“Fit for its purpose”

Ranked #44 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fit for its purpose”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Businees visits would be my first description for this property, as it is not really romantic or for family purposes, when in Dubai I would always opt for beach locations for couples or families. Rooms to me we're average in comparison to other properties in Dubai, but probably in line with what you pay for. Have stayed in the standard room and suite at this property, comfort wise fine and cleanliness wise also fine with decent service from the staff.

Some good restaurants and bars in this property which are worth a visit as a hotel guest or guest from another hotel. Especially the restaurant as it offers all sorts of dishes from different parts of the world with great fish dishes. Book on weekends as it gets very busy.

Fit for its purpose for sure and looks good externally and in the reception and lobby areas.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Esfahan, Iran
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Fairmont was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in Dubai, very very friendly staff, great view in the room specially if you get the chance to stay in the higher floors, a short walk to the metro station and a great location overall, very close to Dubai mall, Mall of Emirates and air port.

Room Tip: the higher the better
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I stayed at The Fairmont for 3 nights last January when I was in Dubai for business, I was upgraded to a suite in the executive floor and what an upgrade this was!!! The suite was magnificent with a lovely view on Sheikh Zayed street, lots of space and pleasurable elegance. The food is unimaginable especially the Champagne lunch!!! wow it was amazing. The executive loung was the richest I have ever seen with all the best food and drinks, all kinds of cheese, suchi, seafood and grills. The best of the best. I will definetely return the next time I am in Dubai.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Naguib
FairmontDubai, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Dubai, responded to this review, 26 August 2012
Dear Naguib,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your overall experience with us.

Our food and beverage team continuously strive to ensure that our guests enjoy the best dining experience in all our outlets from the ambiance, the service to the quality of food.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at Fairmont Dubai.

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I can't help myself but I have to share my impressions about the bubbly brunch in Fairmont in Dubai. I stayed in Dubai for a couple of months and tried many different brunches over there as they are very popular and of a good price. This one in Fairmont was definitively the most expensive one but of the best value. The enviroment of the restaurant where the brunch took place was beautiful, the staff was extremely friendly. The selection of food and drinks was simply unbelievable. All world cuisines were present and the food was amazing, all kinds of drinks were available - from beers and wines to cocktails but we decided to drink Champagne only - Moet & Chandon which was served. I bet we drank one bottle each of us! There was also a special room with deserts only, a special room with cheese only etc. I totally loved it and next time I come to Dubai I will definitively book my Friday afternoon for a bubbly brunch in Fairmont!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jarmuska
FairmontDubai, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Dubai, responded to this review, 5 August 2012
Dear Jarmuska,

Thank you very much for your overwhelming review. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your dining experience at Spectrum on One – the first restaurant to popularize brunch in the city.

We have shared your feedback with our culinary and operations team at Spectrum on One who were thrilled to know that they have made your dining experience a memorable one.

If you require any assistance in planning your next trip, please contact us by emailing dubai@fairmont.com.

We look forward to having you again!

Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2012

It's a good job The Fairmont is so far away in Dubai, because I'd go every week!!

What a beautiful place and wonderful food....

I only went for the Champagne Brunch, but wow!! I would definitely return.
The staff were lovely, the food was out of this world, and unlimited Moet- what more needs to be said..

oh and every cocktail under the sun was included in the £150 a head- may sound a lot, but I definitely got my moneys worth in Moet alone, they were filling our glasses up more than the water!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This so far the best hotel in Dubai to cater for your business visit. Location is perfect and you will find a metro station right in front of the hotel lobby. Internet (cale and wifi) is inclusive of the room and so its perfect for business travellers. You are not restricted to connect to one device only at a time and since most of us travel with our macbook, ipad and iphones, you can connect your devices with the wifi without any limitation.

I have stayed in several other hotel in Dubai, this is definitely the one that i keep coming back.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
FairmontDubai, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Dubai, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear Yunosar,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted to learn that you had an amazing experience at Fairmont Dubai.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Australia
Reviewed 13 July 2012

The Fairmont demonstrated consistently high standards throughout my stay.

After a 13 hour flight, I arrived at 7am, and was delighted to find that a room could be made immediately available. Check-in was efficient, my bags arrived at my room in what seemed like seconds, and, after a fabulous breakfast and a dip in one of the two swimming pools, I felt refreshed and ready to enjoy my 2 day stopover.

The location is excellent: on Sheikh Zayed Road, opposite the World Trade Centre. The Dubai Mall & Burj Khalifa are a dhs15 taxi ride away; the metro station is on the other side of the road; and Satwa Road is a 15 minute walk or short taxi ride (depending on the heat).

My room was well furnished, spacious and had an excellent view.

The breakfast buffet was delightful. I also had lunch at Café Pronto and drinks in the Sports Bar, both of which were welcoming and efficient (although note that smoking is permitted in the Sports Bar, which – when combined with the air-conditioning – I found to be quite unpleasant).

For dinner, I visited Ravis on the corner of Al Satwa Road & 19th Street (note: not to be confused with the ‘famous’ Ravis on the Al Satwa Road near the Satwa roundabout, which looked less inviting). This is a modest but friendly establishment, evidently popular with the locals, where I enjoyed a meal of chicken handi & rice, with tea. This is not fine dining by any means, but I felt genuinely welcome, and enjoyed a delicious and inexpensive meal.

Several Western dining options (including Pizza Express) can be found over the road by the WTC metro station.

I would certainly recommend this hotel, and would not hesitate to use it again if I am ever in Dubai.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Chris R
Dear MelbourneChris,

Thank you very much for your glowing review. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience some of our outlets. We appreciate all guest comments and have shared your feedback with the relevant departments.

On your next visit we recommend you to visit our signature restaurant, Spectrum on One, which boasts eight interactive kitchens specializing in six global cuisines. This restaurant is also famed for its Friday brunch and first to popularize bubbly brunch in the city which includes over 200 menu offerings.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!