“Great, well priced hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carlton Palace Hotel

Carlton Palace Hotel
Ranked #192 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Sydney
“Great, well priced hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

My husband, 14 year old and 11 year old stayed in a family room (two interconnecting rooms) for 2 nights in September. We felt very welcome at the hotel. All the staff were extremely helpful and kind. We booked a car, through the hotel, to collect us from the airport and that worked well. At the hotel, as we were booking in, they gave us lovely cool drinks to my very hot (first time in Dubai!) children. Our rooms were very comfortable and well equipped. We werent expecting free wifi but we offered it for one device, which worked out for us just fine. We ate in the main restaurant on the first night as we were very jetlagged. The meals are very generous - you dont need to order as much as I did! Breakfast was a good standard too, with an egg chef for omlettes or anything of your choice. The location is someone isolated but it really didnt matter. We decided the Big Red Hop on Hop Off Bus was the best way to get around the city with commentary for the 2 days of our stopover (it was) and the stop nearest the hotel is a 5 minute drive taxi drive away. Dont try to walk it in the summer months. The heat is too intense. The staff at the hotel will hail you a taxi and they are cheap, clean and safe - all the taxi drivers were very nice to us. The hotel has a pool on the top floor with interesting area views. My children loved it up there. I used the business room a couple of times to print off boarding passes and there was no cost for this. There are more glamourous hotels in Dubai BUT they come with a huge price tag. This is a great base, at an extremely comfortable,safe and charming hotel in an area that grounds you to the idea that you are actually in Arabia, not just other big city. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The interrconnecting family rooms are very generous in size. A King Bed in one room and two large si...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank lucindaarmour
Yashvanth, Front Office Manager at Carlton Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Dear Ms.Armour,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback which means a lot to us, and thank you for taking the time of to write to us.

I'm, delighted to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and also happy to know that our staffs were helpful t you.

Once again thank you very much and look forward to welcome you back to the Metropolitan Palace Hotel.

Yashvanth Gowda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Tehran
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stayed in metropolitan palace in the beginning of October 2013 with my wife in order to celebrate our 10th anniversary of marriage. For the first bonus, the hotel gave a positive reply to our request for an early check-in without extra charge. The front desk staffs were very friendly. The rest of staffs were also eager to listen and do their best for any demand. Our room was so clean and in average size. Upon our arrival, we were surprised by a complimentary chocolate cake from management. The buffet break fast was ok. The roof pool and gym was also accessible. We also enjoyed the entertainments inside hotel special the live music of sketch bar. The owner of the hotel (H. E. Mr. Hobtoor) also owns the Hobtoor resort in Jumeira. So, the guests of metropolitan palace can enjoy the resort facilities due to a minimal charges around AED 80 for each person including free return transfer. On the last night, we had dinner in the non smoking area of the sketch bar. After dinner we were asked by the waiter to enjoy the live music. Again we were surprised by another cake for the second time in recognition of our marriage anniversary. Therefore, I've no hesitation to come back........

Room Tip: The non-taxi cars waiting outside hotel charge you more. So, wait for a normal taxi.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cyrusdgreat
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and I was extremely delighted to read your wonderful comments.

I'm also to happy to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and the services extended by our staffs to you.

We at Metropolitan Palace Hotel always strive hard in achieving total guest satisfaction and I'm glad that we lived up to your expectations.

Vinicky, Slovakia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

The hotel had a good location in the center of the city. The personnel was kind, except the Asian waitresses, who forgot to bring coffee in breakfast time. What about housekeeping, they changed the towels every day even though it was not needed. The last day the made us pay for the drinks from the minibar, which we did not drink at all. Not even our children. I told about it to the receptionist, she did not accept my complaint.
By the swimming pool there were not enough umbrellas.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mr.Denis,

Thank you for your feedback and we truly appreciate it which helps in working on the areas mentioned to serve you and our guests better.

I will look into personally and will ensure that the corrective measures are taken.

Blackburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I'd stay here again and again brilliant service with wonderful smiling and very helpful staff both of us had a wonderful holiday thanks to all the staff .the location is good close to metros mosques shopping etc it gives a mental rest . The health club on the roof is fantastic too nothing dissapointed

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Talhaumar
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and I was delighted to read your wonderful comments and comments such yours always keeps us motivated.

I have shared your comments with all my staffs and we look forward to welcome you back to the Metropolitan Palace Hotel.

Once gain thank you very much for taking the time of to write to us.

Lenasia, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I was given this hotel by Emirates as a stop over hotel for one day. I checked in at 6:00 am. I was greeted at the door by the bellman and my luggage was taken in immediately. The receptionist was trying to complete the check in when the manager SALMAN showed up. He immediately took over the documentation and handled the check in with ease and speedily at that. I was done in five minutes. I was immediately given my room card and my luggage was brought up instantly. Breakfast was a very decent spread but the egg station was not manned. Everything else was handled very well. I used the same restaurant for lunch and dinner. Both meals had the same menu as standard, I guess because of the Emirates package. The room was comfortable and so was the bathroom. It wasn't huge but comfortable. The rooms and bathrooms are average and could do with an upgrade soon. Having said that, everything worked very well, no faults at all. The hotel has aged a bit but has been built beautifully with the different lounge levels one passes when using the glass elevator. Once again a big thank you to Salman for having sorting everything out speedily.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AzTee
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and we truly appreciate you taking the time of to write us.

I'm glad and happy that you enjoyed your short stay with us and I have shared your comments with my colleague Salman and he is delighted to be recognized by you.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

I travel quiet often to Dubai and this is my favorite hotel in Dubai and I always stay there when I am in Dubai.Excellent hotel,very clean,nice spacious rooms, excellent courteous staff. Executive lounge is best place for business meeting. Nice restaurant, good food, nice lively bars. Do not forget to enroll in their loyal program.
Mr Raja General manger is a wonderful man.

Room Tip: Get room on executive floor and they have very nice business lounge. Best place for business travell...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mr.Robert,

Thank you for your feedback and we truly appreciate you taking the time off to write us and wonderful comments such as yours always keeps us motivated in achieving higher guest satisfactions.

I'm also happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to serve you again.

Ambler, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Metropolitan Palace hotel is located very conveniently for visitors/tourists. It costs less than 20 Dh (about US$5) by taxi from Dubai Int'l Airport to the hotel. It is also close to Metro stations with 5 minutes walk to Al Riggis station (my spelling of the station name may not be accurate but it is the station before Union station). You can reach most if not all Dubai city attractions through Metro and it costs 16 Dh for one day pass.

Metropolitan Palace has an extremely friendly staffs and very clean room with comfortable bed. Hotel staffs are more than happy to help us on any question we had related to sight seeing, etc. The non-smoking room was truly a non-smoking room and that is very important to me since I am sensitive to cigarette smoking. We stayed a total of 3 nights (from Nov. 11 through Nov. 14, 2013) and both my wife and I were very happy with this hotel. We will not hesitate to recommend this hotel to any traveler to Dubai.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert S
Metropolitan Pa... M, General Manager at Carlton Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Mr. Robert,

Thank you for choosing to stay in the Metropolitan Palace Hotel and for taking the time to write your feedback.

It was indeed a pleasure to read your very kind review and to know that our services were into your satisfaction. At the metropolitan Palace Hotel, we take pride to ourselves in offering the highest level of care and hospitality to all our guests. I will gladly share your appreciation to our Team.

On behalf of the Management and Staff, we look forward of welcoming you back in the near future.

Sanjay Luthra