“A Little Gem”
Review of J5 Rimal

J5 Rimal
Ranked #40 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Had, again, a lovely 2 weeks-stay at Rimal Rotana. Exceptional value for money, a really good breakfast with a nice variety, excellent location with easy access to almost everywhere. And the staff is just wonderful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Wael I, Director of Rooms at J5 Rimal, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for posting your positive review on trip advisor, and it is indeed our pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay again at Rimal Rotana, and the fact that we could maintain the consistency in serving you, and your family.

We hope to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

My wife and I loved the stay at this Hotel and will choose Rotana for future stays. This hotel was very nice and clean. Loved the hotel room. Stayed in a studio. It was very spacious and beautiful. Liked the little kitchenette as well. Bathroom was average. Enjoyed the breakfast buffet that was included. Service was great too. One suggestion is that hotel needs to at least provide complimentary WiFi in the lobby which is a standard at most hotels. I loved the location near the Metro rail station, economically priced restaurants and grocery stores, as well as close to Deira City Center. One improvement that needs to be done is the instillation of sound proof windows since the hotel is close to the hotel. It may bother you if you are extremely sensitive but I got used to it. Otherwise had a good night sleep in their nice quality mattress. Once again….I definitely recommend this hotel !

Room Tip: Higher floors can hear airplanes. Choose lower rooms. Choose the package with breakfast….you will...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Mustafa,

I would like to thank you for the time you took to post your review on trip advisor.

We were pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay at Rimal Rotana, and you were satisfied with most of the hotel’s facilities.

I have noticed as well your comments on the Wi Fi service, and kindly note that we have recently started introducing a complimentary limited access for our guests enjoying the facilities of our lobby Café and restaurant “Moka Café” and the “Terrace”. In the very near future, we will start providing the same in our guest’s rooms, and for faster and higher access , Guests will be prompted to sign for a chargeable packages.

For the guest room’s windows, we already started couple of month ago a project to replace all window’s hinges, and rubber sealing for better sound isolation, and I can assure you that this will improve our guests room’s experience.

I hope to welcoming you and the family in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this for a week & location excellent very close to metro.
Although service was really good i do have few niggles: As a 4star hotel there was no airport shuttle provided or beach shuttles. No spa or jacuzzi facilities & wifi should be a must even holiday inn & ibis provide it! Also we had issues with shower water going cold after 10minutes we reported this daily but never got resolved.
On positive breakfast was excellent & service given was fab.
I would definetly stay here again if these points highlighted get sorted.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

I would like to thank you for posting your review on trip advisor.

We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and the fact that the hotel location was a very convinced for you being close to the metro station, and many other tourist / shopping attraction.

Furthermore, please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenienced experience you had with the Shower hot water, which I have shared with our maintenance department, and solved by replacing the water heater.

For the Spa facilities, and unfortunately due to the limited space, we could not added – how ever having both the sauna, steam room are added value to our valued guests. We normally recommend our sister hotels located nearby for other spa facilities such as Jacuzzis, and professional therapy services.

For the Shuttle buses, we have started recently a daily service to the main shopping malls closed by, and you inspired us to start providing a daily beach shuttle which we already start implementing, and hopefully you will enjoy during your next visit.

We promise you to keep providing a good quality of breakfast meal, and ensure its varieties to meet the different expectations of our valued guests. Last but not least, we have started recently providing our guests with a complimentary internet access in Public Areas while enjoying their meals / drinks at the lobby café, and soon we will be providing them with limited complimentary internet access in their rooms.

We hope to welcoming you in the near future.

Director of rooms

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed for four nights in Rimal with my husband. we really enjoyed our stay. The staff is warm and very helpful. Everyone smiled and offered us the best service they could. The breakfast has a good variety and it is very filling. I also liked the fact that you can cook in your room, there is a cooking area and essential utensils are provided. Thank you all and special thanks to Mr. Binesh, Bassel, Islam and Winnie. You are the best. Thanks for making our stay warm and pleasant and we will definately make Rimal Rotana our choice of hotel in the future. The only person who was abit uptight and not approachable is a philipino lady with brown highlights on her hair and she wears spects. I didnt get her name but she is at the reception and she is not warm at all.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing Al Murraqabt road and also request for a Dubai city map at the reception. you...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cadhis2000
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Your detailed feedback is really appreciated, which I find rewarding and for my team especially those you mentioned their names as it comes in a busy festive season and our aim is to keep our promises to our valued guests.

I would like also to thank you for the note regards one of our team approach and I will consider it as a poke to us to keep on focusing on our guests emotional concepts whatever loads we have within the operation.

Your comments is our guidance and please keep on visiting us.

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Once again I visited Rimal Rotana and I felt like I made the right design. Staff are too friendly and helpful from the first second I entered the hotel till I checked out. Welldone every body and see you sooooon

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for your feedback, it is encouraging to note that guests like yourself notice that the hotel team are doing their best to provide a genuine real service to our valued guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed 4 nights December 2013.
Was a bit dubious about the area at first, frankly it's not the prettiest place in Dubai, but it is more than made up with fact that the Metro is an easy 10 minute walk away with plenty of restaurants near it. There are also restaurants opposite and plenty of shops in the surrounding area all within walking distance. Whatever our first reservations about the area it felt safe, people were friendly and probably the biggest plus, we went out enjoying the night air without a drunk in sight.
We had a Studio Apartment, with small kitchen(we never it used the local restaurants were such good value), a cracking comfy King bed and perfectly adequate bathroom. Everywhere was spotless, bedding and towels changed at OUR convenience.
Great breakfast, eggs cooked to order, plenty of choice if don't fancy a cooked breakfast.
Now to the stars of the show, the staff, all over the hotel they couldn't do enough for us, but a special note for the breakfast staff. The Manager set the the tone, without fail every morning he checked with us that we OK and we had everything we needed. Then there were the serving staff, they were great and so charming. The 2 young ladies with their dazzling smiles, lit up the dining room, we only got the name of one them, Winnie, but they made our day.
We would have given 5 Stars but we found the Air Conditioning in the public areas far too cold and there was a charge for Wifi which in this day and age is not expected.

Room Tip: We were in 413 overlooking the main road and with a clear view of the aircraft after take off, but e...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LesM
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback and highlighting our friendly team who did their utmost to please our guests, comfy rooms, great breakfast service that we had provided and our downtown location close to Metro station.

Also I would like to thank you on the Wifi charges note and certainly will be considered in the near future.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Good to be back. The staff as always make this place from the chef to the housekeeping. Best lentil soup I have ever had even better than my own. There are a few new faces who seem to have fitted in well. The restaurant manager also seemed to have time for everybody. Keep up the good work and see you in a month.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Wael I, Manager at J5 Rimal, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback, which I found most encouraging to the team to keep doing their best to meet guest expectation. I’m sure that Bassel our Restaurant Manager find it rewarding to get recognized for his good work and will be motivated as a role model.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit in the city.