“very good”

Sea View Hotel
Ranked #52 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
“very good”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

This was our third visit to sea view hotel as previous visits have been enjoyable and pleasant. The staff have been supportive. The hotel has received an upgrade which is evident during the visit. The facilities including the gym and pool have been used during the visit. The hotel is maintained well and clean. In conclusion the hotel is well located and would certianly return again in the future when visiting Dubai.

2 Thank husseinzd
Fernando N, Front Office Manager at Sea View Hotel, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Hussein,

The warmest greetings from Sea View Hotel Dubai!

Thank you so much for posting such a wonderful review. I am delighted to know that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations, giving you an enjoyable stay.

Appreciate for describing positive information about facilities and services which will be handy information to all the guests visiting in near future to the hotel.

Your compliments will definitely be shared with our team and thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon here in Sea View Hotel for another amazing experience.

Front office manager
Niumal Fernando.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Italy
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Firstly, if you take a look at my previous reviews for other hotels. You will notice that i am always fair and honest in my reviews, always looking for a positive aspect, rather than searching for the negative. I prefer to leave NO REVIEW rather than a bad one. But anyway....

I stayed here recently, but i would prefer to not to state exactly when. As i would like to rename anonymous to the hotel. As i feel there are a lot of dubious occurrences here.

First impression are quite impressive, lovely big Hall and Reception with glass elevators.
Check in process, very tedious and problematic. (not to mention that their driver did not wait for me in the airport) I arrived in Dubai at 2130 and arrived in the hotel at 0300. Thanks for that!

The second night, i noticed a poster for the indian restaurant in the lift. This restaurant was situated on the 7th floor. After work, i had a shower and got changed into a pair of Cargo shorts and a jumper, and made my way to the restaurant, the waiter showed me to my table, the restaurant was completely empty of guests, at the entrance there was a Arab Gent of around 70 years of age, with about 6/8 girls which at the first glance appeared to belong to the worlds oldest profession. I can only assume that they sat me on a 6 seater table was because i was the only guest in the restaurant, after about 5 minutes the manager approached me and asked if i would mind putting on a pair of trousers. Of course not...

When i returned (in trousers) i ordered my food, 3/10 overall for quality and presentation 5/10 for taste and 1/10 for price 80 euros for a basic indian meal and 3 beers.

As i was halfway through my starter about 30 or so Indian Men came into the restaurant and sat basically, at my table, and around my table.. which i found odd as the restaurant was empty. Now the next part might seem a little far fetched... I am certainly no prude and in my time i may have been considered a bit of a lad :-)

8 Girls of very, very young age (16-18) came out on to a stage and took turns to dance for the customers... now this was not innocent dancing, the girls were demonstrating their wares so to speak. It was actually quite embarrassing being the only westerner at this Indian Bring and Buy sale. After i finished my food, paid my bill and grasped my chance to escape, (the waiter did ask me if i had any request for the girls... nice of him anyway) I went to my room and on my Ipad (local SIM as hotels was payment) I looked up the hotel on trip advisor, digging deep enough finding many people who'd had similar experiences.

Anyway, this hotel is absolutely rammed with Indian Families and there luggage blocking corridors. My room was filthy, grime on the sink and shower, finger nail clippings on the bathroom floor, The brothel on the first floor music is so loud that my bathroom mirror vibrated from 10pm to 3am. and the reception staff are clueless... Hows that eh?

4 stars. HAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank ModernistItaly
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Sea View Hotel!

We sincerely regret to read your dissatisfaction about your stay at our hotel. We are unable to trace your details of arrival and transport arrangement due to there is no mention of your date of arrival, name or any kind of information to find the same. However, as you have mentioned about airport pick up arrangement that you have waited at the airport more than 5hours but, as per our records we never delayed transport for 05hours and also details that you have mentioned about our hotel and services which are not accurate. If you had such experience in your recent stay with us, we really appreciate that you bring it you our attention during your stay and I am sure we will go to any extremes to make your stay comfortable.

However, your comments have been forward to operation management team for more investigation and please contact us direct through fom@seaviewhoteldubai for more clarification.

We do hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve on your next trip to Dubai and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you soon amongst us in Sea View Hotel.

Best regards,
Nagpur. India
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Pleasure feeling to stay in this hotel. Area is also good and ofcourse the staff is very supportive. Restaurant food have good taste especially Indian CoastalCuisine. i can recommend this to my friend who wish to visit dubai

1 Thank shreessd
Dear Shree,

The warmest greetings from Sea View Hotel Dubai!

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us here at Sea View Hotel Dubai.

Indeed it is nice to learn how much you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for your kind comments especially about the service you received during your stay, I will share it with the team here and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon for another wonderful stay.

Kind Regards,
Dahanu
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

we feel very comfertable...the rooms are bit small but clean n cozy...breakfast is good....staffn room service is excelent...we definately come back n stay here again.service is good.all staff are very good.and were planing to comeback with our family soon.and still we choosing to stay in sea view hotel.especial thanks to mr.patel at the reception.keep up the good work...and also to ms.elena always accomating us.

Fernando N, Front Office Manager at Sea View Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Rajendra,

The warmest greetings from Sea View Hotel Dubai!

Thank you so much for posting such a wonderful review, it’s greatly appreciated. I’m elated to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience with us, made even more memorable by our staff. Your feedback and comments have been cascaded to all of them.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and have the pleasure of welcoming you to Sea View Hotel Dubai.

Best regards,
Niumal Fernando
dubai
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

i stayed there 5 nights and it was quiet excellent with neat and clean rooms with good quality of breakfast with variety and all staff was friendly...
such a memorable stay at sea view and hoping to come back with same expiereance.

1 Thank Patelpriya
Fernando N, Front Office Manager at Sea View Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Patel,

The warmest greetings from Sea View Hotel Dubai!

Appreciate for describing positive information like breakfasts and services which will be handy information to all the guests visiting in near future to the hotel.

Front office manager
United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 8 August 2014

were staying for 2 nights in sea view hotel.room is quite small but clean,good atmostphere,very good food in buffet with servings more than 10 menu,staff are very attentive,helpful,wonderful lady staff in the lobby,she accommodating to entertains all the guest's.very good keep-up the very good work!!!will coming back very soon.

Room Tip: higher floor is more better, and quite.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank raashed z
Fernando N, Front Office Manager at Sea View Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Raashed,

Greetings from Sea View Hotel Dubai!

Thank you for your overwhelming review and recommendations. I am delighted to know that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations, giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Sea View Hotel Dubai near future.

Sincerely yours,
Niumal Fernando
London
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Good service and i would highly recommend this to everyone. The breakfast has various choices and many places are near the hotel which is good. Dubai Mall has many unique shops and is the biggest shopping centre in the world.

1 Thank DCValgi
Dear Valued Guest,

Indeed it is nice to learn how much you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for your kind comments especially about the service you received during your stay, I will share it with the team here and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon for another wonderful experience.

Kind Regards,