“Functional”
Review of J5 Rimal

J5 Rimal
Ranked #40 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We did a last minute booking on the 31st of December, and the price was quite high, but it probably does not reflect the real value of the hotel.
Nothing bad about the hotel, but nothing spectacular either. Location is close to the airport, but we could hear airplanes at night, the view from the window was really poor...on the contrary, service and breakfast were really good.

2  Thank sabinemercier
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

I thank you for your comments, and I have noticed your highlight of the room rate during the New Year stay which is mainly due to the high demand during this period.

We promise you to continue providing the best of our services at all times, and hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Enjoyed our stay both on the way out to Australia and back. Staff were exceptionally friendly and very helpful. My husband left his mobile phone on the back seat of the taxi that brought us to the Rimal Rotana on the second visit. The taxi reg was picked up of ctv camera, helpful receptionist called in the missing phone and kept trying to ring the mobile every 5 minutes. Within the hour the taxi driver brought the phone back to us at the hotel. I could not praise the receptionist enough. We were made to feel very welcome on both of our stays. I would definatly recommend this hotel both for location, very close to metro, and for value.

Room Tip: Rooms above the front of hotel are quieter from street noise
2  Thank LilianAberdeen
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Thank you for posting your positive review on trip advisor which will be shared with the team here.

It is one of our main goals to ensure that our valued guests are very well served, and that every need of them is delivered up to their satisfaction.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future, and appreciate your intention to recommend Rimal Rotana.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 23 December 2012

I have been staying here on a monthly basis for the last 5 years. It may not be the best area or the best looking hotel but the staff and service has always been very good. I have watched the staff over the years and must compliment them on the way they have dealt with very difficult customers. The rooms and facilities are clean. The food is good and the Mediterranean burger I had the other night was really delicious. The location is very good for the airport and walking distance to Rigga metro station. I have stayed in bigger Rotana hotels but smaller is sometimes better. Keep up the good work guys and see you in the New Year.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Malcolm C
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2012

Thank you for posting your positive review on trip advisor, and I do appreciate your honest opinion.

We have recently done a lot of renovation, and upgrading work throughout the year 2012, and much more will be done during 2013 to ensure the maximum satisfaction of our valued guests.

I hope to welcoming you back in the near future, and appreciate if you could give me a chance to have a chat with you to discuss your suggestions, and comments to help us serve you better.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Hussain S
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2012

Reviewed 14 December 2012

In general the hotel has good and spacious rooms, is very clean and has a complimentary breakfast which is fully sufficient. The metro is nearby and the hotel is near the airport.

However, one major thing was really unacceptable. When arriving late in night due to delayed flight, our booked kingsize bed room was not available which is annoying for a honeymoon. This caused a 30 minutes check-in at the night which is not acceptable (especially when you are very tired). The twin bed room was not even prepared, only a smoker room (we both are strict non-smokers) was available. So we had to wait until the twin room was free.

They told us that the next day we could shift to our booked room and they promised us to shift the luggage as well while we were at the city tour. When we came back, the luggage was still at the old room and they gave me keycards to the old and the new room. So I had to carry the bags myself, even if one employee joined me and helped me then.

A few minor things have to be mentioned as well. There are almost no official taxis in front of the hotel, so the hotel encourages you to take an inofficial one, sometimes even trying without meter and atleast double price. Even the meter seems to be rigged as the prices are higher than with a normal taxi (with the sign on the roof). The "taxi" driver was not friendly (probably because we asked for meter) and didn't help us with the luggage at all.
The wifi is incredible expensive, for such a hotel it should be expected to have it for free or atleast with a reasonable price.
The rooms are quite cold and even if you put off the AC, it is still too cold. They are also a bit noisy, you can hear the music from the corridor and sometimes the traffic at the street below.
There is no shuttle service to the airport or to the beach (while other hotels in the same price category provides this).

Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2012

Thank you for posting the review on trip advisor, and please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced during your arrival which will be shared with the team here to take the corrective measurements for immediate improvement.

I have noticed as well your comments related to the Taxi Service, and as limo service provided by outsource company, we have called for a meeting with their Management Team to revisit the service standards, and ensure that they provides our guests with satisfied experience at all times.

For the Shuttle Service, we are in the process of launching it to the nearest beach on complimentary basis.

Wish you Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year 2013, and we hope to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Little restless, at least in road side rooms. Windows are quite thin... Otherwise, great service, staff is very friendly, and Hotel is near Dubai airport. Breakfast is not so good for European taste. No valet parking, but parking is free in the basement parking hall.

Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2012

I would like to thank you for your positive comments which will be shared with the team here.

I have noticed your comments about the Breakfast Buffet, and I hope to let us know in your next visit, your suggestion of what we can add to improve the buffet.

I hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future, and wish you advance Happy New Year 2013.

Reviewed 9 December 2012

I always stay @ Rimal Rotana as it is a spacious facility for family to stay. I highly recommend this place for a long familly stay...very nice and warm atmosphere. The hotel is in the heart of a busy but no so noisy street and you can easily take a nice walk around to reach many interesting cafes, restaurants and Al Ghurair Shopping Mall.

Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2012

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience on trip advisor, and we assure you that no efforts will be spared to provide you, and all our valuable guests with comfortable, and enjoyable stay at Rimal Rotana.