My husband, 14 year old and 11 year old stayed in a family room (two interconnecting rooms) for 2 nights in September. We felt very welcome at the hotel. All the staff were extremely helpful and kind. We booked a car, through the hotel, to collect us from the airport and that worked well. At the hotel, as we were booking in, they gave us lovely cool drinks to my very hot (first time in Dubai!) children. Our rooms were very comfortable and well equipped. We werent expecting free wifi but we offered it for one device, which worked out for us just fine. We ate in the main restaurant on the first night as we were very jetlagged. The meals are very generous - you dont need to order as much as I did! Breakfast was a good standard too, with an egg chef for omlettes or anything of your choice. The location is someone isolated but it really didnt matter. We decided the Big Red Hop on Hop Off Bus was the best way to get around the city with commentary for the 2 days of our stopover (it was) and the stop nearest the hotel is a 5 minute drive taxi drive away. Dont try to walk it in the summer months. The heat is too intense. The staff at the hotel will hail you a taxi and they are cheap, clean and safe - all the taxi drivers were very nice to us. The hotel has a pool on the top floor with interesting area views. My children loved it up there. I used the business room a couple of times to print off boarding passes and there was no cost for this. There are more glamourous hotels in Dubai BUT they come with a huge price tag. This is a great base, at an extremely comfortable,safe and charming hotel in an area that grounds you to the idea that you are actually in Arabia, not just other big city. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious 5-star service at the Carlton Palace Hotel. Welcome to the Carlton Palace Hotel - a grand 5-star hotel in the heart of Deira within easy reach of Dubai Creek, Dubai Airport, metro stations and the World Trade Centre. Carlton Palace Hotel is a luxurious hotel for both leisure and business travellers with an unparalleled combination of exemplary service, beautifully renovated rooms, stunning decor, international dining, central location and value for money. Reminiscent of an elegant era, the magnificent Baroque lobby with an imposing double staircase leads to the 212 spacious and newly refurbished rooms and suites. The rooms range from 32-250 m² and are centred around an imposing balustrade-lined Atrium with greenery encircling a fountain. The hotel features all the facilities of a 5-star hotel including rooftop swimming pool, spacious fitness centre with views of the city, business centre, a variety of restaurants and bars, 24-hour room service, conference and ballroom facilities as well as three floors dedicated to executive rooms and suites overlooking a classic Executive Lounge. Our welcoming staff will attend to your every need at check-in and beyond. That's a promise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Hotelopia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Southall Travel and Odigeo so you can book your Carlton Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Metropolitan Palace
- Metropolitan Palace Dubai