“Very nice but odd location”
Review of Auris Plaza Hotel

Auris Plaza Hotel
Ranked #151 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Very nice hotel for the money. Everything was clean, professional and modern. Rooftop pool with good views was anice touch too. Dubai is definitely not a walking city, and nor is this hotel. Everyone drives everywhere (it feels like Vegas in that regard). we had a hire car, so kt was fine. There is good parking at the hotel. Taxis are apparently cheap, but I stil think I would not stay here again, if I didnt have a car.

Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Ololiferous
There are newer reviews for Auris Plaza Hotel

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Stayed for 8 nights and would return to this hotel, without question. It should be noted that this is a 'dry' hotel, so doesn't sell alcohol. Located on the door of Mall of Emirates and taxi's are very very cheap!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank MichelleKellyJonRiddoch
Reviewed 26 March 2013

if you are looking for an affordable hotel, well located, clean, quiet, this hotel is for you. It was a last minute booking and I didn t regret it. Service is good and the hotel staff is friendly. The rooms are very modern and clean. The hotel is quiet and the lobby is never crowded with money makers which is a risk in Dubai.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2013

The location of this hotel is grate , i chose it because its just behind Emarits mall (walking distance) , and its completely new with goos sized rooms and free WiFi.
I personally never heard of this hotel before , but its worth every dollar.
The service was quick and efficient .
BUT , I had 2 problems :
I made a reservation with booking.com in the name of my wife , using my personal credit card (as I had have done before), and after I got a confirmation , I received an e.mail from booking , telling me that my credit card had a problem !!
I reinterred my credit card info once more , just to get a second and third rejection from the hotel !!
I called my bank and they confirmed that my card is ok !!

I had to call the hotel and ask for reservations , to be answered by an Arabian lady that was very rude and disrespect able , I gave her my reservation number , that's when she told my that we can't proses my reservation because the credit card info and the beneficiary of the booking don't match !! And that she needed to charge me for one night !!
I told her that I had done this before with no problems , even the web site requested me to fill up a section for deferent beneficiary and there was no information or disclaimers on there web site that said otherwise .
She said "we are sorry but we can't " , I asked for any other solution , and she said " just cancel the booking and be charged for a night".
I asked for the manager , and she told me that the manager wasn't available !!
That's when I had to be change my voice tone , then she know that I was serious and willing to push this mater longer and at a higher level , then she transferred my call to the manager Mr.Peter , he told me write way " after re explaining the hole story again , that they where sorry and that all I had to do is to fill up a form and send a copy of my passport .

So , they didn't bother to call or to send an email with detailed information about the credit card and the beneficial problem.
And when I had to call the hotel reservation she told my that there was no solution , but actually there was.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Faiz1976
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I arrived late on the night of my reservation, without my luggage and feeling pretty battered from my long flight. The staff were very pleasant and efficient. After being told that I would be in a room with a twin bed even though I had requested and had confirmation of a large bed, I inquired if something could be done. Though the staff member said they had high occupancy, she did check, and my room was upgraded in order to accomodate my needs. The room was spotless and well accomodated.

Any request I made (loaner electrical converter, room service) was met with polite and prompt attention. The concierge suggested a very nice area for dining and strolling on a pleasant evening. Overall, had the staff not been as friendly and helpful my short stay would have been very different.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank ajenik
Reviewed 12 March 2013

this hotel is suitable for famlies it is near Emiratesmall and it is clean the bed is comfortable the breakfast is very good but it is crowded but the service is very good there is a free wifi there are many Tv channels and a plazma monitor in every room..

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2013

- we booked a suit with two rooms , turns out that it is a room connected to a suit , there was no lock in the bedroom so basically no privacy if you have someone in the other room.
- the room is very nice very big and well equipped
- lobby is not that good very small and crowded.
- Egyptian manager was rude as they refused to give us an extension to the check out time, although we had 5 rooms booked as we were there as the family, so we had no privilege
- Bathroom is nice.
- Service is very slow usually, as the hotel is very crowded. They take forever to do anything
- Overall it was a good experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family