“Service Oriented”

Ranked #24 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Service Oriented”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I stayed at Rimal Rotana for 12 nights starting from mid April. When I was checking out, I told myself, I will definitely choose Rimal again. I was offered this hotel as it was close to DAFZA, where I was attending my training. I didn’t regret a single day I stayed and I enjoyed my stay through out. What I would highlight about this hotel is, when you walk into the hotel after a tiring day, the greeting you receive from everybody is very welcoming. I was very much impressed with the staff at Moka café, they make you feel like home. I come down for a coffee, I am alone, and they keep you companied. They start with a simple greeting “How was your day today? You look very tired, looks like it was a long day” a conversation is started and you don’t feel lonely. I would recommend Rimal to anybody. Everybody around wants to help you, even if you are meddling with your door trying to open, they come forward to help you. Smiles and greeting all the time. Rooms are comfortable, very comfortable. Only issue I faced was the internet, the wifi in the room wasn’t stable. I brought this to the notice of the staff after my departure during their feedback survey and they have assured that there are upgrades going on and will be rectified. Food is brilliant, served with a lot of care. Excellent and quick service. More than all, a very worthy deal for the money spent.

A good hotel with a bunch of staff who is service oriented and friendly!! TWO THUMBS UP!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Roger S
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
It was indeed a delight to know that you had an enjoyable stay at the Rimal Rotana. It is our goal to achieve the highest standards of service we could offer to our guests and it is always rewarding for my team to learn that we have met your satisfactions.

As you mentioned with regard Wifi stability we are indeed in the process of fully upgrading to our Internet service to meet all Guest Expectations and needs.

Once again it was our pleasure that you stayed with us in Rimal Rotana and we are looking forward of welcoming you once again to Rimal Rotana in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel in February 2013 and it was a superb stay for the price. We have stayed in many rotana hotels and we can honestly say we have never come across a bad one. All rotana hotels have the same high standards and do cater for your needs. We selected this one because of the low price and high standard. Location is quite good and close to many local shops which is very handy. Would definitely consider this hotel again because of the affordability and location.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and the fact that you are a regular Rotana guest. We assure you that we will spare no efforts to provide you with a continuous enjoyable, and comfortable stay at Rotana Hotels.

I hope to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We spent our honeymoon in Dubai and Rimal Rotana really helped make our stay special. We checked in quickly and easily too on arrival (which was highly appreciated after a very long journey and many sleepless nights). In our room we were welcomed with a specially made bed, congratulatory rich fruit basket and chocolate cake - all beautifully done.

Through out our stay the service was great and the staff amazing, polite and helpful. Their smiles and attention always felt personal and the warmth was always appreciated (Kinda helped to give the hotel a warm fuzzy feeling of sorts ;) ;) lol).

The hotel is beautifully located; close enough to the airport and town too - yet not too close as to be disturbed by noise from either. We were able to rest easily and also to move around quite easily (and the food was EXQUISITE I must add - including the breakfast buffet).

It was indeed just beautiful....Thank you Rimal Rotana Dubai family.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dee_roch
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
We were glad to know that Rimal Rotana was your first destination in your honeymoon, and we really appreciate your positive feedback which will be shared with team here.

We shall expect you to repeat your visit especially in every anniversary, and we wish you a happy marriage with a lot of kids.

On behalf of Rimal Rotana Family,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Deira is further away from the main tourist sites. Rimal Rotana is a great option. It is very near Al Rigga metro and a big supermarket. Rooms are nicely furnished with a breakfast bar too. They have a big rooftop pool. Service is great and breakfast outdoors is pleasant, although you look out onto the road. You get to sit in the sun though and that's a plus.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Irene B
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thank you for recommending Rimal Rotana, and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

The Rimal Rotana was a breath of fresh air in the bustling Deira area of Dubai. Located on a little side street in view of the main road, one would expect back alley quality and be pleasantly surprised by the clean lines and modern decor of the lobby. The room we stayed in, a basic room with kitchen, was clean and well appointed with a fantastic view of the city through a large window. We had the pleasure of eating in Cafe Moka and ordering breakfast via room service. Both were top notch experiences with excellent service and scrumptious food. The full breakfast was so large of a spread that it had to be wheeled in on its own table and was plenty for 2, with an extra juice, of course.

The hotel had all of the bells and whistles you would expect in a 4 star hotel - valet, business center, pool, etc. We didn't take advantage of any of those, but was glad to find that the underground parking was free.

Overall, we enjoyed our visit to Rimal Rotana and would highly recommend it to others who need to be in Deira for business or pleasure.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Nina T
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this review, 10 April 2013

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you once again to Rimal Rotana in the near future. Rest assured that we would continually provide you with the best services and personalized care at all times.

Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Situated near metro and handy for city. Especially suitable for single business people or travellers. Supermarket end of street for all extra needs. Staff very attentive. Recently built and all facilities appear new, lifts and all mod cons. Much enjoyed my five day visit, using hotel as a base. Twenty minutes from airport.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Herbert M
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback and we promise to continue our efforts to ensure that the hotel’s facilities are very well maintained, and upgraded to meet our guest’s satisfaction.

It is our goal to provide them with the home feeling they usually miss when they are travelling away from their homes.

I hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Staff were friendly, gracious and very helpful, room was large and very neat, enjoyed the pool, didn't use the gym, internet wasn't free but was fast and food was nice.

Supermarket close by and domino's pizza is right across the road. Bus stops close by and hotel "limos" are available to take you round but I always asked them to call me a regular cab or I just got on the road and hailed the cab myself.

Fridge, iron, etc all check. And the bathroom. Nice!!

Very nice place. Y'all should visit :)

Room Tip: Careful when booking the room. I wanted a double bed even though I was traveling solo but I got 2 si...