“Excellent Hotel in Good Location”

Carlton Palace Hotel
Ranked #218 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I had originally booked at The Metropolitan Hotel in SZR but this was being refurbished (otherwise known as being demolished!) so was given a transfer to the Metropolitan Palace at the same price (which was already good value).
The hotel is not big, like some of the 5 star hotels and I think that this adds to its appeal.
It is good quality, but not over the top and all the staff were very pleasant.
I arrived at 0830hrs from a night flight and was given an early check in by 0930hrs, with no additional charge.
I didn't use any of the restaurants, except for breakfast, which was the usual buffet style, again pretty good, although as usual, pretty expesive at around £15.
The hotel bar, Sketch is dominated by a Belarus origin house band who look and sound like they have come straight from Eurovision Song Contest and are frankly too loud for the size of room that they are playing - but amazingly they appear to have a fan base who attend nightly!

Room Tip: The receptionist recommended that I had a room at the front and this was absolutely correct as my co...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JohnT-Hemel
Metropolitan Pa... M, Front Office Manager at Carlton Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Dear Guest,

We are glad to read such comments of yours. Thank you for sharing it. For your future visit to Dubai please do not hesitate to contact me and we would be happy to assist you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 May 2012

Excellent Hotel from start to finish, my husband and I celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary at the Palace and we felt like royalty, we pulled up to the Palace only to be greeted by the doorman Wilson who opened our car door, and escorted us up the stairs to open the Palace doors to the wonderful picture perfect scenery "I thought I was looking at a postcard", the quality of service didn't stop at the door, our reception representative was quite nice as well, Amr made sure that we were well taken care of before going to our room. insuring we had all the amenities we needed. Upon arriving at our room I was "awe struck" the room was very beautiful and well equipped. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, we were surprised by our guestroom housekeeper who decorated our bed with rose petals and left a vase of beautiful Roses, compliments of the hotel staff, every thing was very nice. Von, the executive suite personnel, was on point, Jamsheer, the gift shop rep. would meet us every morning with a short conversation, very wonderful staff. I would highly recommend this hotel, you can take the train that was in walking distance, we chose to rent a car to get around, from the airport to the hotel was a straight shot, the Diera Mall is about 3 blocks in back of the hotel along with some restaurant choices. I would say that our hotel selection far exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ken_Alice_1
Metropolitan Pa... M, Front Office Manager at Carlton Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Your feedback was so great!!! Thank you very much for providing a very detailed feedback for Metropolitan Palace Hotel. Your words would be definitely sounds interesting for everyone. I was very pleased to know that you are satisfied with us, we are constantly striving to achieve the highest standards of service so it is always very rewarding for my team and I to know that we have met your expectations.
I will personally pass on your comments to our entire team who will be delighted at your gesture and grateful for your generous comments.
We do hope to be given the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future. With all our very best wishes.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Dear

My stay at the Metropolitan place was good but I would like to highlight the following.

1- I found that the staff very much cooperative and nice.
2- When I arrived to the airport i had to wait for 20 Minutes for the transportation to arrive to drop
me to the hotel. Even though I have send the hotel my detailed flight. No excuse.
3- I have booked for a deluxe room through one of the hotel receptionist and when I reached to the hotel they informed me that the room booked for you ta the rate 0f 525 is a superior room which I have no choice except to take it till the persons booked for me come to night duty. At 23:30 hrs I meet the guy who book for me and he made the arrangement to move me to another room instead of 3rd floor to the 5th floor but I do not see any different in the room except the color.
4- The night shift Manager if I can call him a manager he was very much impolite (No respect to the Gusts talking in rude) with me when I came on 9 May around 22:00 hrs. with a visitor.
5- On 8 May 12 I came back to hotel around 14:00hrs. after attending the seminar and my room was not clean. I have called the duty manager that time why the room was no cleaned and he side we will clean it right away .
6- The breakfast was good but, the verity of the items needs to be more.

Overall I found the hotel quite satisfying.

Best Regards
Hussain Muhaimmed
Logistics Head / Marketing Dept.

[--]

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Excellent service ,from start to finish .on asking for information on the price of wifi,I was asked if I wanted to upgrade ,although I was skeptical at first ,it turned out to be excellent value .for a extra £25.00 pp per night the room was upgraded to a superior ,but the main benefit was access to the private lounge on floor no 8 ,where you could relax throughout the day with TVs free wifi and Free drinks & snacks between 6.30 -8.30 . Definitely had our money's worth (if not more).you can also have your breakfast there .

Room Tip: Upgrade to 8th floor & you will get free wifi in your room from the lounge located on same floor
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danny A
Metropolitan Pa... M, Front Office Manager at Carlton Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2012

Dear Guest,

I loved to read your response and to see that in so few words your explanation made it clear to see how much you enjoyed our hotel. I really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Yashvanth

Reviewed 10 May 2012

(I actually stayed in this hotel in March 2010 despite what the review might say!)

When I arrived at this hotel it was late (about 1-1:30am) and I had just come off a (comparatively) long flight from London (flights I normally take last about 2-3 hours and this one was 7 hours!) I was literally just wanting to go to sleep for the night and the taxi ride from the airport had been relatively smooth,

After a very smooth painless check-in, I was shown to an immaculately furnished room which for some reason had two sinks! I thought one for the evening one for the morning then! I went to sleep pretty shortly after; the bed may or may not have been very comfortable but I was shattered,

The rooms at this hotel are arranged around an atrium rather than being just in standard corridors; I prefer that as you do not have so many people walking past your room at any point; the only downside is the doors need to be noiseproof else you get all the noise from the atrium in your room! Thankfully the doors at the MP were pretty effective, although I was so tired it would have taken a hurricane to wake me up!

I cannot comment on the food as I arrived too late to eat anything and ate breakfast the next morning from a local supermarket (take the back door from the hotel, turn right and there is one only 100 metres down the road which sells a good selection of food at a reasonable price) but the restaurants looked to have a decent selection on tap,

Check-out was as effortless as check-in and the friendly staff even directed me to the bus stop, in order to catch the bus to my hotel for the next night. I would have loved this hotel again but the prices went up severely so I had to downgrade somewhat!

Overall, this is a fantastic hotel, not by any means the newest in Dubai, but pristinely kept and with a superb clientele to boost. I was asked to fill out a questionnaire after my stay which I did without hesitation, putting primarily positives in the boxes,

Downsides? It could be slightly closer to a Metro station; this isn't so bad if you're empty-handed but with baggage it might prove a bit of a trek. Then again, I might have just taken the scenic route! I also didn't have time to use the fantastic-looking rooftop pool but that isn't a criticism of the hotel, more the lack of time I had!

I will check out other hotels in Dubai as there are nowadays so many to choose from but if the MP continues to offer the rates like I found on this particular night then I will certainly return!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank robbo1000

Dear Guest,

I greatly appreciate your effort for taking time to leave your very detailed feedback about your recent stay at Metropolitan Palace Hotel.

It is also great to hear that our associates were able to make you feel welcome and comfortable with us and managed to cater to all your needs. I really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

All the very best,

Yashvanth gowda

Reviewed 10 May 2012

I loved the stay in Metropolitan Palace Hotel, the stuff were very helpful, specialy Ms. Pretty. the location is good, the rooms are very clean.. everything was perfect for us. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to leave your comment at tripadvisor.

I will personally pass on your comments to Ms. Preethi, whom for sure will be delighted at your gesture and would be very grateful for your generous comments. Your comment will also encourage the whole team to serve their best specially when it is being appreciated.

Look forward to see you soon on your next visit and don't forget to recommend our property to your friends and relatives out there.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Very nice hotel with extremely efficient and friendly staff. We had the Executive Package which was good value for money with the added benefits of the Executive Lounge. Rooftop pool area was very good although a little windy on some days. Proximity to Airport and older areas of Dubai / Creek was part of reason for selecting this hotel. John & Georgia UK

Room Tip: Room 904 was very good. Go for it.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Metropolitan Pa... M, Front Office Manager at Carlton Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Metropolitan Palace Hotel Dubai.

I do really agree and very thankful that you appreciate our executive room package. This is really amazing to stayed on that room category where you will enjoy a lot of additional benefits like executive lounge access with free wifi internet, free tea/coffee facilities with canapes and enjoy the unlimited regular beverages in the evening.

Yashvanth