered. Overall it's a better than most hotel for those who want to explore the heart of Dubai.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Suresh,
Greetings from Ramada Hotel Dubai!
May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking your valuable time to write an online review about Ramada Hotel Dubai after your recent stay with us. Your good words are encouraging for us, and it makes us to strive for higher standards to serve our guests better. Thank you once again and we look forward to be at your service in the near future!
London
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Spent 4 nights at the Ramada Dubai in early May 2014. It's close to loads of shops and places to eat with a very convenient Spinney's grocery store just a couple of minutes walk away.

The door staff are very friendly and helpful. Check-in was very quick and I got upgraded to a nicer room. The rooms are nicely decorated and quite different to regular hotel room, with a split-level floor separating the seating area from the sleeping area. Similarly, the bathroom had a split-level floor. There's plenty of wardrobe space. Good lighting options for the room create the desired ambience easily.

The aircon works great and keeps the room nice and cool when required. There are plenty of TV channels in a multitude of languages. The room has all of the required amenities that define a luxury hotel.

The lifts/elevators are fast and the backs of them are made of glass so you can see the huge stained glass window that runs from the ground floor to the roof of the hotel. Talking of the lifts, whilst my room was quite some distance from the two lifts, I could sometimes hear the 'ping' noise from the lifts in my room.

There wasn't much noise intrusion into my room apart from some traffic noise from outside the hotel - I'm not sure why this was the case but it may have been that the large balcony windows were not fully closed/sealed.

The bed and pillows were fantastic and I slept very well every night - top marks for this as it's rare to get a great comfortable bed and very comfortable pillows in virtually any hotel that i've stayed at before!

The cafe opposite the reception desk is a great place to have tea and cakes - quite pricey but a nice atmosphere. I didn't eat in any of the restaurants in the hotel so cannot comment on them.

The gym/fitness centre is really good and I spent an hour or two every day in it. There's a decent-sized swimming pool alongside the fitness centre on the first floor.

I had the minibar cleared out on the first day so I could buy my own drinks/snacks and keep them cool in it. Two bottles of still mineral water are replenished every day in the room.

The reception staff are very helpful, as are the housekeeping staff.

The only slight negative is that free wireless Internet is only available in the public areas of the hotel - i.e. the lobby. The speed isn't that fast but is good enough for basic Web surfing and emails. Skype with audio works okay but Skype with video will struggle.

All in all, the Ramada Dubai is a good hotel that does nearly everything just right.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Taz0101
Greetings from Ramada Hotel Dubai!
Thank you very much for the nice online review about Ramada Hotel Dubai!. Your effort to write such a detailed and positive review after your recent stay is highly appreciated by the team and it goes without saying that it is motivating for us. Pleased to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and this makes the team to strive for higher standards of service to serve our guests better in the future. Thank you once again and we look forward to be at your service again in the near future.
London
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a few days in February. My husband was injured during our holiday and the htoel were very accomodating and helpful to this. We got a special room where he could rest and they even let us borrow the hotel's wheelchair for the duration of our stay. Every member of the hotel was very nice and assisted to our every need. We felt so happy in the way were treated- I would def recommend anyone to go there! If we visit Dubai again we will be staying here without a question of doubt! Thank you Ramada for making our stay comfortable!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Greetings from Ramada Hotel Dubai!
Thank you for your kind online review after your recent stay with us. Hope you had a safe return journey and hope your husband has recovered from the injury by now. We really appreciate taking your valuable time to write a positive review, ad the comments are shared with the team.
Thank you once again and we look forward to be at your service again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Booked hotel for 2 days through booking.com , photos looked good and location.

Booked premium room which included airport transfer and breakfast .
After booking received an email from the hotel asking about my flight details , which I emailed back to them so they could arrange all . Flight arrived on schedule around 11pm and normally takes about 30-45 mins to come out to arrivals hall . Came out looking for my driver but no where to be seen , asked the other Ramada hotel branch drivers and they said they didnt know and could not help , then called hotel and spoke to whom I believe was the Manager , he was apologetic and said driver was on his way and would be there in 5 minutes , waited 15 minutes and driver turned up , I identified myself and he took my luggage , he then sighed and said sir we have a problem that I have to wait for 3 more passengers on other flights and would i go with a taxi and the hotel will pay . I was very annoyed at this and said if i wanted to do this , i would not have paid extra for the premium room and could have done this myself , anyway he accompanied me to the taxi waited in the queue about 10 minutes. arrived to the hotel after 20 minutes , from outside looked much smaller than the photos and the lobby was really small and dated . Checked in and got taken to my room , it was clean but not what i expected , the bathroom was no way even a resemblance of what photos are on booking.com website , it was old with a bath and a tiny shower cubicle and felt like a budget 2 star hotel , i was really not happy and told this to the manager on duty and asked to change my room , he told me this was the best room and there were no others . It was quite late so I decided to rest as I had a meeting the next day and told the night manager to tell the general manager to contact me the next day - which never happened .

As I went downstairs the next morning I looked around the hotel and saw that it is really dated and should probably be described as a 3 star and not 4 star in terms of decor .

The day I was checking out so not to have any problems went to concierge to book my transport and arranged for 1pm , came back to the hotel at 12:30pm to collect my luggage and check out and was told that they my transport will be ready at 1:30pm , i said it was booked for 1pm I didnot not request it for 1:30pm and was confirmed in the morning by the concierge at 1pm , after this went back to my room and the lady at the desk called and said i could take a taxi and they would pay for it , I told her I had not booked the service for this and my service included a hotel car or equivalent , after back and fourth it was finally arranged.

I would say the location of this hotel is good , but would not rate it as a 4 star .
For the price there are far better hotels in the vicinity .

Dissapointed

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I have stayed for almost 9 nights in March 2014 in this Hotel. The Hotel is very comfortable with good service. Staffs are excellent with good behavior. Restaurants are good. The Bar is little costly, if you are not availing the happy hours. Spinx is nearby and so to the Dubai Metro Station. We walked down the road to creek in the evening and it is a nice place to spend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AshimChak
Hanif K, Front Office Manager at Ramada Dubai, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to see your positive comments at TRIPADVISOR and moreover ihappy to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We would like to use this opportunity to thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review about the hotel and we are sure it would help other travellers while selecting a hotel. Our team is always trying to improve ourselves in providing our best services and facilities for our guests. Thank you once again and we look forward to be at your service again