Stayed here for an exhibition at the World Trade Centre. Conveniently located for that as it is within walking distance of the monorail (2 stops to WTC) but can't speak for its location if you need to go out in Dubai.
Room was large, clean, decent. Staff friendly and efficient. Does have a bit of a Costa Del Sol feel to it as there are so many tourists. Overall fine apart from the two points below.
1. Wifi is:
a) not free (I'm sick of writing this in reviews; why do hotel groups keep charging for something they pay for at a fixed cost??? And such extortionate rates. It would be more logical to charge for water or electricity by the unit used. Paid wifi is a scam.
and, even worse when you're paying for it,
b) useless. Internet on my laptop in my room was fast through the cable (but of course, not free, see above re hotels ripping off customers) but over wifi around the hotel is a joke. The log-on procedure is useless and then you're lucky if you can get a web page to load in under 5 minutes. Don't go to this hotel if you need wireless internet for important business.
2. The bar/restaurant in the basement is horrible. It's like a 1970s British pub in that you can't breathe for the smoke, and the food is bland and tasteless. And the music is so loud, you can forget talking. Not sure there's a quiet bar option in the hotel, but I've been in nightclubs where it was easier to hear the people I'm with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located on Dubai's prominent Sheikh Zayed Road, Towers Rotana boasts some stunning views of the Arabian Sea as well as easy access to all major destinations in the thriving metropolis of Dubai. Towers Rotana is situated adjacent to the Financial Centre Metro Station, a mere 4 kms away from Burj Khalifa (the tallest building in the world), 8 kms from the golden sands of the Jumeirah Beach front and 10 kms from Dubai International Airport. Towers Rotana offers 372 rooms, suites and apartments decorated with comfort and elegance in mind. Towers Rotana is home to the Award-winning fusion fine dining restaurant Teatro, the longest bar in the Middle East Long's Bar, Award-winning all day dining restaurant Flavours on Two and lobby café, Wraps. Contemporary business facilities and 8 meeting rooms offer all the amenities needed to satisfy your requirements. The hotel's recreation facilities includes Bodylines Fitness & Wellness Club, located on the top floor of the annex building, features an outdoor swimming pool with a sun terrace, a Jacuzzi, a fully-equipped fitness centre, steam and sauna rooms, and views of the coastal residential area, Jumeriah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Travelbag, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Towers Rotana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towers Rotana - Dubai Hotel Dubai
- Hotel Rotana Dubai
- Towers Rotana Hotel Dubai